275 Route 4 East "West Bound"
Paramus, NJ 07652Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mantranj.com/
- Phone: (201) 342-8868
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Mantra Restaurant
Mantra Restaurant is a premier destination spot for modern Indian cuisine. We cater to pallets of individuals who are accustomed to Indian cuisine as well as those who want to indulge and enjoy the nuevo, rich and exciting flavors that Indian food has to offer. The relaxed lounge atmosphere is a perfect venue to meet socially or professionally. The dining area offers the ideal setting to enjoy meals with friends and family. We take pride in preparing food with the highest quality ingredients and our chefs turn out delicious and suckling choices. Dining out at Mantra offers a true fine dining experience for everyone. Besides our premier location in Paramus, we now have a second location open in downtown Jersey City (Exchange Place). Come visit and devour the excellence and judge for yourself. This is our “Mantra”.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerIndian
Mantra Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Paramus ›
Mantra Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (25)good for groups (19)romantic (17)special occasion (15)neighborhood gem (13)great for lunch (8)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (7)notable wine list (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Mantra continues to outdo itself.danakoenigDined on 11/22/2014Just when we think Mantra has perfected itself, it steps it up further each time. It has always been our favorite restaurant but now I am almost worried it will be so popular that we won't get in. The food is better than the best Indian restaurants in NYC (we have been to them all) and now with the jazz musicians in the bar, the decor is so chic - Hands down my favorite alwaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Indian Food!1njgalVIPDined on 11/14/2014Love this beautiful, atmospheric restaurant located in Paramus. Food is excellent…tables spaced nicely…beautiful ambiance…music on weekends in the bar area. Great service…a wonderful choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real Indian FoodRWdinerDined on 11/8/2014THe food was delicious, however the service was quite slow. We were not in a hurry so it was not a problem. OUr server did come over and say they were very busy and it would take awhile, but there was no offer of bread or anything while we waited, so ultimately we had to ask for something. The martini was straight gin so my husband ended up asking for some tonic to turn it into a gin and tonic. Go with the beer.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/7/2014Enjoyed our dinner! Food was great. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Indian Food!JackieDined on 11/4/2014Upscale dining with wonderful wait staff and excellent dishes. Even though it is not on the menu, you should order the chicken tikka masala! I get a different dish each time and very meal I have had here is delicious!Special Features:
- INDIAN DELIGHTHungryhVIPDined on 11/3/2014great food and service..upscale and worth it; they are very accommodating to any request!...sam is a great host and makes everyone feel very welcomeSpecial Features:
- abcdefDined on 10/25/2014Was great as usual but made a reservation 2 weeks before our dinner and was told when we walked in (on time) that we'd have to wait 15 minutes. It was eventually handled but that experience was disappointing.Special Features:
- MantraCurryingFavorDined on 10/16/2014Distinguished and flavorsome food - a step up from most Indian restaurants - with prices to match. The tableside chaat is our favorite appetizer. Beware the very small portions, though.Special Features:
- Wonderful food!!!foodiesinNJVIPDined on 9/13/2014This place has the best tasting Indian food in Northern New Jersey, by far. The plates are beautifully served and the preparation of the food absolutely backs up the great plating. The people are very nice and accommodating. They have a great bar, which we are definitely going to check out the next time we go there, which I hope will be soon and hopefully with some friends so we can try even more of the menu dishes.Special Features:
- A Favorite Spot!LovenewplacesDined on 9/6/2014We have eaten here numerous times and each time has been an absolute pleasure! The lunch is often buffet and it allows you to try so many items. The dinner menu is well defined, allowing us to choose wisely. The four of us selected items that we would certainly order again in the future. Our guests were new to this restaurant and traveled over an hour just to come to Mantra. They, too, greatly enjoyed the food, ambience, and service.Special Features:
- Great Lunch BreaktcarrDined on 9/5/2014The lunch buffet is ideal when you want good food at a great price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Indian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/4/2014Came to Mantra with a Groupon for 4 people which included 2 appetizers, 2 naan breads, 4 entrees, 1 dessert, and 2 bottles of wine. Our group dined family style so we sampled off all the entrees - all which were fabulous. Saag Paneer, Crab Tikka Masala, Basil Chicken Tikka, and a Shrimp Curry (which the name escapes me). Our server was fantastic - great sense of humor and made very good recommendations when we were undecided on menu items. The restaurant was pretty busy, yet not loud at all. As a group of 4 ladies, we were worried we were going to be too loud talking at out table. The ambiance was nice - lower lighting, candles, and a neat fire behind glass.Special Features:
- Great Date Night MealKDMP242Dined on 8/29/2014I love Mantra. The food is always prepared exceptionally and the cocktails are refreshing. Tried the sea bass and lobster entrees, both cooked to perfection with imaginative and flavorful sauces. Our cocktails were large and top notch. Can't wait to go back again, there are so many dishes I want to try! The service was friendly, attentive and genuine.Special Features:
- Mantra has always been our favoritedanakoenigDined on 8/23/2014But this time it blew us away. SO good. The food was not only good but presented in such a chic fashion, the service was excellent and we love the vibe there. !0 out of 10 for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indian at its Best1njgalVIPDined on 8/22/2014This beautiful Indian restaurant in a strip mall on Rte 4 in Paramus could easily be located in NYC. Lovely ambiance…lighting, decor, etched glass windows, mood..all wonderful. Tables spaced nicely so you are not too close to other diners. Food wonderful…tasty with just the right touch. The flaming banana dessert with ice cream prepared table side….outstanding! Live jazz on Saturdays in the lounge area. Best Indian restaurant around.Special Features:
- Food & Service. SAMYyyyyyyyyyyyDined on 8/18/2014Food is consistently great. The service provider by Sam is the best!Special Features:
- Very Worth the visitNormtooDined on 8/15/2014Enjoyed it and the food is delicious! We really like Josan as our waiter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to try Indian food!JackieDined on 8/13/2014Went there for my birthday dinner and loved everything. Wonderful service, excellent food and beautiful décor. Make sure you try the banana flambé for dessert! It is amazing! Great place to take someone trying Indian for the first time or for a gourmet Indian experience.Special Features:
- Gone downhill. Not worth the visit!JazzyVIPDined on 8/9/2014Waitress was a little unprofessional. She took a long time to bring our food. We ordered vegetable samosa for appetizer. After waiting a long time, she came out with them but gave them to another table. Those customers were confused... Took them 10 min to flag her down to tell her they didn't order them. She picked them up and did a circle around dining room and dropped them off at our table and said "Enjoy!" Unacceptable! You don't give your food to someone else and them bring it to you after they touched it?! We even told her we saw what she did and she just giggled. Meal went downhill after that. We won't be returning.
- So-soskynettev2Dined on 8/8/2014First time @ Mantra & was disappointed with the service. There was only 1 person taking the orders for the whole resto & that was on a busy Friday night. We waited long for our drinks & for our orders to be taken. 1 good thing about this place was the food. It was worth the wait...but then, I wouldn't go back there even if the food was great because of their slow/poor service. I would recommend it though just to try out their food...once! If you're planning to go & eat there, make sure you go on a slow day/hour & that you are not hungry or not that hungry bec of the long wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding serviceAJPerDined on 8/8/2014We were a loud and boisterious group with more kids than adults and the staff was very patient with us even though the resturant was packed with diners. Excellent experience..first time visitors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste bud partyYyyyyyyyyyyyDined on 8/1/2014Service by SAM perfect. Food is always excellent, can't wait to go again and try other items on the menu.Special Features:
- The following 318 reviews are from the Mantra Restaurant reviews archive.
- MantrafoodieDined on 7/23/2014It was a great buffet and did not feel the noise level was excessive. First time there and I will return.Special Features:
- Amazing food and serviceBooyaDined on 7/22/2014We have never been disappointed by the food and service at Mantra. Every dish is a delight to the senses.Special Features:
- GreekGodVIPDined on 7/18/2014Sag paneer and chicken tika and chicken korma are some of the best we've had. Add in terrific cocktails likes wet pear martini or a cucumber mint martini, a sleek modern vibe and terrific service and you have a winner very time. Best Indian on Bergen County and rivals what we had in Manhattan.Special Features:
- Indian fusion consistently awesomeWendeenycVIPDined on 7/18/2014I love Mantra for the food and the service. From the table side prepared chaat to the varies menu including everything from lamb to lobster, the flavors are outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Indian FoodGoodcookieVIPDined on 6/28/2014We've been here before but are always thrilled by the level of excellence this restaurant possesses. The warmth of the wait staff is only exceeded by their delightfully professional service. The food is outrageously delicious. Their sea bass in a curry sauce was perfectly spiced and layered with flavor--not the yellow idea many have of curry. Their shrimp masala was creatively served in shot glasses with a taste of the spicy sauce in the glass. 5 huge shrimp for the portion. Basmati rice w/peas is the accompaniment to the entrees and was a great way to cool down the heat of the sauce. Their garlic naan bread is to die. We indulged in an interesting saffron crème brule An exceptional meal in a lovely restaurant.Special Features:
- Always wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/25/2014As always the food and service is wonderful! We have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best of India!1njgalVIPDined on 6/21/2014This elegant Indian establishment has the most wonderful food…great service and gorgeous ambiance. The jazz group entertaining in the lounge (Saturdays) was a definite plus! The music was a lovely backdrop to an already great dining experience. NY stye…this restaurant is sure to please! If this is you pleasure, try Mantra…you will love it!Special Features:
- will be going backFoodieVIPDined on 5/28/2014Most of the time i go to Indian restaurants, the menus are very basic and ordinary. The menu here had a great selection of very interesting and creative dishes. There were 3 of us and we ordered 3 appetizers and 3 dinners to share family style. Everything was terrific. The presentation and food quality was outstanding. We had a sea bass appetizer which was simply delicious. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and will be going back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Indian restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/2/2014One of the best Indian restaurants in NJ, great lunch buffet!Special Features:
- Good but not great!ShudainVIPDined on 4/29/2014The food here is good but not great. I find their food to be a little westernized but overall it's a pretty decent place.Special Features:
- Mantra: Excellent Indian CuisinesuebDined on 4/20/2014We've dined at Mantra numerous times. The food and service are consistently excellent; the ambience relaxing and condusive to conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Curry Without BollywoodJustbopDined on 4/12/2014Mantra is the real deal. Wonderful spices, gracious service and a very happy bar. Go for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had been there for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/30/2014We had been there for lunch before, but this was our first time for dinner. Our server was quite helpful with the menu and made great suggestions to guide us through the dining experience. TerrificI would recommend this to a friend.
- overly solicitousOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/7/2014Mantra is a go-to restaurant for great food, but this time...our wait staff was overly solicitous. Our waiter tried several times to 'recommend' the most expensive items on the menu four or five times.
- Great FoodBloomfieldFoodieVIPDined on 2/26/2014I like Mantra a lot as the food here is a great variation of traditional IndiaSpecial Features:
- Very Good Food !AndrewVIPDined on 2/22/2014Great Food, Nice Atmosphere ~ Your Hostess was Overwhelmed. Poor girl was trying to check coats, answer phones, greet people at the door - she became so confused she forgot what she was telling people ~ they got annoyed an left! We watched customer after customer leave!!! even those with reservations...easily over 12 tables....and crazy thing was once the surge slowed and tables flipped in about 20 minutes... you had half the restaurant open!!! - If you had better communication between the Manager and the front end the floor manager could have told her only 15-20 min wait as opposed to the hour wait she started to tell people - I just don't want to see you turn people off....because once we were seated we had an excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/22/2014It is one of the best restaurants in the Bergen County for tasty and authentic Indian cusiine. The ambiance is elegant but yet not stuffy.. The restaurant has a trendy lounge that you can just go for drinks. I took my boyfriend who never ate Indian food before.. He absolutely loved the food and the restaurant.. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great restaurant with amazing foodOriSDined on 2/16/2014Quiet, romantic atmosphere with delicious food and exceptional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.