Manny's Neighborhood Grill
1680 Old Towne Road
Charleston, SC 29407Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Manny's Neighborhood Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mannysgrills.com/
- Phone: (843) 763-3908
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Christopher Stavrinakis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Mannys Catering is probably the best known Mediterranean caterer in Charleston, with a hard earned reputation for quality and service. We have done simple roast beef and potatoes to sushi and Beef Wellington. In catering all options are possible. Manny's professional chefs manage a small team of well trained staff dedicated to offering a friendly and reliable catering service to their clients. Mannys will cater for all occasions -weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, sporting events, tailgating, banquets, private parties or corporate events!
- Entertainment: Live local entertainers Weds 6-9pm and Fri 10pm-1am.
A word from Manny's Neighborhood Grill
Manny's Neighborhood Grill!Where the food is delicious and the fun never ends! Check out the excitement at Manny's Neighborhood Grill, the place to be in Charleston, S.C. Sports fans, couples, families, seniors - folks from all walks of life come in for the energy-charged atmosphere, warm welcome, and superb food. Make yourself at home.Choose a barstool, booth, or high or low top table. With Manny's open floor plan, you're always where the action is. Tune into the audio on any given television set using the wireless speaker at your booth or table. Dig in! We make sure no one leaves hungry, with enormous portions of fresh, flavorful food. Our menu has something for everyone, from savory Greek and Mediterranean specialties,American favorites, seafood, appetizers and much more. Voted Charleston's BEST N.Y.style Pizza! Featuring over 200 menu items & entrees with 16 of the entrees under $10! NO MICROWAVES ALLOWED. Your meal will be cooked to order from the finest ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Manny's Neighborhood Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (7)good for groups (5)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)fit for foodies (1)special occasion (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- THEY HAD A BAD NIGHTKellyVIPDined on 11/8/2014TWO OUT OF THREE DINNERS WERE COMPED DUE BAD FOOD - ONE CALZONE WAS BURNT & HAD AN OLIVE SIDE IN IT AND ONE BURGER HAS RANDOM SAUSAGE PARTS ON TOPSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good Place to Kick backSlimhimDined on 10/19/2014I really liked this place! It can be loud because they have tv's with football games going on but it's just a relaxed atmosphere. It's like you just go there to hang out with buddies that you never knew you had. The food is really good too and the service is pretty great! I wouldn't recommend this as a date night location by any means but it is definitely a place to go if you just want to get to just get away and forget about the craziness of your regular day to day life. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BashOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014I love Manny's Neighborhood Grill because they are so accommodating to us when we bring in our large groups. Our band always comes in for our members birthdays, and no matter if we bring 11 - 14 people, Manny's is happy to make a spot. I have always found that the food is good, fresh and the wait staff friendly too.Special Features:
- The following 54 reviews are from the Manny's Neighborhood Grill reviews archive.
- Fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/30/2014Great beer and wine selection, live music and terrific Greek Good. What's not to like? This is a fun place to go on a Friday night!Special Features:
- Wings and salad WINNER..GOOD.......cagGVIPDined on 3/26/2014Wings and salad WINNER..GOOD........BINGO WINNER...AWESOME So much fun relaxing with friends.Special Features:
- WINGS---BINGO----BEERcagGVIPDined on 3/12/2014Something was OFF tonight in the kitchen, because 3 out of 5 orders didn't come out right, but our waitress made it RIGHT. As always, GOOD SERVICE AND GOOD BINGO.Special Features:
- WEDNESDAY WINGScagGVIPDined on 3/5/2014WINGS WONDERFUL, Good times with friends, and BINGO. What a GREAT Wed. eve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DaySlightlyDustyDined on 2/14/2014We went for the Valentines day special and as usual it was pretty good for the price. The place was packed and that is unusual but they had a decent band and although the staff seemed overloaded the would always make things right if you brought it to their attention. This place isn't that fancy but most of the food is good they have great Greek food and I like their pizza I don't recommend the wings. They have specials and discounts for rewards members. If you want to eat well and not go broke this place is for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014We had Valentine's dinner here because we could make reservations. That should have been a clue! We were not greeted by our waiter who never shared his named for 20 MINUTES! Appetizers took 45 MINUTES! Unacceptable! I asked him what the "greek" caviar was and he told me he didn't know! My greek soup was served, over salted, under lemoned with the soup spilled over the rim. The bottle of wine we ordered arrived pre-opened! He poured it without being asked if we wanted to taste it! My gyro meat was dried out, over-cooked and chewy, no tomatoes, and the pita bread burned at the edges but the sandwich was cold! Baklava for dessert that couldn't be sliced thru with a knife! It was still frozen. Very disappointing. No hurry to return. :(Special Features:
- Great food and band!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014We really enjoyed the food and the band- The Gin House Boys! Thanks for a fun evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went for Valentines Day.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014We went for Valentines Day. We got right in with our reservation. The serve was prompt and came back and checked on us. The steaks were tough. The crab cakes were good. I will probably try again at a less busy time but will probably stay away from their steaks.Special Features:
- Manny's Has Been BetterLeeCeeDined on 1/31/2014I have had good experiences at this restaurant in the past. Although this time we went on a busy Friday night, we had a reservation. We let the server know that we had a reservation but were told that there were no 4 person tables available. We were seated at a 3 person bar table and told that if something opened up, we could move. In the mean time, we moved a chair from a nearby bar table and ended up having our meal there. The food was good as usual but the service very slow that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2014We travel with a 7 year old and tend to feel most comfortable in more casual places. Manny's was an interesting combination of Greek, sports bar dn American food. I had the 3 for $20 special with duck as the main course. It was great, as was the baklava. Greek salad was a little weak but I don't begrudge them that.Special Features:
- hhmmmmmm.cagGVIPDined on 1/15/2014Bingo was GREAT thanks to Sandra the BINBO lady. Super nice time, but the burgers were not as good as usual?! I did try something different, CORN DOGS. I had not had one in quite some time and my friend asked to share, so I did. That's how I found out something wasn't up to par. Other than that, we'll still go and have a good time.Special Features:
- Live music hot spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/20/2013Lots of fun! We were there on a Friday night when live music was featured. Ate with friends & had lots of fun! Great food, great wine and beer selection, the whole experience was great fun. I had been looking for good Greek food in Charleston, and now I found it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BURGERcagGVIPDined on 12/11/2013What a good night with friends, wings, beers and burgers. Of course, we had a side of BINGO, to round out the meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AGAIN...cagGVIPDined on 12/4/2013Never fails to be a great time...again and again. AND THE BINGO...THE FOOD...FRIENDS...FUN...Special Features:
- WENT FOR THEIR MONTHLY WINE TASTINGkenkathDined on 10/29/2013WE WERE A LARGE GROUP AND AND HAD ALOT OF FOOD AND BEV. AND EVERYONE WAS VERY PLAEASED:)Special Features:
- WEDNESDAY 'R GR8T...cagGVIPDined on 10/23/20131/2 price BURGERS and BINGO, you can't go wrong on a HUMPday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MUST GO!!!!!!!!!!cagGVIPDined on 10/16/2013Never disappointed. Always good food, service and fun. Our server, AJ, is the BEST.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trivia Thursday..ChoppinVIPDined on 9/19/2013We have been coming to Manny's for over a year now. Every Thursday for Trivia. We are pretty steady with our order. But its difficult when we request a specific server to get that person. Hardly ever do we unless I go and comment to the Mgr on duty. I even note it when I make the reservation. The service is medium at best. Takes a little while to get our initial drink order. Hence why we ask for the same server (which never happens) because they know what we drink and can place the order more quickly. The menu has changed since we have started going there. It has improved quite a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding greek foodDurhamfoodieVIPDined on 8/9/2013This neighborhood gem, where the locals hide out, has also some of the best greek food that I have ever had. The falafel was the most delicate, fluffy, light yet filling starter. The hummus was perfection. We wished we lived locally to dine there often. Decor is kind of blah but good food, I respect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good time.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2013The food is good, and the added activities that they offer make it a great neighborhood restaurant. They have daily lunch and evening food specials and drink specials, and a great loyalty program.Special Features:
- Not what I expectedHillsboroMomVIPDined on 6/20/2013Not what I expected from a restaurant on Open Table. When visiting a new city, I usually use Open Table to pick a restaurant with a certain level of class. Open Table restaurants usually have a Hostess (not here, it was open seating). Open Table restaurants don't usually have things like noisy team trivia or bingo nights (this one does). The menu was very extensive. The Greek food was OK for Greek food; I did like that the gyro meat appeared to be sliced off the rotisserie. The Greek salad did come with a large chunk of feta. Waitress was rarely around even though they weren't that busy.
- The mussels were the bestLuluVIPDined on 4/27/2013The mussels were the best I have ever had! Great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great time, the waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/6/2013We had a great time, the waitress was on point!!!!Special Features:
- We normally come in for dinnerChoppinVIPDined on 2/21/2013We normally come in for dinner and trivia. When I make the reservation, I ask to be seated in a section with a server who knows what we like and takes little effort to wait on us. Hence why we ask for her. But usually we dont get her and when I ask why (to the server) she says that the mgnt didnt know. Now when I make the reservation it asks if there are any special things we want...and I always say "we want...". So I find it hard to believe that the mgnt didnt see my request. Other than that we enjoy coming there.
- We went for the ValentinesSlightlyDustyDined on 2/14/2013We went for the Valentines Day special. While it is not that romantic of a place we had fun. The food is very good a deal and our service was great. The wine list has expanded to include some nice options recently.Special Features:
- They did not have my reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/14/2013They did not have my reservation when I got there. Service and food great but why use electronic "open table" if Manny's did not know we had a reservation. Turned out okay but could have turned out bad.
- FantasticJimboDined on 1/8/2013Manny's is outstanding. Great food at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- Food was great. Service excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Food was great. Service excellent in spite of the few wait staff on hand. Liked the extensive menu selections.Special Features:
- Overpriced and poor food quality.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/10/2012Overpriced and poor food quality. Salad dressings are served from "peel top" containers? Come on!
- While we always enjoy goingChoppinVIPDined on 12/6/2012While we always enjoy going to Manny's for Thursday nite fun, I was a little disappointed that we did not get our requested server. I made the reservation early enough in the day so that when it came time to come in we would be seated in her section. She always takes good care of us and we enjoy her service. No explanation was offered to us. We liked who took care of our table, but we usually request our favorite server because shes very knowledgeable about our eating habits.Surely will not stop us from coming in. Just wanted you to be aware.
- Manny's is a friendly, neighborhoodIslanderDined on 6/8/2012Manny's is a friendly, neighborhood restaurant. Good mix of patrons, all enjoying good portion sizes of classic Greek and Italian cuisine. Always has a good crowd, lots of televisions to keep kids occupied. Well worth a visit.Special Features:
- What's not to like? GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/1/2012What's not to like? Great fiid, great prices & good service!Special Features:
- Relaxed and EnjoyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2012Manny's is a great family place. They have something on there menus that will fit everyone's taste. Very friendly staff and very good food. Manny's overall a very good local facility that fits the needs of all who visit and pertake of their food. Thanks to the staff at Manny's for a great evening.Special Features:
- Manny's is pretty basic GreekLocalVIPDined on 3/29/2012Manny's is pretty basic Greek style food...but I LOVE IT!Special Features:
- Great spot for an informalOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/10/2012Great spot for an informal big group... Something for everyone on the huge menu... Quick and friendly.Special Features:
- Dependable foodSlightlyDustyDined on 2/14/2012We have been coming here for w while now and that is because we really enjoy Manny's Food. The atmosphere is publike and not romantic so scrap it for that but other than that they offer some good deals and we have never been disspaointed with the food.Special Features:
- GREAT FOOD AT A GREAT PRICEOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2012GREAT FOOD AT A GREAT PRICE WITHOUT SERVICE. THAT'S PRETTY DARN GOOD IN MY BOOK.Special Features: