91 Elizabeth Avenue
Elizabeth, NJ 07206Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://manolosrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (908) 353-7674
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available for any event. Please inquire for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: Private events can be held at the restaurant for up to 100 guests.
A word from Manolo's Restaurant
"No restaurant in recent memory immediately underscored that feeling like Manolo's. It's as if you've walked from one movie set to another." "The restaurant is all about Old World sophistication -- white tablecloths, wooden tables, hushed tones. The service, too, is Old World -- attentive, sophisticated, solicitous and unobtrusive, such a refreshing counterpoint to the frequently too-casual American style." Teresa Politano, The Star-LedgerContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Manolo's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (11)fit for foodies (8)special occasion (7)good for groups (7)romantic (6)great for lunch (5)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- At the top of my favorites listTimRayVIPDined on 11/23/2014Manolo's is on my favorite list...hey, I got maarrived there. Great food, best service, good drinks, romantic and relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spanish gem minutes from GoethalsGreen411Dined on 11/9/2014Excellent spanish food seconds North of the Goethals. Very attentive service. Served by Jesus this past week. Extremely attentive. Paella not on menu but always available. Cooked and served in a paella pan. Customized any way you desire. Paella for 2 can easily feed 3 or more with a few sides or apps added on. Have been there for a recent special occasions. Our go to place. In the constructive criticism category, the Ceviche needed a little more seasoning. Splash of lemon and some salt did the trick. And the creme brulee custard was a bit too sweet and a relatively small quantity under the sugar crust. I know they are intentionally shallow custard cups on purpose. but... Absolutely return visits are in the very near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Spanish CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014We were were catching a red eye flight from EWR and found Manolos on open table. Off the beaten path in Elizabeth, a rare gem, authentic Spanish cuisine, great wine, and authentic real hospitality...I had a stuffed filet of sole that was perfectly done, an amazing chorizo appetizer, and a bottle of fine spanish red at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- Restaurant is always superbStevenjDined on 10/23/2014Went there for a birthday lunch. The service as usual, was impeccable. The food, fantastic - fried calamari was delicious, salads (which come with your meal) wonderful, and our entrees (stuffed shrimp and the swordfish special) were out of this world. I have been going to this restaurant for over 20 years and am never disappointed.Special Features:
- Nice and IntimateAnthonyRJDined on 10/18/2014I went there for my anniversary and requested a more private spot if available, which they were more than willing to do. The service was excellent, although i wasn't sure who my waiter was since everybody seemed to be stopping by and checking on us and asking if we were ready to order. The food was absolutely delicious, the skirt steak was to die for , and when asked to, took very lovely pictures using our phones. They did not rush us and were constantly making sure we were satisfied. Would recommend 100% and will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Hidden gemFleaVIPDined on 10/15/2014I must have passed this place a hundred times. Glad I finally noticed it! The food was outstanding. The waiters and manager were very friendly and accommodating. Was there for a business lunch but can't wait to go back with friends.Special Features:
- Old style still worksWALTDined on 9/28/2014This old style Spanish restaurant with white tablecloths delivers. It is in a simple brick building, but that is the beginning of its charm. The wait staff is attentive and helpful. We chose to order several appetizers to share - no problem! Extra plates just arrived with serving utensils. The food was traditional Spanish, but with a little extra that foodies will enjoy. The bread course consists of slabs of garlic bread with a bowl of freshly chopped tomatoes. The broth for the steamed littlenecks was among the tastiest I've had. White asparagus were perfectly seasoned with the vinaigrette and the chorizo in Rioja over fried polenta was perfect. A pan sauteed snapper with couscous and pork chops with cherries followed, both excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food nothing really specialMagicny1Dined on 9/24/2014Went here after reading reviews. I don't think it lives up to expectation. Apps just ok same with dinners. Better food in area
- Surprise find in ElizabethPatO68Dined on 8/22/2014This is probably the best restaurant in Elizabeth. Neighborhood is a bit scruffy (but not bad at all) and this restaurant was a very nice surprise. Great ambiance, service and food. We (at part of 8) were very pleased. I would definately recomend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014It's worth finding this great restaurant in Elizabeth. The food is incredible and it's service impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 165 reviews are from the Manolo's Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great restaurant! Incredible food!LizGarciaDined on 5/31/2014Great restaurant and people. The food us incredible! We have been going there for many years and it's always a pleasure coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodSamIAmDined on 5/19/2014The most delicious seafood I've had in the NYC area. Perfectly cooked and seasoned fish with perfect sauces.Special Features:
- Always a great mealdmcintyre214VIPDined on 5/9/2014Manolo's is one of the great restaurants of New Jersey, and maybe the country. Always amazing food, old-world wonderful service, and friendly people. Service is excellent but friendly, not stiff. The food is always amazing, but seafood specials are always super tasty. We love going to Manolo's.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great surpriselovedluciaDined on 4/26/2014First time there and we had a fantastic experience. The staff was extremely friendly and attentive. The food was great as was the sangria. We will return and continue to bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure!!!MarcatDined on 4/5/2014Always a pleasure!! The food is always great. The service is always attentive and friendly. Manolo's remains my go to place. Thier regular menu is good, but the specials really WOW you. I highly reccomend it for all occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet food in Elizabeth njGrivara14Dined on 3/28/2014A hidden gem tucked in the Elizabeth Port. Manny constantly serves delicious innovative dishes. Could be a little heavier on the pour for a glass of wine . A great dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Spanish FareShoreGrrrlDined on 3/20/2014A friend was visiting NJ and I had just one meal to spend with her. We decided to try Manolo's. The food and service were outstanding although the interior was rather dark and dated. There is a bar by the front entrance and the dining room is in the next room so even if the bar gets loud then diners would not be disturbed. We ate very early however we left shortly after six and were still alone in the dining room; it was a Thursday night. The bar area had about a half-dozen patrons by the time we departed. I really appreciated the free parking lot, which is right next door to the restaurant. All-in-all, a terrific meal and a wonderful experience - I just hope the lack of clientele on a Thursday evening was a fluke.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit & MissTeatscleanDined on 3/1/2014Went to Manolo's to check out the food as we were looking for a location to host a birthday party. Food was great, service was spectacaular. Booked our event - all systems go! Event night and day or so prior were a little....less stellar. Food was consistent - carving stations weren't tender needed more time in the oven. Servers were VERY conscious of the time and repeatedly were like you end in 1 hour you should do this now - felt rushed. Surprisingly, the leftover food was not offered to us to take (it was a buffet) but discarded. Would have loved to donate to a shelter. SO I think, better for an intimate evening versus an event but it could have just been an off night.Special Features:
- 1st Time DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/22/2014LOVE this restaurant and have been coming for years - but this time we were disappointed. Portions were small. Mashed potatoes were cool and tasted like instant?? Vegetables were fine but small portion there, too. Clams had sand in them?? Not what we are used to at all. Will definitly go again and always recommend it. Just hope this was an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningBess8VIPDined on 1/31/2014Although it was tricky to find, Manolo's was a wonderful find! We will definitely be going back. The staff was outstanding, as were the drinks and food. Our wonderful server told us to ask for anything we wanted that we didn't see on the menu. They made us paella with extra lobster on request! The octopus appetizer was amazing, as was the chorizo with risotto. Our drinks came prepared exactly as requested. The dinner was relaxed, we were encouraged to take our time and order our appetizers while deciding on the main courses. We got advice from our server so we ordered just the right amount. He even walked us to the door to give us directions home! We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden and fabulous gemPNH8Dined on 1/22/2014If you are expecting most up-to-date stylish plating, this is not your place. But, if you are looking for a quiet, elegant place (not minding a bit out dated interior) where serves really fresh sea food, this is the place you want to go. All the dishes are very basic, but executed extremely well. I don't know how many times I have had fried calamari before including top rated italian restaurants in Manhattan, but by far this place served the best calamari. Paella was really well prepared too. I definitely recommend Manolo's to anybody who can appreciate the fresh ingredients and good conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy Quiet Neighborhood GemHannahBeeDined on 11/22/2013Service was excellent, food was served fresh and hot. A true gem!!!Special Features:
- Ole ReliableLanaDined on 10/20/2013We always enjoy going to Manolo's. It is a hidden gem. Always the best service and the food is always consistent and most importantly fresh. We are always looking for a reason to go there for dinner, and we always make sure we bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentTimRayVIPDined on 10/19/2013We are regulars at Manolo's and the quality of the food is always excellent. Service is great. Very friendly and knowledgeable staff. This restaurant is on my list of staples. Try it, you'll love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemJosephVIPDined on 10/6/2013Tucked away in a very urban area is this place that has a great staff and excellent food. Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/28/2013Celebrated my mom's birthday here, and what a treat! Amazing food, great service, and a very accomodating menu. My parents had gone 28 years ago and loved it, visiting again after 28 years and it's a new re-found favorite! My mom brought her friends and coworkers a month later and said everything was even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food I've had in NYC areaSamIAmDined on 9/18/2013See title. There is a reason this place has a 25 Zagat food rating...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did some one pass away?Thunder1Dined on 8/24/2013We dined at 8:15pm on a Saturday night. There were approximately 12 people in sitting at different tables. The mood of the place was very somber .Did someone die? Not one patron dining spoke loud nor were they smiling. All of the patrons there at the time were middle aged or older. I was told by the waiter that the owner doesn't want loud music nor does he want to attract a younger crowd! Hmm....we are seniors but we enjoy laughing and celebrating life without creating a loud, annoying environment for others! Definitely not recommended if you wish to have a nice dinner and celebrate with friends and family!
- Outstanding experiencePacPeteDined on 8/17/2013Everything about this place was excellent. Wish we didn't live so far away!Special Features:
- Hidden Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2013We went here for my fiancé's birthday & everything about the place was FABULOUS! The location of it isn't so appealing however, the inside of the restaurant is beautiful. It seemed to have an old world warm charm. The staff was very pleasant and attentive and the food was out of this world! We will definitely be going back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Spanish and MediterraneanOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/28/2013We didn't know what to expect, but were first delighted to see the tile and wrought iron entrance to the private parking lot. You feel like you are stepping into another part of the world as you enter. The staff was attentive and did not miss a beat. The food was superb. You could dine on appetizers (tapas style) or eat one of the varied choices from the menu. The specials were also excellent with an excellent balance of seasoning whether it was fish or beef. Wine list is very good, but there were no half bottles. A great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DissappointedGloriaDined on 7/26/2013This is not our first time at Manolas nor will it be our last. We've moved to Fl two years ago and dine here whenever in Jersey. The food is fresh, well prepared and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in Elizabeth!!!TimRayVIPDined on 7/20/2013This is a great little place and once you go you will go over and over again. Paella was wonderful!! Rice was full of flavor and the seafood was cooked perfectly (I hate rubbery fish in paella). My guest had swordfish over collards and the fish was cooked perfectly. The waiter surprised us with a little starter of a delicious croquette and two chunks of tenderloin steak cooked rare and in a spectacular sauce over a small mound of spinach sautéed in garlic and oil...heaven!!! Service was superb, friendly staff, lots of follow up to be sure we were happy, water and wine glasses were always full. The neighborhood may scare you a bit but it is very safe and once you taste the food and experience the atmosphere you'll be addicted like I am.Special Features:
- If you are in the neighbourhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/13/2013If you are in the neighbourhood of EWR and want to eat, this is a great place. The locale looks unpromising but the food is excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- the best value, service andNicoVIPDined on 7/6/2013the best value, service and delicious food.....my favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2013Staff was great. Food is great and well presented. You can find an old world classic like this in the middle of Elizabeth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best overall restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/6/2013One of the best overall restaurant experiences I've had recently: food, service, decor, everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There is nothing amiss atNicoVIPDined on 5/28/2013There is nothing amiss at this restaurant....everything about it is superb; they try hard to please and it works!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Although we got terribly lostOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/24/2013Although we got terribly lost finding Manolo's it was well worth the effort. We enjoyed every morsel, every interesting taste, The wait staff was personable and very professional giving us a very pleasant dining experience. The stuffed mushrooms and the seafood salad were particularly outstanding. The ricotta pudding with toasted almonds was delicious. We chose dishes which were Spanish and were delighted!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No complaintsDelicioso18Dined on 5/23/2013This was my first visit with my mom and teenage son. We were celebrating my mom's birthday and I have to rate our dining experience 5 stars across the board! We will go back in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.