Marc 49 - Oakland
4915 Telegraph Ave
Oakland, CA 94609Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Marc 49 - Oakland
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.marc49.com/
- Phone: 5106522100x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00 am - 2:30 pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Beer Garden, Californian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We plan and coordinate your private events to success. Providing passed and displayed hors d’oeuvres and full multi-course dinners. We are the perfect place for your next event.
- Entertainment: Open Mic every Monday on the Patio. Sign-up begins at 5:30pm.
A word from Marc 49 - Oakland
Marc 49 offers a relaxing, ambient atmosphere to dine, mingle, and enjoy your evenings. Gastro lounge with craft cocktails, farm fresh ingredients and a compelling wine list brings locals and out of towners to enjoy the heated patio, the elegant bar and professional service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Marc 49 - Oakland reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (7)neighborhood gem (6)good for groups (4)romantic (3)late-night find (3)notable wine list (3)fit for foodies (3)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- very enjoyable all aroundTheKidDined on 8/11/2014Very nice back patio. Live music. Excellent and unique thought out food dishes. Trio wine sampler also a cool take vs beer samplers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014Yummy! Bartender was attentive, knowledgable, and enjoyable. He gave us some great wine pairings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hour on Trivia NightvisitingfromSFDined on 7/17/2014Visited Marc 49 on a Wednesday for Happy Hour with my team. We were the first to arrive for the outdoor patio - reservations weren't really needed at 5:15 pm. Our group tried many of the fun cocktails which were well prepared. Service was excellent even as the patio filled up. Wednesday is Trivia Night beginning at 7 pm. What fun!! Good vibe, lot's of laughs.Special Features:
- Wine and DineParkeDined on 7/12/2014I came here as a single diner and sat at the bar. It was a nice atmosphere and the staff was very friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Super Awesome Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/25/2014Bottomless Mimosa's, delicious food, very attentive wait staff and an out door patio. Other than shade, I couldn't ask for more. I will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- The following 16 reviews are from the Marc 49 - Oakland reviews archive.
- Good for drinks, food mehmemesDined on 5/2/2014Food took a very long time to come out, especially for 'bar food' (sliders, oysters, etc). Food was okay, not great. Drinks were good but no beer on tap :(. I would say this is a good place to meet people for drinks and maybe have some bar food, but not a good place to go for dinner.Special Features:
- Slooooooow serviceGrantDined on 4/28/2014Cute little back patio, but the service was ridiculously slow. Open mike music was fine but too loud for such a small patio, making it hard to carry on a conversation.Special Features:
- A Special Type of RestaurantmfagsVIPDined on 4/16/2014The updated outdoor space in back is very nice and spacious. We shared several dishes including oysters rocker feller. Each dish was prepared with lots of unique taste and quality ingredients. Topped it off with the flourless chocolate cake. Very yummy. We always try a different wine from their menu.Special Features:
- Too loud for me! Food wasctctDined on 2/28/2014Too loud for me! Food was good, not great. Onion Soup was mediocre. Bruschetta was OK, but not great. The salad was great. The wine selection was good. Our waitress was great, but very busy.
- v-day blissOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014went here with my cutie for valentine's dinner, which was planned last minute. we don't usually get fancy and go out but decided to spend the holiday dressed up for a nice meal. a week prior, i called about 15 places to make a reservation, and almost everywhere i called was exasperated trying to fit in all the romantic date-makers. but when i called Marc 49, they were not only patient with my questions, but excited to tell me about the special prix fixe menu and wine pairings -- which were incredibly reasonably priced compared to all the other places i looked at. the evening of was delicious, only the tiniest hitch in service -- trouble getting the first couple of wine pairings out on time. will def consider next time i'm feeling fancy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Variety and Great ServicemfagsVIPDined on 1/29/2014We always enjoy coming to Marc49 for a simple but elegant dinner. Wednesday night oysters, a salad, potation leek soup (gorgeous), and the avocado dish with bruschetta. A nice combination. Lots of wonderful flavors, topped off with the wine of the day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great service.tomtomrnDined on 1/17/2014Good food, great service. However, food took a little long to come out.Special Features:
- DisappointmentBerkeleyFoodieDined on 1/4/2014The experience as diners was much less enjoyable the second time we visited. The cocktails were complex and delicious. However four of our choices of small plates were no longer available even though we had 6:30 reservations. There was only one choice of dessert offerings! The waiter had trouble hearing us even when the noise level was not extreme. With such wonderful food and drink offerings, we hope that the service will improve as concerns availability of the offerings.The lack of food selection so early in the evening seemed strange. In hindsight, we should have asked to be seated in the paying, which is where we sat on our previous visit. We would love to see this restaurant succeed because the food and cocktails are exceptional!Special Features:
- Sarah saved the day!SnaketrudDined on 1/1/2014I was excited about the New Year's Day brunch options and invited a crew of friends to join me there because I love the outdoor patio AND i've had good service/food there before. I'm glad we were in a festive mood, because we waited 1.5 hours for our food to come out piecemeal, but as I said, our server Sarah was amazing. Extremely attentive, apologetic, and dutifully comped us a few things to make up for the long wait. I've worked in the service industry, and I don't believe I could've maintained my composure the way our server did. She was wonderful and we agreed we'd return just to have her wait on us again. Food this time wasn't so hot; I'm usually pretty impressed, but we figured it was a hard day for food prep. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but unprepared.HappilynappymeDined on 1/1/2014We went for New Year's Day brunch after getting an email about a special menu. The food was great. I had a duck leg hash w/ poached eggs and some good bloody marys. However with a group of 6 it took us over an hour to get our food. Our waitress was overwhelmed as she was the only one working it seemed. It was poor planning on managements part to not expect a crowd after sending out a massive email blast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of room for improvementSabrinaDined on 1/1/2014We had New Year's brunch here and it was an unpleasant way to greet the New Year. The restaurant was chilly and the music was too loud. The service was unbelievably bad - cold food, incorrect orders, coffee never refilled, plates not cleared, etc. We won't give this place a second try.
- This place is a lot of fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/11/2013This place is a lot of fun! I come here on occasion. Great wine! Ambiance is what draws me to this place as well. Although I've only had wine here the full bar seems really good and the bartender looks well experienced!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Management must be confusedenigmicahDined on 12/7/2013This place isn't bad if you're looking for a bar with cool drinks and a pretty good menu as far as bar food goes. If you miss Zza's and are hoping this "wine bar" might fill that desire, you'll be disappointed. The decoration and dinnerware goes for an upscale casual thing, but the customers seemed to fit pretty well with the punk rock music they were playing - a strange contrast. Though the place has a decent wine list for a bar, i wouldn't call it a wine bar. Overall it wasn't bad, just not what i was looking for.
- FantasticKariKVIPDined on 11/11/2013Loved the patio! The open mic night was a great surprise too:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!!HappydinerPEPDined on 9/10/2013I had never been to Marc 49 and I loved it! Will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnermfagsVIPDined on 8/29/2013We gave this restaurant a try recently and enjoyed it immensely. The guac was very fresh, as were the various side dishes we tried. It is gem - reasonable portions to match the pricing. The wine list is good and the speciality cocktails are fun.Special Features: