Manresa - Los Gatos
320 Village Lane
Los Gatos, CA 95030Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Manresa - Los Gatos
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.manresarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (408) 354-4330
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday through Sunday, dinner from 5:30 p.m.; cocktails from 5:15 pm. Price: $125 and Over - For more details please contact the restaurant.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Kinch
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Introducing a new dimension to the Manresa experience. David Kinch brings the best of Manresa to you and your guests at your location. Now the pleasures of dining at Manresa can be designed for your private entertaining with all of the elements of a special evening at Manresa. A memorable meal can be customized to suit your personal expression of warm and generous hospitality. Inquire about bringing Manresa to your environment by contacting Esteban Garibay.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact Manresa.
- Private Party Contact: Esteban Garibay 4083544330x
- Entertainment: • Corkage is $75 for each 750 ml bottle, with a limit of 4 bottles per table. We will gladly waive one corkage for each 750 ml bottle purchased.
• Manresa offers a Bar Bites menu served in the lounge for $58 per person.
- Special Events: Our highly acclaimed cookbook, Manresa: An Edible Reflection, is available for sale at the restaurant and online. For more information on the cookbook or to order your copy, visit Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Indiebound, iBooks, or your favorite online retailer.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: After 6:00 p.m., free parking is available in the parking lot of Bank of the West, adjacent to Manresa. Free parking is also available at all times in the public parking lot directly behind Manresa. There is also street parking on North Santa Cruz Avenue and Village Lane.
A word from Manresa - Los Gatos
Manresa is the showcase for the inventive cuisine of Chef-Proprietor David Kinch. Chef Kinch and the Manresa team find inspiration from European traditions and refinement, American ingenuity and the vast bounty that California has to offer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Manresa - Los Gatos reviews from OpenTable diners
1 review since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance5Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/30/2014Restaurant is closed due to a fire. It may reopen in 3 - 4 months.Special Features:
- DrceatsVIPDined on 7/23/2014I am sure it would have been great if it had not burned down. Would love to schedule a new reservation if we could.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting experienceSainDined on 7/2/2014We ate here as part of our anniversary celebration. The food was exquisite as well as the service. The service can feel a bit over the top, but you're there to be pampered. The food was interesting and tasteful. We tried to take the time to understand it but I'm afraid I don't fully get some of it. :) We had to rush the last few courses due to a 3 month old baby at home and the staff was very accommodating. We are very sorry to hear about the fire, which occurred about a week after our meal. We wish Manresa the best in recovering.Special Features:
- As Good As the First TimesuszzVIPDined on 6/29/2014We have been dining at Manresa for special celebrations for the past several years. On Sunday, we were pleasantly surprised with a new format of one tasting menu and a list of ingredients. We have seen this format in many fine restaurants in NYC and Napa. We were not disappointed at Manresa. This format has allowed the staff to be more creative and imaginative. The courses were flavorful and artfully presented. I especially liked the "Into the Vegetable Garden" presentation. The first appetizers and the last desserts were certainly a juxtaposition of flavors and clever way to end the meal. It was certainly one of the best meals we have had at ManresaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/27/20143 star michelin quality without the pretense. the right intentionality and commitment to producing an exceptional dining experience based on exceptional quality and wholesome ingredients, superb preparation and excellent service. refreshingly imaginative. not fussy. clever ideas that work. a true culinary adventure. vegetable centric w sufficient protein. portion sizes that make sense. one of the best dining experiences in the USA. obviously a labor of love to be proud of. expensive as one would expect from such an endeavor!Special Features:
- another amazing experienceDianeT1VIPDined on 6/27/2014The creativity and perfection of each dish is so amazing at Manresa. David Kinch never ceases to interpret the dining experience to include all the senses~Special Features:
- Manresa-truly unique diningReady4funDined on 6/26/2014A unique dining experience, with unbelievable service and a relaxed atmosphere. Combined with a pleasant ambiance and quiet enough for conversation. The tasting menu exposes a variety of never to be experienced elsewhere combinations of items that David Kinch has selected for the evening. We did not try the wine menu because we don't drink alcohol, but have been told it it above average also. For special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodisadventurefoodisadventureDined on 6/25/2014We have been dining at Manresa since it opened in Los Gatos (11 years). The food has always been innovative, beautiful, and delicious, and the service is professional, friendly, and impeccable. Our recent dinner was perhaps the very best so far. We feel fortunate to have such an excellent restaurant in our area. If we were awarding Michelin stars, we would give three!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014Such a great spot to make a memory. My fiancé and I had the most incredible time talking as the staff served each dish effortlessly - making it special by allowing us to focus on each other and the food, which grew progressively greater with each plate- we found ourselves discussing each dish - reminding us of the past year- just an awesome night of food as art- hospitality as a memory maker. Highly recommended. ( local ingredients, by the way, showing off the local produce and seafood)Special Features:
- OutstandingThomasBorganDined on 6/19/2014Simply delicious and amazing. Overall professional.I would recommend this to a friend.
- As expected: WonderfullOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/19/2014Each time I bring a guest to Manresa the experince of great foods, great wines, and personalized service gets better and better. Expensive. Yes, but very much worth it. David Kinch is a master of surprising combinations of foods that delight. Small portions with complex layers of flavors, that are brought out with the wines suggested by course. I would highly recommend the tasting menu with the premium wine paring. The perfect place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bread, gastronomy, and moreParserooDined on 6/19/2014Manresa is not inexpensive, and if you would like a much less expensive tasting, just try their bread at one of the two (Campbell and Palo Alto) farmers markets they serve it at. My family spends copious amounts of money acquiring said bread and devouring it ourselves, and giving it away to others for them to be awed by. Then we went to Manresa itself for dinner. Insanely, one of the breads was better than all the insanely great breads you can get at the farmer's market. I asked for a dozen to go, but by the end of the night, there were none to go, so however cordial the staff was, my request could not be fulfilled. That is just the bread. The rest of Manresa is epic gastronomy without the ridiculous distillation. Go if you can.Special Features:
- OverwhelmingOverwhelmedDined on 6/18/2014This restaurant is an experience for those who are very willing to try any type of food. The items served are gorgeous. I would have liked more explanation of the ingredients. Service was impeccable. Very expensive. Didn't know that there was a much less expensive option. I would have done that instead of spending 4 times the amount for the experience.Special Features:
- AMAZING!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/14/2014Lived up to the hype and worthy of it's Michelin stars.Special Features:
- creative and first classChicagoCaliforniaVIPDined on 6/13/2014While the restaurant is lovely, the service impeccable, the wine pairings delightful, the dishes incredibly fresh and creative; it wasn't all I would have liked more flavor.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/11/2014Amazing! Not good value for what was served...lots of herbs and vegetable based bites. But the creativity and flavors were very good and interesting. Service fabulous. Bread amazing. Desserts were delicious and varied. Veery expensive!Special Features:
- Special Night OutdatenightVIPDined on 6/8/2014I was excited to try Manresa again, I was there prior to the remodel a few years back. I am a big fan of veggies and was eager to try the dishes at Manresa given that they are very picky about their produce and what they serve. The food was amazing! I also had the premium wine pairing which was fabulous as well. The dessert (cherry chocolate) was impossible not to finish. The only reason I gave 4 out of 5 on the service was because it didn't seem like we had 1 dedicated server, our dishes were served by a number of different people and I really enjoy when the server explains the dish to me when they deliver it and I just didn't feel like that was a focus. It wasn't bad service by any means, just a personal preference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Toooooo expensive for the qualityFoodieLadyDined on 6/7/2014We were served about 7-8 courses (I lost track). For a few of those courses, we were served small plates/bowls of herbs, edible flowers with a little sauce or something at the bottom! While the flavors were somewhat interesting (salty, sweet, etc) for $190 per person we expected a more spectacular taste experience. A couple of the courses were excellent, like the Halibut. We are total foodies and we've been to many spectacular restaurants around the world. This wasn't one of them. The service was outstanding. The ambience is beautiful. Understated elegance! But for us, it's all about the food. I won't go back for at least a couple of years to give it another try. May be a new chef or new menu makes a difference.
- Amazing creativitylilanaVIPDined on 6/6/2014The location is magical. The service the minute we walked in was great.......actually BEFORE we walked in as they'd called to get some details about my daughter's vegetarian requirements.....and they also knew I'd left a message just an hour earlier saying that she also eats fish. Impressive. We had AMAZING handmade cocktails in the bar. With each course, we simply shook out heads at the creativity that had gone into the creation and combination of the seasonal availabilities. Food great; service impeccably choreographed and smooth as silk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/5/2014I found Manresa overly pretentious. The staff (unlike that of a two- or three-star French restaurant) was too obviously around, bothersome in their presence. Worse, they were automaton-like, without the excitement and love of food that good restaurant staff radiates. An exception was the sommelier. Food was good but certainly not deserving of the website and press hype. My impression was that the chef was trying too hard to be avant-garde. Please share this with the restaurant.
- Wow!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/4/2014Manresa was far and above the most enjoyable, interesting, creative meal I've ever had. The anticipation of each course and the satisfaction with the quality and presentation of the food was truly amazing! The cost will prohibit regular visits, but try it if you can, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Amazing food, great servicedebaserVIPDined on 5/30/2014We had the May spring menu, and it was delicious and even astounding throughout. Unique flavors, lovely presentation, and very fitting for the season. Everything felt very fresh. The service is also worth noting. We had in our group a few allergic persons and others with specific requirements with regards to what they can or cannot eat, and even though the tasting menu is set, our requirements were met without a hitch, and we felt there was no problem accommodating our needs. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Don't go here hungryDinerdebraDined on 5/30/2014Small portions over 3+ hours, big prices. Consider myself a bit of a foodie, not cheap & not a complainer, however this was not a favorable dining experience. Not much substance at all. Artsy yes. Service fantastic.Special Features:
- Just a guestNoNamesDined on 5/24/2014I have never finished 12 courses tasting menu dinner being hungry. The dishes were so small, they could have served them in spoons. And the quality was very poor. The chef probably thinks he was very original, but it was rather pathetic. Waste of time and money.
- World-ClassJPSFDined on 5/24/2014David Kinch, Manresa's chef-owner, and his entire team, deliver an exquisite dining experience. With 2 Michelin stars, he deserves 3. The food is imaginative but not extreme. For example, cod fish in a light but flavorful Wagyu jus was an enlightenment with a Rochioli Pinot Noir. Jeff Barreilles among the best sommeliers in the country, pairing wine and food with brilliance and precision. The elegant, quiet room will make an entire evening go by with langorous pleasure, and the timing of courses is prescient. Manresa is, without question, a "destination" restaurant (book local hotels, albeit mediocre, early; there are one or two wonderful local places for brunch). Even San Franciscans should make the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Michelin two-starOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/23/2014Solid Michelin two-star meal, experimental without going overboard. An irritating minus is that they just keep the water coming. We ended up with a $40 bill for water because nobody bothered to check along the way. (Manresa folks, look to The French Laundry: they have their own exceptionally good water and wisely elect not to charge for it.)Special Features:
- Outstanding.ChrisDined on 5/23/2014Manresa deserves all of its many accolades. Food is inventive, creative, but most importantly, delicious. We took our five year old daughter (a well-mannered and experienced diner), and the restaurant didn't miss a beat. They customized a shorter version of their menu, offered many thoughtful additions throughout our meal, and when she began to get sleepy after 3 1/2 hours of food opulence, they asked if we would like our last dessert course packed to go. Chef Jessica personally introduced the "Into the Garden" course, and offered us a brief tour of the kitchen, which only impressed us more. We've been to several "world-class" restaurants, and I can't think of any I'd rather revisit. Simply outstanding, start to finish, in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fine dininggraphicsManDined on 5/23/2014I think that so far, Manresa has been our best fine-dining experience in the South Bay. The dishes were adventurous, and we liked most of the courses. A few of the courses were both delicious and very creative. One of our favorites was a dish that looked like a garden, complete with (yummy) dirt :) We'll very likely be back.Special Features:
- an ample sufficiencyscotDined on 5/14/2014If the menu (and cost) shrunk to 7 courses from 11, I would be even more content.Special Features:
- Special occasionFoodie4VIPDined on 5/10/2014A 3 hr dinner but time seemed to fly! Courses are very well-paced. Great variety of flavors; only wished we got a little more protein (had 3 fish portions and 1 lamb). Service was flawless. Will have to save up for the next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2014We had the 15 course tasting menu (spring) which was amazing. Service was exceptional. You need to be aware of what you are going in for. For instance there were a couple of dishes that were seafood or fish. My wife doesn't care too much for seafood/fish - so she was hesitant at first, but the food was great. I would suggest calling ahead to find out what the menu might contain. If you are not a picky eater and you are open to try the chef's vision, this is a great place. If you are a picky eater, then call ahead to find out if the tasting menu contains items you may not care for.Special Features:
- Very Special DinnerboochompDined on 5/3/2014This truly is the French Laundry of the south bay. When you sit at the table there is a list of ingredients that will be in your dishes, but no menu. The entire night is a surprise as Chef Kinch works his magic putting all of those fresh in season ingredients in to a fabulous 14 course meal. We were served 4 Amuse Bouche, 7 entrees and three desserts! Every dish was a surprise from flavors to plating. It truly is a special night.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/30/2014Excellent service, very accommodating, food was excellent, truly a dining experienceSpecial Features:
- An Oasisdesign4lifeDined on 4/27/2014This restaurant is tops in providing multiple, inventive, nutritious, beautiful, seasonal servings in portions and at a pace that leaves you feeling relaxed and well fed without being stuffed! The service was perfection, but with warmth and humor. The entire experience is an oasis of calm and lovely design. This is a special occasion place. Every time you are here, it would be a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMariaSVIPDined on 4/26/2014I had been very much looking forward to returning to Manresa. The first time I went there 4 years ago I judged the food to be complex but outstanding and probably the best in Northern CA. This time it resembled other 2-3 Michelin star restaurants - really well executed, mostly delicious but overly conceptual and fussy. One of the most memorable courses this time was the bread and butter - both phenomenal. That's the experience I associated with my first visit there - best in class flavor. I found parts of the dining experience annoying: not being given a menu, the $75 (!!) corkage. I'm sure Manresa will get its 3rd star but I'm sad it is sacrificing some of it's soul to get there.Special Features:
- AmazingicolDined on 4/26/2014Manresa was hands-down the best meal I've ever eaten. I had high expectations going in--I had been reading the new Manresa book and avidly followed chef Kinch in television appearances. But how good could it possibly be? Answer: way better than I could have possibly expected. Every aspect of the meal made me reconsider anything I thought I knew about food. While of course it is expensive (we had to save for several months for our dinner), it was worth every penny. Rather than a restaurant, it's more like going to an artist's studio or listening to your favorite band play an intimate live show. While the dishes are sophisticated and challenging, they're also inviting and honest. Do not allow yourself to die before eating here.Special Features:
- ExceptionalalegatagDined on 4/19/2014My brother in law had never set foot in the US, even though I had begged him to visit from Switzerland for the past 10 years. He's a foodie accustomed to dining at the best restaurants in Paris and all over Europe. He planned this trip around going to Manresa and was not disappointed. The food and the service were exceptional.Special Features:
- Manresa delivers the goodskpnitrealDined on 4/19/2014The service was amazing, like a finely orchestrated ballet. Food was to die for! Loved the creativity and beauty of the dishes. Fun to try combinations that I never would have imagined. Incredibly expensive, but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shermDined on 4/17/2014Way way overpriced. We had a $700 gift certificate and that was $150 short of total. Matching wine was mediocre. Most of food was avg. the bread was the best item on the menu. Would certainly never go back. Service was ok. Servers were polite and friendly. It took almost 4 hrs to complete dinner. We were sitting there waiting for the next course 75% of the time.
- GreatjphizzleDined on 4/13/2014I am not a foodie but my fiancee is. Tasted stuff I've never tasted before and it was quite good. Service was ridiculously good. Fiancee was very happy so I'm happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.