2522 Mankas Corner Road
Fairfield, CA 94534Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mankassteakhouse.net/
- Phone: 7074253207x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon - Sun 11:00am-3:00pm
Dinner: Mon-Thur 5:00pm-9:00pm Fri-Sat 5:00pm-10:00pm
Sun 5:00pm- 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Peter Halikas
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The restaurant may provide food for private local events. To arrange for catering service, make arrangements to discuss your event with General Manager / Owner Tim Gill.
A word from Mankas Steakhouse
A wine-country casual but elegant steakhouse. Executive Chef Peter Halikas offers creative appetizers in the form of tapas, and a full American Steakhouse menu with a local California twist. Contemporary cocktails and a full bar. Features a world-class wine list complemented by full sommelier service. Surrounded by local wineries in the hidden gem of Suisun valley.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mankas Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (56)great for outdoor dining (54)special occasion (40)fit for foodies (37)great for lunch (30)good for groups (28)romantic (28)notable wine list (25)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (7)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- What a great placeCharlesDined on 9/29/2014Needed a business lunch restaurant and let Open Table offer options in Fairfield. This place is a jewel. We needed a large table for spreading out documents. The staff was very helpful in suggestions on local wines. The option suggested was perfect. Food was hot and excellent. If you are in the area, it is worth going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Darling Place Tucked AwayFineDineDreamDined on 9/27/2014Great service with good food, Mankas was a welcome finale to a day trip with my husband. Be warned that parking is a challenge, but it's definitely worth stopping in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!SB18VIPDined on 9/22/2014Great out of the way place! Service is extraordinary. We were there for lunch and the food was fine; we didn't order anything special- salad & sandwich. They were both good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experiencetime2dineDined on 9/22/2014Visited Mankas Steakhouse for lunch. Service was wonderful, foodles was served promptly and with flair. I highly recommend this restaurant. Reservations recommended for weekend dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden TreasureAnnaVIPDined on 9/20/2014Food was delicious, service was great. I would heartily recommend this place. If you are stuck on 80 ever, and need a break - this isn't that far from the highway - I would definitely say break up your travel with a dinner stop here. Try the tuna appetizer or the calamari - delicious! Also, you can't go wrong with any of the salads - all fresh and flavorful - add some grilled shrimp for a few dollars more - again, very tasty and well prepared. One of our friends had the halibut - many places don't know how to cook it properly - this was cooked perfectly & the corn salsa that was plated with it was also very tasty. We will be backSpecial Features:
- Meal SpoiledOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Good Wine and menu selection. Service was good. Atmosphere was disappointing as restaurant staff would not correct problem of family with small children allowing them to run around and make alot of noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice hide awaynightoutDined on 9/19/2014Very nice restaurant tucked away in the green valley area. Service was good, food was good, good selection of wines. We sat outside since it was a warm night. Very quiet area, if youre looking for a nice quiet place to enjoy time with loved ones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth the ride.MilhouxDined on 9/19/2014Our first time to this restaurant. It was a pleasant suprise to find such a friendly place near Fairfield. The service was prompt and attentive. Food was good but not haute cuisine. The tapas choices were a bit disappointing but acceptable. Loved the highlighting of the local - Suisun valley - wines. Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!!LindseyDined on 9/19/2014Delicious food, delicious wine! Recommend the Viejo! Great service, great restaurant. Have Emiliano as your server, he's fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014we loved the food and our servers were both delightful and knowableSpecial Features:
- Hidden gemCabosandraDined on 9/19/2014Slightly difficult to find but well worth the trek. Wonderful tapas and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manka's Tapas & Steakhousehondo001VIPDined on 9/16/2014Not solely a steakhouse; it has wide variety of food options. Pleasant indoors & energetic outdoors with live music. Full bar and nice wine selections. Service was attentive - no complaints. Food was tasty and creative with very nice presentations. Our group of 4 ordered eggplant with pasta, filet mignon (6 & 10 oz), 16 oz rib eye. With the exception of a slightly overdone medium rare ribeye, we enjoyed the entrees. Desserts (fruit crumble and cheese cake) were to die for. Worth repeating. Located a bit out of the way, and not much around it, which added to the charm; sorta out in the boonies. Total for 4, including entrees, 1 house salad, tomato burrata, 7 glasses of wine, 1 martini, 2 desserts, 3 coffees, tax & tip = $222.Special Features:
- CRWVVVIPDined on 9/13/2014Nice place. Tender steaks - filet and ribeye. Lots of local produce. Two entrees, two starters, one dessert, and a corkage fee - $146 (before the tip.) Rated $$ but more realistically $$$. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4of6Dined on 9/13/2014I have eaten here many times before but was disappointed this visit. Both mine and my wife's Salmon was a small portion and had little taste. One of our party had the ribs and was also disappointed, he didn't like the taste and ate very little of it. Another person had the lamb and liked the taste but was such a small portion. The other two had Halibut and were satisfied.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014The spare ribs were a little too smokey and the large serving of two full sections required a lot of work.Special Features:
- Very NiceCJSchultzDined on 9/6/2014We went here for a romantic dinner and it was wonderful. The service was friendly and not pushy and they accommodated my special request. The lamb liver was divine. My husband enjoyed his pasta penne.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatKirklandboyVIPDined on 9/4/2014We've been wanting to stop for years on our trips from Napa to Fairfield over the backroads. It has all kinds of potential, and it has the feel of a remote roadhouse that wants to be fancy. The lad who met us at the door was very nice and friendly. The food was fairly priced and it was decent but not distinguished. The service is an area of opportunity as is the espresso, which came without crema and was extremely bitter. When the waitress came and took the bill without even noticing the espresso was barely touched, I informed her. Her response was, "did you want me to take it off the bill?" At $4/ cup! Most places we've been when there is a hiccup, automatically do that. She didn't remove it and we won't be back.
- AlexaDined on 8/30/2014There is NOTHING negative about the delicious dishes and service. I've been here twice and HAD to order the bone marrow (I have unique tastes). The mac & cheese w/ lobster is SO yummy, their steak and frites are much better than in France. Definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeesBuckhornDined on 8/29/2014The only bad thing about out dinner was the bees that started to swarm around our food. The staff was attentative right away & lit our lantern, then the bees were pretty much gone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to enjoy a meal.WonderfulDined on 8/24/2014We eat here on Sundays after Church and always enjoy the wonderful atmosphere and wonderful service. The food is always incredible as is the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively place in a rural settingjustyVIPDined on 8/23/2014Fine dining in a unique location. We brought our kids and everyone was more than satisfied with their choices. Wide variety on the menu and the service was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful surpriseEatwellDined on 8/21/2014This gem of a place had delicious food, excellent service, and a smashing singer to boot. I'd recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- ServiceCarlDined on 8/19/2014Have eaten here before but this time service was very slow. Unable to determine a reason. Will still go there again.Special Features:
- Mankas MiracleBillybobDined on 8/13/2014Mankas steakhouse is a hidden gem in Suisun Valley. Their Wednesday night steak and scampi special was reasonably priced and the quality was excellent. Add to that the "local"peach cobbler desert and fantastic wine selection and it is Napa quality with out the drive. It is also nice that the chef shops the local vendors for his fruits and vegetables. The service is very professional in a relaxed atmosphere. We will be back on a regular basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaryDined on 8/12/2014Pleasant to find this fine restaurant in such a rural setting. A couple good wineries nearby as well, and an amazing produce market called Larry's.Special Features:
- Great place so close to home!LighthouseGirlDined on 8/9/2014From start to finish, everything was great. This restaurant feels home-town yet delivers on quality of food. Service was fantastic. As the restaurant filled in, the noise level was still enjoyable. I don't care for loud places, this was just right. We had a great time and never felt rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You Must Go!falconDined on 8/8/2014Superb Tenderloin and Tuna appetizer; best ever Lobster bisque. I was impressed with food quality & service. Expensive but worth it!Special Features:
- Manka's Not as good as last yearAllanNVIPDined on 8/8/2014The food was only fair and the wine list was lacking.
- A great find in Fairfielddineout48Dined on 8/5/2014I really was pleased with the ambiance and interior design of the restaurant. The wait staff was very attentive and pleasant. I ordered the Spicy Garlic Shrimp & Chorizo appetizer was really wonderful. I tried the Tomato Water soup, a cold soup with prawns and avocado, which was a special that day. I have to say that it was very unusual, a bit bland for my taste, and not sure that I would order it again. I had a house salad with steak. The steak was perfectly cooked as ordered, and the greens were fresh with apples, walnuts and blue cheese crumbles. Cheesecake for dessert was perfection. I would definitely come back and would love to sit outdoors by one of the fireplaces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special ofSandraVIPDined on 8/2/2014They served the special with the silver skin left on. MeT was tough and unable to cut. Showed wAiter we were unable to cut meat. Offered another entree. So served much later than rest of us. No compensation offered. Would not go again.
- Quite a FindYummyDined on 7/29/2014This restaurant was highly recommended by family members, and it.was with them that we first dined here. Now we use any and every occasion to partake of the delicious food, perpared to Iindividual taste preferences and beautifully presented. The service is excellent with every member of the staff friendly, attentive, and anxious to please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS RESTAURANTdinnerclubfoodieDined on 7/27/2014Too bad it was such a hot day to enjoy their inviting patio. I plan on coming back for dinner on a cooler evening to enjoy the fireplace and ambiance of their outdoor patio. Enjoyable lunch - service was friendly, prompt and knowledgeable. I highly recommend the calamari appetizer - it was hot and crisp; the thinly sliced pepperoncinis sprinkled on top was a flavor bonus. The French dip and sweet potato fries were delicious. The only disappointment was the day's special tri-tip sandwich - the meat was overcooked and chewy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best of everything.goodfoodDined on 7/25/2014In a charming part of a Fairfield, this place looks great on the outside and even better on the inside. Nicely decorated, cozy and romantic. Friendly and prompt staff. The menu is good. My girlfriend was pleased to find bone marrow available and quite enjoyed it. The dry rub on my large rack of ribs was top notch. We will come back to eat here on our way to Napa often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SURPRISINGLY GOOD.OggieVIPDined on 7/23/2014WE HAVE EATEN HERE WHEN IT WAS UNDER DIFFERENT OWNERSHIP. FOOD WAS AVERAGE AND THE PLACE LOOKED LIKE AN EVERYDAY RESTAURANT. THEY HAVE REMODELED WITH A VERY NICE COURTYARD SEATING AS WELL INSIDE. WE HAD LUNCH HERE A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO AND ENJOYED OUTSELVES.. GAVE IT A TRY ON OUR ANNIVERSARY. HAD A FILET AND MY WIFE HAD SEAFOOD FETTUCCINI. WE SPLIT A BEET SALAD. BEETS WERE GREAT. MY FILET WAS GREAT.. RARE AS I LIKE IT AND VERY TENDER. MY WIFE ENJOYED HER DISH. THIS PLACE IS NOT CHEAP...BUT...WELL WORTH THE MONEY.Special Features:
- What a find...WCFoodieVIPDined on 7/22/2014Was looking for a good lunch spot in Fairfield. By the way, the sign on the building doesn't say Mankas Steakhouse, it says "Mankas Corner." Being from Walnut Creek and a bit of a food snob, I didn't think there was hope in Fairfield. Went on Open Table and found Mankas Steakhouse. They are so much more than steak. Food as good as any you will find in the Bay Area including The City. We sat on the patio - nice... Seemingly in the middle of no where. No resemblance of what I had in my mind to be "Fairfield." Althought he wasn't our waiter, Elijah was super nice and very informative. I would drive to Mankas again before I'd drive to The City.Special Features:
- Tuna Tar Tar a HitLucyVIPDined on 7/18/2014Love the tuna tar tar appetizer. Beautiful setting outside. This is my 6th or 7th visit. Also, an interesting collection of local Suisun/Green Valley wines. Definitely the best restaurant in the Fairfield area.Special Features:
- Hidden Gem in FairfieldSolanofoodieDined on 7/17/2014We think this is the best restaurant in Solano, and would give any of the better known places over the hill in Napa compitition. We were there on a Thurs nite and choose the patio partially because there was live music inside and it was to loud to talk over. The patio was perfect, the sky turning dusky overhead, the food was almost all perfect. Iceburg salad, yummm, halibut steak, yummm and eggplant curry, yummm. The apricot and peach crisp was plenty large for two to share and also rates a yummm. Local wine, Wasted Grape, from around the corner, very good. The only item we ordered that fell short in any way was the tuna tartar. And it wasn't bad, just failed to come together with its avacado and seseme seeds and very crispy crackers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- recommended ...jsweeneyDined on 7/12/2014Mankas Steakhouse was recommended to me, and it's certainly now my duty to recommend it to others. Between a one and a ten, Mankas has a NINE PLUS, and a strong recommendation.Special Features:
- MaggieVIPDined on 7/11/2014Love the filet mignon, consistent... Always wonderful. Friendly staff. Weather was perfect for outdoor diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationgreenvalleygirlDined on 7/5/2014We went there for a celebration. Party of 8. I requested a table on the patio near the front where it might be cooler. I also called by phone and reconfirmed the table and got a definite response. When we arrived we were seated at a table at the back of the patio user the roof where it was VERY warm. We were told there was a new ownership and thus the confusion? The staff did reseat us at the table we requested and the remainder of the service was exceptional . They very cordially uncorked the local wine that we had purchased during our wine tasting that afternoon, Their policy for local wine corkage is "no charge".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.