Manifesto Tuscan Grato and Scotch Bar
21 E. State St.
Columbus, OH 43215Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Manifesto Tuscan Grato and Scotch Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.manifestograto.com/
- Phone: 6142209327x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 10:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 3:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday -0 Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday:4:00pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Magellan Moore
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Well appointed beautiful, private room accommodating up to 24 people. AV available
- Private Party Contact: Bill Garland 6142209327x
A word from Manifesto Tuscan Grato and Scotch Bar
Manifesto is a spot for people who share the love for scotch, fine rustic tuscan food and beautiful space. Located across from the State House, and steps away from The Ohio Theatre. Manifesto offers a full bar, great wine list, patio with stunning views of downtown, as well as private dining spaces.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Manifesto Tuscan Grato and Scotch Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (18)romantic (12)neighborhood gem (10)special occasion (8)great for lunch (8)good for groups (8)late-night find (6)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (4)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (3)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Another menu changeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/20/2014I loved Manifesto's original menu, but they have changed it at least twice in the past year, and each time they remove my favorite items from the menu (with the most recent casualties being the Steak and Gorgonzola Pizzeti and the Poached Pear). The service has become inconistant instead of attentive, and the music volume seems louder each time I come. This was previously my favorite place to have lunch, but these changes have created an unrecognizable place that I may never visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great before Ohio Theater show.LetsEatDined on 10/15/2014Had a great dinner prior to Broadway show at the Ohio Theater just steps away! Staff was great in getting us out the door on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed feelingsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/11/2014They mostly served small plates. We tried 5 of them. 3 were awesome, 2 were just OK. The beef brisket was the winner! The menu of specialty drinks were enticing because of their creative names but were not that great. I would recommend going with a known cocktail like a cosmo.Special Features:
- Less is MoreSteveVIPDined on 10/9/2014Small plates, delicious food. And...therefore, room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, scotch, service, very goodDineanddrinkDined on 10/9/2014We were visiting Columbus, and happened upon the Manifesto Tuscan Grato and scotch bar. Our server, Jeremy was very knowledgeable about the food and scotch selections. We chose 3 small plates to share, and it was plenty for two people. The beef cheeks were our favorite, the best, most tender pot rest ever! The risotto was good. We had show tickets for 8:00, and our reservation was for 6:00. We made sure to alert Jeremy. We were served with plenty of time to spare. The bill was a bit on the pricey side. The scotch we chose was $14 a shot. And that was about average for the scotch menu. But it was very good, as was the food and service. Within 5 minute walking distance from our hotel and the Palace Theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but slow service.FoodieMKSDined on 9/27/2014My friends and I like Manifesto fir its convenience to downtown theaters, especially the Ohio Theatre. There is a sizable crowd there before performances so on this occasion, at least, they were not well enough staffed to handle the crowd. No doubt it is tricky to staff a restaurant adequatelyin this situation. The food and menu are very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a bite before the show!YankeebelleDined on 9/24/2014Great happy hour menu and they get you out in time for the show at the Ohio Theater. Nice patio and very good food-will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable MealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014Our group enjoyed Manifesto. A few items were unavailable due to missed deliveries but everyone liked what they ordered. Service wa a little slow considering they were not very busy for a Friday evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkayTralfazDined on 8/28/2014We enjoyed our visit to this restaurant, but it wasn't anything out of the ordinary. The staff was very nice. The food was good, but a little pricey for what we received. I don't want to say anything bad at this time because it was a slow night and I always like to try a place at least twice before making a definitive statement.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!PaigeVIPDined on 8/16/2014Our server, Morgan, was very personable and attentive and gave us great suggestions. Good place for sharing small plates!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not BadOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/16/2014We liked Manifesto alright... our first visit was extremely early on Saturday evening (late afternoon) due to our plans for the rest of the evening but it was still surprisingly quiet. We may have been the only ones there? The decor is pretty cool (as with De Novo) and the Scotch list is impressive; it would just have been a nice if our server had been at all knowledgeable about it since neither my husband or I really are (we made a couple of random choices which fortunately turned out well). The food was good - nothing blew us away but nothing to complain about either. Might give it another try if there should be occasion to do so but unfortunately not a meal I'll seek out again soon.
- On the declineDiningDadDined on 8/15/2014I must say I surprised by the lack of organization. My wife and I sat for 10 minutes before anyone came to take our drink order. This was in a restaurant that was completely empty (not exaggerating). There was no music, so the place was eerily quite, and loose flooring made the whole experience less than ideal. As far as the food it was average, especially compared to other excellent places around town.
- ChrissyDined on 7/29/2014The experience was good with the exception that the music was way too loud even after we asked that it be turned down. It was not good dining music for a business lunch atmosphere. Although there are some limited gluten free items on their menu, it was difficult to find a good meal choice. The coffee was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun in downtown!Sheila0824VIPDined on 7/25/2014Delicious and fun meal at Manifesto. Restaurant week menu, something for everyone. Loved Gazpacho and Eggplant. Everyone enjoyed meals and scotch drinks. Afterwards walked to Bicentennial park for free concert. All around great evening. Will be back.Special Features:
- The following 91 reviews are from the Manifesto Tuscan Grato and Scotch Bar reviews archive.
- averageshouldbegoodDined on 6/21/2014The service and ambience were fine. A pleasant and perfect location, right next door to the Ohio Theatre. This is a restaurant that should have excellent food and draw theatre crowds. But the food was mediocre. The flatbread pizza was dry and tasteless. The Caesar salad was big chunks of head lettuce with a tasteless thick dressing. Guests noted that the crab cakes and other items were very salty.Special Features:
- Great service before theatreMiniskierDined on 6/13/2014I often take friends here for a light supper before theatre performances downtown. With adequate notice and a reservation, the staff is always accommodating, getting us in and out in a reasonable time so we have plenty of time to savor the delicious food and enjoy conversation without constantly worrying about when the check will come. I have tried many of the small plates and all are well-prepared and visually appealing - more than enough to satisfy the taste buds but not so much as to induce sleepiness during a performance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch With My DaughterSteveVIPDined on 6/2/2014My daughter and I try to go to lunch together regularly. I let her select and this week it was Manifesto. We were both very pleased. We shared the beef cheeks that are the most tender beef ever. It is delicious. We also shared the crabcakes. They were excellent and full of crab; the olive remoulade was special. We happened to be there when a big event was happening at the statehouse lawn across the street. I highly recommend Manifesto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/29/2014The food was good, but the service was horrible, and is a trend at all of the restaurants I have gone to from this owner; we had to track down our server after being seated, all of food (apps and dinner) were brought out at once and still some items were missing; would be understanding if it was super busy, but it was a Thursday evening, and we were one of the only tables in the house. Ordered the carbonara which came with a poached egg on top that was hard boiled, would of sent it back, but it took so long to get our food that we were running late to a show and wouldn't of had time to have it remade. We were very disappointed as we brought friends, and had been recommending the place to them based on our experience at the bar.Special Features:
- Disappointed!MordrankinDined on 5/25/2014This experience started badly as the host was unable to find our reservation. We were seated anyway but then a server came to our table to say that they couldn't find our reservation and that they were booked so they wouldn't have a table for us. Once I showed my confirmation from Open Table they tried to move us to a smaller table to accommodate guests coming an hour later as if we were the most unimportant customers they would have all night. Unfortunately, the food was disappointing as well. Considering the price point, we would have done much better at Due Amici, Marcella's, or anywhere else in the vicinity. The only strength this restaurant has is that it is next door to the Ohio Theatre.
- Terrible serviceHowieDined on 5/22/2014Ambience good, food good once waitress got it straight. Service terrible, ashame such a great location can't get your act together!! This was our 2nd time, probably last. Management was inept, waitress was rattled and we just made it to theater. All the other tables around us were having a terrible experience as well! I called and asked the manager to return my call the next day; still have not had a courtesy call returned! I don't like to "bad mouth" a restaurant, but when you are asked to call back when not busy, I would have been happy to discuss with management.
- Great food, as always!MiniskierDined on 5/21/2014We chose this restaurant because of the location (near Ohio Theatre) and quality of food. The noise level was more than energetic since the place was filled with other theatre patrons but service was quick, food excellent. They really work hard to get everyone fed and out before showtime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChristiDDined on 5/21/2014The food was good but was disappointed that there was not a gluten free option for their pasta dishes. It is so easy and they have done this in the past on their luncheon menu. I even notified them days in advance of the quest for gluten free options. Our server did an excellent job and was most helpful and courteous. The Osso Bucco was excellent. I would return to try it again for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre show dinner disasterMichaelVIPDined on 5/20/2014Despit having reservations for an early pre show dinner Manifesto had difficulty finding us a decent table even with dozens of empty tables. Our server who was new did not know what drinks the bartender could do and told us she was in trouble for offering something they could not do. What Italian restaurant with many menu items that feature prescutto run out of it before 6pm? They could gave sent someone to Giant Eagle and finished our meals in a reasonable time. We watched the runners consistently taking dinners to the wrong tables. We could hear most of the diners around us complaining about poor and slow service and menu items that were not available. We will not go back here.
- Decent food$OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/20/2014We ate here before a show - trouble is, so did everyone else. If they know most people do this- then they need to limit their reservations for the 1-2 hours before the show. Otherwise everyone will end up doing what we did- waiting for 20 min for drinks another 25 for food and then shove the food down in 10 minutes so you aren't running to your seats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before Theater earlySunday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/18/2014Location is great, right next to Ohio Theater. Sat in the windows looking out at statehouse. Big windows, bright and sunny, comfortable in our semi circular booth. One had expensive scotch, liked it, wine pours were generous. Bruschetta would have been good but it was cold. I had a rolled chicken with prosciutto in a wonderful cream sauce with angel hair pasta. One other had the lamb lasagna and liked it. 2 had crab cakes and missed any chunks of crab. We thought the play started at 6, we arrived at 4:30. Turned out the play started at 6:30 but it worked out we were able to order early before they were really slammed, long wait for 2nd drink. Even had time for coffee. Only a 1 seater restroom for women, upstairs, and it broke down.Special Features:
- Okay food but overly hypedLocalDocDined on 5/17/2014We heard about manifesto through a local food magazine and made a reservation for a Saturday evening with friends. The menu didn't seem very creative and the place was filled with what smelled like burning meat. The food was decent but no one asked for a box for leftovers. The drinks however were really excellent and the service was good. Overall I'm sorry to say that we wouldn't come back except for after dinner drinks.Special Features:
- Disappointed...datenightDined on 5/16/2014Scotch was good, and bartender very knowledgeable. Beet salad was amazing, and the Lemon Sole was tasty. However, the Mussels were not the greatest, service was extremely slow despite us being the ONLY table eating downstairs. There was a large party upstairs, but us and them and for slower than molasses service was a bit ridiculous for a Friday night! My husband's meal was lukewarm at best, the risotto was like mashed potatoes, and the coffee they gave him to make up for him not eating came out warm as well. It was expensive considering one of us didn't eat, and we had one drink each, so we were pretty bummed. Since it was our date night and we were looking for that special experience, but just didn't get it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- UniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Very unique layout and decor. Service was just ok. We had a new server that was not very fluent with any part of the menu, food and drinks included. Restroom was two floors up, so not a good set up while having a few cocktails. Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh My!PhilWDined on 5/15/2014We thought that we had left more than enough time prior to our theater time next door. How wrong we were! Reservation: 6:15; arrived on time. Drinks not served for almost 20 minutes. Appetizer not served for over 45 minutes. Entree cancelled because there was no way to eat it and still make the show. Showtime: 7:30!! This is a strange place. One wonders if there is actually a kitchen on site. My personal opinion is that the food is ordered from somewhere off site and delivered onto the site. Not a good situation if you're looking for a meal, prepared on site and delivered to your table freshly cooked. Drinks are good, if slowly served.Special Features:
- Overpriced for OK food.norm2004VIPDined on 5/14/2014Was not overly impressed, but your experience may vary. I felt that $15 for two small crab cakes that were just OK, was a bad start to dinner. Food is just OK, but not bad. Service and drinks were good.Special Features:
- Tasty and good for pre-show diningSmiler57Dined on 5/14/2014This was our third trip to Manifesto and we have enjoyed the food each time. It is a convenient dining spot when you are attending a show downtown (especially at the Ohio Theater next door). Our only quibble is with the seating that is crowded and dark in the bar area. We got seated under a speaker that would have precluded any conversation and then got moved to a table that was pressed up against the bar patrons. Our waiter was helpful (and almost too helpful) with trying to get us out for a 7:30 show when we had two hours to dine and 100 feet to walk to the theater. Overall, I can recommend the food and location but not the ambiance.
- Perhaps an off night?DisappointedDined on 5/13/2014We had a party of 4 for dinner/drinks on Tues night before the opening of Book of Mormon at the Ohio Theater. Our server was fine, and did warn us that our meals might be a bit slow on coming out due to theater crowd. We were seated around 6 and in past experience have never had a problem with having our order brought out in plenty of time.....however, after having been served our bottle of wine/appetizer and ordering our meals shortly after our arrival, we had to leave by 7:20 for the theater before our meals arrived. This is the first time we have ever had to do this.....and will probably not return until we can be assured this situation has been resolved.
- Random BillingTVTommy68Dined on 5/13/2014We actually took 8 friends to dinner and used a table of six and a table of four. The table of four wasn't bad although the bill varied from the charge slip by nearly $35. The other table was given incorrect charges and had to have their bill corrected twice. This is a problem when trying to make a play.
- Don't go !TomSVIPDined on 5/12/2014Might be a good spot for s drink but Not an ITAILIAN MEAL !!
- Excellent food and decorwineloverDined on 5/10/2014We had a party of 6 adults and we enjoyed this place very much. The service was a little slow in the beginning because they were busy with the folks going to the show at the theater. However, once the crowd died down it was fine. Our waitress was great and did tell us she was slammed and apologized. After the theater crowd left we practically had the place to ourselves. Great ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusanSmdcpaDined on 5/4/2014We had a special occasion to celebrate and Alex made it very personal and worked in great substitutes whenever something wasn't available.Special Features:
- Fantastic service and good food!EatoutDined on 5/1/2014Four of us had dinner following the a Women's Fund Keyholder, avoiding the after event traffic and taking time to reflect over drinks and an array of small plates. The food was quite good, but our server was stupendous!Special Features:
- Great scotch; excellent foodFrequentFoodieDined on 5/1/2014I have dined at Manifesto a couple of times. Its a great addition to downtown Columbus which is in desperate need of upscale dining options. Service was simply outstanding. As a scotch drinker, the selection is outstanding. On top of all, the food is excellent.Special Features:
- TERRIBLE FOOD AND EVEN WITHOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2014TERRIBLE FOOD AND EVEN WITH A RESERVATION TERRIBLE TABLE. i BROUGHT A GUEST FROM NEW YORK AND WAS EMBARRASSED TO HAVE MADE THIS CHOICE.
- Depends on the TableRoaaDined on 4/11/2014Food was good, Server was Outstanding. Had the worst table on the second floor.Special Features: