132 Branch Road
Vienna, VA 22180Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maplewoodgrill.com/
- Phone: 7032810070
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Paul Kuchler
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer private catering as well as food to go. Please contact Chef Paul for any of your catering needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Maplewood Grill is available for parties from 15-100people. Set menu required. Call for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Paul Kuchler 7032810070
- Entertainment: Maplewood Grill offers live piano entertainment Monday-Saturday.
A word from Maplewood Grill
Maplewood Grill is an American restaurant in the heart of Vienna, 5mins from Tysons and Wolf Trap. Maplewood Grill sources local, organic and sustainable ingredients whenever possible. We feature piano bar six nights a week and offer six very unique draft beers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Maplewood Grill - Best Restaurants in Vienna ›
Maplewood Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (63)great for lunch (37)fit for foodies (28)special occasion (25)great for brunch (25)vibrant bar scene (18)romantic (16)good for groups (15)kid-friendly (6)notable wine list (5)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great FindNancyVIPDined on 8/27/2014We had a delicious meal, the service was exceptional, and the noise level nonexistent. I would recommend this place highly. They have a piano bar also, which is often hard to find, and they hold various specials. If you like beer, they have quite a lot of offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strip Mall GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2014Dined with 3 friends. We all ordered the daily special because it sounded different and tasty. We all ate every bite. It was delicious.Special Features:
- Oasis in a Strip MalljmlearyDined on 8/25/2014Maplewood Grill is a welcome retreat in the heart of downtown Vienna. Tucked away in the corner of a strip mall the restaurant is cozy and the staff is warm and friendly. The food is terrific and the wine list is reasonably priced. Try the specials - the fresh trout was outstanding. It's great place to get away for a quiet lunch or a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- We keep going back!RozzieDined on 8/24/2014Maplewood Grill is a true neighborhood gem-great service & super food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but few disappointmentsDrtchrisDined on 8/22/2014Stopped in for dinner before wolf trap, conveniently close. My hubby had trout special and enjoyed every bite. I am an oyster lover and went with the fried oyster po'boy. The oysters were superb crisp not greasy and way fresh. The remoulade sauce was spicy and perfect. That said the onions were too juicy and made a soggy mess of the roll which was not up to New Orleans standards as it was. Disappointment number 1. The accompanied fries were not crispy but undercooked and limp and the potato salad was the worst, tasted old as if leftover a day or two and past prime. Disappointments 2 & 3. The bottle of Malbec was good if overpriced by a few dollars. Service was top notch. Would go back and give another shot...maybe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LJONDined on 8/13/2014We enjoyed this restaurant so much that we went back for our 32nd anniversary dinner! The food and service were wonderful.Special Features:
- Uneven food and servicegregDined on 8/11/2014There are few acceptable restaurants in Vienna, the Maplewood Grill is one of them. The bar is a good meeting place and the entertainment before, during and after a meal is reminiscent of past days as portrayed in old movies. On the other hand, the food and service are spotty and uneven. We've had dinner and brunch and the service is usually slow at best, and uneven. By uneven, I mean they either hover or you don't see the server once dinner is served. The food mimics the service: some quite good and other entrees not so good. Even the same entree ordered over time will appear different when served. Salads are especially worrisome: wilted greens, etc. All in all, while not consistent, it is okay.Special Features:
- Great experience!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014This was a great find!! We will definitely go back. And, you must have the shrimp and crab poppers!!!Special Features:
- Consistently goodDougWDined on 8/8/2014Another visit for us and again a very pleasant experience. We are surprised every time we drive into the plaza that this gem is tucked in the corner. Solid service combined with excellent meals and reasonable pricing. Of note, the burrata mozzarella salad was fantastic. Short ribs and salmon both very nice. One of these trips we will plan to stay for the live music. This ones stays on our regular list when we are in town.Special Features:
- Better and betterthebestVIPDined on 8/6/2014Each time we come to Maplewood it gets better and better and Ivan is our favorite waiter!Special Features:
- Amazing!londongirlDined on 8/5/2014I chose the Maplewood Grill on a total whim based off of Google and Yelp reviews. Everyone else seemed to like it so I figured I'd see what all the hype was about! The location is a little strange, but as soon as I walked inside I was impressed. The staff was wonderful - very friendly and welcoming. Now, I'm very into steak and I'm incredibly particular about how I like it cooked. The chef at Maplewood was totally spot on. And the crab cakes are absolutely devine. It's a little on the pricier side but COMPLETELY WORTH IT! Great for a date night or with a small group of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining in a casual atmosphereMarkVIPDined on 8/2/2014Truly enjoyed the quality of food. A relaxed casual atmosphere with very good food. Options for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Broad menu and well prepared food.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/26/2014It was our first time at Maplewood Grill. It had a good broad menu -- alot of good choices. Food was well prepared. A med-rare steak was delivered medium to well done but a new one was prepared correctly at our request. Our meal was finished before the piano player arrived so I'm not sure how much that would affect noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jaredDined on 7/24/2014The restaurant is pretty hidden in the back corner of a strip mall, but what a good find! The food and service were great. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Good foodJoanneVIPDined on 7/19/2014This was our first time going on a Saturday night; and while it may have just been this particular night, it was quite noisy. There were babies/toddlers yelling/crying and the woman sitting next to us was particularly loud in her conversation. It was a little disconcerting. That being said, however, in all other respects we enjoy going to the Maplewood Grill. The food is consistently good, and the waiter was knowledgeable and attentive. The gentleman who sits at the front (the owner?) is always pleasant and very nice. We will definitely keep coming back but perhaps switch back to Sunday evenings.Special Features:
- Outstanding ExperienceGV1995Dined on 7/12/2014The Maplewood Grill has become our primary dining spot whenever we go to see a show at Wolf Trap! The food as always was excellent and the service was outstanding, as we have come to expect.Special Features:
- One of our favorite restaurantsKellyDined on 7/11/2014Great food and wonderful live music at the bar. Always a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Nice place but POOR serviceGregDined on 7/11/2014It was a Friday evening at 6:45 PM, not too busy. We informed the server that we have a show to get to and need to leave the restaurant by 7:45 PM. We ordered our meals at 6:55. 3 of the 4 meals arrived at the table at 7:45 PM. UNACCEPTABLE!!! And, 3 of the 4 meals were salads with grilled meat; the fourth meal was fried oysters. I would give this place another chance, though.Special Features:
- A jewel in Vienna, VARMGIDined on 7/10/2014Our waiter was wonderful and informative. The appetizers of artichoke and crab on brushetta, shrimp and crab poppers, and 4 cheese flatbread were delicious. I love liver and onions and rarely order it, but our waiter recommened it and believe me it is the best and most tender I have ever had. Our Tanqueray and tonics were perfect. The ambience is very comfortable, almost clubbish. Don't be deceived by the mall entrance. Inside is a real jewel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChrisBuckyDined on 7/10/2014This is my new go-to spot for lunch. The menu has many appetizing surprises. The menu holds some good stand byes and always some excellent specials. I like that it's not freezing in the Summer .... not too cold and not too hot. I've never been at a table where an air-conditioning vent is blowing down on me. The waiters are knowledgeable and friendly. It's a great spot for dinners, too. I like that I can make reservations on-line. Maplewood Grill is a gem.Special Features:
- email@example.comMichaelDined on 6/28/2014Always consistent and fabulous... A great gem in Vienna!Special Features:
- Good service, quick stopEt183394Dined on 6/27/2014We were looking for dinner close to Jammin Java before a show. Just pulled up the closest thing on Open Table and it was very good. Excellent service. The lobster ravioli was average, the Maplewood Seafood trio of crab cake, shrimp and fish was much better. Overall very good and a reasonable price for the quality of the meal.Special Features:
- Disappointing eveningWine4meDined on 6/24/2014Bread was great! Had the poppers for appetizer and loved them. We tried their signature dishes recommended by server. Oyster salad had too much dressing and oysters had so much breading that it overwhelmed them, were suppose to be "flash fried". Had the scallopes entree which came with 5 large scallops on top of a bed potatoes, corn, and bacon grease. Ate the scallops, couldn't eat the heavy potatoes. Server apologized, he could tell we weren't happy with the meal. Reviews and menu looked great, which is why we tried this restaurant. We had also put on our open table reservation that it was a birthday celebration, nothing ever mentioned to us about a celebration.Special Features:
- Always deliciousdcdinersVIPDined on 6/21/2014We always have a delicious meal here and the music in the evening is a lot of fun. We often come for dinner and find ourselves lingering to enjoy the music afterwardsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe Just a Bad Day?HealthyEaterVIPDined on 6/15/2014The food is consistently good, as it was on my most recent visit. But, to say things were "off" on Father's Day is an understatement (even tho the place was empty). The server was easant, but the restaurant had run out of 1. The fish special; 2. raisin bread; and 3. the bread pudding special. Only 2/3 of those of us who ordered iced teas got them. I have a major pet peeve about being double-served (entrees brought out before apps are done) and that happened on Sunday. The coup de grace, however, was that the SECOND the clock struck 9:00, the waitress came over and told us if we wanted dessert, we needed to order it then, b/c the kitchen was closing. Our reservations were for 8:30, so at 9, we'd just started our entrees - beyond tacky!
- GuidosgirlsDined on 6/15/2014Went for Father's Day brunch and it was great. Menu was perfect for each one of us and the food, esp the crab/shrimp popper, were excellent. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- A Cozy SpotEKSdinesDined on 6/15/2014We love The Maplewood Grill. The food and service are consistently great, and the fact that it is right in our town makes it a favorite.Special Features:
- Excellent Father's Day BrunchBobFVVIPDined on 6/15/2014One of our favorite local restaurants, Maplewood sits humbly in the corner of a strip mall. We reserved a table for four on Father's Day and they had wonderful large brunch plates - chicken and waffles was huge, a combo plate and fantastic Crab Benedict. Dessert recommendation of "trio of creme brulee" made by the waiter was a great choice for sharing. My wife and the other woman in our party ordered mimosas and they both complained that their drinks were served at room temperature. I enjoyed the always great selection of hard-to-find craft beers on tap. Will return as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceAnluruVIPDined on 6/14/2014We have been to this restaurant a couple of times for lunch and brunch but never dinner. After Saturday night we would definitely go back! The food was quite good - service was excellent. We sat in a corner away from the piano so while we could listen it was not overwhelming and not scream in order to be heard. I would highly recommend the watermelon salad - delicious!Special Features:
- Pleasant Dining ExperienceDiningOut2Dined on 6/14/2014Celebrated Father's Day with husband and two adult children. We enjoyed the meal. Excellent Mojitos!Special Features:
- 3ds4eDined on 6/14/2014We were celebrating our 56th anniversary.....Food was delicious.....our waitress was very attentive, and filled us in on the specials for the evening. We enjoyed very much, and will return. SarahSpecial Features:
- Good FindfoodfindsDined on 6/14/2014We found the food above average and the service very attentive and responsive. We plan to go back again soon.Special Features:
- Monday Night Wine Deal!LovetoeatVIPDined on 6/9/2014Loved the fact that we were there on Monday for 1/2 price on wine bottles! Great food and service.Special Features:
- Maplewood GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/8/2014Great service, timing and food was wonderful (crab cakes). Took off one star for the single restroom and that the rest room was right next to food delivery. But overall, great experience and would definitely return and recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodApocryhpalAphorismVIPDined on 6/6/2014Food was great, as was the list of esoteric beers on draft; although I ordered the beer sampler, and the waiter neglected to identify each of the beers when he brought the sampler to the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodBuckyDined on 6/6/2014Menu contains tasty offerings, well seasoned with fresh ingredients. From appetizers to salads to entrees ... all creative dishes with ingredients that I had not seen served together anywhere else. I've visited many times during all seasons and the food is consistently outstanding and at reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Always wonderfullizpeteDined on 6/4/2014Maplewood Grill has become my favorite restaurant -they have never disappointed me and anyone who was with me. I am particularly fond of Ivan, the waiter. I especially like the way they will customize the menu options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLuvva2014Dined on 5/31/2014h went to Maplewood grill to see if we wanted to book the room for our daughters graduation arty from Masson on Dec. 18. We not be booking. W one member in party that has a serious lactose issue along with very serious allergies. When a request for a small change so the meal would be safe the chef refused and our poor waiter had to come out and say no. On the pomegranate tea they charge for refills. Two plates had to be sent back because food was not fully cooked. We were so very sad at our experience we thought we found a place for our parties. When we left three people were at the hostess ares in a heavy conversation and did not thank us for coming r a god bye.Special Features:
- Perfect 4 old friends get-togetherSandyDined on 5/29/2014Table was ready for us. Ivan, our server treated us like royalty. Everyone loved their food --chosen from an array of options. Vienna is lucky to have this wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Night DinnerCrunchDined on 5/23/2014The Korean BBQ Short Rib Tacos were unique and delicious and my father said his Filet Mignon was the best he's ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.