1419 12th Avenue
Seattle, WA 98122Neighborhood:
Capitol Hill / First Hill
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.manhattanseattle.com/
- Phone: 2063256574x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11am to 2am
Saturday - Sunday: 9am to 2am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse, Southern
- Executive Chef: Nick Parker
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Manhattan Seattle
Manhattan is a casual steakhouse on Capitol Hill's 12th Ave dining district. The decor is reclaimed chic with tufted upholstery, patterned wallpaper, exposed wood ceilings & golden-horned wall art. Serving Lunch, Dinner, Brunch and Happy Hour. The menu includes southern inspired entrees ranging from $9 to $26, and delicious steaks ranging from $19 to $48.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Manhattan Seattle - Best Restaurants in Capitol Hill / First Hill ›
Manhattan Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (25)neighborhood gem (23)special occasion (15)great for brunch (14)good for groups (12)romantic (10)hot spot (10)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (8)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014It was too noisy for my taste. I had a fan blowing on me the whole time and I wanted to leave as soon as possible. The food was good but too expensive for the quality. It's nothing all that special but it is good I just would not go there unless I have a coupon deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best WafflesDonkeyDined on 8/24/2014I absolutely LOVE the waffles! Great drinks, too. My only real complaint is service is a bit slow. Takes quite a while for your food to come out.Special Features:
- Overpriced for the food qualityDrLydiaGrayDined on 8/22/2014I have been going to Manhattan for some time now since I really like the atmosphere. The drinks were pretty good and the food was as well. The last 3-4 times I have come the food has really been sub par. This place is now pricing their dishes all in the $35 range. Now, I have no problem paying that for good food but this was not. On top of it, the portions were small and we left hungry. On the plus side the service was great. Unfortunately, I am now taking Manhattan off of my list of restaurants to dine on Capitol Hill until they change the menu, the prices, and the food quality.
- Great food & cocktailsChowDownSeattleDined on 8/9/2014The food is great and the craft specialty cocktails are tasty!Special Features:
- A little overpriced!FrequentDinerVIPDined on 8/8/2014We have been to Manhatten for brunch and a few time for dinner and always thought it was a fair market price for the quality of food! This last visit, Friday night, our whole group thought the prices were higher than previous visits and were truly too high for the quality of food served! They were also out of a few things in the menu, quite strange for early on a Friday night! Also $12 for a Belvedere was also high considering El Gaucho and Aqua only charge $9. However, our server was delightful as always and made our visit pleasant! Probably will not return for dinner.
- Almost perfectDavidaafDined on 8/3/2014Food, ambiance are wonderful and staff are very warm and friendly. My only two issues: 1)Seemed like the food took a bit of time to cook. Folks that arrived after us but had similar dishes and numbers of guests were served quickly. Out of what appeared to be 6-7 tables we were served 6 minutes after the last table. This could be just by chance. 2) The new device for paying your bill is not easy and staff were confused. Machine gives you choice to pay cash but then you cannot finish (picking and adding the tip). We ended up paying the old fashioned way. We made a choice on the device for assistance and nothing happened. I had to flag someone down. New technology always has an adjustment periodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchGoodEatsDined on 7/27/2014We really liked our food & ambiance but it wasn't quick. We ordered before 10AM so our entrees were 1/2 price. We got out drinks pretty quickly but once our food was ordered it took about 40 min. before the waitress said there was a problem with the waffle maker. They had worked it out but would still be a while. 3 orders would be delivered along with my eggs and hashbrowns before the waffle. The other orders came but it took 10 more min. before my eggs came. Glad I told everyone to go ahead & eat. I got my eggs & it was still 10 more min. before my waffle & bacon was delivered. Never did get the hashbrowns. I'm glad we weren't in a hurry. We'll try again because we really enjoyed the whole experience besides the wait for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Successful Special OccasionRJW2001Dined on 7/16/2014Brought my parents here for the first time & they lived everything about the place. Cocktails were original & amazing. All of the food was great & my parents were very impressed. My dad is still raving about the Duck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- me me so happy1spookyboiDined on 6/23/2014Service on point. Steak game strong. Manhattan, you truly made my night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, great pOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/13/2014We loved the coctails and the food was good. We ate all kinds of food and it was fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy-Hour-MondayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2014Great surprise that Happy Hour is ON all day Monday! HH food selection is great, both taste-wise and price-wise. Wonderful! Except, the kitchen must have been overwhelmed. It took 45 minutes for our main dish choices to arrive. I'd still go back, when I had lots of time.Special Features:
- Highly recommendedeurocheeseDined on 6/7/2014Incredible food, great service - I've never been disappointed. Check out their menu online. You'll be happy you did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot on Capitol HillCuervojoeyVIPDined on 6/1/2014Sunday lunch, first time here, had a coupon, great way to find and try new places. Will surely go back. One of the best hamburgers ever. Would love to go for dinner. Interesting décor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service!ALRumVIPDined on 6/1/2014Enjoyed our first brunch here and definitely will be back. Service was attentive and friendly, food was delicious! Loved the grits and the scramble!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great old fashionedSheridanDined on 5/30/2014Great drinks and great surf and turf. They used Weller 107 in their old fashioned. That's how you know it's a good bartender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 202 reviews are from the Manhattan Seattle reviews archive.
- Friendly service, delicious foodBelltowndinersVIPDined on 5/20/2014Manhattan delivered one of the best food experiences we have enjoyed on Capitol Hill. The friendly server who greeted and seated us stopped back by our table to check on us even though we were assigned to another server. Our own server was also outstanding, well-informed and helpful on menu selections. The drink selections offered a lot of variety and the Signature Manhattan was perfect. They offer an unusually well-rounded menu that mixes standard American fare with regional dishes. Our entrees, a Southern grill steak and petite fillet, were cooked perfectly. Although we live in Belltown and like frequenting neighborhood restaurants, this is a place that would bring us back to Capitol hill for the people, drinks and food. Great job!Special Features:
- Out of arugula, reallly??53yipeeDined on 5/17/2014While the food was super tasty, both my dining partner and myself opted to change our carefully considered dinner choices after being informed they were out of arugula. Given the prices and ambiance, I was disappointed & surprised at what I can only call poor supply management. Otherwise, having had the Mac & Cheese on a previous visit I ordered it again...the sauce was a little loose. Given that the table had bread plates I'd hoped sopping the sauce would be an option, but alas, no bread appeared. Lastly, open to dessert we had a look at the options-the limited menu seemed oddly over the top, so we passed. Definately a special occasion expense, or those with grass-fed beef needs. I would only return for Happy Hour or with a discount.Special Features:
- brunchattiffanysDined on 5/10/2014This is my favorite place on the hill for brunch, hands down! The staff is always super friendly and the kitchen is totally willing to accommodate my absurd special orders. I've never had to send a meal back and I've never had my coffee cup sit empty for more than a moment. Great cocktails, nice atmosphere - be careful taking the table closest to the door as it gets direct early-morning sun right at eye level.Special Features:
- Disappointing experienceGigiDined on 5/5/2014This was my second time eating at Manhattan and based on this experience I may not go back. The first drink I ordered was not good and the waiter did kindly replace it for me. Unfortunately, the second drink was not much better. Another person in our party had one of their hot cold margaritas. It was delicious and flavorful. The only problem is that when we ordered more they tasted totally different. The inconsistencies in the drinks were incredibly bizarre. We ordered a wide variety of food and some things were good and some things were quite bad. The fries and the fried green tomatoes were good. The Arctic Char was completely over cooked and dried out. It was terrible. The steak was mediocre and the the skewers were mediocre but spicy.Special Features:
- we should go here more often.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/4/2014Every time we come here we are quite pleased. The food is always great; the servers are all friendly; and there are lots of gluten-free options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Brunch77850Dined on 5/4/2014The food here in incredible. I am never let down with the brunch selection and always leave full and satisfied. The service was friendly and our servers allowed my friend and I to slowly enjoy our meal without making us feel like we needed to rush out. A great experience, as always.Special Features:
- Liked itOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/26/2014Some of the reviews I read around the net were pretty negative, so I was skeptical, but wanted to try Manhattan anyway. Service was good and attentive, drinks were good, and the food was good (one note: getting the fish in a steakhouse may not be advised. What I had was fine, but the combination of flavors were a bit overwhelming. Fewer components and more confidence, and I'm sure it would've been much better). Overall, a good experience, and we'd like to go again, esp. for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurprisenativenancyDined on 4/24/2014Attentive but not invasive service. DELICIOUS food.Special Features:
- Pricey but not tastyLilAppleDined on 4/17/2014We had dinner during Seattle Restaurant Week. Service was fine, waitress came over timely and 3 course meal was completed around an hour... too quick? Food wasn't good at all. we were not just impressed but it was disappointing. Crab bisque didn't have any crabby flavor, it was a bit spicy tomato soup with crab meat on top. Seared Ahi looked low grade sashimi with cheap teriyaki source. My steak arrived lukewarm and mashed potato was almost cold. My partner's dish was at right temp so I believe they cooked steak too early waiting for the other one. The meat and the source was good though. Fried cookie should've been cooked longer... it was uncooked. Regular menu is pricey. I'd go other places serve great food for the same price range.
- Waiters needed!HawaiiDined on 4/17/2014We sat there for almost two hours for the one and only waiter to bring our orders. He was running back and forth. He not only took orders but delivered then accurately. Many kudos to him! There was a long wait between courses. Get him help! Expect better service during Seattle Restaurant Week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AllisonDined on 4/17/2014Food was pretty good; service was terrible- the server bumped into my chair about ten times with no apologies, we asked for more water which they never brought, they never asked how our food was, the list goes on...I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/16/20143.5 stars. Went there for RW. Tomato Soup was pretty meh. It was served with a cold bread with cold shaved Parm on top. 30 seconds in the Salamander would've made a world of difference. Chicken and Waffles with Sausage gravy was pretty awesome. Chicken was crispy, sausage gravy was respectable, waffle was whatever....covered in gravy so who cares. Desert was forgettable.
- Great Steaks!SteakfanDined on 4/13/2014Had a hankering for a nice cut of beef for my birthday and took a chance on the relatively new Capitol Hill spot. Couldn't have been more pleased with the selection, service, and outstanding cocktails! Can't wait to visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak house missing a steakLuv2eatSteakDined on 4/13/2014Overall it was a good experience. Purchased a deal through Amazon last year to enjoy a dinner out with the wife. Food was good. Unfortunately, tried to order a New York and they were out. Out of New Yorks on a Sunday probably isn't too good planning. Make sure to call ahead for your steak I guess. The rib eye was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great stuffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/10/2014Went here for restaurant week with some pals and everything was delicious and the service was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, but a little slowkarynneDined on 4/9/2014The food was very good, but we went during restaurant week and they were slammed so it took 2 hours to eat. They forgot my friend's drink order so it was complimentary. I'm sure if I went back another week the service would be much better because they were very nice, just slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was pretty good,DavidDined on 4/8/2014The food was pretty good, but not exceptional by any means. Service was hit and miss with a pretty lengthy wait wondering when we could order a 2nd drink. I was not happy that despite having a reservation, and the restaurant being that busy, we were seated by the restroom. I would say the weirdest thing was we were there for restaurant week and they ran out of two of the three desserts. It was not that busy and the restaurant week is still pretty early into it's time period.Special Features:
- Really nice staff. Food wasChristineDined on 4/5/2014Really nice staff. Food was good, nothing to write home about. We were there around 6:30 till about 8 on a Saturday and it was not as busy as I was anticipating. I wonder if they're still finding they're niche because they're still pretty new. If still recommend it to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! I ordered theFledgelingFoodieDined on 4/5/2014Great food! I ordered the Salmon Lox Eggs Benedict. The hollondaise was rich and flavorful. The hashbrowns ...just the perfect mix of crunchy and soft. Good service. A bit of a wait for the food, but they were packed so it was generally understandable.Special Features:
- DelightfulFoodsterDined on 4/4/2014I thoroughly enjoyed the service the food and the ambience. This is a great steakhouse without all the pomp and stance. Food was seasoned well and presented nicely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a visitMazamaDined on 4/4/2014Manhattan has an interesting list of appetizers and entrées. The 14 oz ribeye was at least 14 ozs and perfectly cooked with just enough char broiled taste. The New York steak was also cooked perfectly and delicious. Sides of grits and potatoes and brussel sprouts all very good, greens were dressed with a vinegary pepper sauce that was a bit to acrid. The wine by the glass list is pretty thin, lacked any decent representative of Washington's world renown Cabernets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and fantastic service.SammyDined on 4/2/2014Great food and fantastic service. Our server, Shawn, was there when needed and apparently kept a watchful eye without being intrusive (one of my pet peeves in Seattle). The steaks were perfectly cooked for both my companion and I, we ordered two very different levels of doneness. We loved the decor, although the confessionals, while amusing, seemed a bit odd in a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never again.seamikeygoDined on 3/29/2014Been here three times. All three times were dreadful. Extremely poor service. Just awful. The food was cold by the time we got it. Oh, and the best part... They bring a thing to your table so you can pay your bill. Took us 15 to figure it out since the server was no where to be found. When I go out, I dont want to have to do the servers job. Left a poor tip and will never be back. I'm surprised they are even still in business. Then again, I was able to walk in with a party of 5 on a Saturday night at 8pm and sit right down with no reservation. Go to ANY of the surrounding restaurants. They are all much better.
- Birthday CelebrationSunshineDined on 3/28/2014I decided to celebrate my birthday at a steakhouse and this one had some high ratings so I thought we'd check it out. The ratings were correct! We made a reservation online, walking in and they knew who we were and led us to our table. I have some food allergies and they were very accommodating, which I appreciate. The food was excellent!! I would definitely go back! All around great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wanted to love it...OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/23/2014We went for Dine Around Seattle, so maybe it's not fair to judge overall. But I was underwhelmed by the food across the board. And the decor seemed to try so hard to be something not-Seattle that it just came off as a bit contrived. Lots of people love it, though--I hear brunch is great--just not for me.Special Features: