Manuel's Creative Cuisine
3102 Oak Lawn
Dallas, TX 75219Neighborhood:
Turtle Creek / Oak Lawn
Global, InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
Manuel's Creative Cuisine
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://manuelscreativecuisine.com/
- Phone: 2144495991
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International
- Executive Chef: Manuel Arredondo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For catering menu and prices, please contact us
- Private Party Facilities: To request a private room please contact us
- Private Party Contact: Virny Sanchez 2144495991
A word from Manuel's Creative Cuisine
The restaurant model is based around Chef Manuel's celebrated creative cuisine, with huge emphasis in organic and seasonal ingredients. Our food style is Global/International with imaginative, clean and fresh plates. In addition to our cuisine that reflects the aromas, flavors and colors of the world, the bar will feature a moderately priced wine list and innovative hand crafted cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Manuel's Creative Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
- Strange. Only one multi-courseGourmetGourmandVIPDined on 11/3/2012Strange. Only one multi-course prix fixe offering. Food was good, but it's a difficult place to go to if you don't want 7 courses.
- New Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/2/2012New restaurant, give it a try! Very good addition to our Oaklawn Neighborhood.Special Features:
- We did the tasting menu andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/27/2012We did the tasting menu and it was just great. It so happened that the Oaklawn Halloween party was going on the evening we went, so we had a great view from the window!Special Features:
- Manuel's is a different sortOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/26/2012Manuel's is a different sort of place that is quite enjoyable. Its menu changes monthly and is eclectic. I enjoyed to waiter to explained the concept and made sure that we enjoyed our dinner at Manuel's.Special Features:
- Absolutely flawless. We'veOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012Absolutely flawless. We've been twice in three weeks, but usually don't eat out very often. I can't say enough good things about this place!Special Features:
- My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/5/2012My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful, quiet meal at this underrecognized restaurant. All food (including cocktails) was high quality and above average creatively. Wine list was succinct but all choices were acceptable. Only downside was only one other table was occupied making for a low energy experience.Special Features:
- great...you must try it.djhdjhVIPDined on 10/3/2012great food. restaurant lives up to its name (and don't let name fool you...it is not Tex Mex). highly recommend Manuel's!Special Features:
- We enjoyed a chicken dishOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/29/2012We enjoyed a chicken dish and a duck empanada that were out of this world ... both in taste and presentation.Special Features:
- There was hardly a soul inOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/29/2012There was hardly a soul in Manuel's at 6:30 when we entered. We just don't understand since the food, ambiance and service were all stellar. Sesame crusted Goat cheese salad and their take on a Caesar salad were both quite good. The shrimp in garlic sauce was delicate & delicious. Coffee pork tenderloin was tender and just pink. Chicken stuffed with goat cheese was good, but probably the least successful of the entrees. The dessert trio was more interesting than memorable, but all in all, this was an excellent dining experience. We try to visit all the new restaurants, but if we hadn't seen this one on Open Table, we would not have known it existed.Special Features:
- The food at Manuel's was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/28/2012The food at Manuel's was excellent and the service very attentive. However, we were the only guests in the rather large restaurant on a Friday night. It's unfortunate the location doesn't have better visibility. Additionally, the name leaves one with the impression that it's a Mexican restaurant, which it is not. The menu is varied and the presentations are lovely.
- The Centrum, although a prettyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2012The Centrum, although a pretty place, is a kiss a death for restaurants. Manuel's is no exception. Four of us went on a Tuesday night and were one of two tables occupied. Maybe I am wrong, but this place sure seemed like it was going out of business. They had one beer. I don't mean one kind, I mean one Corona. One. They seemed to have all the basic bar ingredients and had the wine I ordered by the glass. The waiter was also the bartender and seemed suited to be a member of the Adams Family cast. Weird cat. The food and presentation were good. My advice to Manuel would be to give Dallas another try. Move to a more popular location, change the name to Manuel's, put more emphasis in the cuisine and less on the creative and try again
- Beautiful looking food and deliciouGemofsanjuanVIPDined on 9/22/2012The food was delicious and looked beautiful. Wine list could be expanded to match some of the great food.Special Features:
- Wish I lived in Dallas!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2012ur group of 5 were visiting Dallas and dined at Manuel's this week, and we all were beyond pleased with every aspect of our experience. Brent, our server, was delightful - knowledgeable about the menu and friendly but not intrusive. 4 of us ordered the tasting menu - something I'd never tried anywhere before. While the portions were modest and not Texas-sized, every bite was a beautifully presented taste adventure! And none of us left hungry. A special treat was the amuse bouche - a shrimp in a shot glass with a delicate coconut sauce. Our 5th ordered a shrimp pasta dish which he raved about. I hope Dallas foodies will make a special effort to dine here soon! MPORTANT!! The phone # listed on Yelp doesn't work (also on GoSpecial Features:
- Wonderful....it's name says it all.djhdjhVIPDined on 9/14/2012We have been to Manuel's several times and it just gets better and better. Manuel's cooking skills are amazing and the dishes are wonderful. I would highly recommend the restaurant.Special Features:
- 5 stars!vbreaux21Dined on 9/13/2012This was my second visit to Manuel's and it was even better than the first. Exotic menu with a personal touch. We chose the tasting menu this time and were thrilled with the experience. From presentation to the flavor of each dish was outstanding! This service was also excellent. We also appreciated Chef Arredondo taking the time to visit our table.Special Features:
- Do NOT think "Tex-Mex". TheOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2012Do NOT think "Tex-Mex". The food preparation and presentation at Manuel's is exceptional and of an international calibur. We have now visited, with various of our adult "foodie" kids, Manuel's Creative Cuisine twice in the past couple of weeks and been blown away by the quality of the meals we had. Our plates included a tasty Empanada dish (with 3 or 4 treats)and a Caesar Sadald "My Way" that was just right, not too much dressing and a surprise cheese bowl in which it resided. A couple of us shared a Ceviche appetizer that was arguably the best we had ever had, followed by Chichen Mole, where the chicken unbelievable moist and the mole outstanding. Lastly, there is a signature dish called Cocoa & Coffee Pork Filet. Tender & fantastic!Special Features:
- Very creative menu and theMYCGVIPDined on 8/25/2012Very creative menu and the food was quite delightful. The ambiance is very calming and the atmosphere is quiet-sophistication. A bit too early to tell if they have the right combination of setting and food, as I have seen many restaurants come and go in this particular space. I hope they give it a real go, as the neighbourhood really needs a quality establishment that focusing on quality, value and building a restaurant - not just an establishment that caters to the usual club-like 'establishment' so often found in Oak Lawn restaurants. Good luck! I'll be back...Special Features:
- Lives up to its namedjhdjhVIPDined on 8/25/2012Great food....always something new on the menu. This ha become one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- We really enjoyed both theOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/24/2012We really enjoyed both the food and the wine. We received a lot of attention and service. Great experience! Now, we are going to try Manuel's in Cabo!Special Features:
- This restaurant is great.JoJoVIPDined on 8/23/2012This restaurant is great. I took 2 vegetarians. The waiter suggested subsitutions to accommodate them. The food and service was outstanding. The drinks were unique.Special Features:
- This place is a hidden gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2012This place is a hidden gem! The food is delicious. Perfect ambiance for fine dining! If you're in Dallas and have never dined at this restaurant, you are missing out on deliciously cooked dishes with a personal touch by chef Manuel, who used to cook for the past president George. H.W. Bush. The owners are very welcoming and friendly. What a wonderful dining experience!!!Special Features:
- The food was good, but thefoodieVIPDined on 8/3/2012The food was good, but the restaurant was near empty and I still had to request water every time I needed my glass filled.
- I am perplexed by Leslie Brenner'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/28/2012I am perplexed by Leslie Brenner's one star review in the Dallas Morning News. We had a great meal there on two occasions. The amuse bouche contained the best shrimp I've ever tasted.Special Features:
- Not worth the time or theHungry777VIPDined on 7/19/2012Not worth the time or the cost. Nothing here to recomend it.
- I very rarely comment on restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/17/2012I very rarely comment on restaurants, but it is not every day that you come across a gem. The four of us went on a Tuesday evening and enjoyed a quite restaurant and the full attention of the staff. Weekend we were told were busier. The food was amazing. We tried 4 different appetizers, 2 “cappuccino soups” and 2 salads, 3 different entrees and 2 deserts. Not one disappointed even so slightly. We will be back for sure as the menu changes regularly depending on the best food chef Manuel can find. The staff is great and does not rush you between courses. Sit back, relax en enjoy what could possibly be one of the best food you will ever eat.Special Features:
- This was our first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/14/2012This was our first time at Manuel's and we are glad we went. The food was excellent. The drinks were great, and they were served with some creative flair. The Mahi Mahi that one person in our group had was the best. The only downside was that it took a while for the food to come out, but the chef personally came out to apologize to us which made up for it (he happened to be short handed that night in the kitchen- so I don't think that was normal). However, the taste of the food was well worth the wait. We loved the fact it was a smaller place which allowed for more personal service. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Horrible night. I guess wematthewVIPDined on 7/14/2012Horrible night. I guess we decided to try manuels on their busiest night since they opened. we love a nice long dinner, but 4 hours is too long. 2 servers, 1 chef, the owner was bartending. the food is ok, overpriced a bit however. drinks were too fancy which is why I think it took so long to get them. We may go back for a second look to see if it was just a bad night or is this a characteristic of this place.
- what a wonderful restaurant.djhdjhVIPDined on 7/14/2012what a wonderful restaurant. don't let the name make you think this is just a Mexican restaurant. Manuel's lives up to its name as far as creative cuisine. For example who would have thought of a blueberry basil mojito? I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great restaurant - relativelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2012Great restaurant - relatively new, so generally un-noticed and undervalued. A must-eat. Dinner was incredible.Special Features:
- A hidden treasureOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/6/2012Food was delicious and chef gave us samples of a few extra courses.Special Features:
- We had a horrible experiencetopperVIPDined on 7/5/2012We had a horrible experience at this restaurant. It was extremely embarassing for me as I planned the evening to celebrate a friend's Birthday. There were hardly any people in the restaurant so you would think you would get your food in a timely fashion and it would be done correctly when served. I had to send my fish back twice. The servers were inexperienced and kept forgetting what we told them and kept coming back to the table to ask more questions. The tabletops had no silverware on the table when you walked into the restaurant and the room looked bare. In a city like Dallas where there are many wonderful restaurants, this is surely one to miss.
- Lots of hype, food very disapointinhal52VIPDined on 6/15/2012Lots of hype, food very disapointing. Service very slow and forgetful.