8540 Connecticut Ave.
Chevy Chase, MD 20815Neighborhood:
Bethesda / Chevy Chase
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.manolicanoli.com/
- Phone: 3019511818
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner:
Daily: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Greek
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Contact: Stavros 3019511818
A word from Manoli Canoli
Established in 2006, Manoli Canoli is a family owned and operated, full-service, dining and carry-out restaurant. The proud owner, Stavros Manolakos, along with his wife’s culinary expertise, has perfected the menu to offer the best homemade, mouthwatering, Italian and Greek dishes. Combining old-world charm with some modern-day culinary masterpieces it is a truly unique dining experience for the whole family! Our friendly, experienced staff, with our quality Italian and Greek food, including wonderful gourmet hand tossed New York style pizza pies, scrumptious, hand- made daily mozzarella, imported olive oil and olives from the owner’s orchard in Sparta, Greece, has made Manoli Canoli a popular dining neighborhood destination in the Chevy Chase area .Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Manoli Canoli reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance2.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (9)great for lunch (6)great for outdoor dining (4)good for groups (3)kid-friendly (3)fit for foodies (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Just So-SoDowntownGalVIPDined on 8/31/2014After reading several reviews, my husband and I stopped for dinner at Manoli Canoli - and we were not overly impressed. I think this place does more take out service than dine in - only about 10 tables in the place - pretty uncomfortable at that. If you are looking for a nice eat-in Italian experience - this would not fit your needs. While the food was good - it was not great - and overall we would not return.Special Features:
- DanMVIPDined on 8/27/2014Wonderful Greek and Italian home style food. Best home made fresh mozzarella around! Super friendly and attentive owner. This will become your regular spot in no time like it did for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findflygirlDined on 8/17/2014Excellent food at a great price. What a nice find. Loved the Eggplant Parmesan. The homemade mozzarella and imported olives were delicious. We had 7 people and they were all very pleased with their meals. Waiter made several nice suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfort foodJennDined on 8/15/2014Dinner at Manoli Canoli was a very good experience. The food was good and the portions were large. The owner was very attentive and nice and gave us a cannoli on the house for dessert since if was our first time. It was delicious! Would definitely go again next time I'm in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple, charming neighborhood gemBigWVIPDined on 7/26/2014This place continues to impress. The food is excellent, the service attentive. It is a small, little hole-in-the-wall place with relatively few tables and simple decor. There is ample parking behind the restaurant. If you are looking for an elegant time, this isn't the spot - if you want good food and good service, you won't go wrong here.
- The following 24 reviews are from the Manoli Canoli reviews archive.
- Great Lunch selectionsTrvldinerDined on 5/2/2014We took a business client here for lunch. The menu had Greek and Italian specialties. The homemade mozzarella is fantastic. Really enjoyed the Caprese appetizer plate and the Eggplant parmesan was delicious. Great service. The wait staff made you feel like you were a top priority.Special Features:
- NICE RESTAURANT, GREAT NEIGHBORMabelDodgeDined on 4/6/2014The restaurant is a comfortable, neighborhood restaurant with a genial owner and a great staff. I vote for their pizza and their salads; they are really good. I have limited knowledge of the main dishes, but we will be back.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood spotEmilyDined on 4/5/2014One of our favorites! Perfect neighborhood spot. Always feel very welcomed liked family by friendly and attentive staff. Polite courteous and thoughtful. Took time to make sure leftovers were wrapped up so they wouldn't spill. Would highly recommend making it your regular place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marvelous Little PlaceBigWVIPDined on 3/29/2014We booked here on the basis of the good Open Table reviews and were not disappointed. It was good we booked a reservation, the place was jammed full on a weeknight at 7:30. The outside is very unassuming, the restaurant is small, the decor is pretty simple. Think more like a nicely done pizza place than a very upscale restaurant. But this place has food several notches higher than even a very good pizza place. There is a wonderful mix of both Greek dishes and the traditional, Italian fare. The portions are large, the service is very attentive. There is ample parking in back. A lot of restaurants get tagged as a "Neighborhood Gem". But this restaurant pretty much defines what one should be. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Greek foodCarolDined on 3/21/2014As experienced Greek food connoisseurs, we were impressed with the homemade, authentic quality of the food here. Staff is largely Greek, very friendly and helpful. Small enough to be intimate, understated atmosphere, reasonably quiet yet energetic. We were there for dinner, moussaka and baklava were to die for, excellent Greek red wine. Staff was very attentive until -- we had to ask for the check two or three times, thus the four stars for service. What we missed: white tablecloths would have been nice for dinner, and perhaps some music (that you could actually hear). Other than that, highly recommended. Probably would reserve a table for Fri or Sat nights.Special Features:
- my sweetie liked it a lot; me - mehAlohaboyDined on 2/25/2014nice enough place. great service, and owner was very involved. spanakopita was excellent. pasta was fair. moderately priced. i'd give it another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and freshFoodisgoodDined on 2/14/2014The food was very good! Nice choices, fresh ingredients and nice wines, including good house wine. We will definitely be back!!Special Features:
- Sure to pleaseOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/28/2014Second time to visit this nice little place after seeing the great reviews on Open Table. The food and service are outstanding. Nice mix of Greek and Italian entrees and good wine list. You can tell lots of locals from the neighborhood are regulars. Always a good sign. We even took home a frozen pan of the pastitso because the meal was so delicious -- and we're Greek, so we know our pastitso!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good for any occasionsmimiatbethesdaVIPDined on 1/24/2014The food is very tasty but comes with a good hearty portion. The house wine selection is nice. The wait staffs are among the most friendly and considerate I have ever experienced. I was there on Valentine's day and had a good time. I was also there for a lunch with coworker and had a good time too. Whatever the occasion I could pick something from the menu that made me happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food/Good PeopleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/24/2014Like the location. Like the people. Free and easy parking. Very down to earth. Great Food. Go back as often as I can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy, affordable dinnerRavenDined on 1/11/2014We had the spanikopita appetizer (delish!) and the shepherd's salad (also good) before moving on to a very flavorful pizza with a nice crust (ours had sausage, anchovies, and more!). Finally, dessert - the key lime pie was great and the tiramisu among the best I've had. I have to admit, I went in with pretty low expectations, but my mother and I were both very pleased with the food. I'd definitely return if I was in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful neighborhood familyLESLIEDined on 12/15/2013Wonderful neighborhood family run small restaurant. Combo Italian and Greek food- all lovingly homemade. We loved our food. There was a large private party going on ,so it was a bit loud that night. The pizza and pasta and the huge salad with their own homemade fresh mozzarella were amazing with nice presentation too. We will be back to this very reasonable little gem!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this neighborhood spotLoveToEatOutDined on 11/23/2013Three of us ate at Manoli Canoli early on a Saturday evening before a show. We each had pasta - mushroom ravioli, lasagna, and the italian sausage - and enjoyed our meals very much. The prices are quite reasonable, they have a pretty good wine selection, the service is very friendly, and there's definitely a nice neighborhood vibe. The restaurant is tiny, so make a reservation if you can to avoid waiting. While this restaurant isn't a spot for foodies or anything like that, it's a great casual place with good hearty food and genial people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm family placeCfamilyDined on 11/20/2013There is something for everyone on the menu, reasonable prices, attentive staff and a delightful owner who makes everyone welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingeatersVIPDined on 11/13/2013The food was not good! Not one person in our party liked their dish!
- amazing pizzaMaryDined on 8/21/2013Went for the first time with a friend and shared a most wonderful pizza. The manager and waitstaff were all so friendly - gave us sips of wine to taste, and one (a Greek red) was so nice I ordered a glass. The view (facing Connecticut Ave in rush hour) couldn't be helped, but we forgot about it! Just the nicest dinner on a Wednesday evening after work.Special Features:
- Lucky find!AEC71VIPDined on 7/27/2013Thanks to "restaurants near me" we were driving by this neighborhood and stopped in for dinner. We were lucky to get one of the last tables. The neighborhood obviously loves this cute little place, as it filled up by 6:15 on a Saturday. I asked the server to recommend one of two sauces for my pasta and he volunteered to give me half-and-half, so I got to try both. The cannoli was the perfect end to the meal. We will go back again!Special Features:
- Hidden GemPastaBeaVIPDined on 7/26/2013Four of us met for a birthday lunch. Service was excellent and friendly. I must say from the looks of the place, I wasn't expecting much. Boy, was I wrong! We shared a pizza to start. As good as you can find with crisp crust and flavorful sauce and toppings. The entrees were delicious and very large but I have to say I almost finished the Penne al Melenzani. Lasagna, Eggplant Parmesean, and Meatball Sub were equally good. Desserts did not dissapoint. The server and the owner were very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Combination!MaggiVIPDined on 7/20/2013We traveled from Baltimore to meet relatives from New York. We picked Manoli Canoli not knowing anything about the restaurant. We were delighted that we did. It is a neighborhood gem of a restaurant. The menu marries Greek and Italian specialties. Our waitress was a delight – very attentive and friendly. The owner stopped by to see how we liked his restaurant – very nice touch. The food was delicious and plentiful. We will definitely return again in the future.Special Features:
- Hearty Italian foodEatingWellDined on 5/12/2013Our family ate dinner here on Mother's Day from the Italian menu. (There are also several Greek items.) Portions are large and each main dish could've been easily shared. The restaurant has a small deli and makes its own mozzarella and other items. We would certainly come back again or consider doing takeout if tables weren't available. Very friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have come to Manoli CanoliOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 3/7/2013We have come to Manoli Canoli for years as a couple and with friends. It is a friendly owner run and unpretentious small neighborhood restaurant that is very good at what it does, straightforward Italian and Greek cooking and good pizza. For this meal we had the excellent spanakopita appetizer which comes with a garnish of Greek salad, mushroom ravioli and meat lasagna washed down a glass of Greek Santorini white wine. Spinach Angolotti, shrimp pasta and the Tsatziki appetizer are good dishes we've had before as is the White Pizza Rita--eggplant, red peppers, sun dried tomatoes and herbs. Manoli Canoli also makes a fine tiramisu.Special Features:
- The food was not good........howOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/5/2013The food was not good........how do you ruin a Greek salad? Too many onions (and I like onions)......salad dressing had no taste.........soup was watery will not go back.
- This is a small restaurant,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/2/2013This is a small restaurant, with a really friendly staff. There really isn't a good place to wait to be seated. We were about 15 minutes early for our reservation, and waited almost half an hour to be seated. The manager apologized for the wait, saying several reservations came in about the time ours did. He offered us a complimentary dessert and coffees/teas. We really enjoyed the evening. The food was real Italian, and the staff as accommodating as they could be.Special Features:
- Underwhelmed...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/31/2013Online, it looks slightly more upscale. Manoli Canoli is a neighborhood restaurant with so-so food, BUT very good service.Special Features: