Manor Oktoberfest of Forest Hills
73-11 Yellowstone Blvd
Forest Hills, NY 11375Neighborhood:
GermanPrice: $30 and under
Manor Oktoberfest of Forest Hills
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.manoroktoberfest.com/
- Phone: (718) 544-2400
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday & Tuesday - Thursday: 12:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: German, American
- Executive Chef: Mark Gallagher
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: In addition to our wonderful Bavarian fare, Manor Oktoberfest of Forest Hills is home to a fabulous buffet-style private party room which holds up to 60 guests. The ambience is extraordinary. In daylight you’ll find yourself embracing the room's natural lighting and in the evening you'll enjoy fireside elegance. Consider Manor Oktoberfest of Forest Hills for your next personal or professional function and you find yourself very satisfied with your experience.
- Private Party Contact: Mark or Denise 7185442400
- Entertainment: Live music on Friday nights.
- Cross Street: Juno St. & Ingram St.
- Public Transit: By Subway/Bus Option 1: Take E/F/V/G/R to 71st/Continental Avenue station. Then either (a) take a short cab ride - there is a cab stand at the southwest intersection of Continental Ave. & Queens Blvd., or (b) take the Q23 Bus to 69th Ave. & Ingram St. Walk northwest 2 blocks up Ingram St. and make a left onto Yellowstone.
- Parking: Street Parking
A word from Manor Oktoberfest of Forest Hills
The big brother to its little sister at the Shops at Atlas Park in Glendale, Manor Oktoberfest Forest Hills is the newest addition to the Manor family. Offering up savory authentic German fare and a wide variety of the finest beers on tap and in bottle, Manor Oktoberfest Forest Hills provides an expanded menu in a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere. Manor Oktoberfest builds on the tradition of the Woodhaven staple, Manor Delicatessen, which is renowned for its high quality delicacies that bring a slice of Bavaria to Queens, owner Mark Gallagher brings forth the same high caliber offerings and service to his restaurant Manor Oktoberfest. Immerse yourself in the Bavarian atmosphere while relaxing with a beer and a bratwurst, or try the delicious sauerbraten, either way you won’t be sorry. Once you've experienced Manor Oktoberfest, you won't be surprised to find yourself a repeat customer!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Manor Oktoberfest of Forest Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (9)neighborhood gem (8)kid-friendly (7)fit for foodies (4)special occasion (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (3)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Returned On Purpose!JoAnnHBNYDined on 11/15/2014Was at a private party a few weeks ago. Loved the bar so decided to return for dinner. Authentic German menu but if you're not a red-meat eater, there were other choices. Service was good, drinks good, price reasonable, bustling atmosphere, and chef did a great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimjimDined on 10/17/2014Good food. Great 12-4:30. Specials for brunch. Service was great .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family: Pro or ConDennyVIPDined on 10/4/2014Great place for inexpensive but well prepared German food. The pea soup is especially amazing; wursts, pork loin, schnitzels all as good as you'll find at the far more expensive ZumStamtisch. Be warned that the tap beers -- huge selection, by the way -- come in half-liter, liter and even larger sizes. The half liter is enough for most humans. Service is terrific -- friendly, efficient, genuinely warm and welcoming. My only negative about the place: since it's a great place for families, there are too many little kids being loud and running around, totally out of their parents' control. It's nice there's a restaurant that will tolerate them, I guess, but it may drive most patrons to order another half liter!Special Features:
- ChickDined on 8/17/2014The wait staff is very friendly and accommodating. The food portion size is huge.Special Features:
- foodie25Dined on 8/16/2014the food was very good great service nice wine listSpecial Features:
- The following 42 reviews are from the Manor Oktoberfest of Forest Hills reviews archive.
- great for quick biteGP10Dined on 7/23/2014good service, good food, great specials. get the pancake samplerSpecial Features:
- Great PlaceNeighborhoodguy1Dined on 6/14/2014Past this place for years. Then friends said let's go for a drink for your birthday. I had no idea how much that I would enjoy the drink and food. The food might be German, but have a nice selection of pub food.Special Features:
- YummyHappyVIPDined on 5/10/2014Minus a few small issues, dinner was enjoyable. Only con is that very loud and noisy which makes it difficult to talk especially to older people with hearing problems.Special Features:
- Good harty German food.patcDined on 4/27/2014My mother just moved to Forest Hills and loves German food so I was happy to find the restaurant so close to her new apartment. The food and beer were just great. My only criticism is there was a party going on and there are lots of TV's pm every wall with a hockey game so the noise level was really high when we were there. The prices were very reasonable and food portions generous. Substitutions to the menu were allowed without an increase in price. This is not a special occasion restaurant but a good neighborhood especially if you like German food.Special Features:
- Great timeWoodhavenDined on 4/26/2014The food is always good and the service is always friendly. They always have a great beer selection and will help you find the right beer for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummmmmmHappyVIPDined on 4/26/2014Haven't been here in awhile, what a mistake on my part. This is going to be in my top 5 for great places to eat.Special Features:
- A good place for a stein of beertm1949VIPDined on 4/25/2014The portions are man-size, and the food is satisfying. It's comfort food: carbs from spaetzle and potato salad, and protein and from different wursts, and schnitzels that cover the entire plate. After an order of pierogies, and massive plates of meat, and really good German beer on tap, you never get to the desserts. A good place for a Friday evening, to kick back with a nice Pilsner, comfort food and a soccer game on the TV.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!DonfuciousDined on 4/6/2014We had a group of about 10-12 people for a birthday celebration. The food was fabulous. The beer selection is great (although I need nothing more than Spaten Oktoberfest in a 2 litre glass boot). The staff is as friendly as can be. It gets packed and busy, but the staff works their tail off and are very nice. We had tons of appetizers and they were all amazing. The bavarian pretzel is my favorite and has 3 phenomenal side dips for it - goose spread (an amazing goose fat-based butter), chicken liver pate, and beer cheese. You can't go wrong with any of them. The potato pancakes are above average. The Black Forest Smoked Bacon is amazing as well. The pierogis are a winner. Nothing was bad at all. I can't recommend it enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Genuine German foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/22/2014One of the best German dining experiences. Great food, in a comfortable environment. The pretzel and pate was amazing. Skip the desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good German FoodchrispyVIPDined on 3/18/2014They offer both sandwiches and full entrees. The pastrami is as good as you can get outside Manhattan. Entrees are very large, expect to take some home. Service has been variable in the past but fine during this visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good local favoritechrispyVIPDined on 3/9/2014This is a good restaurant if you are local to the place. There are places I would travel great distances to eat at and those that I'm thankful are down the street. This is the latter. The food, classic German, is very good if you like it. If not, there are very limited selections of other dishes. I like pastrami, spaetzle, schnitzel and German beer so I find the menu appealing. Those dishes are well prepared with ample portions. The service is mediocre. I dislike places where the staff tries to remember orders without writing anything down from a menu with many choices and add-ons for a table of 4. Invariably at least one person's order comes out wrong, which is what happened here on several occasions. Otherwise the place is enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dr. Jekyll / Mr. HydeMachoGuyDined on 2/14/2014We made reservations for Valentines Day at Manor Oktoberfest. I've been there probably close to ten times before. I decided to go here because of its perfect proximity between my home and the movie theater we went to see a movie. This time we waited close to 5 minutes to be seated. I was a bit surprised that the restaurant was nearly empty since it was a big holiday but it was also pretty late. Our host finally seated us. He was polite but soon seemed to overdo it a touch as he asked us if everything was fine about a dozen times from when we ordered drinks to apps to dinner. The disappointing part was the meal. In the past I had always gotten large portions. This time for $21 I got a filet of Jaegarschnitzel over a giant bed of potatos.
- Absolutely worth GOING!!BestEatz819Dined on 2/1/2014First time I went with my husband, we ABSOLUTELY loved the food, we were so very impressed with the inside of the restaurant, since its very deceiving from the outside, it doesn't look that big from the outside! once inside, it was so spacious & beautiful, so comfortable and the ambience was very nice! NOT TO MENTION THE FOOD WAS DEFINATELY WORTH GOING BACK AGAIN AND AGAIN FOR!! so much so we brought back my husbands sister, brother and their spouses and they LOVED IT!!! SO MUCH FOOD! had to bring some home so I could enjoy it again the next day TOO!!! The Staff were all great!!! We will definitely be going back for the best GERMAN FOOD we have had in a VERY LONG TIME!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visit- I will be back!PaullyzDined on 1/30/2014My family went to Manor Oktoberfest (Middle Village) on the advice of a friend. The food was great, the service was awesome. Great German food, Alot of variety. We stayed for about 3 hours + the staff never rushed us + were nothing but friendly + awesome. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was great as wascreativeDined on 1/16/2014The service was great as was the food. Our waiter was very nice and helpful in recommending our meals. I would definitely go back and recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- germanspskagsVIPDined on 12/28/2013Great for groups and to have those German beers you love Schnitzels were had by all the best around the one meatless person enjoyed perfectly cookwd fishSpecial Features:
- Lovely themed restaurantStrawberrygirlDined on 12/19/2013Munich-themed restaurant with great comfort food in a relaxed atmosphere. Best for dinner and beer with a bunch of friends. I love that the hearty food would usually call for a rowdy atmosphere but the place is relaxed enough for nice dinner conversation but energetic enough for boisterous laughter. They have changing dinner specials and the maître'd was very nice. Will definitely come back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like Being in MunichDennyVIPDined on 10/19/2013This is a great, family-friendly, moderately-priced German restaurant; very authentic in both food and ambiance. Excellent selection of beer; decent selection of wine; enormous portions. It's not elegant, but it's not trying to be. More raucous and festive. Maybe the best loin of pork, pea soup, and wursts in the borough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice for a casual restaurant.ChrisVIPDined on 9/14/2013Very nice for a casual restaurant. Solid food but not great. service was very friendly and efficient. Liked my fried flounder but would suggest more fish and less breading. Great beer list and lots of tv's for sports viewing. I would go backSpecial Features:
- Very good German food, whichOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/8/2013Very good German food, which is hard to find these daysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent. ThedbkonopkaDined on 9/1/2013The food was excellent. The place was extremely clean and the service was top notch. I am definitely going back and am already recommending this place to my friends.Special Features:
- GREAT SELECTION OF FOOD &RYELEYDined on 8/17/2013GREAT SELECTION OF FOOD & BEERS. FRIENDLY STAFF, FAST SERVICESpecial Features:
- We had a yummy chicken liverMamaVIPDined on 8/3/2013We had a yummy chicken liver paté (with sliced red onions and pickles) and a freshly made Oktoberfest pretzel with goose spread. I had a superb München Hofbräu Hefeweizen. The red cabbage was an excellent blend of sweet with sour. The yummy home fries had both regular and sweet potatoes. My Hungarian Schnitzel came in a delicious paprika sauce, with what was probably the best ever (perfectly tender yet quite firm) Spätzel, and a great pickled cucumber salad. (Incidentally, this place also has an extensive cellar of German and Austrian liqueurs and brandies.)Special Features:
- Always a winnerMaggyVIPDined on 7/27/2013This is our Go-to neighborhood restaurant. The food, service and beer list are all amazing. A sure winner!!!Special Features:
- Good food and beer. Good sizeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/30/2013Good food and beer. Good size portions. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Its was coolRickDined on 5/18/2013Service was ok we went on a Sunday which was quite slow. It was not as close to the train as I though so please drive to this spot. The waiter was friendly and knowlegdable about the menu. The entree was cool I had the pork bratwurst on a mountain of saurkraut. For dessert I hadthe apple steudal which was great. The German Beers were the best out of everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food.lionessDined on 5/18/2013Had dinner here with boyfriend for his birthday because he wanted German food. Our second time here and Manor Oktoberfest doesn't not disappoint. Food-great! Service-very attentive Atmosphere-alive and kicking- a happy place all around. Will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Friendly Food FindHerrSmittyDined on 5/18/2013This was our fourth visit to Manor in Forest Hills, and we have also dined at the Atlas Mall location. Each time we have been more than pleased with the food and the service. We arrived just before the dinner crowd started to build and had a choice of tables. By the time we left, the restaurant was packed. Last fall my wife who is of German descent had a "special" birthday (not telling how old!) and we chose to have her surprise party at Manor. It was a tremendous success. The guests all loved the food and the party room, and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okayGermanGrrlDined on 5/11/2013The prices are a bit high and the food is good but not amazing. The beer of course is very good also. Waitstaff were very pleasant.
- It was not as good as usual.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/28/2013It was not as good as usual. There were 7 of us and two dinners had to go back (they were very dry). Service was great and they did redo the dinners.
- Exactly what you think youOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/15/2013Exactly what you think you will find. Reasonable food at reasonable prices in a reasonable neighborhood. Good beer and pretzels. Great live bands sometimes!Special Features:
- Wonderful food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/16/2013Wonderful food, great service in a casual, friendly environment. What more could you ask for?Special Features:
- Definitely Go!joy202Dined on 1/4/2013The food and service were wonderful. The drinks were great too. I would definitely go back and would recommend it highly. My friend and I had the pork chops. We didn't eat the sauerkraut only because neither of us likes sauerkraut. It had nothing to do with Manor Oktoberfest. The potatoes were fantastic also. I have absolutely no complaints.Special Features:
- Never had German food beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/15/2012Never had German food before but if it all tastes like the meal we had @ Manor, I will be eating it more frequently! The liter glasses of beer are awesome and the desserts are delicious. We will be back!Special Features:
- Modest and unpretentious.DennyVIPDined on 12/15/2012Modest and unpretentious. Enormous quantities of food! Reasonable prices. Varied menu. Outstanding beer list.Special Features: