Marbella - Cleveland
29425 Chagrin Blvd.
Pepper Pike, OH 44122Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
Marbella - Cleveland
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://marbellarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2164649939
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 5:00pm, Sunday: 1:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Portuguese
- Executive Chef: Marcelo Fadul
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Free Private Parking Lot
- Private Party Contact: Armindo 2164649939
A word from Marbella - Cleveland
Spanish and Portuguese Continental Cuisine... We offer Seafood, Steaks and PoultryContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Marbella - Cleveland reviews from OpenTable diners
- Good food, good service,easyFoodieVIPDined on 4/22/2013Good food, good service,easy free parking. Clean and very well operated.Special Features:
- Just above averagePJN11Dined on 4/20/2013Everything was just OK. Good food, good service. Just wasn't great.
- It had been a long time sinceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/16/2013It had been a long time since I'd been at Marbella. The food and service was good but not as good as I remember. I'd say it wouldn't be my first choice for dinner.
- Nice neighborhood SpanishFoodieVIPDined on 4/16/2013Nice neighborhood Spanish restaurant,good parking,well lighted,good food,reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Marbella food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/5/2013Marbella food and service were both very good on the night we visited. We will go back again.Special Features:
- Totally awesome! Our waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013Totally awesome! Our waiter was fantastic with a good sense of humor!!!Special Features:
- Everything was wonderful exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/22/2013Everything was wonderful except for the selection of music.. We found the 60's music not very fitting withthe overall theme of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable meal, delicioussaz500Dined on 3/16/2013Very enjoyable meal, delicious chocolate martini, only downside, no room for dessert!Special Features:
- Nice place to entertain for Sat lunOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/16/2013The Sat lunch menu was limited. The setting and ambiance was exactly what I was looking for, and would definitely try it again.
- Great place for a businessOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/10/2013Great place for a business dinner (we had a group of 10). Spacious. Variety menu. Great service.Special Features:
- Even though the food was good,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/9/2013Even though the food was good, the services was not good. We had reservation, waited 10 -15 minutes to get seated, the waiter forgot some of the drink orders, water refills were slow, Sangria was not good. The food was good, but the service was not what I expected
- Eh.mascanlanVIPDined on 3/5/2013Service was friendly, but slow. Food was mediocre.
- Never go again. Had reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/2/2013Never go again. Had reservations for 7:30. Sat in the bar at 7. waited for a drink. 8pm rolls around and no one comes to get us for a table so we left.
- We had a great time. The waitersOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/2/2013We had a great time. The waiters were literally running because it was so busy, but overall nice dining experience!!Special Features:
- For an outstanding diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/19/2013For an outstanding dining experience, you can't beat Marbella's. They treat you like gold, and the food is incredible, balanced menu, the atmosphere is classy but fun, and for all that the prices are very reasonable. My girlfriend usually doesn't stray too far from Olive Garden but she approved this place and was quite impressed.Special Features:
- Had lunch. Food was quiteFirsttimerVIPDined on 2/19/2013Had lunch. Food was quite good. Seafood was fresh and very tasty. Will definitely have lunch there again, and want to go back for dinner!
- Slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013The service was slow (might have just been out waiter because the other waiters seemed prompt). The food wasn't bad, we had a filet mignon and stuffed tilapia. The calamari appetizer wasn't anything to brag about and it lacked flavor. It was a much better run restaurant before the passing of Jesus. Overall, I would not go out of my way to go back. It was a much better run restaurant when Jesus was there. RIP, Jesus. Miss hearing you on the Triv Show.Special Features:
- Overall, the food was fresh,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013Overall, the food was fresh, perfectly prepared, and nicely served. The wait staff was excellent as well.Special Features:
- We were disappointed withOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013We were disappointed with the staff BC they were forgetful all through the meal. For example, asking us if we wanted dessert when we hadn't yet placed our dinner order.Special Features:
- We had dinner for ValentinesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013We had dinner for Valentines Day. Our first experience at Marbella. The wait staff was exceptional. food was excellent and appropriatley priced. Atmosphere was romantic. We will be back.Special Features:
- The food was not inspiring,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/12/2013The food was not inspiring, and the service was slow and poor. The decor was pleasant and the lunch atmosphere was quiet and peaceful.
- Excellent food, great selection,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/11/2013Excellent food, great selection, professional staff.Special Features:
- Mallorca vs. MarbellaOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/9/2013We were expecting Mallorca but there is really no comparison for Marbella & Mallorca. Although we had a very nice time and a great meal and the service improved as the night progressed, Marbella simply cannot compare to the outstanding experience that is Mallorca.Special Features:
- Frantic night at MarbellaPegasusDined on 2/9/2013Started out poorly-host not at desk, had to wait 20 minutes to be seated, lobby area unwelcoming, many other couples waiting, all had reservations. Once seated, the food and service was excellent, but servers and busboys were running back and forth from kitchen and I was worried they would run into each other. Sure enough - CRASH! Dishes everywhere, but nobody hurt. Next time we'll try a weeknight, I think it won't be as frantic. Really, the food was great!Special Features:
- food fantastic- seating/ bar slowOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/9/2013Food outstanding. Service once seated at table was good. Service prior to being seated was poor- they were 45 min. behind in seating for reservation times. Went to the bar to wait and sat for 15 min. before getting asked what we wanted. This was my 1st time here and normally wouldn't go back, but got to believe something unexpected happened for them to be so behind and slow (short staffed or unexpected large group showded up and took longer than normal?). So I will try them again because, like i said, food was tremendous and service was good once at the table.Special Features:
- Flavorless food.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/4/2013There wasn't really any ambiance. The website states that there servers in tuxedos. The servers, though really nice and attentive were not dressed in the neatest attire. We ordered garlic soup, shrimp with peppers, salmon and for dessert mango mousse and cappuccino cake. The garlic soup was good but the entrees did not have any flavor at all. I've had hospital food that had more flavor. The mango mousse and the cake were good. But overall I will not be going back or recommending it to anybody.
- We were looking forward toOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/2/2013We were looking forward to this 'hidden gem', but found the wine list, food, and service lacking. The wines are your run-of-the-mill brands and dinner started with individually wrapped pads of butter. After 25 mins. the waiter finally returned for our order and although it was promptly served, the flavor was not nearly what it could have been. OK if you're in a pinch, but not necessarily worth the $$$, and we'll continue searching for other places.Special Features:
- Although the cuisine is awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013Although the cuisine is awesome on its own. What makes this continental restaurant stand out is the unparalleled service!Special Features:
- service started a little slowOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2013service started a little slow but once it got going it was on and poppin. Food was fantastic, told my children and they will try valentines day there, wonderful atmosphere for couples, business and just friends getting together, will be back and will try the sister restaurants. Some of their chairs are a little worn, could replace, also fireplace need repair, was looking for the warm cozy fire with temperatures around 10 degrees. Overall great experience.Special Features:
- A very sad night at MarbellafolzalaDined on 1/30/2013A very sad night for us. the place has changed. Only one Spanish waiter. The rest of the Spaniard and Portuguese waiters were gone. Kind of expected this when we got a CRUOPON. The atmosfere was diferent after being away a year because last year the Valentine Special where lobster and it was completely cook dry. My wife said: "The only thing that was good was the salad, the bread and the dessert. What we ordered left much to be desired. WE ARE NOY GOING BACK after patronizing the place for years. Note to OPEN TABLE: Please give my comments to Marbella Management
- This was our first time there.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/28/2013This was our first time there. We were with a group , and met at 4pm, so we had the whole place to ourselves. I was told it was newly remodeled., but it still felt dated to me. Everything was cooked to perfection,. I had stuffed jumbo shrimp w/crabmeat delicious, but it lacked a sauce, there was also steak, grouper, and red snapper, which everyone said they loved their dish. All the sides are served family style Spanish rice ( nothing special, a little bland) steamed vegetables. (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots) no seasoning at all. And fried potatoes (potato chips). Again, no salt or seasoning. Meal prices were between $17-28 I think I'd rather have a view of Cleveland or the lake.
- Jeers no cheersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/27/2013My visit to Marbella was sub par. I wasn't very enthused about the menu. For a Spanish restsaurant their menu seemed mixed between Spanish, Italian and French. The menu was quite sad. The only spanish dish on it was Paella. The service was terrible. No drink menu presented. Drinks were empty and we waited quite a while. Server never returned to ask about our appetizer nor did he for our main course. Waited on water. After about 35 minutes we got bread. After all of this it took them 15 minutes to get my check and ten to get it back to me. All while the dining room was emptying out. Terribly unsatisfied with this place.
- We have been to Marbella andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/26/2013We have been to Marbella and Majorca's many many times. It is our "go to" place for special ocassions. Our meals have always been excellent!Special Features:
- The food and the service wereSnmoVIPDined on 1/25/2013The food and the service were perfect and the place is very nice.Special Features:
- Service great, food just notOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/20/2013Service great, food just not the same as previous experiences
- We've been to Marbella onOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013We've been to Marbella on several occasions, the draw being the European continental cuisine and atmosphere. We had not been there since the remodeling and it is quite nice and appealing. We were seated in another room from where we had previously been which was more open and not quite as intimate but still welcoming. We will be returning next month for an encore.Special Features:
- Food wasn't worth the price.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/18/2013Food wasn't worth the price. Knock 30% off the entire menu and that would be about what I would have expected to pay for that quality of food. The decor/ambiance was off. The wood posts are painted high-gloss brown making them look like plastic and there are glass vases and modern art awkwardly spaced throughout. And the chairs are very tired. And it was a freezing cold night but there was no fire in the fireplace.
- Food was ok, not as greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2013Food was ok, not as great as I would expect for the price. The waitstaff was nice, but not very attentive--we had to wait an overly long time for everything, to order drinks, to hear specials, to place our order, to see the desserts, to get our check, and to pay our check. Despite making reservations and arriving early for them, we still had to wait for a table past the time of our reservations. The tiramasu we had for dessert was the best part of our meal. It was really good and just what we wanted. All in all, I'm glad I had a group-on for the dinner and wasn't paying full-price.
- The food and service was veryMereAnneDined on 1/12/2013The food and service was very good. The busboy really worked hard.Special Features:
- Disinterested waiter left us coldkeepingitrealDined on 1/12/2013We were at Marbella for 2 hrs--puzzling because nearly every worker there was (at times, literally) running, with the exception of the waiter who took our order, after we'd waited ~15 minutes after having ordered beverages. The waterboy and kitchen runners were quite speedy + the food was properly prepared + tasty. However, we probably won't return simply because our waiter was never around, so someone had to be flagged down with any requests. Once the runners delivered our meals, the waiter never came to check if we were pleased with the food. Even when he WAS at the table, it seemed he wasn't truly there--aloof + disinterested in us, whether at other tables or what--not sure. Maybe watching football in the bar.