1419 12th Avenue
Seattle, WA 98122Neighborhood:
Capitol Hill / First Hill
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.manhattanseattle.com/
- Phone: (206) 325-6574
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11am to 2am
Saturday - Sunday: 9am to 2am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse, Southern
- Executive Chef: Nick Parker
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Manhattan Seattle
Manhattan is a casual steakhouse on Capitol Hill's 12th Ave dining district. The decor is reclaimed chic with tufted upholstery, patterned wallpaper, exposed wood ceilings & golden-horned wall art. Serving Lunch, Dinner, Brunch and Happy Hour. The menu includes southern inspired entrees ranging from $9 to $26, and delicious steaks ranging from $19 to $48.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Manhattan Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (18)good for groups (17)neighborhood gem (17)great for brunch (13)late-night find (9)special occasion (9)great for lunch (7)vibrant bar scene (7)romantic (6)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (4)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- AllisonDined on 4/17/2014Food was pretty good; service was terrible- the server bumped into my chair about ten times with no apologies, we asked for more water which they never brought, they never asked how our food was, the list goes on...I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/16/20143.5 stars. Went there for RW. Tomato Soup was pretty meh. It was served with a cold bread with cold shaved Parm on top. 30 seconds in the Salamander would've made a world of difference. Chicken and Waffles with Sausage gravy was pretty awesome. Chicken was crispy, sausage gravy was respectable, waffle was whatever....covered in gravy so who cares. Desert was forgettable.
- Great Steaks!SteakfanDined on 4/13/2014Had a hankering for a nice cut of beef for my birthday and took a chance on the relatively new Capitol Hill spot. Couldn't have been more pleased with the selection, service, and outstanding cocktails! Can't wait to visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak house missing a steakLuv2eatSteakDined on 4/13/2014Overall it was a good experience. Purchased a deal through Amazon last year to enjoy a dinner out with the wife. Food was good. Unfortunately, tried to order a New York and they were out. Out of New Yorks on a Sunday probably isn't too good planning. Make sure to call ahead for your steak I guess. The rib eye was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great stuffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/10/2014Went here for restaurant week with some pals and everything was delicious and the service was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, but a little slowkarynneDined on 4/9/2014The food was very good, but we went during restaurant week and they were slammed so it took 2 hours to eat. They forgot my friend's drink order so it was complimentary. I'm sure if I went back another week the service would be much better because they were very nice, just slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was pretty good,DavidDined on 4/8/2014The food was pretty good, but not exceptional by any means. Service was hit and miss with a pretty lengthy wait wondering when we could order a 2nd drink. I was not happy that despite having a reservation, and the restaurant being that busy, we were seated by the restroom. I would say the weirdest thing was we were there for restaurant week and they ran out of two of the three desserts. It was not that busy and the restaurant week is still pretty early into it's time period.Special Features:
- Really nice staff. Food wasChristineDined on 4/5/2014Really nice staff. Food was good, nothing to write home about. We were there around 6:30 till about 8 on a Saturday and it was not as busy as I was anticipating. I wonder if they're still finding they're niche because they're still pretty new. If still recommend it to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! I ordered theFledgelingFoodieDined on 4/5/2014Great food! I ordered the Salmon Lox Eggs Benedict. The hollondaise was rich and flavorful. The hashbrowns ...just the perfect mix of crunchy and soft. Good service. A bit of a wait for the food, but they were packed so it was generally understandable.Special Features:
- DelightfulFoodsterDined on 4/4/2014I thoroughly enjoyed the service the food and the ambience. This is a great steakhouse without all the pomp and stance. Food was seasoned well and presented nicely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a visitMazamaDined on 4/4/2014Manhattan has an interesting list of appetizers and entrées. The 14 oz ribeye was at least 14 ozs and perfectly cooked with just enough char broiled taste. The New York steak was also cooked perfectly and delicious. Sides of grits and potatoes and brussel sprouts all very good, greens were dressed with a vinegary pepper sauce that was a bit to acrid. The wine by the glass list is pretty thin, lacked any decent representative of Washington's world renown Cabernets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and fantastic service.SammyDined on 4/2/2014Great food and fantastic service. Our server, Shawn, was there when needed and apparently kept a watchful eye without being intrusive (one of my pet peeves in Seattle). The steaks were perfectly cooked for both my companion and I, we ordered two very different levels of doneness. We loved the decor, although the confessionals, while amusing, seemed a bit odd in a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never again.seamikeygoDined on 3/29/2014Been here three times. All three times were dreadful. Extremely poor service. Just awful. The food was cold by the time we got it. Oh, and the best part... They bring a thing to your table so you can pay your bill. Took us 15 to figure it out since the server was no where to be found. When I go out, I dont want to have to do the servers job. Left a poor tip and will never be back. I'm surprised they are even still in business. Then again, I was able to walk in with a party of 5 on a Saturday night at 8pm and sit right down with no reservation. Go to ANY of the surrounding restaurants. They are all much better.
- Birthday CelebrationSunshineDined on 3/28/2014I decided to celebrate my birthday at a steakhouse and this one had some high ratings so I thought we'd check it out. The ratings were correct! We made a reservation online, walking in and they knew who we were and led us to our table. I have some food allergies and they were very accommodating, which I appreciate. The food was excellent!! I would definitely go back! All around great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wanted to love it...OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/23/2014We went for Dine Around Seattle, so maybe it's not fair to judge overall. But I was underwhelmed by the food across the board. And the decor seemed to try so hard to be something not-Seattle that it just came off as a bit contrived. Lots of people love it, though--I hear brunch is great--just not for me.Special Features:
- just average 6/10TLHTLHDined on 3/22/2014I LOVE the rustic decor of the restaurant..the designers did a fantastic job! I came here for brunch . We were sat right away and it wasn't too packed on a sat morning, which is great for customers but not so great for restaurant owners. Service was good/quick but the food was just okay. Ordered their signature steak and cheddar grits, which was good but i defiantly was not wowed by it. My friend ordered the chicken and waffles. Ive had better elsewhere.. something was a little off abou the flavor and the texture of the waffle. i would not recommend this dish here. Overall.. 6/10. Would I come back? perhaps to try the mac n cheese which looks yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT happy hour Menu!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/20/2014Best Happy Hour Steak option ever! And the Manhattan squared drinks.. a perfect pair!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- small portions & cold spaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/19/2014We went for Dine Around Seattle - it's always fun to try a new place. The food was good but the main portions were small and the restaurant was very cold.Special Features:
- Taste of Manhattan-- Must try!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/18/2014When looking for a new spot to take my boyfriend for his birthday dinner, I came across Manhattan as it was on the Dine around Seattle list. My boyfriend doesn't eat fish, and as we know, in Seattle it can be difficult to find a restaurant that is not fish cuisine focused. Manhattan offered a stellar array of steak, fish, and lamb dishes, all accompanied by unique flavor pairings. Although the food and drink selection was great, I honestly LOVED the atmosphere most. It is a semi-small space, darkly lit with trendy wall paper, gold animal mounts, and a black and white photo gallery displaying pictures of NYC within a frame. Overall, great experience- would certainly come here again and highly recommend you give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4 starsVMbeDined on 3/16/2014I gave it a 4 star. Everything was amazing except when we got the bill. I reserved a table for 6 but we ended up having 5 people on the table and ask to separate the bill. As we got out bill we noticed that the tip was already included on the grand total which got my friend curious about it. We didn't question it since we had a great time with the place, the food and of course the service but if that would have been another group of 5 individuals getting a bill like that, then they have some explaining to do. I will recommend this place to a friend but I would warn them to check the bill before paying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehanonDined on 3/12/2014My boyfriend and I went here for Dine Around Seattle and found it to be less than satisfying. The ambiance was very strange (gilded antlers that are also machine guns?), but we were still willing to try it out. I ordered the Seared Ahi Tuna, Pan Seared Arctic Char, and the Kahlua Chocolate Mousse. The Ahi Tuna was bland, not much taste. Same with the Arctic Char, except the Char was also really dry. The Mousse was also okay. I mean, it's mousse, so it was still good. My boyfriend ordered the King Crab and Roasted Tomato Bisque, Rosemary Braised Lamb Shank, and the Manhattan Fried Cookie Sundae. The bisque was more like tomato soup than anything else. The lamb shank was pretty decent, nothing I'd pay $30 for. And the sundae was, again, meh.
- Not just a steakhousefoodieworldVIPDined on 3/11/2014Calling Manhattan a steakhouse is far too limiting. Great menu choices, knowledgeable staff, and sophisticated ambiance. Tried it once for happy hour and again during Dine around Seattle. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedlouieDined on 3/10/2014Not overly impressed. It was sort of fun watching the other patrons. The decor was neat, but the music was way too loud (we had dinner at 6pm). The fish was way over cooked. I had lamb which was ok but not outstanding. We rated it about 6 out of 10. Service was good and the servers were friendly.
- Tastyrhe323VIPDined on 3/9/2014My boyfriend and I went to Manhattan for Dine Around Seattle. We both enjoyed all parts of our meal. The sauce on the Seared Ahi Tuna was very good, as were the mashed potatoes that came with my steak. My boyfriend loved the mashed potatoes and we ended up asking the waitress about them. I always get my steak rare and Manhattan did a very good job with my steak - it was a dark red just how I like it. Both of the desserts were very tasty - I loved the cinnamon whipped cream on mine. The service was good - they were friendly and happy to answer any questions we had. The restaurant was fairly quiet and I liked the lower lighting. My boyfriend and I will probably return at some point in the future. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a new treasurekamaDined on 3/9/2014I felt like i had walked out of capitol hill into a sparkling metropolitan scene... great food, service, ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Menu?CraftymamaDined on 3/9/2014I missed the old menu and biscuits! I ordered the Dixie breakfast with Jalapeño Cornbread - and was disappointed because the cornbread did not have heat nor jalapeno's. But the service was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationsKFedDined on 3/8/2014Love the fact they allow reservations for Sat/Sun brunch. Love, love, love it. You wait forever to get in some restaurants. The eggs Benedict is the best in town! The staff is very friendly too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencemasterdaveDined on 3/8/2014My fiance and I went here for brunch via a recommendation from our friends. We went for their half price Saturday brunch menu. We had a great experience from beginning to end. I ordered the eggs beni with crab cakes and she had the waffles and chicken. Both were wonderful. We also each had a glass of champagne; at $6/each how could we refuse! Our waitress was attentitive and gave good service. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gals' night & yummy dinner!BorgyDined on 3/7/2014First time at Manhattan for 7pm reservation with 5 of my girl friends for a party. Our server made us really welcome & helped my friends decorate our table. We had a round of tasty cocktails, followed by a great dinner. I enjoyed my steak served with truffle mash, while my friends seemed to like their meais. It was loud and social but a fun place to kick off our evening. Would definitely recommend. One side note: I booked our table through Dine Around Seattle / Open Table so was disappointed when our server said that the special Dine Around 3-course dinner (why we had booked there) was not available on Friday nights. However, she honored the booking when I explained the online error. Good food & good service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite place on the hillAngelUhDined on 3/7/2014I bring my friends from out of town and coworkers to Manhattan for lunch, happy hour or special dinners and brunch! Service is always great. Funk is AWESOME!Special Features:
- Awesome restaurant!DiamondGirlDined on 3/6/2014We participated in the Dine Around Seattle and had never been to Manhattan before. We will definitely put this on our "to go back to" list. The staff was extremely friendly and the food was fantastic. Two thumbs up for me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Treasure - Southern PleasureislandjimDined on 3/2/2014This restaurant has a surprise for those who have never experienced southern/creole pleasure. There a little gems to be found within the menu. Do a little exploring and relax with a beniet. A litlle greens a little grits. Don't knock it until you try it!Special Features:
- superb servicegjdinerDined on 2/25/2014The service from front door to bar to table was excellent. The food on a Tue night. .not up to par. The experience was nice so maybe I would consider again on a weekend.Special Features:
- the food and drinks were amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014the food and drinks were amazing everything was excellently prepared and the flavors were outstanding such good food. The different bloody mary's were all also well done and excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server forgot usOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014I had friends in from out of town. They wanted me to pick a brunch place. I had never been to Manhattan so I thought why not? I arrived early and the hostess was really nice. I was seated before my actual reservation. My friends showed up and we began catching up. About 20 mins later a server stopped by and finally asked if we had been helped. We told her no, so she said she would take our table. People arrived after us at the tables on both sides of us; they received drinks and food before we received anything. Our food finally arrived and we had yet to receive our drinks. Overall, the service was disappointing while the food was outstanding. I would recommend this place for the food. Maybe the service thing was one time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/16/2014We enjoyed the brunch happy hour. Order before 11 to get half priced entrees. Eggs Benedict were awesome. One of the best I've had and I order it every place that serves it. Cheese grits and jalapeño corn bread was delicious too. Definitely going to Manhattan again. Bloody Marys looked tempting,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!RJW2001Dined on 2/15/2014This is our place to go when celebrating a special occasion everything is always perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding all aroundAfelekiDined on 2/15/2014Loved everything about it. Would definitely eat there again and take a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was divineDivadish4uDined on 2/15/2014Had a great belated Valentine's celebration with the love of my life. He'd never been and we enjoyed tge music while feasting on the delicious steak and crab cakes. Plus, I was treated to a signature cocktail just by saying what I like in a drink. We definitely will be coming back and bringing lots of friends. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Came here for Valentines day.markhammondDined on 2/14/2014Came here for Valentines day. I'll be honest... we don't care to go out on the Hallmark holiday, and I can't say this was our destination spot, but I'm SO SO SO glad we got the chance to try it out. The steak & seafood amazing, of course, but it was the small touches that made the food spectacular... prosciutto wrapped asparagus, just barely seared on the edges... a well-balanced sauce with the steak Oscar... we're definitely coming back here!Special Features: