220-33 Northern Blvd
Bayside, NY 11361Neighborhood:
New Hyde Park
SpanishPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.marbella-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 7184230100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm; Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 6:30am - 11:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Spanish
- Executive Chef: Esteban Barroso
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Remember Marbella Restaurant when planning your next event. We cater private parties and banquets for up to 350 people, as well as corporate events in our Ball Room or East Room. Whatever your plans require, we can help make it memorable. Please ask about our Deluxe Party Showers and also our elegant Viennese coffee and desserts.
- Private Party Facilities: Remember Marbella Restaurant when planning your next event. We cater private parties and banquets for up to 350 people, as well as corporate events in our Ball Room or East Room. Whatever your plans require, we can help make it memorable. Please ask about our Deluxe Party Showers and also our elegant Viennese coffee and desserts.
- Private Party Contact: Blanco 7184230100
- Entertainment: Come enjoy the sounds of Victor Gonzalez our Harpist.
A word from Marbella Restaurant
At Marbella Restaurant, lunch and dinner are always a memorable experience. Relax in an elegant environment and enjoy the distinctive cuisine as prepared by Chef Esteban Barroco who is proud to present the most flavorful dishes from various regions of Spain as well as a number of French and Italian masterpieces. Chef Esteban Barroco's ambition is to offer each client a memorable dining experience. Memorable for the indisputable quality of the ingredients, expert preparation, and beautiful presentation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Marbella Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)special occasion (16)romantic (12)good for groups (11)fit for foodies (7)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (4)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Spanish Favoriteoperalover212VIPDined on 8/30/2014I have been going to this restaurant for several decades and it never disappoints. Try the Sangria - the best around!Special Features:
- Muy buen restaurante!DstrauDined on 8/19/2014Great authentic Spanish food and service. Wonderful sangría!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatme13VIPDined on 8/16/2014I just love going to this restaurant. The food is soooo good and the wait staff makes you feel so welcomed. Nothing is ever an issue either! I cannot wait to go back!Special Features:
- We will be back!NYCnativeVIPDined on 8/15/2014While I have read some reviews stuck on the decor I have to say, my wife and I enjoyed the "Spanish/Moorish" interior. The interior was spotless, had comfortable seating and attentive service but if you are looking for an untra modern interior instead of good food then this may not be for you. If you appreciate good food and an interior themed to go with the menu then you will love Marbella. Great Sangria, amazing tripe and attentive service. While I had better paella in a few other places the starters were excellent. I think we ordered from the days special but the tripe was my favorite and the stuffed mushrooms were delicious as well. The Mussels were huge and the Sangria was perfect and prepared table side.Special Features:
- Elegant and reliableTravellerVIPDined on 8/2/2014Very good food wonderful service and warm atmosphere keeps us coming back. The paella was thoroughly enjoyed and the shrimp or fish in green sauce was the best.elegant, old world service led to a great evening with friends. Oh the house wine was quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable!FoodieVIPDined on 8/1/2014Nice place. Good food. Good service. You won't go wrong with this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You have to know that it is there.MonteDined on 7/30/2014Marbella is a traditionally decorated Spanish restaurant offering excellent food, wine , and service. Located in a hotel, one needs to know that it's there to be able to enjoy it. The table side made house sangria is a great accompaniment to any of the well prepared and beautifully presented main courses.Special Features:
- Excellent Family Restaurant!FoodieFoodieDined on 7/19/20142nd year in a row I have been there, great food, gread sangria, the best Paella I have tasted ever! One of the most kid friendly places I have been. I woul go there again in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- ExcellentDcesDined on 7/12/2014The food is great and the service is excellent, that night they had someone playing the harp which made the night really enjoyable. We have been there several times with different people and everybody loves the place, the food and the staff, had not try other liquors other than the sangria , very good, we always ask for it. We definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Lovely EveningToodlesDined on 6/20/2014We have been dining at Marbella for 40 years,and the food,service and ambience have always been excellent.We have never been disappointed.It's a wonderful place to go when you're in the mood for a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointingTravellerVIPDined on 6/17/2014This is one of the most consistent restaurants in terms of food quality and service. Always excellent. Old world charm woderful service and so very accomodatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Muy BuenoSundanceDined on 6/12/2014Marbella has been around for decades and never disappoints. The menu is extensive and every dish we had is outstanding. The recipes are authentic and we have not yet found a better Spanish restaurant in the area. The waiters are attentive.Special Features:
- Great Experience!AnnaDined on 5/31/2014We have visited Marbella several times and have never been disappointed. What you will notice first is the servers, all dressed up, and ready to serve the minute you are seated. They treat you like royalty! Sangria was made at the table, and was awesome! A caesar salad was also prepared at table side; a salad for one was easily enough for three of us. The paella is one of the best!! The mackerel appetizer recommended by our server was out of this world! And Mr. Cid will come to you table to make sure that all is well and enjoyable. Parking has never been an issue. We highly recommend this lovely restaurant!!!Special Features:
- blast from the pastalexVIPDined on 5/31/2014it takes me back to the 70's the decor has not changed the best thing about this place is that the great cooking has not change either some of the best sea food aroundSpecial Features:
- The following 85 reviews are from the Marbella Restaurant reviews archive.
- taliaelyseDined on 5/11/2014The food was OK but the wait was HORRID... My entire dining experience lasted 3 and a half hours. It took someone 35 minutes to come over to our table to take our order. We had to remind the waiter to go check for our food that obviously was sitting and waiting because it was cold. The manager was apologetic after calling him over to ask if this was normal and he blamed it all on being very busy but they didn't even have a full house. Would not return to this place.Special Features:
- A little waitEagereaterDined on 5/11/2014It must have been that it was on Mothers Day, but the wait was crazy. They didn't have enough menus to go around. We waited 40 min. for the main courses. However the food was worth the wait and the waitstaff was friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lozana36Dined on 5/11/2014This restaurant has terrible service. 3/7 plates had leftover food. Lobster bisque was terrible, and a server was offended that we didn't eat it and with arms flailing told us "I have worked here 37 years and no one has ever not liked it." Another sever who stretched his arm over my mother's dinner and laughed, told her "you need to be happy mami." It took us an hour to get menus at the start. Server forgot a drink. Our paella was cold. Our server was missing for 30 minutes. We couldn't get a manager for 30 minutes. This was a terrible Mother's Day dinner and I would never recommend that anyone go there. They discounted our bill over 50% but it was terrible and would never return. All this positive reviews online are wrong.
- RangerDined on 5/11/2014We haven't been there in years. We had a great Mother's Day lunch! It is beautiful and the service was excellent. The calamari was top notch also the lobster bisque, delicious.Special Features:
- Mom Loved Marbella!operalover212VIPDined on 5/11/2014We had a lovely Mother's Day. It was such a treat for my mom. The food was wonderful and they did not rush us like most other restaurants do on this holiday.Special Features:
- Madrid in NYSteveDined on 5/2/2014Old time traditional Spanish restaurant. It was nice seeing the room full of patrons enjoying themselves as these traditional restaurants with professional wait staff in formal black suits are a dying breed. Though there appeared to be ample staff to serve the crowd, it was sometimes hard to flag our server, a beef I have with most restaurants -- good and bad. Generally, staff are not trained to scan the dining room for diners seeking service each time they enter it. Instead, staff always seem to have their heads down or to be intently staring only at the table they are headed for. Most diners understand their requests cannot be immediately met at busy moments; rather most only want acknowledgment their request has been noted.Special Features:
- Food and Service always outstandingDoctorAlVIPDined on 4/6/2014Food and Service always outstanding. Have been coming here for 20 years and even though I live in New Jersey I still come here and will continue to dine hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousBigDogDined on 4/5/2014The food is fabulous, service is great. The best Paella we have ever had.Special Features:
- GEM FIND2frequentdinersDined on 2/15/2014A perfect storm of excellent food and service. Their made to order pitcher of Sangria at your table is second to none. OLE, OLE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but....NycneweraDined on 2/14/2014This was a great experience but the tables are very small in some areas and it is surprisingly small, the food was good, nothing too special about it, the waiters are very professional and it's connected directly next to a hotel which is a plus if your planning to dine and sleep, they cater and I believe this would be an awesome place to host an event or family get together and have a place close by to keep them.. Overall I give it 3 starsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No organization hereDavidDined on 2/14/2014To be fair I visited the restaurant on valentines day so it was very busy. With that said there was zero organization amongst the staff at all. The only consistent waitress I had was the hostess who realized my wife and I were getting no service the entire night. We were asking her for more water, menus and food. Of corse after waiting for an hour for our entree there was a mix up as to why we didn't get our food. I'll save all the semantics , the food was good, the decor looked like an elementary school classroom with valentines day arts and crafts hanging and as I said before the service was non existent. A very poor showing by the wait staff who seemingly didn't care. Not sure I'll go back on a normal night in the future. I tipped 0$
- Keep coming backMusicVIPDined on 2/14/2014Went with my wife to celebrate valentines and as always, the food was great. We ordered the paella valenciana with lobster. Great quality. And had sangria made to order at the table. On Fridays and Saturdays they have a gentleman that plays the harp that makes the ambiance even more romantic. Been coming here for over 10 yrs. and will keep coming back.Special Features:
- Bad serviceNewyorkeaterDined on 2/14/2014Bad service. We went on a valentine s day dinner, I understand they were busy but it doesn't mean the waiters need to be ignorance. They had a special dinner menu on that day, it was pricy and the food wasn't worthy the price. Would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- Avoid at all costDisappointedDined on 2/14/2014My date and I came here for Valentine's Day. The decor is from the 80s with floral chairs. We had a makeshift table between two booths. They literally placed a chair between two booth cushions. We were then given cold bread and frozen butter. We were then given VDay Menus that were limited to 6 different entree choices and eliminated any appetizer or entree that couldn't be cooked in bulk or a day in advance. We got two apps. The clams were okay, but the croquetas was clearly frozen food that was reheated. We both got the broiled steak because that was the only steak option. The portion was very large, but had absolutely no taste and was full of fat. Also, it came with reheated frozen veggies and potato chips! We left without dessert.Special Features:
- varied menumitchDined on 2/8/2014good atmosphere, good food, great service and a wide ranging menu.Special Features:
- Seniorita's Chase's DadNeilVIPDined on 2/2/2014Marbella NEVER disappoints. Absolutely wonderful Spanish restaurant with professional service. Food is cooked to perfection, authentic. Sangria mixed at table-side is great. This is THE BEST Spanish restaurant in NYC and LI. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- A Gem!bjc1Dined on 1/19/2014Excellent authentic Spanish food, great sangria, professional friendly waiters.Special Features:
- Keep going backTravellerVIPDined on 12/31/2013Marbella never disappoints. Wonderful food and attentive service make makes this restaurant a great experience. Throw in the harp player and it becomes a romantic and memorable time. The portions are large. The seafood was moist and flavorful. This is ehat keeps us coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicelov2eatoutDined on 12/28/2013We had a wonderful meal with terrific, attentive service. The food was perfectly prepared, beautifully presented, and delicious. Depending on what you are looking for, the ambiance is not as wonderful. We would have liked a quiet table where we could talk comfortably. The table we were given was large and as well located as possible( we were given a choice), but in order to hear each other, we had to sit side by side and lean toward each other. This appears to be a family restaurant where large groups come to celebrate events. On the plus side, there were many regulars and we were given the same attention they received. We would definitely go back. It was pricey, but worth every cent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/16/2013There was a 40+ person holiday party the night we went. They put us right near them. We could barely hear ourselves. When we asked for a manager the waiter said, "was it for a positive reason!" When we replied "no!" He said there was no one there! They knew were had a reservation and that they were also having tis loud large party beforehand. My onion soup was dishwater with cheese. Very untasty! The salad portions were tiny. We ordered 2 pieces of cake (2 different kinds). When they came, one was not what we ordered, and the waiter tried to insist that it was the pecan pie (it actually was the keylime pie ) The service was not great.
- Can eat here every dayme13VIPDined on 12/7/2013We have been going to marbella for years. The food is ALWAYS excellent. The service is great without being pushy. I truly think this is the best Spanish style restaurant around!Special Features:
- Wonderful!JudyDined on 11/23/2013Having been there several times, the food and staff were consistently wonderful! I would recommend it highly to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tottally Enjoyed!collegeDined on 11/14/2013I am a HS Spanish teacher from Brooklyn. I brought my Senior Spanish class to see a Flamenco performance at Queensborough Performing Arts Center. I explored the internet and found that Marbella was in close walking distance and I decided to bring my group of 23 students to a Spanish restaurant to enjoy a Spanish meal. The ambience was very Spanish, the waiters were extremely gracious and the food was delicious. Our group ate a wonderful Paella and we left taking pictures with the wonderful waiters. The students and I had a wonderful day and I will definitely return to Marbella.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stay awayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2013From the moment we walked in we were promptly seated. It went doenhill from there. I asked five fifferent people to get a waiter to cone ovet. After ternty minutes he took our drink order. They made a fresh batch of nediocre sangria then some small portions of paella. Very inhappy. Will not return.
- just greatalexVIPDined on 11/9/2013it was my wife's birthday over all they did a great job as always love this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love those whiskey musselsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/4/2013The mussels offered as an appetizer are in a delicious green sauce, but they will make their wonderful whiskey mussels still if you ask - which we did and they were as good as I remembered. Also the grilled calamari appetizer is unique and delicious. For dinner we had Paella - always one of my favorite dishes - and so many to choose from. We had the Paella + Lobster which was quite good, but I've also had the seafood Paella which is spectacular. Other dinner choice was the Chilean Sea Bass which was amazing. Then the wonderful crepes for dessert, which they make at your table. Too good to believe. Wait staff attentive, homemade Sangria delicious (also made table-side). We love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.