132 Branch Road
Vienna, VA 22180Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maplewoodgrill.com/
- Phone: 7032810070
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Paul Kuchler
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer private catering as well as food to go. Please contact Chef Paul for any of your catering needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Maplewood Grill is available for parties from 15-100people. Set menu required. Call for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Paul Kuchler 7032810070
- Entertainment: Maplewood Grill offers live piano entertainment Monday-Saturday.
A word from Maplewood Grill
Maplewood Grill is an American restaurant in the heart of Vienna, 5mins from Tysons and Wolf Trap. Maplewood Grill sources local, organic and sustainable ingredients whenever possible. We feature piano bar six nights a week and offer six very unique draft beers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Maplewood Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (62)fit for foodies (28)great for lunch (28)special occasion (22)vibrant bar scene (19)romantic (14)good for groups (13)great for brunch (12)notable wine list (8)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2014This restaurant has been around for years as LeCanard. They changed their name and updated their look. I enjoy going there for business lunches as it's quiet enough to actually hear other people speak. It can get noisy around the holidays. There is nothing on their menu that I've tried that does not taste wonderful. Have held a couple intimate gatherings there and the food was very appetizing. I'm not much of a wine drinker but they seem to have quite a good selection.Special Features:
- Wine too warmOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/25/2014The food was good, but the wine is always too warm. We ordered Pinot Noir; it was so warm that we had to get an ice bucket to chill it down.Special Features:
- Good food, nice pianoOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/24/2014We enjoyed our Friday night dinner at Maplewood Grill. The menu clearly had a German influence but not a German restaurant by any means. Service was very good. The piano playing was nice. However, next time I hope it is a little more consistent and less karaoke. During the time we were there (reservation was at 9:00 pm) the songs were few and far between. But the thing that was not so nice was the people being invited to sing; people who had NO business trying to sing. We don't want to begrudge people their fun, but we hope next time there is a little more classy piano music to go with our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but hovering servicechollieDined on 10/24/2014My wife and I went late Friday night. She grew up in Vienna and wanted to try it. I read about it in Washingtonian Mag and was looking forward to it. I had a burger and my wife had a steak sandwich. Food was very good - cooked to exact specifications. I loved that I was given so many side option (two) with many choices beyond "fries". We were seated next to the kitchen...bad choice on our part to stay there. The wait/bus staff stood near our table and we were over attended to. I would like to go again to the weekend brunch. Not sure my wife will be up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful and deliciousluv2trynewDined on 10/24/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience at Maplewood Grill. The food was different and delicious, and well-presented. The service was wonderful and friendly, enhancing our meal. Everything was geared for the diners enjoyment. Will definitely return again.Special Features:
- Could be betterJTMDVIPDined on 10/19/2014Porkchop was underdone. Server was very nice. Had heard better things about this place. Maybe just an off night.
- RiversongVIPDined on 10/18/2014I really wanted to like this spot more, but the food was inconsistent, and on a Sat. night, the bar wasn't able to get our drinks out till half way through the appetizer. And it's not a big place. Our waiter really tried hard, he was so nice! At least there was that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Low key diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014We enjoyed our recent dinner here. I ordered the pork chop and my husband had the wiener schnitzel. Both dinners came with deliciously grilled asparagus and a second side: mashed potatoes for him and mac & cheese for mine. Nice to have a dinner where everything doesn't have to be ordered a la carte. The atmosphere was relaxed and service was attentive but not overbearing. We'll definitely try it again.Special Features:
- Oktoberfest!KatherineInVADined on 10/15/2014This is the second year we've enjoyed Maplewood Grill's delicious Oktoberfest buffet. The selection was terrific and every dish was good. My favorites were the beef goulash, the bratwurst, and the pretzel rolls. The whole experience was quite enjoyable and we will be back (not just for Oktoberfest). The only complaint I have is that there was a robust list of German beers available but a pretty limited selection of German wines. Since there is a wine shop right next door to the restaurant, there was no excuse not to beef up the selection for this special occasion. The usual piano music was augmented with an accordion player who was quite good, but too loud when wandering the dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, terrible experiencemikaammaDined on 10/11/2014We've eaten at Maplewood Grill 6 times. At all times, the food has been quite good. This time, the food was mostly good but the dining experience was awful. There were four of us and the bill was almost $200. Nonetheless, we were charged extra for substituting a vegetable (being served with other meals) for mashed potatos. And the vegetables were two (2) asparagus spears, overlooked and bland. The "extra cost" refrained was repeated for salad dressing and other items. It became a running joke - everything was extra. Beer sampler was served in warm glasses and the beer was warm in just a couple of minutes. I think the server was embarrassed to keep telling us the same refrain. All in all, very disappointing and we won't be back.
- Fantastic ExperirenceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014The service and the food were excellent. All five of us ordered different things and we all enjoyed every bite!Special Features:
- excellence!jlbnDined on 9/19/2014excellence in service, ambiance, and mostly excellence in food!....plan to return again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- German influenced excellenceeasterner1Dined on 9/17/2014Four food-critical diners had dinner and enjoyed everything here. The salmon and the veal were especially good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DefisinadoLovegnocchiDined on 9/13/2014I expected a little higher quality experience for the prices. Dining room seating a little noisy, wait staff friendly but inexperienced, forgot our drink order and was overconfident in ability to explain dishes, the food was good not great. They have an Oustanding sing along Piano Bar. Overall its a unique neighborhood restaurant with good food and a great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and EntertainmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Maplewood Grill has great food, creative presentations, and great entertainment. Nice place to bring friends and have an enjoyable eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Sunday eveningArlingtonDinerVIPDined on 9/7/2014This was my first time at Maplewood Grill, and I chose it due to the good reviews. Overall, I'd say our experience was good, with a couple of exceptions. I ordered the short ribs, which came with a delicious risotto, but the meat itself was not the melt-in-your-mouth consistency that I associate with short ribs. My companions enjoyed their filet mignon, which looked like it was cooked to specification. I liked the wine list, both for its selection and prices. The only real hitch came with our after-dinner cappuccino, which arrived not just lukewarm, but really cold. I don't know if they forgot to heat the milk, or what. We asked them to warm it up in the microwave (even though they offered to replace it with fresh cups), and it was fine.Special Features:
- Great food!CompdocVIPDined on 9/7/2014Many exotic foods that I do enjoying as well as you will be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pre-Wolf Trap RecommendationmarmadukeDined on 9/5/2014It was our first time to Maplewood Grill and we would definitely return. The featured local market salad was excellent, as were the desserts. The main courses were good; the sweet potato fries as a side were especially good. The accompanying glasses of wine enhanced the meals; next time we'll try a beer from their extensive list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ExperienceLongTimeFansVIPDined on 9/4/2014Poor food and service. Would not return to this restaurant or recommend it to anyone.
- Perfect find in the DC areaJudyDined on 9/3/2014I took a chance based on prior reviews, and was thrilled! The varied menu choices were very interesting. Chipotle braised short ribs w/risotto and the heirloom tomato salad w/pistachio crusted goat cheese were incredible. The gentleman playing piano throughout dinner interacted with the guests - not in an intrusive manner at all. His talent was a welcome addition to our evening. Our waiter never once included himself in our dinner by asking whether "we" were enjoying everything. That's a pet peeve of mine. In general, this was the perfect spot for a "reunion" dinner with my cousin. Our two hours spent there represented the best part of my day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014Very good food, with a diverse menu. Never let's us downSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite as expectedKandGDined on 8/30/2014After reading all the excellent reviews, we were looking forward to something pretty special for a local neighborhood gem. Everything was okay, but nothing outstanding. My boyfriend had the schnitzel and said it was OK, but he wished he could have chosen his own sides. I wound up switching my sides for his. I went for the lobster roll which was good, but eating mashed potatoes as a side was not my first choice. I was expecting more from our evening out than was experienced. However, the notable part of the evening was discovering Norm's Beer and Wine store next door as we left. Now there's a find for some unusual beverages to take home and enjoy!
- Great Lobster FestRichDined on 8/30/2014Have been here many times before and went for the Labor Day weekend lobster festival. The food was a great as ever. Most of us ordered from the special menu, but the regular menu was also available. The waiter was on top of things, the drinks were perfect, dishes arrived promptly and were well prepared, and the entire evening was enjoyable. The lobster rolls were the largest I've ever seen, including in Maine. The Southwestern Lobster "Chowda" was amazing. I hope they consider making it available on a regular basis. The only thing I missed is that they did not have butter knives -- it's one of the few restaurants in the area where I've seen them and they added a nice touch of class. This time they weren't on the table.Special Features:
- Great FindNancyVIPDined on 8/27/2014We had a delicious meal, the service was exceptional, and the noise level nonexistent. I would recommend this place highly. They have a piano bar also, which is often hard to find, and they hold various specials. If you like beer, they have quite a lot of offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strip Mall Gem4bestfriendsDined on 8/25/2014Dined with 3 friends. We all ordered the daily special because it sounded different and tasty. We all ate every bite. It was delicious.Special Features:
- Oasis in a Strip MalljmlearyDined on 8/25/2014Maplewood Grill is a welcome retreat in the heart of downtown Vienna. Tucked away in the corner of a strip mall the restaurant is cozy and the staff is warm and friendly. The food is terrific and the wine list is reasonably priced. Try the specials - the fresh trout was outstanding. It's great place to get away for a quiet lunch or a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- We keep going back!RozzieDined on 8/24/2014Maplewood Grill is a true neighborhood gem-great service & super food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but few disappointmentsDrtchrisDined on 8/22/2014Stopped in for dinner before wolf trap, conveniently close. My hubby had trout special and enjoyed every bite. I am an oyster lover and went with the fried oyster po'boy. The oysters were superb crisp not greasy and way fresh. The remoulade sauce was spicy and perfect. That said the onions were too juicy and made a soggy mess of the roll which was not up to New Orleans standards as it was. Disappointment number 1. The accompanied fries were not crispy but undercooked and limp and the potato salad was the worst, tasted old as if leftover a day or two and past prime. Disappointments 2 & 3. The bottle of Malbec was good if overpriced by a few dollars. Service was top notch. Would go back and give another shot...maybe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LJONDined on 8/13/2014We enjoyed this restaurant so much that we went back for our 32nd anniversary dinner! The food and service were wonderful.Special Features:
- Uneven food and servicegregDined on 8/11/2014There are few acceptable restaurants in Vienna, the Maplewood Grill is one of them. The bar is a good meeting place and the entertainment before, during and after a meal is reminiscent of past days as portrayed in old movies. On the other hand, the food and service are spotty and uneven. We've had dinner and brunch and the service is usually slow at best, and uneven. By uneven, I mean they either hover or you don't see the server once dinner is served. The food mimics the service: some quite good and other entrees not so good. Even the same entree ordered over time will appear different when served. Salads are especially worrisome: wilted greens, etc. All in all, while not consistent, it is okay.Special Features:
- Great experience!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014This was a great find!! We will definitely go back. And, you must have the shrimp and crab poppers!!!Special Features:
- Consistently goodDougWDined on 8/8/2014Another visit for us and again a very pleasant experience. We are surprised every time we drive into the plaza that this gem is tucked in the corner. Solid service combined with excellent meals and reasonable pricing. Of note, the burrata mozzarella salad was fantastic. Short ribs and salmon both very nice. One of these trips we will plan to stay for the live music. This ones stays on our regular list when we are in town.Special Features:
- Better and betterthebestVIPDined on 8/6/2014Each time we come to Maplewood it gets better and better and Ivan is our favorite waiter!Special Features:
- Amazing!londongirlDined on 8/5/2014I chose the Maplewood Grill on a total whim based off of Google and Yelp reviews. Everyone else seemed to like it so I figured I'd see what all the hype was about! The location is a little strange, but as soon as I walked inside I was impressed. The staff was wonderful - very friendly and welcoming. Now, I'm very into steak and I'm incredibly particular about how I like it cooked. The chef at Maplewood was totally spot on. And the crab cakes are absolutely devine. It's a little on the pricier side but COMPLETELY WORTH IT! Great for a date night or with a small group of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining in a casual atmosphereMarkVIPDined on 8/2/2014Truly enjoyed the quality of food. A relaxed casual atmosphere with very good food. Options for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Broad menu and well prepared food.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/26/2014It was our first time at Maplewood Grill. It had a good broad menu -- alot of good choices. Food was well prepared. A med-rare steak was delivered medium to well done but a new one was prepared correctly at our request. Our meal was finished before the piano player arrived so I'm not sure how much that would affect noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jaredDined on 7/24/2014The restaurant is pretty hidden in the back corner of a strip mall, but what a good find! The food and service were great. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Good foodJoanneVIPDined on 7/19/2014This was our first time going on a Saturday night; and while it may have just been this particular night, it was quite noisy. There were babies/toddlers yelling/crying and the woman sitting next to us was particularly loud in her conversation. It was a little disconcerting. That being said, however, in all other respects we enjoy going to the Maplewood Grill. The food is consistently good, and the waiter was knowledgeable and attentive. The gentleman who sits at the front (the owner?) is always pleasant and very nice. We will definitely keep coming back but perhaps switch back to Sunday evenings.Special Features:
- Outstanding ExperienceGV1995Dined on 7/12/2014The Maplewood Grill has become our primary dining spot whenever we go to see a show at Wolf Trap! The food as always was excellent and the service was outstanding, as we have come to expect.Special Features:
- One of our favorite restaurantsKellyVIPDined on 7/11/2014Great food and wonderful live music at the bar. Always a great dining experience.Special Features: