200 5th Avenue
New York, NY 10010Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eataly.com/nyc-manzo/
- Phone: (212) 229-2180
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm Dinner Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Mario Batali
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Wine
A word from Manzo
Manzo is Eataly’s more formal dining experience that celebrates meat from the United States. Manzo offers both modern Italian preparations as well as traditional Piedmontese beef dishes. Chef Michael Toscano, formerly of Babbo Ristorante works like a true Italian butcher to use every part of the animal, tongue and cheek. Like all of Mario, Joe and Lidia’s fine dining restaurants, Manzo also provides a complete dining experience, that’s not all about meat. Antipasti and main courses give a variety of delicious choices and desserts will satisfy every taste bud.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Manzo reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for lunch (5)notable wine list (5)neighborhood gem (4)fit for foodies (3)good for groups (3)romantic (3)special occasion (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Amazing PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2014The restaurant is amazing, excelent food, good service and the Eataly Market is a beutiful place! Super recomendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent and authentic Italian cuisinealexlbVIPDined on 11/18/2014The Vitello Tonnato is absolutely delicious. The sweetbreads and lobster appetizer is one of the tastiest dishes I've had in a while. Everything is so good and simple. The service is excellent without being overbearing. If you are looking for fine Italian dining in NYC at a great price, you won't find anywhere better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 225 reviews are from the Manzo reviews archive.
- Expected More!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/28/2012Expected more from Mario. We had the pre fixe lunch with the wine pairings and the white wine left allot to be desired. Steak was tough.Special Features:
- Food was good but the portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2012Food was good but the portions was weak. For the main course I ordered scallops and the portion was 3 scallops with no sides. No Vegatables or rice/potatoes. Price was $34 for the scallops. I ended you leaving Manzo's hungry and had to stop and get something else to eat on the way home. Stay away.
- The food was very good, andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2012The food was very good, and the price of the prix fix was reasonable.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012My husband and I were celebrating my birthday and found the restaurant to be a real treat. The service was excellent and the food was delicious and presented beautifully.Special Features:
- We were eagerly looking forwardfoodiefanatic107VIPDined on 9/8/2012We were eagerly looking forward to finally going to Eaterly. The experience was fantastic, the service outstanding but the salt, the salt, the salt on every dish was overwhelming. The salt ruined our meal. The steak was inedible, as though it was almost coated in salt. We might try the restaurant again but we'll warn them about the salt when we place our order. I can't imagine that the owners Bastianich and Batali are aware of this. We admire their other restaurants.
- Food is very good. ServersRegularVIPDined on 8/27/2012Food is very good. Servers seem to think they are very important and tend to treat customers shabbily.Special Features:
- Some of the best Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/24/2012Some of the best Italian food I've had in NYC. And I've lived here over 20 years.Special Features:
- The food was great, the placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2012The food was great, the place was great. Highly recommend for dinner.Special Features:
- Manzo, I wanted so much to love youLOBSTERLOVER1Dined on 8/21/2012While Manzo (beef in Italian) had lots of offerings in the meat area, our group went with appetizers and pastas. As Italian-Americans, we were somewhat disappointed in the carpacchio, which was sliced so thin you could not really get a full flavor. The salad my friend had was fine and the baby articokes were a banal small serving of petite hearts with some basil "reduction". The spaghetti with lobster I ordered was satisfying since there was a generous amount of lobster. My sister had the tortelli which she found so-so and our out of town friend had the angliotti which she seemed to be happy with. Desserts all around were good. All in all, if I were to go again, I would order a meat dish since that is their name.Special Features:
- Solid food and service. MaybeAndQVIPDined on 8/16/2012Solid food and service. Maybe I was expecting more or to be blown away.Special Features:
- Easting at Manzo is alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2012Easting at Manzo is always enjoyable. The service was excellent, there was no rush and the food and wine were great.Special Features:
- Fun dining spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2012This energetic spot is fun and lively and the food is great to boot! Service was attentive - food came out piping hot. My husband's lamb was done "to perfection". Definitely not a place to go if you're looking for a quiet dinner for two. Lots of fun to walk around afterwards and look at all things for sale. And save room for gelato or sorbet from the Gelateria outside of Manzo!Special Features:
- Good, but portions too small!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/30/2012Good overall, but could have been better. The portions are quite small, especially on the prix fixe items, which makes no sense, given the very high price point. Also, stingy portions are completely inconsistent with the overall atmosphere of abundance that is projected from every shelf at Eataly.Special Features:
- Perfect atmosphere with anOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2012Perfect atmosphere with an excellent and very creative menu for a special meal where people-talk is a crucial component.Special Features:
- very good restaurant, a bitdab53VIPDined on 7/17/2012very good restaurant, a bit expensive for what you get especially the desserts. this is NYC however. and a big tourist spot.Special Features:
- My parents wanted to comeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/15/2012My parents wanted to come here for my mother's 80th birthday. She had the Sea Bass. She is usually critical of her food, but this time she found the meal excellent. My father had the special which was the the trout. He liked the meal a lot. My wife had the scallops with fresh corn. She found this combination different and very enjoyable. I had the mozzarella cheese appetizer and I have to say it was the creamiest mozzarella cheese I have ever had (and being italian, I have had a lot). I also had the tortellini with mushrooms which was excellent. The service was terrific. We went for Sunday lunch at noon and had the place to ourselves. I thought the price was a bit high for the food that we got, but it did not detrack from the experience.Special Features:
- Dine & shop top notch ItalianSWParkerVIPDined on 7/9/2012One of my favorite places! After lunch or dinner be sure to shop all over for great things to bring home to make your next several meals.Special Features:
- $$$Food court dining - don't botherHungryinPhoenixVIPDined on 7/6/2012We were advised by servers in another local restaurant that we should pass still went because we had the reservation. Too bad we didn't listen $$$ and bad food.We arrived early and they were able to seat us, so of course they give us the one on the traffic aisle.I asked about another open table and was told it was "reserved for someone else." Not off to a good start.We had selected a wine but asked if there was something in a similar price that we shouldn't miss. We went with the selection-the high point of the meal.Each of us ordered 3 courses-ok carpaccio and vitello tonnato could stand more capers;2 spaghetti with lobster nice bright tomato and good pieces of lobster and tajarin near tasteless;3 steak lacked flavor rabbit overcooked-pass
- The food was great, althoughGooseygardnerDined on 7/6/2012The food was great, although they did forget our broccoli and we had to wait for it. Otherwise it was good!Special Features:
- great atmosphere - moody &MeliaDined on 6/27/2012great atmosphere - moody & romantic yet still laid-back. Great for dinner with a close friend or date.Special Features:
- just right.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/27/2012Service pretty prompt. Great for stylish business lunch.Special Features:
- Charming service; recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/21/2012Charming service; recommended wine was more reasonable than some and delicious; the mains, duck and pork chop were excellent. My third time there and will go again.Special Features:
- The food was wonderful butallisoinVIPDined on 6/19/2012The food was wonderful but the ambiance, if you can call it that, of the restaurant detracted from the food. We felt like we were in a temporary installation. The space is quite unpleasant and although the tables had linen on them, the restaurant space felt casual.Special Features:
- The agnolotti I ordered wereOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/16/2012The agnolotti I ordered were like eating small erasers. Really bad! The others were fairly happy with their meals but in general we felt the food had deteriorated. All of our sauces were identical brown gravy--no matter what pasta you ordered. Where were the tomatoes??
- Very disappointing. ThisOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/13/2012Very disappointing. This is not a real restaurant, it's more of a mall restaurant dressed up to look like a place for good Italian food. If you consider yourself a foodie you will regret coming here. I had a bowl of rubbery spaghetti with rubber lobster. Expensive and bland. I had to track down my waiter to try to get a little pepper. It wasn't worth the effort of finding him. I would never go back.
- We had a table of three -OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/11/2012We had a table of three - all enjoyed the spring sampler menu with wine pairings. The dishes were all excellent and well presented. The wine pairings were terrific and intoduced us to some new wine varieties from Italy. While all of this was great the price was a bit on the high side -we have enjoyed similar experiences at other restaurants with a more reasonable pricing.Special Features:
- The beef carpaccio is perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2012The beef carpaccio is perfect and I had an amazing steak. The sommelier picked two great bottles of wine (white and red) that we thoroughly enjoyed and were in a decent price range.Special Features:
- Let me first say that theOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/8/2012Let me first say that the food itself was delicious, satisfying and pristine as is usually my experience at Manzo. The service, however, was unusually poor and amateurish this time round. We simply ordered two courses: a pasta to share as a first course and two mains. After ordering, a manager and a server came bustling to our table with BOTH courses and apologetically informed us how SHE (presumably a manager) put the order incorrectly in to Manzo's system, which resulted in all of the food being ready at once. Seriously? Why would an establishment that sells itself as a "fine-dining" restaurant try to make an INTERNAL problem created on the part of the staff a problem for us (the customer) to fix?Special Features:
- Food was very good, as wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/8/2012Food was very good, as was the service. But the space is very cramped; the entire restaurant is crammed into a tiny and uncomfortable corner of Eataly, surrounded by cubicle walls.
- Never Again!NYCTravelerVIPDined on 6/6/2012For high priced food with poor service, Manzo is a must! We will not be back.
- Although the portions wereCyx6fourDined on 6/3/2012Although the portions were not overly generous, the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Italian Piedmont...not Virginia!AndyMorseVIPDined on 6/1/2012if one is not aware that Piedmontese is not only a regional characters tic but also a finite Italian cuisine..come to Manzo!Special Features:
- The waitress was pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 5/31/2012The waitress was pleasant and tried her best, however; it took an hour for the first course to arrive. It was a pasta special that was so salty and had so many red pepper flakes as to be inedible. The entree course, sliced steak, was ordered med-rare and arrived med-well, extremely salty, and the broccoli rabe side dish was also too salty and too spicy. The hostess offered to buy us dessert but we don't eat sweets. She made no other offer, however, she did not charge for my tea although she did charge for my husband's coffee. Go Figure!?! Additionally, it was extremely noisy, and the portions were quite small. NOT RECOMMENDED.
- My husband and I have dinnerjmnggnDined on 5/30/2012My husband and I have dinner at Manzo for the first time. It is part of Eataly, which is an amazing experience. Very lively, fun to walk around and see all the food, books, chocolates, etc. Dinner was fantastic. I had a beet salad and pork chop, and both were great. Good wine, good food, good atmosphere. Staff very friendly and attentive. Highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/28/2012Excellent food and service. Recommend sharing plates to try different items on a well varied menu. Try for lunch mid-week - Eataly is great to explore but can be a challenge on the weekends.Special Features:
- Having read other reviewsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2012Having read other reviews we were expecting the service to be poor but it was actually quite efficient. However, it was the Friday evening of memorial weekend so the restaurant didn't appear to be that busy. The menu was OK but there were very few things that really jumped out from the page at us. The winners of the night were the smoked mozzarella and the coffee panna cotta.
- Consider the Tasting MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/19/2012The 2012 Spring Tasting Menu was an exceptional experience.Special Features:
- The bar at Manzo is a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2012The bar at Manzo is a great place to eat alone - friendly, lively and, of course, wandering around Eataly is heaven for a foodie.(I was in NYC for business.) I have done the tasting menu twice - once with husband, once alone - and you can't go wrong in the capable hands of the chef. Timing was a little slow between courses later in the meal.Special Features: