Manzanita at The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe
13031 Ritz Carlton Highlands Court
Truckee, CA 96161Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
Manzanita at The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 5305623050
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room can seat up to 34 people. We require a minimum of $1500 during the week and $2500 on weekends to book this room. Please contact for reservations.
- Private Party Contact: Cher Roesch 5305623050
A word from Manzanita at The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe
Manzanita is a celebration Northern California Cuisine focusing on rustic cooking techniques, local produce and regional farms.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Manzanita at The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe - Best Restaurants in Truckee ›
Manzanita at The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (28)special occasion (25)notable wine list (21)fit for foodies (18)romantic (18)great for outdoor dining (15)good for groups (9)kid-friendly (5)neighborhood gem (5)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- dissappointedPatrickWilliamVIPDined on 9/14/2014I suppose our expectations were high. When you hear "Ritz-Carlton" you think great service. Couldn't be further from the truth. We waited 15 minutes before we even saw the waiter. 22 minutes before we recieved a beverage. It wasn't crowded. It was actually very slow. The waiter was not attentive after he showed up. The food was good. We ate at multiple places throughout our Tahoe vacation. High and Low. This was the biggest dissappointment.
- Splendor in the SierrasDelightindiningDined on 9/4/2014In contrast to most of the informal Tahoe scene, Manzanita offers a superb dining experience in an elegant restaurant, in a hotel with grand architecture and wonderful mountain views. To be sure, it is expensive but for that special vacation evening in the mountains, it is well worth considering. All of us, including some serious foodies, had a great evening there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday at ManzanitaLeChevalBlanc58Dined on 8/11/2014Great ambiance and atmosphere. Great staff. My wife and daughter both ordered a pasta-based menu item; was excellent. I ordered the special of the evening, which was a slow-cooked pork loin with a Dijon mustard sauce, haricots vert, and a corn grits. It sounded great when described by the waiter but in reality did not live up to the description; pork was not tender as one would expect of a slow-cooked meat. The desserts were also mixed; excellent chocolate trio of deserts but a cheese cake that tried too hard not to be a cheese cake. Manzanita is a terrific restaurant; just need to work a bit more on perfecting a few of the menu items.Special Features:
- Great Find!ScoopsDined on 8/8/2014We were so impressed with Manzanita! Everything about it was great. The decor was impressive when you first walked in. The outside dining with views of the mountains was awesome. Our service not only from our waitress, Kate, but even several others we interfaced with, including Bridget. It was my wife's birthday and they provided a desert of her choice for free. All in all we it was great and we will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingmattDined on 8/2/2014Boring menu, bland food, and just average service. Very disappointing, especially for the price. Much better options in TruckeeSpecial Features:
- Lovely locationFirstTimerDined on 7/27/2014The ambiance of Manzanita and the Ritz-Carlton Lake Tahoe is just amazing. My husband and I enjoyed dinner there to celebrate his birthday and we will definitely return. The menu is elegantly simple and perfect for the location in the mountains.Special Features:
- DisappointinggaryrobertDined on 7/26/2014We dined Saturday night and were looking forward to a wonderful experience, instead, nothing but disappointment. The food was bland and showed no imagination. The pasta dish could only be improved with lots of salt. The fries were cold and undercooked. The pricing was San Francisco fine dining ( $250 for 2) and the food was Chipolte level quality. What's going on here?
- Food 25 Service 30 Atmosphere 30OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 7/24/2014Really loved our meal here. Such a beautiful and amazing space (as is the whole hotel), with 5-star ambience and service .. but not a hint of pretentious attitude. Tons of families and folks just enjoying the 5-star outdoors/nature, perfectly combined with the Ritz experience. During our meal, the Chef came over personally and made chef hats for my 2 year old son and 10 year old nephew. Outside (in July), they had tons of games to enjoy, including Bocce, lawn darts, corn hole, frisbee golf, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good food - great viewTahoeFanVIPDined on 7/21/2014This is a wonderful restaurant that is a favorite of many Lake Tahoe locals. The food is creative, inspired, and consistently good. In addition, the waitstaff is knowledgeable and always pleasant to interact with, whether the conversation is about food or unrelated topics. In addition, the location within the Ritz hotel overlooking the slopes of Northstar ski resort makes for an enchanting setting.Special Features:
- Un-inspiring menuBlackTopDined on 7/6/2014We went there for a birthday lunch on a Sunday. The menu is very limited and rather un-inspiring. There's no Sunday brunch menu.
- Shockingly disappointedFrequentFineDinerVIPDined on 7/2/2014I have been dining at Manzanita since the week it opened several years ago. My prior experiences have been consistently wonderful. My latest visit on July 2, 2014 was a huge disappointment. Worst of all was the service - though we were seated right by the kitchen, our table of 4 was ignored. We ordered just two courses of food, yet dinner still took about 2 hours. My wine and sparkling water were never re-filled, and we were not checked on at all. When I finished my glass of wine, no one asked if I wanted another. Our appetizers were good, but my fish entrée was way overcooked and dry (no one bothered asking us how it was). The four of us dropped about $500 and were very disappointed. I wont be back anytime soon...what a shame.
- happydinerVIPDined on 6/27/2014Fresh and tasty food. The vegetables were some of the best I ever had in the restaurants. Salad was perfect. Steak was just bit more done than what we asked for. Fish was great. Pasta good. Lovely hillside setting. Attentative staffs who addressed us by our names. Will recommend and return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just love it.YummDined on 6/26/2014Excellent food, great quality,and perfect portion size.Special Features:
- Excellent as always.tcroslandDined on 6/25/2014Great service, amazing food, appropriate proportions and you leave feeling like it was a good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Desert surpriseRobertDined on 6/20/2014Thank you to our waitress for suggesting desert. The laurel ice cream and tarragon marshmallows are still in my memory. Unforgetable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favorite12hdcpVIPDined on 6/17/2014At least once, sometimes more often during our Northstar weeklong stays, we dine at Manzanita at the Ritz. Always beautiful and comfortable and the service is unsurpassed. Food is OK but not great and certainly not on par with the menu descriptions, which are written by an artist. We still prefer the food at Lone Eagle Grille in Incline Village but hope Manzanita improves.Special Features:
- Delicious in the mountainsenjoysgoodfoodDined on 6/2/2014I eat here often. Good fresh food and great wine list. Not cheap though. Greg and Kristen are excellent servers and do anything to make your meal perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/22/2014Delicious meal, excellent service. weird ambience...very sterile feeling. Not the Tahoe feel.Special Features:
- The following 281 reviews are from the Manzanita at The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe reviews archive.
- Great fooddiningfoolVIPDined on 5/16/20146 of us dined with various ideas of what good food is (foodies to new college grad who is just developing a palate). All were delighted with the meal and service. Would come back next time we are at the Ritz. Would not drive here...it is a little remote from other activities in the Lake Tahoe area.Special Features:
- mother's day brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/11/2014The brunch was truly delicious with a wonderful selection of shell fish, plus fillet and salmon along with many chef's specialties.Special Features:
- great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/9/2014manzanita never disappoints. the menu is great, service as well, and the food always carefully prepared. we look forward to going back.Special Features:
- amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2014This is the first restaurant that ever brought gluten free for one of my party who eats gf! The rest of the was enjoying sourdough, and as soon as our server noticed, she brought gf bread right over... No gluten free menu, but rather "we can pretty much work with any of the selections"! Dinner was amazing and the service was the icing on the birthday cake. Thank you, Natasha and the Manzanita staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dining expereinceLocalDined on 4/17/2014We took a family group here for a birthday celebration. Food, ambience, service were all as expected from a Ritz restaurant. I highly reccomend for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Nice Location and View ---- but....SnowGirlDined on 4/14/2014The ambience is great and the service as well. At the end of ski season, we felt the quality of the food had declined. My husband's filet mignon was overcooked. He ordered medium rare and got medium well. I had the appetizer pizza which was cold. We've enjoyed the restaurant throughout the season, and generally were very happy with it. Hopefully this was just an aberration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/7/2014we try to go once a month. no better place in north lake tahoe to dine.Special Features:
- We're RegularsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/29/2014Hello, My husband and I have a place in the village and try to dine at Manzanita's whenever we are in Tahoe. We love it! Doesn't feel like a trip to Northstar without dining here. Our waitress saturday night was so sweet. I have forgotten her name, but she has dark brown hair, lives in Reno and is originally from Canada- BC, I believe. She was very kind to my daughter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was better 2 years agolabelleDined on 3/21/2014We reserved through Open Table for a celebration dinner for our family- noted that we had two kids with us and were celebrating two occasions. This fact and the fact that we reserved in advance were not mentioned or played no part in our seating as we were seated at a small four top in the center of the restaurant- crowded in with another table, even when there were more expansive empty tables on the sides of the restaurant. A plus was a great kids menu. Food was ok, but not the stellar experience we had when we visited 2 years ago. It was much more feeling like a hotel restaurant (where people had to go rather than made special plans to go). Our service was ok. We waited 20 minutes for a dessert (not a specialty dessert).Special Features:
- Great spotMoranDined on 2/23/2014I have read negative reviews but the four of definitely had a "5 star" experience. Wholeheartly recommend the Manzanita.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner on the slopes!yum4meDined on 2/22/2014Fantastic food and service. WE have eaten here several times and always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- limited menuOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/21/2014Nice restaurant but very limited menu considering the location and priceSpecial Features:
- Great View but Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 2/21/2014Food was overall good. However, less butter should be used for kid's plain pasta. My daughter's pasta with literally soaked in a soup of melted butter. It was quite gross. Service was mediocre for a normal restaurant, but horrible for the Ritz. We ate at 2:30 pm, when the restaurant was very slow, yet our server only came to check on us couple of times. We had to flag her down to get utensils, and our drinks were not refilled. Very disappointing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Several don't miss menu itemsmldmld21Dined on 2/19/2014We went back here 3 times within a 5 day visit for lunches and dinner. The white bean soup is great, although I'm not seeing it on the menus online. We liked the Winter Squash Porridge so much that we begged Chef Tony for the recipe. And at dinner we enjoyed the pork chop with pear. The bartender was friendly and got creative making a drink off menu for us. Our waitress during our large group lunch was extremely friendly and accommodating. They have coloring for the kids and a delicious grilled cheese sandwich. I highly recommend eating or visiting the bar at Manzanita.Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere, good foodskibumdinerVIPDined on 2/18/2014We enjoyed our meal here very much. The service was attentive and pleasant and the food was very good. They have a great selection of appetizers, some individual and some labeled as "for the table." Our only complaint is that we ordered a bottle of wine that was listed as costing $42 on the wine list that was on our final bill as costing $58. When we pointed this out to our server, she fixed it immediately. This has happened several times at other restaurants, which leads me to wonder if charging more for the wine than its listed price is a widespread practice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diappointedporkersDined on 2/15/2014We have eaten here many times and unfortunately the food was a real disappointment - way too expensive for mediocre food quality.Special Features:
- Beautiful venue limited menufrankyDined on 2/13/2014This is a great date restaurant - perfect for Valentine Day. There were a lot of families with young children also. However, the menu was limited in selection. The salads were unimpressive. The pumpkin souffle was outstanding.Special Features:
- Love ManzanitaNickNameDined on 2/8/2014Manzanita is a wonderful restaurant at the Ritz-Carlton. Last Fall we had a wonderful dinner at an amazingly reasonable price. When I called Manzanita directly for reservations around 8:00 pm, I was told the earliest table would be available at 9:00 pm. However, Open Table showed a reservation opening at 8:15 pm so we booked it and drove over from Tahoe Donner. We were seated upon arriving at 8:15 pm and the first thing we noticed was the substantially higher prices. Most entrees were $35 which was an increase of over 30% from our Fall dinner, so we just had more drinks to compensate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss itGraywolfDined on 2/6/2014Great restaurant in a spectacular setting. Have never been disappointed. It's always the first reservation we make when visiting NorthstsrSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- snowdazskimadDined on 2/5/2014We met friends who drove up from Reno for lunch, and we skied part-time. Everything was wonderful. Our waiter was superb. I asked for a glass of wine with few sulfites (preservatives), and he knew immediately what to suggest. This was not true at another large-chain hotel in the area, where the "Sommelier" had no idea what wines had fewer sulfites, and refused to acknowledge that it was his job to know. The rotisserie chicken was superb, perfectly grilled, the squash porridge very tasty, the salmon salad melted in your mouth, and the burger perfectly cooked. I can't say enough about the entire staff--each person is friendly, but more importantly, very professional. There is no "attitude" in this establishment, which is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient for hotel guestsTortelliniVIPDined on 2/4/2014As the only restaurant on the property for a nice dinner it was good quality but not up to usual ritz standards. Wait staff was nice but distracted by other patrons coming to surrounding tables. We ordered the pork chop and brussel sprouts to split but specifically requested to bring an extra plate and we would split it. Got delivered split by the kitchen. They took it back and provided a new order as we originally requested. Remedied but waitress didn't seem to concerned. Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ritz in my backyardNiqueDined on 2/3/2014One of the great things about the Manzanita at the Ritz, Lake Tahoe is that it is only 5 minutes away. And! One can ski in for lunch or, on Mondays, everything is half off for registered locals, but the food and service remains at its high level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.