Manhattan Steak House
24940 S. Tamiami Trail
Bonita Springs, FL 34134Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Manhattan Steak House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 2396768687
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 4:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Manhattan Steak House
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Manhattan Steak House - Best Restaurants in Bonita Springs ›
Manhattan Steak House reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (8)neighborhood gem (7)fit for foodies (4)notable wine list (4)good for groups (2)romantic (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- GoodeatsVIPDined on 6/16/2014Third visit. Second time with poor service. Do not get the wedge salad.. Bottled dressing! We asked ahead of time about the crumbles missing last time. Waiter told us he would ensure that it was rifht; it wasnt,, and he literally shrugged his shoulders We will never go back
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014Worst steaks we ever had! We ( all six of us) will never return.
- Overpriced and poor menuBusterVIPDined on 6/1/2014This is a neighborhood restaurant we have been to a number of times, hoping it would improve. The meat is very good. End of story. They really don't have much else. No fresh vegetables, no garnish, salad is a quarter head of lettuce, not much for desserts. What they do have his "Manhattan Prices". We dine out a great deal so I can compare to other options; this needs to make changes in the menu or it doesn't deserve to stay in business.Special Features:
- Unpretentious steakhouseDannyDined on 5/24/2014Have found a steakhouse that does it well in a manner that isn't snobby or boorish. Smaller, in a less than ideal location ( entryway not in a high traffic area, very understated, and with simple signage), we almost couldn't find it. Wait staff excellent , service top notch, food well prepared , tasty, and well portioned. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Grillmaster speaksSteak4meDined on 5/17/2014My friends are the source of my nickname and I appreciate their flattery, however, I occasionally enjoy going to restaurant for a well prepared quality cut of meat. The steak I was served was indeed a quality cut and prepared perfectly. Presentation was simple, but elegant. Sides were delicious and very large. The entire menu is ala carte and a bit pricey. Fortunately, in this case we certainly got what we paid for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerDiner1Dined on 5/14/2014This is a great place to eat. Steaks better than Ruth's Chris it is always consistently good. Love the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CruiseVIPDined on 5/11/2014We have been to this restaurant many times and have never been disappointed. Bella, the owner, should be proud of her restaurant.Special Features:
- The following 336 reviews are from the Manhattan Steak House reviews archive.
- Good steak houseropbertVIPDined on 5/3/2014My steak was excellent. The seafood is good but not great. Service was prompt, helpful and very knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeteDined on 5/2/2014Dining area could use more ambiance. One open room dining and hard surfaces made for too much noise.Special Features:
- ReviewKatrinaDined on 4/29/2014The Porterhouse steak for 2 was delicious. The crab cakes were only so so………I understand they are a steak house but I do not like steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manhattan Steak HousecavemanDined on 4/28/2014This is one of the best steak restaurants I have been to, and I have been to most. The steaks are excellent and the place has a nice NYC/Florida feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for sixeatsoutoftenDined on 4/27/2014We started off with a couple of orders of the Calamari. Lightly fried, tender not rubbery. Compared to most restaurants the Calamari was very good to excellent. Salads were fresh, most had the Caesar. Five out of the six of us had Steaks. One had lamb chops. two orders of Porterhouse for two and one Ribeye. The porterhouse steaks were great. The mashed potatoes were creamy and the spinach was the best we have ever had. Most us were full after the main course but my wife and one of the guys ordered the Tiramisu. Again, one of or the best Tiramisu we ever had. Light, creamy just perfect. Everyone at the table said they will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an excellent experienceNancyDined on 4/23/2014My favorite south Florida place to eat. The food is always amazing. The staff is incredible and create a great dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findLindaDined on 4/19/2014Steak was excellent. Cooked just right. Delicious side dishes.Special Features:
- Waiters are a little gruffandrewVIPDined on 4/17/2014Same experience as last time. I prefer that I don't have to wait and ask for water refill. Food is good. Porterhouse was very good as well as sides.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/16/2014been to this restaurant many times. this was the first time I was disappointed with the service. Waiter was rude and just did a terrible job. I ended up just having a salad and left.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love to eat here!!BethVIPDined on 4/10/2014A great spot to relax, not be rushed, and enjoy the food and ambience. The steaks are fantastic, & the sides are so good -it's hard to choose which ones to get. If you've not been here yet give it a try. You will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I rated good because 3 ofOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/8/2014I rated good because 3 of the 4 meals were fine. As far as my meal, I expected a higher quality steak at $36. Quality fell short compared to other steakhouse restaurants.
- barely adequateharryDined on 4/5/2014food presentation needs a lot of work. patio room extremely noisy. service adequate but not inviting. will not come back!
- My husband and I very muchDotoDined on 4/2/2014My husband and I very much enjoyed our experience at MSH. We plan to come back next year and bring friends. Our only complaint was that is was a little difficult to find.Special Features:
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/30/2014The food and service were wonderful. It is our favorite spot in Bonita Springs. We save it for our last night before heading home.Special Features:
- We had a private event in2togoVIPDined on 3/29/2014We had a private event in the "patio room" for 28 diners. Food was great, wine was great, service was great; everything went smoothly. They couldn't have done a better job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, very good. NeverPennyVIPDined on 3/28/2014As always, very good. Never disappointed at Manhattan's!Special Features:
- Enjoyable ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/27/2014We arrived at this restaurant 15 mins before reservation. We were seated immediately even though 2 of our party of 5 were not present. Full bar and extensive wine selection. This restaurant is hidden and could have been difficult to locate without GPS. Menu was limited but great selection of steaks. Wait staff attentive but not huddling and definitely not rushing you out the door. Presentation of food very nice and quality of steaks excellent. Side dishes extra but served family style and easily shared -- including the salads. Was not offered dessert menu so I cannot comment on dessert. Overall experience very good and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinnerZevoDined on 3/26/2014Had a wonderful dinner with friends, Glad we tried it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+ steakskdg1Dined on 3/23/2014Best steaks in the Bonita Springs area, surpassing Chops, which has declined over the past few years. Salads and sides were very good, not remarkable. But the steaks were outstanding. We had the Cowboy ribeye, petite filet and porterhouse. Everyone on our party raved about the dry-aged steaks which were seasoned and cooked to perfection. Service was timely and friendly. This was my second visit in two weeks and both meals were excellent, with the star both times being the delicious steaks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service is great and theBonitaDined on 3/22/2014The service is great and the food could not be any better. The chopped salad was one of the best that I ever had and the Dover Sole was done to perfection. The rest of the party all had steaks and they were cooked as requested and very tender & tasty. I would skip the desserts next time as they did not live up to the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manhattan Steak HouseSusieDined on 3/22/2014As were our other dining experiences at Manhattan Steak House, this dinner was equally excellent. The food was deliciously prepared and came out of the kitchen hot. Our staek was very tender and the German Potatoes(their speciality) and my mushrooms and salad were wonderful. My husband and I shared everything and were very full when we left. The staff was very attentive, too. WE would defintely go back and recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:
- Mixed reviewLinneaVIPDined on 3/13/2014Air-conditioning was marginal, service was forgettable, appetizers were below-average, steaks were out of this world. We'll come back just to do the steaks, but will dress down in jeans and tee-shirts next time, and perhaps have apps first at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left DisappointedHungrynolongerDined on 3/12/2014Have eaten here several times before, but this time the food just okay but service left a lot to be desired.
- Manhattan Steak HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/11/2014I found the food and the variety of menu here to be good. The noise level of this restaurant made it nearly impossible to carry on a conversation with a table of four. Our waiter was attentive and explained menu items clearly. He had to reissue our bills as he had made several errors when he input the information. Due to the excessive noise level here, I probably will not return.
- We were a group of 6, hadJaneVIPDined on 3/8/2014We were a group of 6, had a nice round table. They ran out of ribeye at 8 pm so that was disappointing. Food was cook perfectly. Overall a good night A little bit noisy, not easy to hear conversationI would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak was the bestNCerVIPDined on 3/7/2014Steak was fabulous, tender and cooked perfectly. Our waiter was charming and efficient. Would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Fantastic service, average fooddrretireDined on 3/7/2014This is a pleasant steak restaurant with all of the fancy frills missing. My wife and I shared a wedge salad and then I ordered Lamb chops, she got an 8 oz lobster. Add German potatoes and mushrooms and that was our meal (plus cocktails and wine). The lamb was delicious, the lobster tough and part of it even uncooked. The potatoes were delicious. Now for the fantastic service. Alen was our waiter. During the entire meal he was attentive to our desires, yet not overbearing. When he asked at the end of the meal had we enjoyed it our answer was the truth- the lobster wasn't not prepared properly. Alen apologized for the restaurant and upon his return with the check, he had removed the lobster from the bill. What class! That made the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the findingHaddotomDined on 3/1/2014Yes a little hard to find but that's what GPS is for. Very nice, good food and very relaxing. Enjoyed it a lot. Allan, our server could have been in a better mood. Very quick , not too friendly and seemed too busy to be courteous. His helper was great. Served the food with a very friendly attitude and was super fast when we ask him for something. Overall, a pretty good experience and will be going back soon. Enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverbookedmamannieVIPDined on 2/28/2014We've eaten here several times. Our only complaint this time is that, with a reservation, we waited almost half an hour to be seated. To be fair, it was Saturday night "in season". The bar is tiny and we even had to wait to get a seat there. The food, however, was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkayPJG1VIPDined on 2/28/2014Food was good but not outstanding. Atmosphere is acceptable. Service Okay. Had a reservation and even though there were open tables we had to wait at the bar about 10 minutes before being seated.
- Great potentialCdbfVIPDined on 2/28/2014Wonderful potential , but unorganized , hectic service. The second room is way too loud.It Needs room softening. Drapes,ircarpets.. We enjoy this venue but if things don't change we can't go back .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good SteakCpeter6231Dined on 2/27/2014Great steak, a little pricy but worth it. Wait staff very attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WRONG CHECKDennyTVIPDined on 2/27/2014Our waiter Mario made 2 errors on our bill. He charged us for 1 extra bottle of wine and an extra beer. I was not happy. He "blew it off" like it was no big deal. In my mind, this is totally unacceptable. CHECK YOUR BILL CAREFULLY IF YOU GO THERE. I might never go there again after this experience.