Maravilla - Ojai Valley Inn & Spa
905 Country Club Rd.
Ojai, CA 93012Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
Maravilla - Ojai Valley Inn & Spa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ojairesort.com/
- Phone: (805) 640-2100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private room that seats up to 40 people with a fireplace, private terrace a beautiful view.
- Private Party Contact: Nikki Bart 8056402104
- Entertainment: Saturday Nights: 8:00pm - 11:00pm, Live Jazz.
A word from Maravilla - Ojai Valley Inn & Spa
Our style of food is inspired by the abundant natural diversity and rich ingredients of our valley and local California region. We are fortunate to have our own two acre chef's garden. In addition to the bounty that surrounds us, we are also within miles of the finest wineries in Central California. Our Mediterranean climate allows for a year round growing season.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Maravilla - Ojai Valley Inn & Spa - Best Restaurants in Ojai ›
Maravilla - Ojai Valley Inn & Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (4)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (3)special occasion (3)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Maravilla is Marvelous!808lacanadaDined on 8/20/2014Food and service were the best!!! Will definitely eat there when we go to Ojai again. Wonderful wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 82 reviews are from the Maravilla - Ojai Valley Inn & Spa reviews archive.
- We actually ate at Oak Grill!MeMeVIPDined on 2/14/2014We ate at the Oak Grill, and sat outside on the patio. It was great... very beautiful views, great food, and a nice alternative to Maravilla if you can't get a table there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just WonderfulPeterVIPDined on 10/9/2013Second time I have eaten there and it's excellent. Great wine parings, the tomato salad is to die for, and please do not miss the local specials. The Chef know what he is doingSpecial Features:
- Hidden patioArthurVIPDined on 8/30/2013I've been to Ojai valley in five times and just found out about the patio at marvilla, bueatiful views and pink sky at sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant and RoyalMabelDined on 8/30/2013The service is outstanding. I felt like royalty. The food was good, not out-of-this-world amazing, but good. You can't beat the elegance and beauty here. The prices are very high, so make this a splurge on a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view!TracryVIPDined on 8/14/2013Dined here for our 25th anniversary. We were greeted at the table by rose petals and a lovely note from the Restaurant manager welcoming us. We sat on the outdoor patio overlooking the golf course and rolling hills, the view was beautiful, complete with deer on the green. The food was good and they served a special anniversary dessert with complimentary champagne. This would have been a 5-star evening if our server had been "with-it". She indicated she had just returned from a week vacation, could not remember/explain the specials and regular menu items, and lacked any desire to provide service. The bus boy had suggested that my husband could order draft beer from the bar below and they would run and get it. The server said no.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sumply WinderfulJanouxVIPDined on 6/9/2013A completely pleasant dining experience in a truly lively setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service extraordinaire!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/9/2013Great restaurant - small menu but excellent choices - extraordinary service - I highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Restaurant does not matchfatboyDined on 4/14/2013Restaurant does not match the other amenities in the resort
- We enjoyed our dinner at MaravillaphylkayVIPDined on 4/3/2013We enjoyed our dinner at Maravilla and also our stay at the Ojai Valley Inn.Special Features:
- Special martinis at the barOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/23/2013Special martinis at the bar were a fabulous treat and the food was excellent. The grounds were spectacular. Our waiter started out very attentively and grew less so as the meal progressed. He told us he would bring a special dessert for the birthday honoree but it never arrived and we didn't ask.Special Features:
- Two and a half hours of fine diningHappy2commentVIPDined on 3/10/2013Wonderful dinner celebrating our 20th anniversary. The staff helped make it very special which added to the terrific food (best lamb I've had in ages) and ambiance . Small and fairly intimate but not stuffy at al (it's in a resort after all). Only miss was the dessert menu. They are re-doing it so did t have anything and the bread pudding was fairly dry.Special Features:
- Magnificent Maravilla!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/9/2013Mommy/Daughters weekend at the Inn. Some of drinking age, some not. Our waitperson was overly accommodating. When we couldn't decide on which cocktail we wanted for their "inventive, fun"list, she surprised us and brought both! She did the same with appetizers! Her goal was to make this a great experience for us! Everyone goes above and beyond treating you like royalty. Whatever your needs, they take care of it! Whats not to love about being spoiled?! This is the place to get it!Special Features:
- Ojai Valley Inn - Great Placerag2105VIPDined on 3/2/2013The food here was very good.... it's been a while so I don't remember exact details about this fish that I had, but it was locally caught. All of their other ingredients were locally sourced as well. It was an extremely pleasant meal.... a great way to spend our evening at the Ojai Valley Inn. I do remember a pretty long wait between finishing dessert and getting the check and they were out of some things, which was a little annoying. But, overall, a great place to eat.Special Features:
- An excellent choice for almostmikeDined on 2/14/2013An excellent choice for almost any occasion, and supurb for any special occasion. My wife thoroughly enjoyed our evening and would suggest Maravilla to anyone who enjoys fine dining.Special Features:
- DIAMOND IN THE ROUGHOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012My fiance and I ventured here after a photo session/proposal that we had had earlier in the day. I had never been here before and I am glad I finally found this diamond in the rough. From the time we were greeted all the way to when we left, it was a one of a kind AMAZING experience. Maravilla truly helped make a great day AWESOME. We will always remember dining there and be sure to go back.Special Features:
- Possibly the best meal of my life!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2012The only way I can describe this meal is flawless. The service was unlike any I had ever experienced before. They deserve their four-diamond designation! The food was impeccable, delicious and beautifully presented!Special Features:
- A lovely eveningGrateful04Dined on 10/13/2012I had a Pink Moment cocktail that was yummy and the Berry Martini was also tasty. The Heirloom Tomato salad was delicious, we ordered it twice during our stay at the resort. The trout was flavorful and satisfying but not really remarkable. Overall we had a nice evening but I would say that foodies might be disappointed. While the man who seated us was quiet and dry our server was friendly, helpful and attentive. We would return if we stayed at the resort but probably would explore other restaurants in the area as well.Special Features:
- My cousins from the East coastrockDined on 10/10/2012My cousins from the East coast were visiting us and we wanted to take them to somewhere special. Maravilla at Ojai Valley Inn was just the place! We had a drink outside under the stars, sitting around a lovely firepit. The service was exceptional and the food was excellent. I ordered a filet and it was overcooked, but the waiter saw it immediately and wisked my plate away. While I was waiting for another plate, he appeared with a cup of soup "on the house" and by the time I had finished my soup, my meal arrived. The filet was perfectly prepared. The atmosphere was lovely and I would strongly recommend it for special occasions or a romantic night out.Special Features:
- GREAT ROMANTIC TIME!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2012Enjoyed it a lot. VERY special occasion. LOVED the trout and dessert! Nice to go on a week night when it is more private and quiet! GREAT service! GREAT night!Special Features:
- loved our night out at Maravilla.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/15/2012loved our night out at Maravilla. the hostess was a little off putting, but once we were seated the staff was amazing. Katyie, Anthony and Joel were so sweet, very personable, professional, and fun. Anthony started us off with a wonderful champagne toast for our anniversary celebration, the cocktails were excellent and the food was prepared perfectly - we loved the balanced and clean flavors. truly enjoyed our evening and we will definitely be back! great experience. thank you!!!Special Features:
- The food was delicious. WeheatherTDined on 9/8/2012The food was delicious. We enjoyed the ambiance. Service was excellent until we asked for our check and it took almost 30 minutes to get the check and another 20 minutes after we gave the credit card. Not sure what happened there. Overall it was a very enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- We ordered a steak and shrimpOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/1/2012We ordered a steak and shrimp dish. Both came out the first time luke warm. We sent them back, and we're offered a complimentary appetizer and two glasses of wine that were not ordered were brought to the table. On the second try, the steak came out hot yet overdone and the shrimp were still luke warm. The shrimp dish was taken off the bill, the additional glasses of wine were not. The restaurant was barely half full. A very poor dining experience for a lovely resort.Special Features:
- You won't be disappointed,jackDined on 8/17/2012You won't be disappointed, try to eat around sunset and ask for the patio if the weather is nice. The food was great, service was to.Special Features:
- Great restaurant for a specialdab5519Dined on 8/16/2012Great restaurant for a special occasion. The atmosphere is nice and the wait staff is accomodating and friendly.Special Features:
- wish we would have sit outsideOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/4/2012wish we would have sit outside but at a resort this big, that was a big ask. Food was good. Wait staff is excellent but then again, so is everyone at the entire hotel. Not cheap but when you are staying at a resort that runs $600 a night, don't expect to dine on a dime. We would go back but only if we were staying at the resort.Special Features:
- The menu tries to be creative,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/4/2012The menu tries to be creative, but lacks any signature items, and would be better off perfectly executing basics. The food we ordered was good, it was not perfectly cooked or executed. While the service is helpful but does not have enough employees to make the experience anything more than an expensive casual restaurant. Surprisingly, for being a high end restaurant close to a wine country, the wine list is neither creative nor extensive, however it is expensive. After reviewing the wine list I was surprised not to find any hidden gems or exciting bottles from the Santa Barbara County,Special Features:
- How can I describe how wonderfulboodle1977Dined on 8/3/2012How can I describe how wonderful our experience was? The service is impeccable and sincere. The food was absolutely flawless and full of so much flavor, it left this foodie without words. It was romantic and the view out into the mountains was breathtaking. I can't imagine a better time.Special Features:
- If you like great food withOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2012If you like great food with a great view, you'll love Maravilla.Special Features:
- Misses the mark.PSWeekenderVIPDined on 7/21/2012First courses were lovely. Never miss the heirloom tomatoes grown on property. The main courses were not up to the same standard. The black cod while perfectly cooked, needed some seasoning. The NY steak was over cooked and lacked any seasoning. Desserts are exquisite, not so much the coffee (decaf was burned and appeared to have spent too much time in pot). The service was spot on.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the sunset!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/15/2012Expensive? Yes! Service? Outstanding! We loved the waiter although I cannot recall his name. He went so far as to escort the interested patrons outside to see the pink sky at sunset. Ask for the young waiter who grew up in Santa Cruz who loves to surf! My husband ordered the steak which could easily have feed my family for days! Perfectly cooked. My prawns although it looked like a meal presented on top chef, fell short for me. I guess I am not a fan of chorizo that was paired with the prawns. I will definitely return and share the steak next time!Special Features:
- Another high priced restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2012Another high priced restaurant that served a steak dinner on a cold plate with the steak cold. Sent it back and waited over 30 minutes for a new one. Finally gave up and refused to wait any longer. The waitress burst into tears and it was a very embarrassing situation for all involved. Would never eat here again and not recommend this restaurant to anyone. This restaurant didn't pay attention to the details of serving their food appropriately yet they still charge a hefty price for their food.
- Just okay....not greatTinabelVIPDined on 7/6/2012This is the "nice" restaurant at Ojai Resort and Spa. For the price and the setting, the food was just okay. Nothing special about the menu or the preparation. Service was really good, but not outstanding. We were all rather disappointed overall.
- I highly recommend diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/30/2012I highly recommend dining on the outdoor patio, which faces the beautiful mountains of Ojai. The food is good, but not particularly special or inventive. You can find very similar food on any upscale menu. However, the views are breathtaking, the service is top-notch, and the ambiance is romantic and luxurious, making it a great place to celebrate a special occasion with a loved one.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/30/2012From the valet to the staff at Miravilla...the service was just outstanding...Emily and Emilio took great care of us during dinner service. Our compliments to the chef!Special Features:
- Cannot beat the outdoor patioOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/23/2012Cannot beat the outdoor patio setting, great food and service. A winner! Very attentive to gluten free diet needs; even have gluten free bread.Special Features:
- Most ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/22/2012Everything about it was excellent. You couldn't ask for a more friendly and helpful staff.Special Features:
- Among the bestCACoastladyDined on 6/8/2012A totally enjoyable time after a long afternoon. Would highly recommend this restaurant and staff.Special Features:
- The service was outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/27/2012The service was outstanding. The food was great and interesting. We had a great table with a magnificent view. This is a great special occasion place. A bit of a walk to get to it from the front entrance of the hotel. Not a lot of signage to direct you to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Our waitress, Jayme was fantastic!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/27/2012Our waitress, Jayme was fantastic!! We were so pleased with the food, service, and romantic setting.Special Features: