825 Marquette Ave. S.
Minneapolis, MN 55402Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
SteakPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mannyssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (612) 339-9900
- Hours of Operation:
*Breakfast* - (Monday-Friday) 6:30am - 11:00am
- (Saturday - Sunday) 6:30am - 10:00am
*Lunch* - (Monday - Friday) 11:00am - 4:00pm
*Brunch* - (Saturday - Sunday) 10:00am - 4:00pm
*Dinner* - (Sunday - Thursday) 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- (Friday - Saturday) 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Josh Hill
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Purchase Parasole Holiday Gift Cards, and boost your holiday spending power by 25% free. Available in any denomination, offered Nov 1 through Dec 24 and redeemable after Dec.25, 2014.
Purchase yours at parasole.com, by calling 1-866-541-4438 (GIFT), or at the restaurant.
A word from Manny's Steakhouse
Masculine, bright, accented with wood & leather, Manny's evokes the great steakhouses of New York & Chicago - & eclipses them in critical & popular acclaim. Rated Top Five in the U.S. by the Zagat Guide, named one of America's top Steakhouses by both the Knife & Fork Club & the Independent Cattleman's Association, & a perennial winner of newspaper & magazine reader polls, Manny's commands a fanatical local following & a national reputation. Wrote the New York Times: "There's good news in Minneapolis for those who still share the secret pleasures of red meat, well-cut & seriously served." In addition to USDA-certified, dry- aged, center-cut beef, Manny's offers chops, chicken, fresh seafood & a Wine Spectator Award-winning wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Manny's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Downtown / North Loop ›
Manny's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
344 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (273)notable wine list (154)fit for foodies (151)good for groups (137)romantic (111)hot spot (95)vibrant bar scene (59)great for lunch (37)neighborhood gem (35)great for brunch (24)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (6)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/17/2014Best steakhouse in Minneapolis!!! Great service as well. Excellent wine choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExtraordinarySatisfiedDined on 11/15/2014Manny's is a must if you can afford it don't miss your chance for excellent service and food. From beginning to end I love Manny's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need a dress codeShelbyrichVIPDined on 11/15/2014It seemed to be casual night with relaxed manners. I'm not a snob but geez it was a special dinner. We will try again Christmas eveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014Manny's is one of the best steakhouses in the country for a reason. The service was spectacular, the recommended menu items were on point. This time, I had the Kobe short rib benedict, which I highly recommend for brunch. If you have not been, go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Best steaks we have ever had! Excellent service and very helpful server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!PetersDined on 11/14/2014This was our 2nd trip to Manny's, first was several years ago at it's previous location. Rick our server was fabulous, very attentive and knowledgeable. We opted to split a main tail and order several sides. Cauliflower was amazing, along with the hash browns and asparagus. Next time we would skip the fried onions, good just didn't fit in with our meal. HUGE brownie dessert-yummy but way more than we could eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chad brennyChadwickDined on 11/13/2014Drove 175 miles for the best steak in town Very dissapionted my porter house steak was burnt so I tasted only a burnt meat. I couldn't wait to go to Mannys but now I won't waste the trip againSpecial Features:
- Had the 85 day aged ribeyePetenelDined on 11/13/2014I went with a friend and I splurged on the 85 day aged ribeye (it comes with a serial number, mine was 2501) . He had the prime rib. I was disappointed in the ribeye. Maybe it is due to the aging, but rather than just having fat marbling, there were large pockets of fat to cut around.. It reminded me of issues ordering a ribeye at some "lesser" restaurants and I would not order it again. I'd stick with their regular ribeye. We had sides of the hash browns with onions and the acorn squash. The hash browns were good, but the acorn squash was nothing special. A very plain presentation. I was hoping that they still had the corn Elote on the menu (it was still on their website) but our waitress said it went off a couple weeks before. My friend said his prime rib was excellent. Service was excellent as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic service and food612foodthoughtsDined on 11/10/2014Our server was fantastic (Donald) and his recommendations were spot on! Food was amazing and cooked exactly how we wanted it. We were well attended and even though it was a busy night my wife and I felt very much intimate in our booth. Its not a cheap date but a good night for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!fun2beDined on 11/10/2014Great dining experience! Didn't get the server that was requested but the we got was excellent! We get to Manny's once or twice a year and always enjoy great food and have a great dining experience!Special Features:
- Birthday PartySchwabbyDined on 11/10/2014We arrived in Minneapolis and and your restaurant was recommended by a friend that has traveled here before. One person in our group was having is 50 birthday that day. The staff, service and food was some the best we have experienced and the great dessert that came at the end of our dinner was outstanding and a great surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BoomerDined on 11/9/2014Manny's has always been our favorite restaraunt for special occasions. The service is impeccable. The drinks are excellent and most of all, the steak is the best in the state of Minnesota. Our waiter was spectacular and did not bother us but had a special charisma you expect when dining out downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014If you are hungry for steak in Minneapolis - it would be my first choice. The squash was tasty. The key lime pie was yummy. Everything was as you would expect -- excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Night at Manny'sRicksReview73Dined on 11/7/2014One of the best Ribeye steaks I've ever had. Our waiter was fun and knew his stuff. Was sitting next to the on air and the radio personalities of the Iowa Hawkeye football team.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014Simply the best food I've ever eaten!! Awesome service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/4/2014Kim who was our server, was not very good, but the food, as always, was excellent. Love it for lunch, but do not like dinner there.Special Features:
- Manny'sJHSMDDined on 11/2/2014Just a great steakhouse. Great bar. Huge steaks that they show you on the meat cart. Good wine list. Excellent service. I come here whenever I am in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big Service, Big SteaksCrazyCanuckDined on 11/2/2014Service was amazing. Steaks were large, perfectly cooked. All sides were recommended and were ordered. Great place. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greggy467Dined on 11/2/2014It's Manny's, what more do I need to say? Best place on earthSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salmon was blandLeslieVIPDined on 11/1/2014My filet was amazing but my daughter's salmon was bland and unseasoned. I thought perhaps the order got mixed up with a special order. Waiter offered a free dessert but we were disappointed with the fish.Special Features:
- Tasty, but not incrediblekek38Dined on 10/30/2014Delicious steaks and the bacon appetizer was yummy. While I certainly enjoyed the food, I do not think it lived up to all the hype. Great place to eat, but was it worth $100 for two people at lunch? Maybe not...Special Features:
- Always delicious.AshleyDined on 10/30/2014We had a wonderful lunch date at Manny's. As always service was impeccable. The hostess greeted us with a smile and sat us right away.our server was spot on. The bus service was top notch. The food was awesome.Special Features:
- Top Notchkcp91Dined on 10/29/2014I ate here last year and didn't have the best experience. However, the GM offered me a gift card to come back and give them another shot. This time everything was absolutely fantastic...from the food to the service. In fact, our server, Tammy, was possibly the best server I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth the visitUncleHarryVIPDined on 10/29/2014Manny's was recommended by several friends and I made it my "one dinner in Minneapolis", and it was a great choice. The service was prompt even though the place was hopping due to the World Series. I ad the wedge salad which was one of the 3 best I have ever had. The blue cheese dressing was tart and chunkPy and the bacon was first rate (and lots of it). The filet was done perfectly as medium rare (ordered medium on the recommendation of the waiter) and the potato was more than enough. The best part was the banana cream pie. It was a novel presentation and one of my top 10 deserts ever. This is a restaurant I would recommend to my friends.Special Features:
- OKOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2014Too bright. Very loud and cramped. Food was very large portions but not great, wine selection was ok at best.
- Always excellent!MiddyDined on 10/28/2014Visiting out of state customers love Manny's. Whether it is beef, seafood or vegan you can't go wrong. Always great food and exceptional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent.DaveKDined on 10/28/2014This place is excellent, but if drinking, you can figure over $100 per person all day long! No need for Ruth's Chris...this place steals the show comparatively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Special OccasionDaisyVIPDined on 10/27/2014Thank you to Manny's for a great celebration dinner! The food was perfectly prepared, the service was top notch. We brought in our own cake (allergy issues) and they served it to us with strawberries, hot fudge, ice cream and whipped cream - all at no charge. What a great night we had - a perfect choice for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overall experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2014Just the experience of being in the restaurant was a treat! Intriguing barity of beef. Huge prime rib. Unusually good service. I was impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatsteak!DelightedSusanVIPDined on 10/26/2014Went to Manny's with a group of 6....many of us had been to Manny's former location years ago and wanted to visit while we were back in town for a meeting. Special drinks were very good, and the steak was excellent. Thought their desssets could have used more variety....would have been nice to have a sorbet or flavored ice cream among the offerings.Special Features:
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014I love a good steak and have been to all of the best places for steaks in MSP several times. I just paid $75 for the worst steak in recent memory at Manny's... their sister restaurant Pittsburgh Blue has better steaks at almost half the price.Special Features:
- Visiting from NYladybugsjl57Dined on 10/25/2014I was in town visiting my daughter. I took some friends there as a thank you for their help with my daughter who was in a car accident. The food was excellent and Sam our waiter was the Best..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the bestChrisFDined on 10/23/2014Dining here is always a superb experience made even more so by having Heidi as the server. Her knowledge of wines and matching them with courses of the meal is exemplary and always makes this a most memorable experience.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT FOOD, EXCELLENT SERVICEHawaiianEaterDined on 10/19/2014Our waiter was very pleasant and knowledgeable and made several outstanding suggestions. I ate the "bludgeon" (50oz bone-in rib eye) and it was as excellent steak as I have ever had. The loaded mashed potatoes were literally loaded and enough to serve 4-6 people, and the field greens salad's bleu cheese dressing was the best I ever had. Overall, and outstanding culinary experience and I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Minneapolis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything I wantedluckydroidDined on 10/18/2014I couldn't be more pleased with my evening at Manny's. Top notch service (gentleman serving us even noticed that we may have been celebrating a special occasion and comped us 2 amazing deserts. I knew I was going to be spending quite a bit, so that aspect was not a problem. My steak tasted like heaven..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- portions are large!OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/18/2014you do not want to go to Manny's on a full or partially full stomach. portions are large and everything is meant to be shared. even the cheesecake was bigger than my hand! it was loud and boisterous. you have to speak in a raised voice. not best if you're looking for a romantic quiet place. steak- porterhouse was good. will return, but on a completely empty stomach.Special Features:
- Loved our waiter!MSHALFDined on 10/18/2014We went to celebrate a birthday. Our waiter was fun, knowledgeable and professional. We loved him and have decided that when we go back, we will ask to be seated in his section! The food was great - huge portions! The steak was very well prepared and flavorful. Just what you would expect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We decided to take my parents out for dinner to a very special place as they were celebrating some milestone birthdays. My Dad is 75 & my Mom is 70 this year. We had never eaten at Manny's but have heard so many good things about it. We loved everything about it and the food was absolutely amazing!!! It was the best steak I had ever eaten!! It is definitely out of our price range to just go in and dine for a casual lunch or dinner, but you do get what you pay for and it was 150% worth it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/17/2014Awesome dinner at Manny's! Will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gigantic steaksChashumenDined on 10/17/2014Manny's seems expensive and it is, but that is balanced by the stupendous size of the steaks (and almost everything else). Our server began by showing the meat trolley and describing the menu. Soon we had a massive lobster waving its claws in our face, along with a look at the fantastic Bludgeon of Beef, a monstrous club of bone-in ribeye. It is pricey at about $100 but would easily feed 4 moderately hungry adults or 2 ravening carnivores. The server was happy to point out that guests usually shared a lot of the steaks and sides. On ordering we could see why. Out of space. Had bacon and Caesar appetizers (delicious), bone-in ribeye (not Bludgeon) and Porterhouse. Steaks the size of my head. Very good. House wine good too. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.