Manuel's Bread Cafe
505 Railroad Ave
North Augusta, SC 29841Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Manuel's Bread Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.manuelsbreadcafe.com/
- Phone: 8033801323x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Thursday, Friday - Saturday: 9:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Sunday Brunch 11:30-3:00; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Manuel Verney-Carron
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Manuel's Bread Cafe is pleased to offer a unique catering experience. We can offer personalized catering menus and cover every detail from table arrangements to chairs and tents. Visit our website to view past caterings.
- Private Party Facilities: Enjoy our private room with silent french films on our movie screen. Our private room comfortably seats up to 20 people for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
There is no charge for this room according to number of party and time. Feel free to use our projector for any slideshow or presentation. We can also personalize any set menu for your function.
- Private Party Contact: Cutler Bernard 8033801323x
- Entertainment: Every Wednesday night we host "Acoustic Jam Sessions" from 7:00pm until.
A word from Manuel's Bread Cafe
Nestled within the cradle of North Augusta's ambitious and visionary Hammond's Ferry riverfront development, Manuel's Bread Cafe combines the storied tradition of a French bakery, pastry and food shop with an unforgettable casual dining experience. From his hometown of Lyon, the Mecca of French cuisine, culinary wizard Chef Manuel Verney-Carron uses his exceptional artistry to extend delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner, all guaranteed to delight any palette. The seasonal menu features Manuel's twist on exquisite time-honored French dishes laden with organic produce grown from the fertile soil of our very own Blue Clay Farms, within the partition of Hammond's Ferry. The Cafe is also presenting daily "Plats Du Jour", as well as menu items available as carry-out fare for those who wish to sample the wondrous food "on the go" or in the comfort of their own home. The Cafe also offers a storefront with freshly baked bread, pastries and other items.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Manuel's Bread Cafe - Best Restaurants in North Augusta ›
Manuel's Bread Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (43)neighborhood gem (41)fit for foodies (28)great for brunch (27)great for lunch (25)special occasion (24)romantic (17)kid-friendly (13)notable wine list (11)good for groups (7)scenic view (6)hot spot (4)late-night find (4)Show More
- Didn't even know it was there....OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2014Great spot in North Augusta SC.....we picked a good day to go..Labor day weekend everyone was going out of town, so it wasn't crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good...but....julrobsDined on 8/28/2014I love this café, but the night we ate, the food was good but not outstanding. The price for a glass of wine was too expensive for me. Of course, I did not ask how much it would be, so live and learn. I will go to this café again, because the atmosphere is so wonderful and the food is good, sometimes wonderful.Special Features:
- Outstanding!TandGTwinzMomVIPDined on 8/24/2014Can't say enough good things about how much we enjoyed our meal here. Our waitress was very attentive and a lot of fun, going the extra mile on some of our queries about the food. Loved the cheese selection! Our single choice (a cheese that we adored when we lived in a small village in England and sourced from there) came with fresh pineapple, orange slices, jam, and their own breadsticks. Our entrees had veggies from their farm just down the street--talk about fresh! And dessert--wow! What to choose :-) Couldn't decide so we shared the chocolate mousse (heavenly) and a sliver of the sweet/salty chocolate cake. We dined outdoors and had such a good meal/experience that we will attempt to make another visit before we move away in 6 weeks!Special Features:
- EXCELLENTOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014FANTASTIC FOOD. ALL FRESH. GREAT SELECTION OF SPECIALSSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Kept Secret!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014This was our first experience at Manuel's, and definitely not our last! Probably the best kept secret in the CSRA! The food was incredible...you can tell the chefs really put a lot of thought into their menu. The specials are extensive, and delicious. The wine list is great, and so cool with the IPad app. Loved this place, and will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic southern French food!BeagleBagDined on 8/5/2014We got a recommendation of this restaurant from a friend, and the place did not disappoint. I got the fish and my husband got the steak frite, and we both enjoyed our selections. My husband also purchased a French beer, which was light and enjoyable. We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Fun at Manuel'sBarbBrewDined on 7/27/2014My wife and I celebrated her birthday at Manuel's and the experience was fantastic. Our server, Ebony, could not have been nicer or more proficient. The beet salad was great and both entrees rated a "10". We struck up a nice conversation with a couple from LA who were here for the Peach Jam. A very pleasant evening at Manuel's!Special Features:
- Enjoyable ExperienceRoseDined on 7/26/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Manuel's. The service was excellent, the food was delicious, and the ambience was conducive to pleasant conversation. We sat outside and it was quite pleasant.Special Features:
- Dinner with friendssogoodDined on 7/25/2014Other than having to make a switch in wine (less than stellar Pinot Noir swapped for a very nice Moscato), everything was delicious. The three of us had a cheese plate to share (try the sweet hot goat cheese - yum - even better with a touch of the pepper jelly. One reason I love Manuel's is that they will swap things around.so if you want the grilled salmon on a different salad, no problem; want the scrumptious burger at night even though it's a lunch only item, okay. And everything tastes wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the $$dinerDined on 7/15/2014I've been here several times for lunch and had good experiences but we were very disappointed with our dinner entrees. The service and atmosphere were great but the food was not. The entrees simply were not worth the price tag.
- Very goodfoodislifeDined on 7/12/2014I really enjoy coming here for lunch. It's a great spot to just hangout with friends or dates. The food is awesome and the farm where they grow their food is right there as soon as you get into the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Culinary Find!SafariGirlDined on 6/28/2014Our group shared three appetizers. The tuna tartare was fabulous with a lovely piquant sauce medley on the plate. A crudite platter was pretty and offered great variety -- the pesto deserves a special accolade. The cheese platter was the only disappointment -- too skimpy. I had the Shashimi grade tuna and it was divine. Three large slabs of tuna were a very generous portion with interesting sides of exotic rice and unusual baby vegetables. My husband had the crispy crispy flounder which was also quite delicious and prettily presented. Other entrees at the table -- the duck and beef bourguignon -- were equally well received. Desserts were the salted chocolate cake (omg!), tiramisu, and panna cotta -- all of which were perfection. Go. Eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Price too high for quality of foodFoodie123Dined on 6/27/2014I dined at Manuel's a few days ago and was very disappointed with the experience. We had the duck wings as an appetizer. The breading tasted like any other that you could get a cheap fast food restaurant. I had the goat cheese salad for dinner and added the salmon. I asked that it be prepared medium. It was so dry that I almost choked on a few of the bites. I wasn't able to finish it. My fiancé had the rib appetizer for his entree. It was three ribs with a bland flavored BBQ sauce slathered on it. The service was decent and their wine selection was good. We don't plan to return. For $25-$30 per plate I would need to be blown away with the quality of food. It was not even close.Special Features:
- Some of the best food we have had!BethSC77Dined on 6/21/2014I took my parents out to eat here as a treat (the hubs and I have been wanting to try it and I will definitely bring him next!). The service was great - our waiter was very knowledgable about the menu and had some fantastic recommendations for us. We all tried a little bit of each other's meal, and everything was delicious! I love that so much of the food is locally sourced - you can really taste the freshness. Hubs and I go to Las Vegas once a year, so we are familiar with high-end restaurants, and the food at Manuel's can hold its own against them any day. It is a gem in the North Augusta area and I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Default Father's DayClsilndDined on 6/15/2014My brother and sister-in-law and I have no sons or daughters or grandchildren nearby to celebrate Father's Day [or Mother's Day, for that matter]. So, when one of these occasions rolls around, we like to do something for ourselves. This year, we chose Manuel's to honor my brother. And we chose to go mid-afternoon since both he and my sister-in-law had worked a long day the day before. Perfect choice on all fronts. We were able to choose from both the brunch and lunch menus. They shared a great steak, which the cafe happily adapted from a lunch salad to a meal for them. I had an awesome brunch wrap. We had a wonderful server, who helped my brother choose a couple of great beers to enjoy on "his" day from their long list. Perfect.Special Features:
- JerryVIPDined on 6/14/2014We did not stay because they did not have a full bar.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeJ1285Dined on 5/26/2014Went here for lunch and was impressed. Good menu and plenty of specials. Had lettuce wedge with steak and was very satisfiedSpecial Features:
- Disappointed from AtlantaBarbVIPDined on 5/25/2014Was overall disappointed. We had a reservation 30 minutes after the restaurant opened on Sunday. It was already packed so service was very slow. It took about 15 - 20 minutes to get our beverage and a good while longer to finally get our food. The order was wrong and they have to remake one person's selection which we ended up taking home as the others in the party were through eating. Prices for beverages were high for this type restaurant. $10 for a mimosa - maybe, if you were in a five star restaurant. I expected more.Special Features:
- Good place!AMCCDined on 5/18/2014When my husband and I got there it was a surprise. We didn't even know such a cute place existed around this area. The atmosphere was so quaint and cute like a cafe. The service was great and the food was good. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- first dateOsasoDined on 5/17/2014Really good ambiance and food, great service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinnertommyb353Dined on 5/14/2014Manuel's did not disappoint. Food was great, with a large selection of daily specials. Great wine list, provided on an IPad which allows you to see more info on the different wines available. In a very nice neighborhood, we took a nice walk around the neighborhood after dinner. Overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedPaigeDined on 5/11/2014I was excited to see the menu online...it was exactly what I was looking for and the 2 dollar sign indication was even better. I was thrilled with the ability to make a reservation thru the app and because it was my first time doing that I called to verify. No mention of a special Mother's Day only brunch. We could not order off the menu and no price was given. 3 ppl @ $120. Gratuity auto figured in for a buffet. Waters and 3 buffets for $120. I would like To be given the ability to choose whether or not id pay that for a meal. The food was indeed good but I heavily resent the $120 bill when we were expecting a moderately priced menu. There should've been a sign or the waiter should've mentioned the price.Special Features:
- Great place to eat.MackDined on 5/11/2014This is a great place to eat. We visited this place on Mother's Day for lunch and they had a buffet that was awesome although very pricey in my opinion at $28 per person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedikealgDined on 5/11/2014This was our second Mother's day brunch at this restaurant. We had gone there 2 years ago for their Mothers day brunch and there was no comparison to the 2 visits. The food was much much better 2 years ago. This time I don't know what happened or what they have changed in 2 years but the way in which the food tasted and was prepared this time was a huge disappointment compared to 2 years ago. It was not worth the money that they charged for the brunch.
- Mothers DayMej0362Dined on 5/11/2014Had reservations for 12:30 but did not get seated until after 1. Yes I realize it was extra busy but over a half hour wait with reservations did not seem reasonable. Once seated the waitress was fantastic and very accommodating. The food was very good and we enjoyed it (although a little pricey). It was me my wife and 12 year old daughter and the bill was around $120 before tip. The food was above average,the lamb, and beef burgundy were noteworthy. Special occasion place, and the second time I have been here.Special Features:
- Never disappoints!JjingaDined on 5/11/2014We celebrated Mother's Day for the second year in a row at Manuel's because it is hands down the best brunch in town. Fresh, creative farm to table dishes that are all delicious. Consistently good, even if we are only popping in for a quick lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for Mother's Day brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014Excellent selection of food. Service always a bit lacking and wish they had more than one toilet for the whole place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BombOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014Totally dropped the ball on the buffet. I was told We made reservations for brunch?? Apparently not, There was nothing brunchish! There were 2 roast beef selections Neither of which were appetizing. Do women really want heavy meats?? I would've opted for a lighter fare. The salad was ok. The sides~ 2 of the3 included rice and potatoes ..again, this is Mother's Day and that's not what I had in mind not to mention they were blasé. Ok so your a bread cafe .. At least you could provide spectacular breads and not A basket of after thoughts tossed at the end of the bar. This meal was not planned With Mom in mind. The Atmosphere and Outdoor ambience were the only thing positive about this afternoon. The food left a LOT to be desired!!Special Features:
- The following 273 reviews are from the Manuel's Bread Cafe reviews archive.
- Manuel'sDissapointedDined on 5/4/2014We were seated outside as per our request. Server did not introduce himself. He did take our drink order and gave us our menus. Food great. Service terrible did not seem to know menu. Did not offer dessert or coffee high price for this combination of food and service. Wow reluctantly go back.Special Features:
- Excellent place!Vas1429Dined on 5/1/2014This place was awesome. Tucked away on the river in a nice little community. Food and drinks were amazing. The dessert menu is also top notch. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- VailbobDined on 4/24/2014Always enjoy. The food is always at least very good and the waitstaff excellent. Well worth the drive from Aiken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the trip to North AugustaOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/20/2014I really wanted to love this place after reading the reviews, but we went for Mother's Day 2014, and the food was awful. I'm sorry, but the fresh pineapple was not ripe, and the French toast was not even yummy - it was very bland and needed cinnamon or something. We ate our food out of embarrassment of sending it back. But, I cannot recommend.
- Neighborhood GemRoseDined on 4/12/2014The ambience and food at Manuel's are superb. This is a great place for sitting outside and relaxing over a delicious meal. The service was terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Restaurant, Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/11/2014We visited Manuel's for the second time on a repeat trip to the Masters. Our first experience was fantastic, which was why we wanted to go again. Unfortunately the restaurant seemed completely overwhelmed, as it took almost 20 minutes to be seated despite open tables. Thereafter, it took almost 2.5 hours to finish our meal. The upside was that this is a beautiful restaurant in a quaint area of North Augusta, so we really weren't bummed to have to enjoy their patio for so long. And, the food here is amazing. It was just unfortunate that we lost much of our night to waiting. Bottom line: increase service capacity and this is a 5-star restaurant.Special Features:
- Augusta GemTomSVIPDined on 4/11/2014i was in augusta for The Masters went 4 nights !!! Can i say more . enjoySpecial Features:
- Overwhelmed by Masters attendees- RfrequentdinerVIPDined on 4/11/2014Overwhelmed by Masters attendees- Ran out of Ceasar salas soup specials and duck which is on the menu . Wine choice $30-35 and around $95 But location is interesting- outside dining was good- staff nice but totally thrown by volume.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant hits all thewayneVIPDined on 4/9/2014This restaurant hits all the high notes in every dinning aspect.Would return in a second!Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/9/2014Sarah was excellent, best service ever!!! food prepared to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousSnoopieDined on 4/6/2014Great food and service went twice back to back nights when in Aiken. Nice atmosphere As wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manuel's Bread Cafe! A Gem!MRH29841VIPDined on 3/23/2014Great dining experience for lunch! Food and service was excellent. Wine was great (and 1/2 price on Sundays!)Special Features: