Manning's Restaurant - Harrah's New Orleans
519 Fulton Street
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
Central Business District
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Manning's Restaurant - Harrah's New Orleans
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harrahsneworleans.com/restaurants/mannings-eat-drink-cheer.html#.Ux4pts76TCo
- Phone: 5045938072x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Friday 11:00 am - 11:00 pm: Saturday 8:00am - 11:00pm Sunday: 8:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Southern
- Executive Chef: Jared Tees
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Manning's Restaurant - Harrah's New Orleans
Manning’s, located on Fulton Street across from Harrah's Casino and Hotel, pays homage to the area's unique architecture and reflects the city's "Laissez les bons temps rouler" attitude.The casual yet refined eatery features more than 30 flat screen TVs and unique memorabilia from Louisiana's first football family. Manning's menu features comfort food from the Mississippi delta with unique Creole twists and creative interpretations of tailgating classics. No matter who your favorite team is, Manning's is the place to Eat, Drink, & Cheer!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Manning's Restaurant - Harrah's New Orleans reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (5)great for outdoor dining (5)great for lunch (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)fit for foodies (2)neighborhood gem (2)special occasion (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great Sports Resturant !RDfromTNDined on 8/6/2014The food was really good! We had the baby back ribs and an Archie Burger. Both were awesome. The staff was friendly, and seeing all of the pictures and sports Memorabilia makes the visit well worth the trip.Special Features:
- DisappointingCraneVIPDined on 7/31/2014Guess sport bars are not know for their food because the food is just fair here. But, great sport bar for watching sporting events
- Mannings - Fabulous Sports Themebon102784Dined on 7/15/2014The atmosphere was fabulous if you are a sports fan. Adding to the atmosphere is wonderful outdoor dining if you prefer and the food was great. Highly recommend to anyone visiting New Orleans that wants a great meal where you can dress casual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDawnGDined on 6/28/2014We recommended this restaurant to our group this weekend as our prior experience (about 4 months ago) was quite enjoyable. It seems that everything we liked about it has changed. The menu was different. Several of the dishes were simply not tasty. The kids all wanted root beer floats as we had on our prior visit. The staff did attempt to fill that order even though it was not in the menu. The best dish was the kids' Mac and cheese. The servers were friendly but the kitchen failed them. We were disappointed and won't be recommending it any time soon.
- The following 309 reviews are from the Manning's Restaurant - Harrah's New Orleans reviews archive.
- did not likedisapointedDined on 6/21/2014I thought Mannings was a nice restaurant, not a sports bar, my mistake, No silverware was on the table. We received our apatizer and had to eat with our fingers. The main course was brought and the waiter was leaving and had to be called back because still no silverware. I do not like that you do not answ. the phone, no way to talk to anyone, no way to ask questions. The food was OK, nothing special. I ordered ribs, first time that I have ever ordered ribs and got a peace of meat with no bone, The meat had a lot of fat. The other 3 dishes were OK.
- Hope Quality's Not SlippingDiscerningDinerDined on 6/15/2014Server was a "no we can't" kind of gal - not a "yes we can"! Two of us ordered burgers and told her how we wanted them cooked. She said it's a thin patty and they're all cooked the same. We questioned this since last time we ate here the burger patties were thick and juicy. She said instead of an 8 oz, they now use two 4 oz patties cause it's too hard to get them cooked right and this way's easier on the kitchen. Too loud for a family dinner. Not terribly busy (there were empty tables all around us), so not sure why staff seemed frazzled and some menu items were not available. Previous visit, we had good service and a good experience. I hope this restaurant can sustain this and not let the quality slip. This visit disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rush ordering food salty /coldNeveragainDined on 6/15/2014Very Dissappointed Menu limited the food was salty and cold. I heard from many of my friends and business associates same but i wanted to give the establishment a chance . I know many well known new orleanians that I will let them know/ let my family members that work at channel 6 know as well. If you check i did not spend a little amount of money my bill was $ 200+ it was not worth it PS i dine very frequently on Fulton Street always was suggested by my party dont go there but i was wiling to try
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Great place, but very noisy! Make sure to book a reservation in advance!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/3/2014Great location near Harrah's Hotel & Casino. Had dinner which was great. Menu is short but many good items to order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atmosphere can't make up for itElleDined on 5/30/2014There are lots of TVs, great bar area, and a nice seating area similar to a Sports Book in a casino. So, great atmosphere. However, the waiter didn't have knowledge of the beer selection. We got there about 7 and the only special on drinks was some weird deal where you had to go to the restaurant next door first. Why tell us about it if we aren't eligible? The food was mediocre: Burgers had 2 thin patties like at McDonalds. The "BBQ" shrimp were really over-rich with butter. The grits come as two fried patties with grits and mostly cheese. It sounds delicious, if you are ready to blow your diet, but it was way too rich. The menu is short and sweet so we expected each item to be good. Unfortunately, I wouldn't recommend it.Special Features:
- Sports HeavenMrMikieDined on 5/25/2014Stadium seating in front of the HUGE tv is awesome! Great bar and bartenders.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/19/2014Nice interior and great sports bar, had the hamburger and it was great wife had Shrimp poboy and it was nothing special. Processed shrimp fried then place on hard french bread. Could make it better at the house. To many other great resturants around there , really don't have a reasont to go back.Special Features:
- HOTTY TODDY!!!OlemsFanDined on 4/29/2014Loved the food. Great service. The ribs were juicy and sweet. Great shrimp poboy. And the warm beignets were yummy with the caramel sauce. Great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just So Soscottsh115Dined on 4/24/2014The TVs are state of the art. The food was OK. The servers made sure we were taken care of.Special Features:
- Very good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2014We honestly only tried this place because we hadn't planned ahead for Saturday dinner reservations and this was one of the only spots on our list of possibilities that didn't have a wait. We had burgers and they were very good. Not a huge menu, but offered all the typical sports bar type of food. Service was prompt and friendly. The only down side was that there really wasn't anything about the place that felt specific to New Orleans - could have been in any city - and we try to visit restaurants that feel more "local". But it's a great option for a decent meal and we wouldn't mind returning.
- Good for Watching SportsmikeDined on 4/11/2014We visited Mannings because we knew they will be showing a lot of sports. We are from Wisconsin and wanted to watch the Brewers. They put it on a TV near us and it was perfect. Food is usually OK. Our server was attentive and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerJonathanDined on 3/30/2014My wife and I live in New Orleans and we went there since we had never been and wanted to try something different. We were both very pleased with the food. She had the Nicoise Salad and I had the New York Strip. Both dishes were cooked to perfection. They had a surprising variety of different wines and the J. Lohr I had was really good. It's a sports bar with a huge TV (multiple TV's put together) on the wall and TV's lined up along the wall. Each had a different game on, which is why we were pleasantly surprised how good the food was.Special Features:
- 2nd Try FailNOLocalDined on 3/29/2014This was our second trip to Mannings and again the food was a big disappointment. It's simply just low quality bar food and frankly I believe if it weren't for the "Manning" label this restaurant would not have survived in a city with countless outstanding restaurants.
- Very good first impressionAlexanderVIPDined on 3/24/2014I have only had a salad and a glass of beer. Both were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodLmitchVIPDined on 3/23/2014Great place to watch sports while eating a good meal.Special Features:
- My husband loved his entréeJCEZDined on 3/15/2014My husband loved his entrée but mine was terrible. Breading on oysters was soggy and I couldn't eat the fries. Service is slow. Benniets were better than Café du Monde.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere poor serviceChrisDined on 3/13/2014We were small group and the staff directed everyone to the bar until everyone arrived. They were very nice but the waitress was ridiculously slow and would forget ordered items. We waited a very long time with nothing but a loaf of bread (no butter or dipping oil)and the drinks we had brought form the bar. One uncut loaf of bread for 12 people was strange. Had we not been having such good conversation, I would have gotten up to speak to the manager.Special Features:
- Great meal on a rainy Mardi GrasMargieVIPDined on 3/4/2014I expected a loud sports bar but was happy to see it was not. Plenty of screens to enjoy the games but no blaring TVs, music. No problem enjoying excellent food and conversation. The shrimp po boy was full of delicious shrimp: a VERY generous amount of shrimp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InconsistentPittapatDined on 3/3/2014This was my 2nd experience here. We had a party of 8 and I recommended a certain dish that I had eaten before and loved . Unfortunately the dish was over seasoned with hot sauce that you could not eat the dish. Very disappointed!Special Features:
- OddMDC86Dined on 2/24/2014Odd menu with a menu that had items on it that they had been out of for 'months'. Waiter dropped food so one if our party didn't eat with rest but they did comp anything . More of a sports bar than I expected.
- food was really good and enjoyedwhoopdeeDined on 2/18/2014food was really good and enjoyed the appetizers alot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb ServicesportsfanflaDined on 2/14/2014This was my first visit to Mannings. It lived up to its billing. Great ambiance. Superior service. Waiter listened to my healthy choice needs, and recommended appropriate dishes. He was careful to serve without constantly interrupting. Very professional. I will be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- menu?racepairDined on 1/31/2014On the menu, showed a new york strip, Only steak on the menu. we were informed that if we ordered steak it would be rib-eye????? Still confused...............Special Features:
- Enjoyf4thoughtDined on 1/24/2014It was was my first time at Manning's. The food was the star, I loved the atmosphere, and the service was excellent. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sports Bar.NOLAYesDined on 12/31/2013Good choice of viewing channels, easily seen TVs. Yummy Catfish Tidbits. Good wings. Salads very good. Dessert portions serve two. Service has improved since opening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas DinnerJewelsDined on 12/25/2013We got there early and were able to be seated earlier than our reservation. In addition to the regular menu they had a Revellion menu. We chose to eat the prefix menu and it was delicious. Presentation was very nice and portion size was generous. I would eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST PLACE TO WATCH THE GAME!!!!WesleysmomDined on 12/24/2013The atmosphere was great...we had a great table location. The service was a bit slow and the waitress confused at times. They were busy and needed more staff on hand. Our last experience was much better than this one. Overall we had a great time because we were with a group. The food is sports bar good. Would like a bit more on the menu- more choices for sandwiches and salads.Special Features:
- Worst service everLizzzDined on 12/24/2013Got our salad before our drinks came saw server a total of maybe three times good thing we didn't have anything wrong with our food or needed a refill because we would have gone hungry in thirsty. Took forever to get te check. Oh and it wasn't that busy either so there were no excuses. Nothing bad about the food but that the wedge salad was nothing special. Party liked their entrees of pork and my burger was ok. Fries were good though!!!
- Food was very mediocre forOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/28/2013Food was very mediocre for New Orleans where it's hard to get a bad meal. Service was terrible. Water glasses were not refilled and food for all guests did not arrive at the same time. Would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. Best part of experience was game viewing.
- Good, not greatLookinforPizzainChiVIPDined on 11/19/2013I had a quick lunch, solo, here. I did the tomato soup, which was unique - tasty but super rich. It came with a pretty yummy little grilled cheese sandwich (a bonus not noted on the menu). Service was good. Felt like a pub, and the food was pub like as well.
- A nice night outEricDined on 11/1/2013Food was really good, the star off was because our brownie dessert was a little burnt. We really enjoyed everything else, and would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- trying to hard to fancy footballdidntlikeitatallDined on 10/7/2013trying to hard to fancy football food up. didnt like the food at all. if you want to watch football come to mannings. if you want to eat go somewhere else
- My experienceRaeRacDined on 10/4/2013The sports bar atmosphere was nice, however, the menu did not fit it. Was not impressed at all. I ordered gumbo and being from New Orleans I know what it should taste like. The gumbo had no taste at all. Really think a menu change would help. Before going myself I was told the food wasn't that great and now I can agree.Special Features:
- How Important is Service?nolaloveDined on 9/30/2013Former long time New Orleans residents, our family met up in town for the Saints Monday Night game and a birthday celebration. We are all die-hard fans of the Manning family, and decided Manning's would be the perfect pre-game dinner spot. The atmosphere was nice, the restaurant is clean, and decorated with Manning memorabilia. The food was pretty good. The downfall was the service. The server was pleasant enough, though not friendly, and just did not seem interested in providing good service. We had to ask for utensils after our appetizers arrived. I asked three times for a cold glass (I never got it). The couple sitting next to us said they'd experienced the same thing with their service. We likely will not return.Special Features:
- Manning's first timerCoachDined on 9/9/2013Absolutely loved this place. Could have spent hours looking at all the pictures and memorabilia. The food was delicious- collard greens, grits and catfish - amazing!!! Archie burger cooked to perfection! We will definitely return to Manning's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.