Mansurs On the Boulevard
5720-A Corporate Blvd
Baton Rouge, LA 70808Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Mansurs On the Boulevard
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mansursontheboulevard.com/
- Phone: (225) 923-3366
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm-10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Cajun, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Chris Motto
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Your place or ours, MANSURS has an array of different packages. We do on-site and off-site catering. No party is too large or too small, and we are happy to work within your budget. Please call us for details.
- Private Party Facilities: MANSURS on the BOULEVARD has private dining options available for groups of 11-78 people. With four separate banquet rooms to choose from, Cypress Rooms 1, 2 and 3 and our cozy Wine Room, we’re sure to have the perfect space for you. We offer a variety of set menu options for private gatherings and encourage groups of 14 or more to set a banquet menu for lunch or dinner (although off-menu is also welcome). If any further information is needed, a manager is always on duty here at the restaurant for immediate service.
- Private Party Contact: Brandon McDonald 2259233366
- Entertainment: Our restaurant provides a local pianist in the main dining area. Ms. Jo Garner plays Monday through Saturday night, and Sunday for brunch. Her music sets a calm and comfortable atmosphere, and she is always excited to play a special request.
A word from Mansurs On the Boulevard
MANSURS on the BOULEVARD has been a Baton Rouge tradition for over 21 years. Our cuisine is true to Louisiana, and it is combined with a Contemporary French flare. We have a full service lounge area complete with a beautiful mahogany bar for more casual dining and a nightly pianist in the main dining area for a more intimate atmosphere. Our menu serves the largest selection of fresh fish in Baton Rouge, as well as delicious steaks, seafood & our acclaimed Duck Mansur. Local favorites are our famous Charbroiled Oysters, grilled before your eyes behind the bar, and our Cedar Roasted Redfish. Whether you are looking for the casual night out, an intimate dinner, or a formal/business private gathering, MANSURS on the BOULEVARD is the place for you. Contact us directly if you have any special requests or questions in general. Cheers!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Mansurs On the Boulevard - Best Restaurants in Baton Rouge ›
Mansurs On the Boulevard reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (37)romantic (32)fit for foodies (30)notable wine list (19)good for groups (15)great for lunch (15)great for brunch (13)neighborhood gem (11)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Always Consistently GoodJohnhVIPDined on 11/20/2014Had clients in form out of town staying at nearby hotel. They wanted to taste some La. Cuisine. Started with a dozen grilled oysters and duck spirng rolls. Followed up with gumbo and grilled fish on plank. Service was excellent. Only complaint was that the piano playing that starte around 7pm was too loud and mae business conversation difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outJasonDined on 11/19/2014Excellent service and everything we had was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Firs time will not be the lastVintagemanDined on 11/14/2014Pleasant surprise to find even after others had highly recommended this spot to us. Elegant without going overboard and casual in a southern "formal" sort of way too. Service was southern style spin on and we looked at the divine dessert menu while taking home some leftovers. We promised ourselves dessert on a return visit. Stuffed mushrooms, crab with Brie soup, Redfish planked, Veal Oscar and Pasta Alfreadeaux were the bill of fare this evening. All were prepared well and we generous in portions. Redfish was firm, flaky and fresh and had added lump crab. The drink menu had some interesting offerings of cocktails like the Horse With No Name. Wines by the glass had a three tier pricing structure so you could go low, medium and high High end liquor a also offered. We will return and pace ourselves to get to dessert and Community Coffee. Well done MOTB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pushy waitressBandoVIPDined on 11/5/2014Pushed appetizer, wine and her tip....was very short when you asked about the food. 18~20% was forced on the tip. No other option on Bill. Never again.Special Features:
- Usually very goodMommy18Dined on 10/31/2014We were glad they were open as late as they were. We usually enjoy this restaurant a lot, but Friday night the food was OK. I got the trout, which was somewhat salty and the roasted red pepper soup was thick and a little pasty. My husband got the duck and it was a little tough with way too much plum sauce on it...the flan was not very good, but the wine was great, the pianist was awesome and the atmosphere was good.Special Features:
- Superb Service!supersteakDined on 10/31/2014The service was outstanding! We had a Fri. 8:30 pm reservation. We enjoyed our appetizers (chargrilled oysters & crab/shrimp brie soup) more than our entrees-lobster & seafood pasta. Prices are reasonable w/great portion sizes.I would recommend this to a friend.
- JaneDJaneDDined on 10/29/2014Had a wonderful meal for my birthday! Husband let them know when making reservation & waiter brought out bread pudding with candle- what a nice surprise. Chargrilled oysters are wonderful- Brie and crab soup is the best I have ever tasted! Redfish on plank for entree is wonderful with crabmeat- serving is very large. I definitely recommend and hope to go again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014This restaurant was absolutely amazing and the service is spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Date SpotNickDined on 10/3/2014Mansurs On The Boulevard is a nice date spot, definitely unique compared to other nice restaurants in Baton Rouge. Waiters definitely know their wine lists and menu items well.Special Features:
- ExpensiveBdaygirlDined on 10/3/2014The food was pretty good but pricey. Really good service and great atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AfterLSUgameNewBobbyVanGrillfanDined on 9/27/2014Had not been here in quite a while, but was wowed by the elegant interior. Menu had ample choices to accommodate our party of 5. Shrimp and grits was the best choice, but the lettuce wedge salad was one of the best we have ever eaten. We won't wait so long to return next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoGoSpinArtOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/22/2014Service is great. Entrees are super. The spinach artichoke dip appetizer was a total disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steaks in townSmarttoddyVIPDined on 9/21/2014best steaks and great salmon as well on the $25 lunch special! Includes salad, vegetable and a cold drink (non alcoholic)Special Features:
- BuffaloDined on 9/17/2014I have been a customer at Mansur's for years and have never been the least bit unhappy. Very reliable and probably the best all-around restaurant in Baton Rouge for fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great family brunchLMRONEVIPDined on 9/7/2014We had a wonderful family brunch. This is truly "upscale" creole food - although some foodies might find the chicken fried bacon and the deep fried deviled eggs a bit over the top. We shared these unusual items and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Everything was very well prepared. A notable favorite was the redfish on a plank. Not the freshest decor, but very acceptable. Enjoyed the live piano during our meal, too. One of the best restaurants in Baton Rouge for sure.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014new server was only downside. everything else was excellent.Special Features:
- PBB60Dined on 8/29/2014Over all, the food was great and you did not have to ask for a waiter. If I took my second to the last swallow of my drink , he would come by and ask if I needed another. The piano player was great. I tipped her a little and asked her to play a couple of songs that I liked and she played them without missing a note. These songs were my mothers favorite ones also, who passed away three years ago. touched my heart and we will come back and bring another couple with us. At first we were seated in the back corner and could not see the piano. I asked the waiter if we could be moved, and without a hesitation he moved us where we could see the piano.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great salads!amilanoDined on 8/26/2014Both myself and the other diner both ordered salad and we couldn't stop raving about how delicious they were! I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Always a great dining choiceKenFVIPDined on 8/15/2014Mansurs is one of our top choices in BR when we want "fine dining". Always an excellent choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantlocoengineerDined on 8/9/2014This restaurant is perfect for taking your wife when you want to make her feel appreciated. It has the perfect ambiance with the lighting and the piano player. The food is excellent as well as the service.Special Features:
- Enjoyed LunchWineSnobDined on 8/8/2014My best friend and I had a nice quite lunch. Food was great, service was excellent. Good Time was had by all.Special Features:
- Great GrouperJD2cMMDined on 8/3/2014We had the visiting fish a la'Cocodrie and it was wonderful!Special Features:
- Great for Couples and Families18andCountingDined on 8/2/2014This was our second time here, but our first time for dinner service; it did not disappoint. Our server was awesome. She upsold us so well we didn't mind at all. In fact, my wife and where so please with her service and suggestions we remarked about it the entire evening. Her suggestions were spot on and the special touches were appropriate and welcomed. This was a great way to spend our 18th wedding anniversary and started us off on a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 170 reviews are from the Mansurs On the Boulevard reviews archive.
- An Afternoon EscapePawpawBDined on 7/27/2014Our Sunday Brunch at Mansurs was an escape from our hectic week. The menu selection contained old favorites and numerous bold new adventures in dining. The waitstaff was on top of their game and the piano music added to the ambience. We shall return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014wonderful place to meet friends or for special occasions-Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014This was my first time dining at Mansurs and it was great. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was nice. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What you should orderAnniversarycoupleDined on 7/19/2014Although we ordered two of Mansur's most featured items, the Duck Mansur and the Cedar Plank Redfish, I would not reorder them. However, I will definitely go back and order the Chargrilled Oysters. They were out of this world delicious! The bread pudding and cheesecake were both great. The bartender also made me an excellent French Martini. My husband and I will definitely go going back. But the oysters will be our main course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great servicefoodjunkieDined on 7/18/2014The food was excellent! Our server, Ricky was very nice and made great suggestions. Will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KillerpaydoDined on 7/18/2014The food was outstanding and the staff was delightfulSpecial Features:
- jatwnfDined on 7/18/2014It was a perfect way to celebrate a special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mansur's has been betterEatsoutoftenVIPDined on 7/16/2014I have been to this restaurant many times, I was disappointed with the level of service and quality of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal!TKaeDined on 7/16/2014Mansur's is and always has been a favourite of mine. I really enjoy it's atmosphere. The food is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will go again.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014We had a great meal in a very comfortable environment. Service was good and polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good contemporary foodbradsiffVIPDined on 7/15/2014Enjoyed the food, service was not attentive but fine. I would go back next time I'm in Baton Rouge on business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceKarenVIPDined on 7/13/2014We had brunch at Mansur's and had an excellent experience. The drinks, food and service were outstanding. We had a great time chatting with our very friendly waiter, who knew the menu and could recommend off menu items as well. Recommended!Special Features:
- Excellent DinnerEatinggood27Dined on 6/19/2014The Cedar Plank Red Fish was Outstanding!! Can't wait to be back in BR to have it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfied our taste budssynapseDined on 6/15/2014Many restaurants in Baton Rouge (and New Orleans) have disappointed us. For this reason, we did not have high expectation. But we were wrong. Even in the summer, they provided good charbroiled oysters with crab lump. Egg rolls were very normal, although fruity sauces were impressive (my wife said too sweet). My duck was perfectly cooked (soft and moist) covered by fruity sauces. My wife's red fish was pretty good, too. We also loved grits on the side. The service was prompt and friendly. Definitely, we will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousFoodie1VIPDined on 6/8/2014We had a celebration brunch here last Sunday and it was excellent. The service was superb and the food and drinks were great.Special Features:
- Excellent atmosphere and foodKatieDined on 6/4/2014We had a girls lunch and thoroughly enjoyed our experience. The wait staff was professional and quite knowledgeable about the menu. The food was exceptional. I have been there numerous times and have always had fabulous food and wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best Restaurants in TownLive4steakDined on 5/11/2014We took my mother here for Mother's Day since it is her favorite restaurant in Baton Rouge and rightfully so! My gumbo and filet was as good as I've ever tasted and my brother is in love with the duck Mansur's, gets it every time! Both my mother and step father had the fish selections and they were amazing as well! I would definitely recommend this place to anyone for any occasion or just a great dinner out!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.