Manhattan in the Desert
2665 East Palm Canyon Road
Palm Springs, CA 92264Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Manhattan in the Desert
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://manhattaninthedesert.com/
- Phone: 7603223354
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday thru Thursday: 7:00am - 9:00pm Friday and Saturday: 7:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater any event, big or small.
- Special Events: Reserve our back room for special occasions.
A word from Manhattan in the Desert
This popular New York Style Deli serves up amazing deli sandwiches, soups and salads and much more - huge menu, huge portions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Manhattan in the Desert - Best Restaurants in Palm Springs ›
Manhattan in the Desert reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)great for lunch (17)great for brunch (12)good for groups (12)hot spot (7)fit for foodies (7)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)romantic (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Really, really GREAT!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Read a so-so bad review.........however, always judge for yourself.............and this place has just about anything and everything you might want to order, plus, the food we did order was just like homemade and delicious! Know what a Phosphate drink is? They had Chocolate Phosphate drink on the beverage menu. Not since 1960 have I come across that. If you are disappointed, then you should be staying home eating your own cooking! HIGHLY RECOMMENDSpecial Features:
- One of the two best Deli's in townsagewoodVIPDined on 9/19/2014Humongous portions. Do your waistline a favor, and bring a friend to share in your bounty. The food is a cut above the average deli. Great sandwiches, and a huge menu to select from. Just about everything is good. Some of my favorites are the pastrami, corned beef and rare roast beef sandwiches. For dinner fare, believe it or not, they have some of the best BBQ'd ribs in the desert. Also good are the Fish and Chips, and the not to be missed Mish Mash Soup. Desserts are decadent and huge, so if you indulge, one for a table of 4 or 2 is probably plenty.Special Features:
- Simply the bestLIVINTHEDREAMDined on 9/12/2014We always go to "Manhattan Deli" when in the desert. Why go anywhere else? Everyone & every good item is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RAYMONDVIPDined on 9/11/2014The food is good but not value for money. The servers could be less surly.
- Good DiningConstanceDined on 9/9/2014We enjoyed bringing out of town guests to the Manhattan for dinner. Our guests were pleased so that was great. However, my husband and I both ordered the fish and chips which we wouldn't recommend. We have dined at the restaurant many times and have always enjoyed all other menu items. Quality is excellent and portions more than adequate. Service has always been very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall ok but service needs workHikeCaDined on 8/23/2014Bottom line is that we eat here often and usually enjoy it. The food is normally very consistent however the service needs work. Where restaurants got the idea to have someone other then the wait staff bringing out the food is beyond me. We had 4 people in our party, 3 of the meals came out incorrect. The bus person, who dropped off the food, said he would handle it, not done. Then we flagged down someone else, they said they would handle it, nothing again. Finally our waitress came back to see how things were and she was really concerned and handled the issues immediately. No one told her about the problems so we were left hanging. We have had this happen at other places as well so its not just here.Special Features:
- WonderfullLovfoodDined on 8/17/2014Great place for family outing. Great price for what you order. Fast service and great serviceSpecial Features:
- One of the bestNotHard2PleaseVIPDined on 8/10/2014It's always a good experience for a good casual experience.Special Features:
- reviewerrobertreviewerrobertVIPDined on 8/10/2014Great for breakfast but stay away if you want real deli food. Lox and bagel was absolutely tastless. Pastrami tasted like it cam prepackaged from a grocery store - Where is the flavor? In fairness, we moved here from NYC but this was terribel. Maybe bland is good for an elderly clientel but I want real deli. Pancakes and baked goods are great so stick to those.
- Manhatten of the DesertJimmyDDined on 8/10/2014Very easy to make a reservation. Staff members were very pleasant. Unfortunately, it was just too loud and hard to carry on a conversation. I will not schedule another meeting at this location. However, I will return to dine and will recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfriendly - poor serviceJezebelDined on 7/27/2014Inattentive service-unfriendly wait staff. Broccoli in soup was so over cooked, I sent it back to kitchen, server said we would be charged the same price for the half sandwich and soup as though, it was a complete order, I ordered another half sandwich, she grudgingly brought the item. sandwiches ok, pastrami was rolled rather than flat on sandwich, which made the sandwich appear larger than actual food layers. would try Sherman's in Palm Springs next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomehugefanDined on 7/17/2014Fantastic food, huge desserts, friendly staff ane reasonably pricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodFredDined on 7/7/2014Always good deli food, numerous choices and pleasant staff.Special Features:
- Good food, friendly service!JCCLACAVIPDined on 7/5/2014The bacon, mushroom, cheese omelette is so good, very generous with all ingredients. It's the cheesiest, yum! Service is always friendly here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and service!JCCLACAVIPDined on 6/24/2014We've been here many times and the food is always consistently good and everyone who works here are nice and friendly. Great for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The bacon and sausage pancakes...YUM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 145 reviews are from the Manhattan in the Desert reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2014there was nothing to absorb sound and a loud table of eight golfers was really intrusive. Not much you can do about that, our misfortune. We should have asked to be reseated. The food, predictably, was tasty and nicely presented and our waiter was very attentive and cordial. As usual, the portions are huge and, knowing that, I ordered off the appetizer menu which was perfect. Wish there were half-orders of more items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best deli in the valleysagewoodVIPDined on 6/16/2014Mile high sandwiches can easily be split between two people. Desserts are also Gynormous! Good service by caring staff. Don't miss it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite DeliOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014This has to be our favorite Deli. It's great for breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and we always try and go a couple of times when ever we are in Palm Springs. Food is always great and portion sizes are huge. Check out the cake counter, the cakes are enormous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous - must goAlwayshonestfoodieVIPDined on 6/8/2014By far the BEST Deli, Brunch, Bakery in all of CA. Actually puts NY Delis to shame. I had the egg omelette with onions and mushrooms, they actually sautéed the onions and mushrooms first! Hash browns are shredded and cooked to perfection. My daughter got the strawberry Nutella waffle.... It was fabulous. Smoked salmon egg sandwich served on a toasted sesame bagel. Every dish was just amazing. We were in town for 5 days and we said we are coming back for lunch. The dinner entrees looked amazing as well. The best part is you can have anything on the menu anytime of the day . I recommend Manhattan in the desert 100%. You will not be disappointed in any way!,Special Features:
- It is Manhattan in the DesertMarcSVIPDined on 6/7/2014As a transplanted New Yorker, whenever I need a corned beef or a Pastrami fix I had here. The food is authentic and delicious and the cakes and parties can't be beatSpecial Features:
- The real McCoy...rexvultVIPDined on 5/24/2014This is a true New York style deli! Everything is fresh and flavorful. The matza ball soup is amazing. Be sure to get it mish-mash then you get to experience the amazing krepla! The half sandwich and soup is my standard lunch fare. For around ten bucks you get a generous portion of soup half a sandwich stacked high with pastrami, corned beef or many other choices from their amazing selection. What can you say, never had a bad thing there. It's okay if you don't save room for the huge slices of cake and pastry from the bakery, I usually get mine to go (along with some of the best chocolate chip cookies and cinnamon arugalas in the world. Manhattan in The Desert...they got that right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and service!JCCLACAVIPDined on 5/20/2014The food is consistently good here and some of the friendliest waitstaff around!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!NeighborhoodspotsDined on 5/18/2014We had wonderful food at Brunch on Sunday, however, it is so busy that they tend to forget people out on the patio. We have eaten there often and this would not deter us from going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great to CelebrateHighappDined on 5/12/2014They made a special event for us wonderful. The guests enjoyed the food and the accommodations for a large party! Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably excellent!NorthwesternerDined on 5/11/2014Manhattan in the Desert never misses, whether it's the delicious chicken salad platter, or the Carrot Cake French Toast (unbelievably good ... must be tasted to be believed).Special Features:
- BOS2SANVIPDined on 5/11/2014Their pastries are outrageous so anything you get is fantastic...big enough for 3-4 ppl to share!! I ordered two eggs over medium well and they were extremely well-done...crispy with a hard yoke! Our waiter immediately corrected the problem. Substituted a latka for home fries, and although a little greasy, it was great and served with sour cream and cinnamon apple sauce. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent local restaurantLifeisgoodDined on 5/3/2014This is a great local restaurant for all meals. The food is excellent, portion are more then adequate, service is good and a good value especially for family dinning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food!kemevaVIPDined on 4/25/2014love the split 1/2 sandwich and soup. the portions are so big this seems to be a sane amount of food. everything is great!Special Features:
- TRUE DeliDeliDevoteeDined on 4/18/2014Living in LA, I've enjoyed Cantor's, Langer's and Brent's - each for their special contribution to the Deli experience. Manhattan Deli is just a great example of the best Deli has to offer. The very attentive staff adds to the joy. Thanks; living in Palm Desert can be better with the short drive along the 111.Special Features:
- Great DeliFoodandWineLoverDined on 4/7/2014We love Manhattan in the Desert, especially for breakfast, lunch and dessert. It is a great value with excellent food. Not gormet but well done. Besides dinner, we had two breakfasts and one lunch during our stay. All portions are HUGE. The desserts are beyond HUGE (GINORMOUS is a more appropriate description.) Each dessert that we purchased provided enough for 4 people. Sandwiches are as stacked high with meat. The least memorable was actually dinner only because the other meals outstanding. If you love a NY Jewish deli and restaurant this is the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Consumers and CarnivoresVegetarianbyChoiceDined on 4/5/2014Only 2 menu items for vegetarians. both items are only mediocre. Large helpings and huge bakery items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent, lots ofrbon17Dined on 3/16/2014Food was excellent, lots of choices to choose from...wait staff was outstanding, attentive and friendly!!Special Features:
- Disappointing SupperlcamDined on 3/10/2014The gravy on turkey and potatoes was like glue, dressing was very dry and not very hot. The turkey was tasty though.. My husband loved his ribs. Soup was just so so. Saying that, the deli-style food that was served at another table looked really good. Should have ordered a deli sandwich. May try again for lunch, definitely not supper place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Reservation is Still a ReservatioCLHfromPSVIPDined on 3/9/2014The MOST notable thing that happened was that we made a reservation about a half a hour before arriving as it was Saturday morning and they had availability. When we arrived, there were several groups ahead of us. After checking everyone in - about a minute - we were immediately ushered to our table ahead of the parties walking in. I was incredibly impressed as we could have had to wait until the non-reserved queue was seated and the 'choice' table were all taken. Here a reservation is STILL a reservation. All other aspects were VERY GOOD but this stood out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Jewish Deli in the DesertJohnSVIPDined on 3/1/2014Great place when you need a getaway for comfort food in Palm SpringsSpecial Features:
- The best go-to restaurant!NotHard2PleaseVIPDined on 2/22/2014Never had a bad experience at Manhattan's. The food is great, plus a wide variety AND breakfast is served all day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Learn a few tricksFoodie101Dined on 2/22/2014Eggs Benedict were outstanding...it's the additional lemon squeeze in the hollandaise sauce, The pastry display was unbelievable as was the tantalizing taste of the chocolate cake. This is a favorite spot, especially to bring out of town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Day DinnerTImmDined on 2/14/2014Opening reservations made it easy to book and head over for dinner. Opted for the Valentines day dinner for two Each entree was fresh and nicely presented. The service was kind and attentive and the price was very reasonable.Special Features:
- A good lunch place in Palm SpringsObi1VIPDined on 2/8/2014I think this restaurant is a better breakfast, lunch or brunch place serving traditional deli food. Had a problem with my dinner and they were so nice to correct it and then gave me a bag of rugalach which were delicious, being able o taste the butter and cream cheese in the cookie. Will try it again during the day rather than dinner.Special Features:
- Worth the parking hassledesertdinerDined on 2/8/2014Once inside Manhattan in the Desert, the diner forgets the hassle of parking. Our group of three finally gave up and parked near Walgreens in the Smoke Tree Center and walked to the deli. Being able to make a reservation is a plus, but I need to get a better sense of the hours that parking in Manhattan's lot is possible. Wonderful food, fast/efficient service, pleasant (albeit a bit noisy) atmosphere. Obviously a Palm Springs favorite. Perhaps mid summer rather than "in season" would be a better time as far as parking is concerned. I will be a return customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.