Mannino's Italian Bistro - Oceanfront
3420 Atlantic Ave
Virginia Beach, VA 23514Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Mannino's Italian Bistro - Oceanfront
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.manninositalianbistro.com/
- Phone: (757) 390-2580
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm-1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: John M. Mannino
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Plated Service, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres - Displayed, Hors d'oeuvres - Passed, Plated, Stations, or DIY with our Pans To Go!
A word from Mannino's Italian Bistro - Oceanfront
Mannino's Italian Bistro is an upscale casual restaurant offering "Olde World" Italian cuisine infused with updated New York stylings, an extensive wine list, and a full bar selection.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Mannino's Italian Bistro - Oceanfront - Best Restaurants in Virginia Beach ›
Mannino's Italian Bistro - Oceanfront reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (18)good for groups (15)neighborhood gem (15)kid-friendly (13)special occasion (11)notable wine list (11)romantic (6)great for lunch (5)late-night find (5)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Good findcanadianfoodieDined on 11/6/2014We were looking for an Italian restaurant within walking distance of our hotel and saw giid reviews in Tripadvisor. We had a very good waiter named Jesse who was knowldgeable and made great recommendations The She crab bisque was amaznng! Food portions were ample and we had chicken and veal dishes cooked perfectly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for a good mealSubmarinerDined on 9/26/2014We had a nice dinner here. The food was good, service great . The portions were over sized ,but had take out for the next day. Close to plenty of hotels and the beach.Special Features:
- Italian south of the Mason/DixonTedeatsDined on 9/18/2014Coming from the north where most Italian restaurants are still family run by the original family, we are spoiled by the taste and ambience of Italian restaurants. Mannino's looks like your typical oceanfront food joint. But, if you close your eyes you are not sure if you are in Virginia or in Boston. The owner gave it a nice touch by coming around to each table and asking the diners how they enjoyed their meal.Special Features:
- New and evolvingKenSDined on 9/13/2014We realize that Mannino's has taken over a previous restaurant's location at the Oceanfront, and that upgrading the decor will be an off-season project. The food at each of Mannino's locations is always fresh and high-quality, but the portions don't seem to be as abundant as the prices. Admittedly, I had one of the specials, but four scallops over a small portion of linguini didn't seem like $29-worth to me. On the other hand, a full (1000 ml) carafe of house Merlot was a good value. I would say: Give them a try, but stay with the regular menu; it's all good.Special Features:
- Just OKSearchingvbDined on 9/6/2014I had heard a lot of good things about Manninos so we decided to have our Anniversary dinner there. The staff were great; friendly and responsive. But there was nothing outstanding about the food. Hard to say anything more. Maybe my expectations were too high.
- We'll be back!!roxyvbVIPDined on 9/6/2014First time at this location but not disappointed. First time for our friends who raved about the food! Really good martinis and wonderful food served hot!! LOVE the oceanfront location!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseshoozieVIPDined on 8/31/2014We've dined at the other two VAB Mannino's locations in the past and love the food. So glad that the closer beach front location is as good as we remembered. Wonderful for tourist to drop in and even better for us locals wanting to find a great restaurant along the ocean front.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian FoodLifeisgoodDined on 8/27/2014Great meal. Large portions, perfectly cooked, just delicious. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Fast on their feetadventurousfoodieDined on 8/23/2014I have been to other Mannino's locations and have loved them. They are not known for their ambience but the food and the service have always been great. The quality of the food has not changed at the new oceanfront location. The crab soup, bread, and both entrees lived up to expectations. The service, well that's a different story. The waiter broke the cork off while opening the bottle. He had great difficulty with the specials, and we had to remind him of many things.Even the server at the table next to ours seemed disinterested in what she was doing. The owner came by and could not have been more pleasant. I'll be interested in trying it again at a later date.Special Features:
- DebmomDinesDebmomDinesDined on 8/22/2014The bartender was accommodating and let me borrow his reading glasses. The food was good, but nothing special. It was overpriced for what it was. A plain salad was $7.99. A scallop special was well over $20. I did like the fresh warm bread and the waitress was very friendly and attentive. The price was worthy of a more special occasion, but not the food. I was hoping for a spot to go in the off season that provides great Italian for a more reasonable (not inexpensive) price and that is family (not kid) friendly. The decor is old seafood restaurant, so it doesn't add to the atmosphere. I am glad I wasn't seated in one of the many wooden booths. I am not anxious to return.Special Features:
- Gluten-free friendly/ Good foodSeniorCitFoodieVIPDined on 8/16/2014We usually eat at a different (somewhat more elegant) Italian restaurant in VA Beach. We were drawn to Mannino's because it offers gluten-free pasta--an issue for one of us. We were not disappointed. Most impressive for us was the fresh swordfish--the evening special--a very generously sized serving that was truly fresh and very decently prepared. Even the gluten-free pasta was good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Great food, great service! I will return as often as I can. The food was fresh tasting, and sauces tasted fresh with herbs as farm to fork style.Special Features:
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/9/2014The pasta special was outstanding. Enough for 3 meals!Special Features:
- Mannino's new locationDRSHRIESVIPDined on 7/29/2014While we understood that this is a new location for Mannino's, it wasn't ready for prime time. While the service staff was friendly and helpful, including finding my bicycle lock key, the service was slow and somewhat disorganized. After seating, it was 10 minutes before water served, and almost 30 minutes before our wine was served. We had to flag down a staff member to get the oil and balsomic that was to accompany the bread. Our appetizers did not arrive at the same, which was explained by the server that she decided we could share one before serving the other. The appetizers and main courses were good but not exceptional. The restaurant decorum was old and fairly spartan. We will try it again later in the year.Special Features:
- The following 1 reviews are from the Mannino's Italian Bistro - Oceanfront reviews archive.
- #Bring on the CaloriesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014The Oceanfront location is within walking distance to Virginia Beach. My wife, eleven month old daughter, and I were treated like family. The service is exceptional, wine list is decent, and the spaghetti/chicken parmesan was the best we have had in a very long time. Portions are large. Their crab soup is a must have. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.