2522 Mankas Corner Road
Fairfield, CA 94534Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mankassteakhouse.net/
- Phone: 7074253207x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon - Sun 11:00am-3:00pm
Dinner: Mon-Thur 5:00pm-9:00pm Fri-Sat 5:00pm-10:00pm
Sun 5:00pm- 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Peter Halikas
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The restaurant may provide food for private local events. To arrange for catering service, make arrangements to discuss your event with General Manager / Owner Tim Gill.
A word from Mankas Steakhouse
A wine-country casual but elegant steakhouse. Executive Chef Peter Halikas offers creative appetizers in the form of tapas, and a full American Steakhouse menu with a local California twist. Contemporary cocktails and a full bar. Features a world-class wine list complemented by full sommelier service. Surrounded by local wineries in the hidden gem of Suisun valley.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mankas Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (55)neighborhood gem (49)fit for foodies (43)special occasion (38)romantic (32)good for groups (28)notable wine list (28)great for lunch (27)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (7)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- A Must Visit!JasonDined on 10/24/2014There is something to be said about this Gem, But my words, well, they're my words. See for yourself and maybe you will be speechless like myself!Special Features:
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014The Food was so wonderful :) And I would recommend others to eat there for special OccasionsSpecial Features:
- fantastic findunhappydinerVIPDined on 10/22/2014We went on the spur of the moment and never expected the gem we found! Excellent food and service. Beautiful surroundings. We were planning or next visit before we left!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too pricey for qualitygivemegoodfoodDined on 10/18/2014My husband and I were there at 6:30 on a Saturday night - sat at a table for 2 near the bar. Lots of traffic on both sides of the aisle - seems like the seating could be rearranged so there would only be one traffic aisle. Servers were very attentive. Lobster Bisque and salads done well as advertised. I had the 6 oz filet, my husband had the rib eye. My steak was super tender and cooked as requested, but the rub was so spicy I was sweating and could not really taste the meat. My husband's steak (at $38) was also cooked as requested and had great flavor, but was so sinewey that 25% of it was inedible. Chocolate "lava" cake was basic devils food cake filled with melted chocolate -nice. Overall, 3.5 stars.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in FairfieldFoodeaterVIPDined on 10/12/2014This is the best restaurant in Fairfield, not to be missed. Great food, imaginative, excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off the grid steak houseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Great place out of town. The dining area by the bar was a bit cold so we asked to move outside. We were placed in front of the fire place which was a little awkward for eating yet the best seats in thr house! Our meals were fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved our serverMaxXDined on 10/7/2014Emiliano, from Italy , was attentive, interesting, and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little GemMLozanoDined on 10/6/2014Great wine selection (consider the area). The food: excellent flavors, textures and development experience. Casually upscale. Excellent service and attention. Good personalities... Experience this with friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect For Saturday Night DateRodneyCDined on 10/4/2014My lovely fiancee and i dined here last Saturday night and had a wonderful experience. The staff was absolutely awesome! We were out visiting vineyards for the day and planned a nice dinner at Mankas. We had to push our reservation back from 8PM to 8:30 and there was no problem. We arrived and i was happy to see that they reviewed the comments i provided when i setup the reservation and provided us with a champagne toast to celebrate our engagement. Long story short i would highly recommend dinner at Mankas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, so so serviceaspenmatthewsDined on 10/4/2014Very good food, nice atmosphere, but the server wasn't the brightest. We specified the need for one person in our group to have Gluten Free, and she was great about checking on the appetizer. She said the shrimp scampi for an entree was fine, but when it came out it was a large bowl of pasta. She apologized profusely then took a replacement order for that item. She then asked us if we wanted to just keep the shrimp as they'd just throw it away otherwise. We said okay as we could find someone at home to eat it. The rest of the meal went fine until we got the check. She had charged us for the shrimp scampi. When it was brought to her attention, she did promptly remove it from the bill, and of course took the shrimp away.Special Features:
- delightful get awayToniJDined on 10/4/2014found this treasure looking for a lunch spot between Santa Rosa and Sacramento. Delightful location and charming restaurant. Service was excellent and great for a visit. Lunch was delicious although I thought the salad would be adequate for a meal. It's not. Should gave ordered soup as well or an appetizer. Chose a dessert cobbler to share. It was out of this world. Lovely treasure that is off the beaten path.I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great placeCharlesDined on 9/29/2014Needed a business lunch restaurant and let Open Table offer options in Fairfield. This place is a jewel. We needed a large table for spreading out documents. The staff was very helpful in suggestions on local wines. The option suggested was perfect. Food was hot and excellent. If you are in the area, it is worth going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but...angyDined on 9/27/2014The food was good quality but it's very frustrating to ear the waiter says that they are out of half of the menu. For the drinks, for the main course and for the dessert, we couldn't get what we wanted. Too bad, it didn't let me a good impression.
- Darling Place Tucked AwayFineDineDreamDined on 9/27/2014Great service with good food, Mankas was a welcome finale to a day trip with my husband. Be warned that parking is a challenge, but it's definitely worth stopping in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!SB18VIPDined on 9/22/2014Great out of the way place! Service is extraordinary. We were there for lunch and the food was fine; we didn't order anything special- salad & sandwich. They were both good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experiencetime2dineDined on 9/22/2014Visited Mankas Steakhouse for lunch. Service was wonderful, foodles was served promptly and with flair. I highly recommend this restaurant. Reservations recommended for weekend dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden TreasureAnnaVIPDined on 9/20/2014Food was delicious, service was great. I would heartily recommend this place. If you are stuck on 80 ever, and need a break - this isn't that far from the highway - I would definitely say break up your travel with a dinner stop here. Try the tuna appetizer or the calamari - delicious! Also, you can't go wrong with any of the salads - all fresh and flavorful - add some grilled shrimp for a few dollars more - again, very tasty and well prepared. One of our friends had the halibut - many places don't know how to cook it properly - this was cooked perfectly & the corn salsa that was plated with it was also very tasty. We will be backSpecial Features:
- Meal SpoiledOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Good Wine and menu selection. Service was good. Atmosphere was disappointing as restaurant staff would not correct problem of family with small children allowing them to run around and make alot of noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice hide awaynightoutDined on 9/19/2014Very nice restaurant tucked away in the green valley area. Service was good, food was good, good selection of wines. We sat outside since it was a warm night. Very quiet area, if youre looking for a nice quiet place to enjoy time with loved ones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth the ride.MilhouxDined on 9/19/2014Our first time to this restaurant. It was a pleasant suprise to find such a friendly place near Fairfield. The service was prompt and attentive. Food was good but not haute cuisine. The tapas choices were a bit disappointing but acceptable. Loved the highlighting of the local - Suisun valley - wines. Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!!LindseyDined on 9/19/2014Delicious food, delicious wine! Recommend the Viejo! Great service, great restaurant. Have Emiliano as your server, he's fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014we loved the food and our servers were both delightful and knowableSpecial Features:
- Hidden gemCabosandraDined on 9/19/2014Slightly difficult to find but well worth the trek. Wonderful tapas and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manka's Tapas & Steakhousehondo001VIPDined on 9/16/2014Not solely a steakhouse; it has wide variety of food options. Pleasant indoors & energetic outdoors with live music. Full bar and nice wine selections. Service was attentive - no complaints. Food was tasty and creative with very nice presentations. Our group of 4 ordered eggplant with pasta, filet mignon (6 & 10 oz), 16 oz rib eye. With the exception of a slightly overdone medium rare ribeye, we enjoyed the entrees. Desserts (fruit crumble and cheese cake) were to die for. Worth repeating. Located a bit out of the way, and not much around it, which added to the charm; sorta out in the boonies. Total for 4, including entrees, 1 house salad, tomato burrata, 7 glasses of wine, 1 martini, 2 desserts, 3 coffees, tax & tip = $222.Special Features:
- CRWVVVIPDined on 9/13/2014Nice place. Tender steaks - filet and ribeye. Lots of local produce. Two entrees, two starters, one dessert, and a corkage fee - $146 (before the tip.) Rated $$ but more realistically $$$. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4of6Dined on 9/13/2014I have eaten here many times before but was disappointed this visit. Both mine and my wife's Salmon was a small portion and had little taste. One of our party had the ribs and was also disappointed, he didn't like the taste and ate very little of it. Another person had the lamb and liked the taste but was such a small portion. The other two had Halibut and were satisfied.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014The spare ribs were a little too smokey and the large serving of two full sections required a lot of work.Special Features:
- Very NiceCJSchultzDined on 9/6/2014We went here for a romantic dinner and it was wonderful. The service was friendly and not pushy and they accommodated my special request. The lamb liver was divine. My husband enjoyed his pasta penne.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatKirklandboyVIPDined on 9/4/2014We've been wanting to stop for years on our trips from Napa to Fairfield over the backroads. It has all kinds of potential, and it has the feel of a remote roadhouse that wants to be fancy. The lad who met us at the door was very nice and friendly. The food was fairly priced and it was decent but not distinguished. The service is an area of opportunity as is the espresso, which came without crema and was extremely bitter. When the waitress came and took the bill without even noticing the espresso was barely touched, I informed her. Her response was, "did you want me to take it off the bill?" At $4/ cup! Most places we've been when there is a hiccup, automatically do that. She didn't remove it and we won't be back.
- AlexaDined on 8/30/2014There is NOTHING negative about the delicious dishes and service. I've been here twice and HAD to order the bone marrow (I have unique tastes). The mac & cheese w/ lobster is SO yummy, their steak and frites are much better than in France. Definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeesBuckhornDined on 8/29/2014The only bad thing about out dinner was the bees that started to swarm around our food. The staff was attentative right away & lit our lantern, then the bees were pretty much gone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to enjoy a meal.WonderfulDined on 8/24/2014We eat here on Sundays after Church and always enjoy the wonderful atmosphere and wonderful service. The food is always incredible as is the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively place in a rural settingjustyVIPDined on 8/23/2014Fine dining in a unique location. We brought our kids and everyone was more than satisfied with their choices. Wide variety on the menu and the service was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful surpriseEatwellDined on 8/21/2014This gem of a place had delicious food, excellent service, and a smashing singer to boot. I'd recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- ServiceCarlDined on 8/19/2014Have eaten here before but this time service was very slow. Unable to determine a reason. Will still go there again.Special Features:
- Mankas MiracleBillybobDined on 8/13/2014Mankas steakhouse is a hidden gem in Suisun Valley. Their Wednesday night steak and scampi special was reasonably priced and the quality was excellent. Add to that the "local"peach cobbler desert and fantastic wine selection and it is Napa quality with out the drive. It is also nice that the chef shops the local vendors for his fruits and vegetables. The service is very professional in a relaxed atmosphere. We will be back on a regular basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaryDined on 8/12/2014Pleasant to find this fine restaurant in such a rural setting. A couple good wineries nearby as well, and an amazing produce market called Larry's.Special Features:
- Great place so close to home!LighthouseGirlDined on 8/9/2014From start to finish, everything was great. This restaurant feels home-town yet delivers on quality of food. Service was fantastic. As the restaurant filled in, the noise level was still enjoyable. I don't care for loud places, this was just right. We had a great time and never felt rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You Must Go!falconDined on 8/8/2014Superb Tenderloin and Tuna appetizer; best ever Lobster bisque. I was impressed with food quality & service. Expensive but worth it!Special Features:
- Manka's Not as good as last yearAllanNVIPDined on 8/8/2014The food was only fair and the wine list was lacking.