2522 Mankas Corner Road
Fairfield, CA 94534Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mankassteakhouse.net/
- Phone: 7074253207x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon - Sun 11:00am-3:00pm
Dinner: Mon-Thur 5:00pm-9:00pm Fri-Sat 5:00pm-10:00pm
Sun 5:00pm- 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Peter Halikas
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The restaurant may provide food for private local events. To arrange for catering service, make arrangements to discuss your event with General Manager / Owner Tim Gill.
A word from Mankas Steakhouse
A wine-country casual but elegant steakhouse. Executive Chef Peter Halikas offers creative appetizers in the form of tapas, and a full American Steakhouse menu with a local California twist. Contemporary cocktails and a full bar. Features a world-class wine list complemented by full sommelier service. Surrounded by local wineries in the hidden gem of Suisun valley.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mankas Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (49)neighborhood gem (48)special occasion (41)fit for foodies (33)romantic (28)great for lunch (27)good for groups (24)notable wine list (23)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (6)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Fabulous!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014Delicious food, delicious wine! Recommend the Viejo! Great service, great restaurant. Have Emiliano as your server, he's fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CRWVVVIPDined on 9/13/2014Nice place. Tender steaks - filet and ribeye. Lots of local produce. Two entrees, two starters, one dessert, and a corkage fee - $146 (before the tip.) Rated $$ but more realistically $$$. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4of6Dined on 9/13/2014I have eaten here many times before but was disappointed this visit. Both mine and my wife's Salmon was a small portion and had little taste. One of our party had the ribs and was also disappointed, he didn't like the taste and ate very little of it. Another person had the lamb and liked the taste but was such a small portion. The other two had Halibut and were satisfied.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014The spare ribs were a little too smokey and the large serving of two full sections required a lot of work.Special Features:
- Very NiceCJSchultzDined on 9/6/2014We went here for a romantic dinner and it was wonderful. The service was friendly and not pushy and they accommodated my special request. The lamb liver was divine. My husband enjoyed his pasta penne.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatKirklandboyVIPDined on 9/4/2014We've been wanting to stop for years on our trips from Napa to Fairfield over the backroads. It has all kinds of potential, and it has the feel of a remote roadhouse that wants to be fancy. The lad who met us at the door was very nice and friendly. The food was fairly priced and it was decent but not distinguished. The service is an area of opportunity as is the espresso, which came without crema and was extremely bitter. When the waitress came and took the bill without even noticing the espresso was barely touched, I informed her. Her response was, "did you want me to take it off the bill?" At $4/ cup! Most places we've been when there is a hiccup, automatically do that. She didn't remove it and we won't be back.
- AlexaDined on 8/30/2014There is NOTHING negative about the delicious dishes and service. I've been here twice and HAD to order the bone marrow (I have unique tastes). The mac & cheese w/ lobster is SO yummy, their steak and frites are much better than in France. Definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeesBuckhornDined on 8/29/2014The only bad thing about out dinner was the bees that started to swarm around our food. The staff was attentative right away & lit our lantern, then the bees were pretty much gone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to enjoy a meal.WonderfulDined on 8/24/2014We eat here on Sundays after Church and always enjoy the wonderful atmosphere and wonderful service. The food is always incredible as is the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively place in a rural settingjustyVIPDined on 8/23/2014Fine dining in a unique location. We brought our kids and everyone was more than satisfied with their choices. Wide variety on the menu and the service was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful surpriseEatwellDined on 8/21/2014This gem of a place had delicious food, excellent service, and a smashing singer to boot. I'd recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- ServiceCarlDined on 8/19/2014Have eaten here before but this time service was very slow. Unable to determine a reason. Will still go there again.Special Features:
- Mankas MiracleBillybobDined on 8/13/2014Mankas steakhouse is a hidden gem in Suisun Valley. Their Wednesday night steak and scampi special was reasonably priced and the quality was excellent. Add to that the "local"peach cobbler desert and fantastic wine selection and it is Napa quality with out the drive. It is also nice that the chef shops the local vendors for his fruits and vegetables. The service is very professional in a relaxed atmosphere. We will be back on a regular basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaryDined on 8/12/2014Pleasant to find this fine restaurant in such a rural setting. A couple good wineries nearby as well, and an amazing produce market called Larry's.Special Features:
- Great place so close to home!LighthouseGirlDined on 8/9/2014From start to finish, everything was great. This restaurant feels home-town yet delivers on quality of food. Service was fantastic. As the restaurant filled in, the noise level was still enjoyable. I don't care for loud places, this was just right. We had a great time and never felt rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You Must Go!falconDined on 8/8/2014Superb Tenderloin and Tuna appetizer; best ever Lobster bisque. I was impressed with food quality & service. Expensive but worth it!Special Features:
- Manka's Not as good as last yearAllanNVIPDined on 8/8/2014The food was only fair and the wine list was lacking.
- A great find in Fairfielddineout48Dined on 8/5/2014I really was pleased with the ambiance and interior design of the restaurant. The wait staff was very attentive and pleasant. I ordered the Spicy Garlic Shrimp & Chorizo appetizer was really wonderful. I tried the Tomato Water soup, a cold soup with prawns and avocado, which was a special that day. I have to say that it was very unusual, a bit bland for my taste, and not sure that I would order it again. I had a house salad with steak. The steak was perfectly cooked as ordered, and the greens were fresh with apples, walnuts and blue cheese crumbles. Cheesecake for dessert was perfection. I would definitely come back and would love to sit outdoors by one of the fireplaces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special ofSandraVIPDined on 8/2/2014They served the special with the silver skin left on. MeT was tough and unable to cut. Showed wAiter we were unable to cut meat. Offered another entree. So served much later than rest of us. No compensation offered. Would not go again.
- Quite a FindYummyDined on 7/29/2014This restaurant was highly recommended by family members, and it.was with them that we first dined here. Now we use any and every occasion to partake of the delicious food, perpared to Iindividual taste preferences and beautifully presented. The service is excellent with every member of the staff friendly, attentive, and anxious to please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS RESTAURANTdinnerclubfoodieDined on 7/27/2014Too bad it was such a hot day to enjoy their inviting patio. I plan on coming back for dinner on a cooler evening to enjoy the fireplace and ambiance of their outdoor patio. Enjoyable lunch - service was friendly, prompt and knowledgeable. I highly recommend the calamari appetizer - it was hot and crisp; the thinly sliced pepperoncinis sprinkled on top was a flavor bonus. The French dip and sweet potato fries were delicious. The only disappointment was the day's special tri-tip sandwich - the meat was overcooked and chewy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best of everything.goodfoodDined on 7/25/2014In a charming part of a Fairfield, this place looks great on the outside and even better on the inside. Nicely decorated, cozy and romantic. Friendly and prompt staff. The menu is good. My girlfriend was pleased to find bone marrow available and quite enjoyed it. The dry rub on my large rack of ribs was top notch. We will come back to eat here on our way to Napa often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SURPRISINGLY GOOD.OggieVIPDined on 7/23/2014WE HAVE EATEN HERE WHEN IT WAS UNDER DIFFERENT OWNERSHIP. FOOD WAS AVERAGE AND THE PLACE LOOKED LIKE AN EVERYDAY RESTAURANT. THEY HAVE REMODELED WITH A VERY NICE COURTYARD SEATING AS WELL INSIDE. WE HAD LUNCH HERE A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO AND ENJOYED OUTSELVES.. GAVE IT A TRY ON OUR ANNIVERSARY. HAD A FILET AND MY WIFE HAD SEAFOOD FETTUCCINI. WE SPLIT A BEET SALAD. BEETS WERE GREAT. MY FILET WAS GREAT.. RARE AS I LIKE IT AND VERY TENDER. MY WIFE ENJOYED HER DISH. THIS PLACE IS NOT CHEAP...BUT...WELL WORTH THE MONEY.Special Features:
- What a find...WCFoodieVIPDined on 7/22/2014Was looking for a good lunch spot in Fairfield. By the way, the sign on the building doesn't say Mankas Steakhouse, it says "Mankas Corner." Being from Walnut Creek and a bit of a food snob, I didn't think there was hope in Fairfield. Went on Open Table and found Mankas Steakhouse. They are so much more than steak. Food as good as any you will find in the Bay Area including The City. We sat on the patio - nice... Seemingly in the middle of no where. No resemblance of what I had in my mind to be "Fairfield." Althought he wasn't our waiter, Elijah was super nice and very informative. I would drive to Mankas again before I'd drive to The City.Special Features:
- Tuna Tar Tar a HitLucyVIPDined on 7/18/2014Love the tuna tar tar appetizer. Beautiful setting outside. This is my 6th or 7th visit. Also, an interesting collection of local Suisun/Green Valley wines. Definitely the best restaurant in the Fairfield area.Special Features:
- Hidden Gem in FairfieldSolanofoodieDined on 7/17/2014We think this is the best restaurant in Solano, and would give any of the better known places over the hill in Napa compitition. We were there on a Thurs nite and choose the patio partially because there was live music inside and it was to loud to talk over. The patio was perfect, the sky turning dusky overhead, the food was almost all perfect. Iceburg salad, yummm, halibut steak, yummm and eggplant curry, yummm. The apricot and peach crisp was plenty large for two to share and also rates a yummm. Local wine, Wasted Grape, from around the corner, very good. The only item we ordered that fell short in any way was the tuna tartar. And it wasn't bad, just failed to come together with its avacado and seseme seeds and very crispy crackers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- recommended ...jsweeneyDined on 7/12/2014Mankas Steakhouse was recommended to me, and it's certainly now my duty to recommend it to others. Between a one and a ten, Mankas has a NINE PLUS, and a strong recommendation.Special Features:
- MaggieVIPDined on 7/11/2014Love the filet mignon, consistent... Always wonderful. Friendly staff. Weather was perfect for outdoor diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationgreenvalleygirlDined on 7/5/2014We went there for a celebration. Party of 8. I requested a table on the patio near the front where it might be cooler. I also called by phone and reconfirmed the table and got a definite response. When we arrived we were seated at a table at the back of the patio user the roof where it was VERY warm. We were told there was a new ownership and thus the confusion? The staff did reseat us at the table we requested and the remainder of the service was exceptional . They very cordially uncorked the local wine that we had purchased during our wine tasting that afternoon, Their policy for local wine corkage is "no charge".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quiet dinergilliamsDined on 7/5/2014We are blessed to have the Mankas Steak house located in our own neighborhood. We enjoyed a very relaxing diner for two along with a fine 2007 Zin from nearby Veezer Family Winery.Special Features:
- Continues to disapointVallejoboyVIPDined on 6/28/2014Terrible service starting with a 30-45 minute wait after being seated for anyone to talk with us. Waiter took our orders then never came back. We had to ask hostess for bread, drinks, etc. Ribs overcooked, chicken terrible, appeared to be poached too long. Fourth time there - will not be back.
- Late June lunch at Manka'sMaryDined on 6/28/2014On a warm late June Saturday lunch hour, we were surprised to find so few people in the restaurant. I think that they must all have been pushing wheelbarrows down at Larry's Produce! The "special" entre salad of the day wasn't very special and not very large. The calimari, on the other hand, was excellent...all calimari except for just one or two deep-fried lemon slice...a nice surprise. Excellent sweet potato fries accompanied my companion's pork slider. It became too warm outside to encouraging lingering for dessert. I'll order more carefully next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sistersueDined on 6/26/2014I enjoyed everything except I felt the waiter bugged us more than I appreciate. I almost asked him to please leave us alone. We were there on a Thursday evening for a birthday celebration. The music was easy listening and we would like to hear them again.
- Worth the TripStaceyVIPDined on 6/20/2014Living in Napa Valley, we rarely go to Fairfield for dinner. But when one of our favorite Napa Valley chefs, Peter Halikas (formerly of NV), opened Mankas Steakhouse, we had to give it a try. And we are so glad we did. For starters, we recommend both Peter's signature beet Napoleon and the tomato bisque. The filet mignon, ribeye, and babyback ribs were all of excellent quality and done perfectly to our liking. We thought we were too full for dessert but the chef and our waiter (both owners) decided we had to sample the apricot cobbler. It was so delicious that we ate every bite! Now I really want to go back to try the tuna tartar, pork belly, salmon and chicken. Everything was so good that Fairfield doesn't seem far away at all!Special Features:
- Local Gem, Fresh Food, Fun Placehollisj1Dined on 6/19/2014Fun, unique restaurant off the beaten path. Enjoyed the pulled pork sliders during recent lunch visit, although the portions were small. Lunch menu has many appetizers, plus cheese plates. The food is consistently good & fresh, the service is excellent & the ambiance is casual, inviting. Outdoor patio seating is especially fun! Previous steak, lamb dinners have all been great. Variety of nice Suisun Valley wines available & if you bring in a bottle of Vezers wine (tasting room is next door), there's no corkage fee (for lunch or dinner). Close to a few wineries too, which makes the area a fun road trip destination for some local wine tasting and an afternoon lunch or early dinner at a laid-back, fun restaurant.Special Features:
- CONTINUES TO BE A FAVORITEOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/18/2014Every time we go we have a great meal from the food, service and ambiance we love this restaurant. will return soon and will spread the word of this hidden gem of a restaurant Love Mankas Steakhouse
- AmbienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/15/2014Although it's in the country side....it had an almost European feel to it....very traditional yet modern....Special Features:
- Third time but not the last!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2014My group included foodies and two chefs that enjoyed the innovativeness of the chefs and the presentations. We tried the lamb heart starter, the beet salad, and nightly special, all excellently prepared and presented. We liked the focus on the local wines. The dessert menu was limited but we tried two of the three options and both were very well prepared and presented. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & ServicelovegreatfoodDined on 6/15/2014We were greeted and seated promptly. Waiters were very attentive. Serving of bread portion prior to and doing meal was very small. The salads we had were wonderful. My guest ordered a filet mignon steak that was cook perfectly. He rated it a 7 compared to others he had. I had the halibut; though it was very good, I was very disappointed in the serving portion; good thing I had a salad, otherwise I would have left hungry.Special Features:
- Disappointed.4LoesDined on 6/15/2014I've been to Mankas steak house a few times with my family, but after dining there on Father's Day, I will not go back. Our waiter basically forgot about is, I tried to grab another staff member and they just basically ignored us... We heard numerous other tables complaining as well. They were very busy and I assume very understaffed but, we waited 45 minutes for my daughters desert and I had to grab the bus boy to retrieve our check, which I wish I wouldn't have paid now. Won't be going back or recommending this place to anyone anymore. Too bad because we used to enjoy it there.