10962 Ventura Blvd.
Studio City, CA 91604Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.manteecafe.com/
- Phone: (818) 761-6565
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00AM - 4:00PM
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: & Sunday: 4:00PM - 9:30PM
Friday & Saturday: 4:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: Jonatan Darakjian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant for further details.
- Private Party Contact: Sylvia or Rafi 8187616565
A word from Mantee Cafe
A quaint little cafe serving delightful Mediterranean food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
Mantee Cafe - Best Restaurants in Studio City ›
Mantee Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (24)neighborhood gem (23)fit for foodies (14)good for groups (8)romantic (7)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (3)special occasion (3)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Quaint lil hidden garden cafeNewMamaVIPDined on 11/11/2014Hard to find. Park in back. Lunch specials. Dolma served chilled. Small outdoor tables. Few large group terrace tables. Small indoor tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in Studio CityveterandinerVIPDined on 11/5/2014The place is charming, in a caught in your grand ma's attic type of way. The outdoor patio in back is very nice. The menu tends to be a bit meat heavy and though it is a Lebanese restaurant, don't expect falafels, they don't offer them. The corkage fee is $20., seems high to me. What this restaurant offers wasn't what we had hoped. There are now so many great restaurants in Studio City, we won't be back.Special Features:
- neighborhood gemrhonachkaVIPDined on 11/5/2014Tasty food, especially the stuffed eggplant. Lovely ambiance, sitting out on the patio. Best for dinner - more romantic.Special Features:
- Still Dreaming About My Meal...ladyZVIPDined on 11/1/2014OMG the meal was so delicious I’m still dreaming about it. My friend and I started off with the Hummus w/ filet mignon and the Hot Feta, both very good. Dinner we had the Lamb Chops and Yogurt Kabab. The lamb chops melted in your mouth (although you just have to make sure they don’t skimp you on the serving size) one looked like it was no meat on the bone. I had been looking forward to a mouth watering Ground Beef Kabab and happily they came through with flying colors. Next time I need to order two (one to take home). The only thing that was disappointing was the extremely slow service. Took 15 minutes just to get our glasses of water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!rhonachkaVIPDined on 10/18/2014Food (especially the stuffed eggplant) was outstanding. Great ambiance. Lovely patio. Atmosphere, charming and relaxed. Waiter was expert -- attentive and never made us feel rushed. A real neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- Great food. Poor service.OutWithJoDined on 10/14/2014We ate at Mantee on a Tuesday night. When we first walked in the door, we were a little concerned because there are very few tables and only one was occupied. But they took us to the outdoor area in back and it was lovely. Lots of heaters to make sure we were comfortable and a lovely setting. Our waiter, however, was something else. We're not sure if he was moonlighting from his normal job as a used car dealer or what, but he was very pushy every time he came by the table, which wasn't very often. The food was great and delivered by others, so it arrived piping hot. We would go again to Mantee, but we would try to do it on a night with a different waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- U gonna luv itDiningTroglodyteDined on 10/7/2014The waiter was very friendly, but a tad pushy in his recommendations. We succumbed to a recommendation and were very pleased by the selection, but... We love the place and will return. The food is good, it's a charming place and the crew is personable and accommodating.Special Features:
- Truly Great!!!AprylDined on 9/24/2014Their food is so spectacular that I am still thinking about it. Very unusual dishes that are truly delicious. Unusual decor inside and out that made me feel like I left the country for the evening.Special Features:
- Great FindEatsalot79Dined on 9/4/2014The food here is amazing. Absolutely recommend. Not a one bad dish. Good service and the outside enclosed patio and garden area gives it a welcoming environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodharsueDined on 8/27/2014Food was excellent, service very good. Prices good. We were a party of 5, had a nice round table. I had the eggplant appetizer as a main course. Others had pasta - all outstanding. One person had sole, it was good, but nothing special. Overall, I would recommend and would definitely return.Special Features:
- Delicious Armenian Cuisine!MizKatzVIPDined on 8/10/2014We happened to be staying up the street from Mantee and decided to give it a try -- I'm so glad we did! The food was fresh and delicious, the service very friendly and efficient. The portions are very generous. Two in our party had the chicken kebabs and I had the spinach mantee dish. We shared a dish of the best tabouli I've had in a long time. If I ever return to this area, I will dine here again!Special Features:
- The following 162 reviews are from the Mantee Cafe reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014Charming restaurant spot, delicious mediterranean food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loveseatingoutVIPDined on 7/10/2014food was fresh and fine. our main waiter seemed distracted and a little upset. when he got an order wrong, he was annoyed. he leaned in to hear and his breath stunk of cigarettes. other waiters helped.. but seeing the staff smoking just outside the door of the patio just doesn't feel clean in 2014.
- Amazing!NurseAlinaDined on 7/6/2014Everything is amazing. The hot feta is to die for and the Mantee perfect. I can't stop going back to this place. It is my favorite place. The owner is such a nice guy and he makes you feel like you're home having dinner with your familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wolfemanVIPDined on 7/5/2014The food was very good but typical for Middle Eastern. I would not say it was the best I have eaten but it was better than average. The atmosphere made up for what the food was missing. From the front door most people would say they would not even go inside to eat. But as you go in, the place leads you to a very quant open garden patio to eat in. It is a place I would go back to again.Special Features:
- Hidden Gem!Sarah454Dined on 6/19/2014Had a wonderful dinner on the back patio with a group of 6! The food was excellent - loved the bread w/ the dark sesame dip that they bring and we also had the hot feta, an amazing hummus w/ walnuts & pomegranite (yum!) and the yogurt dip. For entrees we had a bunch of different kabobs w/ rice, and the Mantee special (the little ravioli things that were amazing). All in all, the meal was fantastic! The service was a little scattered - w/ different waiters and some confusion during the meal and w/ the bill - but it was okay, we were enjoying the company and the lovely patio!Special Features:
- Great experiencethatindianfamilyDined on 6/15/2014great, innovative menu; amazing food. great ambience as well, and very friendly service. the manager is a very interesting guy and he talks good naturedly to all the guests. you feel like a regular on your first visit. once again, great food and great service, will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Best in neighborhoodGoldengangVIPDined on 6/6/2014This is our go to place in Studio City. Consistently delicious food with the friendliest service around. The back patio is charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience and wine, food so-soyummerDined on 6/6/2014I went for the first time this week. We ordered Hummus, hot feta, and fatuous salad. Nothing really stood out as particularly good except for the wine. We ordered a glass of red and a glass of white. Wish I could remember the names but the wine was outstanding.Special Features:
- Jo LaMondBinoDined on 5/31/2014At the front door we thought: This is it? For our anniversary? Entering was not much better. A small cafe. Albeit with charm. An inviting staffer showed us to the garden and voila: it was warm, pleasant, comfortable. Instant happiness. The owner, the waiters, were especially considerate. Then the food came: Magic. Just phenomenal. This is rated one of the best (if not THE best) in Studio City. And it is not for nothing. A fantastic find.Special Features:
- Just what we were looking forDankeDined on 5/31/2014We had a nice romantic dinner. Great suggestions and attention from the wait staff. Beautiful outdoor patio that would also be nice with a moderately sized group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findFoodie2Dined on 5/22/2014Small neighborhood cafe that has a wonderful patio dining area. The food was wonderful. We really liked the house specialty mantee the cream sauce was delightful. The service was prompt, the wine list is small but well selected and the prices are fair. The owner stopped by our table for a short chat, that added to a wonderful dining experience. Great place for a meal if going to Hollywood bowlSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not sure about Mr. Gold's recSallypDined on 5/20/2014Normally Jonathan Gold is spot on but I think he might have missed something at Mantee Cafe. Maybe he needed it to get to 101 restaurants but it was not special at all. The service was abysmal and the food did not make up for it, although it was solid. The place settings were not clean and the proprietor argued with me about it. I asked for him to turn on the heater and he argued with me about that too. After we were done with our entrees (very clearly done; plates empty and fork and knife in closing position) our table was not cleared for at least 30 minutes and that was only after we begged. I can only guess that somehow (?) they were not prepared for the increase in business after making Gold's list. But that's odd too.
- Not All ThatThejaxDined on 5/18/2014We were disappointed in the food. Maybe we ordered the wrong thing but food was hit you over the head spicy, boiled tomatoes bland, tabouleh mostly had parsley with hardly any tomatoes. And it was pricier than we had anticipated. Place magnificent in atmosphere and fun waiter. Won't return.Special Features:
- Amazing staff!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/9/2014Can't describe how incredible the staff/waiters were... One of a kind experience..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Armenian Cuisinepm61Dined on 5/4/2014My daughter and I had dinner here at the recommendation of my colleague who is Armenian. She told me about the special authentic Armenian dishes that they prepare. It was absolutely delicious. Everything we ordered was wonderful and our server was terrific. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceJuju88Dined on 4/29/2014This restaurant was so good. I tried the Sjuk Quail Eggs OMG to die for. I would recommend this place to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely patio diningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/23/2014The patio here is wonderful for lunch. They have taken down the tree that was the centerpiece but have added umbrellas so there is plenty of shade. The food is always good here and the wait staff are attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SLOW SERVICENewMamaVIPDined on 3/21/2014All we got to try this time was the dolma (great as usual), served cold with yogurt and the dessert, heavenly.
- Quaint and stylish, uniqueJS22Dined on 3/9/2014Great place! Unique atmosphere, non descript from the outside, but cozy and charming with a nice outdoor patio. The food was terrific and the waiters were attentive and professional. I would go back again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance and foodlaeaterDined on 2/23/2014Great place for great atmosphere and really homey Middle Eastern fare. Their meats were soft and offerings a little out of the ordinary. The manager also seemed really interested in helping us learn more about the culture where the food came from. My only complaint, it seems that the pace of service is a bit slow. We went into the restaurant but had to wait a few minutes while everyone was attending to someone else. There were only about two people who seemed to have the authority to seat people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night RomanceDanshariDined on 2/22/2014The restaurant offered a fun and intimate setting with great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time eating Mediterranean...Edznotw88Dined on 2/14/2014...and it was awesome! Would definitely visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceAngelaVIPDined on 2/14/2014I like this restaurant, but my only complaint is that they have no Vegetarian entree's. The only things that are vegetarian are the appetizers :-(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ManteeArtzDined on 2/14/2014The food was very good. Setting was romantic. I love cozy places like this. Easy to find street parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok food, great service808eatzVIPDined on 12/31/2013I was very surpised that the food was just ok, after all the rave reviews. I had the stuffed eggplant which was tasty, but so cold I think some of the flavors were stifled. Same with the stuffed grape leaves. I know they were meant to be served cold, but it was like eating food straight from the fridge. The plate presentations were very pretty, and service was friendly and attentive. The environment was really cute. Too bad the food was just ok. The chicken kabob was in fact very good, but for the price, 4 bites was a little dissapointing.
- DelightfulLuvDiningOutVIPDined on 12/21/2013Delicious mix of Armenian and Lebanese food, very flavorful, fresh and healthy. Quaint, intimate dining rooms w/ a nice outdoor patio in back. Very friendly and prompt service. A warm and pleasing experience all around.Special Features:
- Mantee-licious!!BrunchVIPDined on 11/9/2013Really nice early Saturday night dinner at 6:30. Too chilly for the patio tho they had a few heaters. Indoors really nice decor, tho will get noisy with a boisterous full house. Service out of this world - servers and bus staff always coming around, checking, helping, laughing. You didn't have just one server, you had the whole crew! Great place to share mezze appetizers. Main entrees limited but were dee-licious ( Mantee-licious! ). Special desserts were pricey but absolutely unique, could easily be shared among four people. When most of the food were mezze plates shared among four, with two entrees shared among four, and a dessert, the final tally was amazingly low for the quality and the experience. Give it a try, go early, you'll enjoySpecial Features:
- Unexpected GemMrsKShellVIPDined on 10/31/2013We were on business in Universal City and wanted a restaurant that was not a chain. We booked Mantee on the recommendation of other Open Table diners and were very pleasantly surprised. We had a lovely patio table out back on a beautiful sunny day. Our server was wonderful and our lunch special plates were delicious and plentiful. We would definitely return on our next visit. The inside dining room looked small so be patient if the back patio is not open.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!LulusingsDined on 10/12/2013Love this family-run place -- they are lovely, and the food is phenomenal and unusual -- I've been eating Lebanese food my whole life and this place introduced to me some great dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.