1142 Manhattan Ave
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266Neighborhood:
Manhattan Beach / Hermosa Beach
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Manhattan Beach Post
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eatmbpost.com/
- Phone: (310) 545-5405
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm-10:00pm,
Friday: 11:30am-10:30pm (Nooner Menu 11:30-5pm, Dinner Menu 5pm-10:30pm),
Saturday: 10am-10:30pm (Brunch Menu 10am-2pm, Nooner Menu 2pm-5pm, Dinner Menu 5pm-10:30pm),
Sunday: 10am-10:00pm (Brunch Menu 10am-2pm, Nooner Menu 2pm-5pm, Dinner Menu 5pm-10pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: David Lefevre
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wine
M.B. Post is the culmination of 15 years of work, travel, and finely honed technique in the world's most vibrant culinary communities by Michelin-stared chef, David LeFevre. Renowned for his fine-dining experience and seafood mastery at Water Grill, LeFevre returns to his culinary roots with a more rustic menu, built to be shared and served in a gracious and welcoming environment.
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
- Loved date night at MB Post!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/26/2014My favorite things about the meal were the bacon cheddar biscuits with maple butter appetizer and the desert of soft serve horchata ice cream with rice pudding and a churo. Amazing! Everything I had hoped it would be and more. They have a great long wine and beer list along with very fun and creative must try cocktails!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Does not disappointOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/23/2014Second visit to MB Post. Great food! Biscuits are incredible. Pork jowl...amazing. Ravioli, delicious. You can't go wrong. Highly recommended for a birthday or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a a healthy place!!!PenniDined on 11/22/2014We went their for brunch on a Saturday and I'm pregnant and I couldn't eat anything but the chop salad. It was a HUGE dissappointment. Most of the food is not for healthly people - if you go there know you are going to have a lot of bad calories. I recommend it for dinner only - but you must make reservations they are really busy. Also, it is very pricey - we usually spend anywere between $150-200 for dinner and then I get hungry about 2 hours after.Special Features:
- Favorite brunch spot, despite having kidsVanceDined on 11/22/2014We love the food so much at MB Post that we continue to go even though our kids are exactly the wrong age for their tight quarters between tables. Some of the most imaginative and delectable brunch food you could imagine. Haven't been for lunch or dinner, but assume that they are equally fine. Highest recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local Hot Spot & FunCigarmanDined on 11/21/2014The flavor & Food are outstanding, the Service was stellar, and Hostesses are friendly and the helpful.The noise level is loud and a few less tables might help. I understand thier running a business it might be nice if they could cut back on bar traffic so those dinning can relax and enjoy the flavors with a little less distraction from constantly repeating each other to understand the dinner conversation. The seating is tight and this also raises the level of noise. Need to decide do they want to be a bar or a restaurant with a bar. I do enjoy the family style serving immensely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but a bit loudJournalboyDined on 11/21/2014MB Post, like it's sister restaurants, pays a lot of attention to offering menu selections that are several steps above a bar menu - stopping short of the fine dining level. Impressed by their creativity. We chose a "nosh" routine with veggies first, followed by two entrees that we shared among four people. However, this high-ceiling location already presents a setting for a loud place. What they didn't need to do was turn up the music, too. We could hardly have a decent conversation at our table without shouting at one another. I get the idea of having a hoppin place, but save it for the true bar joints, not a place that has such great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GiaPetDined on 11/18/2014Fun, lively restaurant, food is amazing and unique. Great for a special occasionSpecial Features:
- It was absolutely perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/17/2014Went here for my birthday and ordered everything the server recommended. And everything was so delicious. Definitely pricey night out, but totally worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mixture of flavorsOverlyshare1984Dined on 11/14/2014Food here is amazing, drinks are great. Service was great but I'm not sure why our server would note that she hated hot red wine and that she would sometime throw an ice cube in her wine to chill it, I completely lost respect for her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeNYCfoodieDined on 11/14/2014Fantastic experience on all levels. Only drawback is you cannot carry a conversation with someone across the table from you but that would not keep me from returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/10/2014I've eaten here several times. Once with a girlfriend who was visiting from out of town, once for brunch and most recently with a larger group for a birthday party. Each time we made reservations in advance. The earlier you go the quieter it is. The food is great. The bacon cheddar buttermilk biscuits are amazing! We had the truffle laced honey fried chicken and the chimichurri steak. The chicken pot pie is delicious, as is the kale salad, diver scallops, orecchiette, lamb belly.I could go on. On the brunch menu they had a bibimbap bowl special which I was hesitant to order (I'm Korean American) it was quite possibly one of the best bibimbap bowls I've ever had. I❤️The cocktails here-had a variation on an old fashioned! So good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small Plates of JoyfoodtasticDined on 11/9/2014Great Experience! Food, Service, and Ambiance were very good. Music was a tad loud for a dinner environment. Bacon cheddar biscuits with maple butter were simply amazing. Pork jowl, seared diver scallops, roasted brussels sprouts, and blistering blue lake green beans were also very good. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timersluv2nomnomDined on 11/7/2014Found this place randomly and we are so glad we did. Get the biscuits!!! Everything was so tasty. We are coming back for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurant!Roadwarrior3VIPDined on 11/5/2014Always a great meal, specials are special, wine list is great. Don't miss the bacon chedder biscuits! Only complaint is the noise level, but crowd is fun! Try their sister restaurant, Fishing with Dynamite too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manhattan GEMOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014My favorite restaurant in Manhattan Beach. I ask friends to drive from Hollywood, Beverly Hills ect when they get together just to come to Manhattan Beach Post. The brussel sprouts will change your life and the chicken pot pie even though only seasonal will have you dreaming about your next return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodPsanoDined on 10/31/2014Even though our RSVP was not ready and we had to wait awhile to get a table, the food and service was excellent. The place brought a plate of their famous biscuits for our wait. Worth the wait!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid PostJoanneVIPDined on 10/30/2014Food never disappoints. Wine list is solid. Cous cous and broccoflower delicious. Pork jowl and skirt steak amazing. Pali Pinot the best! Biscuits to die for. What else can you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MAKR1VIPDined on 10/30/2014Once again a very enjoyable dining experience. It's been a few months since our last dinner at MB Post. Better than ever. Wait staff caring, helpful and gracious. We will certainly put MB at the top of our list when dining locally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday DinnerJoeJDined on 10/27/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday with another great meal at the Post. The biscuits and a jamon Iberico to start and later the Moroccan Lamb Belly. We also tried the Loup de mer, which was great! The horchata soft serve was a treat along with the churro :) Great drinks to boot, the Royal Provisions and mojito were enjoyed. We will be back.Special Features:
- MB gemFoodmavenVIPDined on 10/26/2014Great brunch scene. Lively and vibrant. Delicious bacon cheddar biscuits -- to die for pear french toast. Great selection of small plates and cocktails. A wonderful restaurant for brunch or dinnerSpecial Features:
- Yelp reviewers did not disappoint!rewingDined on 10/25/2014Found this place on Yelp and booked a table based on reviews. Awesome food - tapas style, unique cocktails, vibrant scene. Great walk on Manhattan Beach pier after!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid choiceMBdancerDined on 10/19/2014This place never disappoints! I love trying new dishes and being mind blown every. single. time. Great service and fun atmosphere. I will continue to recommend.Special Features:
- Biscuits are to die for!FoodloverDined on 10/18/2014The biscuits were just amazing!! W/ the butter it comes w/, it was the perfect combo of not too salty or sweet. Got a taste of the steak & eggs, chimichanga & fried chicken. They were all so yummy! Wish they served Brussels sprouts at brunch, too. I'd skip the pumpkin cake tho. Bland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a first dateltodadDined on 10/17/2014I flew in from Las Vegas just for a first date with an LA woman who researched Google for the perfect venue and found multiple listings for Manhattan Beach Post that led us to choose this spot. Great energy, bar scene and dynamic seating concept. The small plates menu was ideal for sharing and eating as much or as little as we wanted. I recommend it for anyone except someone who is uncomfortable with family-style tables or is looking for a quiet romantic spot. The conversation sound level was on the high side, but that made for great energy.Special Features:
- Amazing FoodeatsDined on 10/17/2014Totally worth it! It was a bit pricey for an everyday lunch/dinner place. I do with there was a bit more room between the tables. The server recommended several great things to us. She knew EVERYTHING.Special Features:
- Girls night outbindygrlDined on 10/16/2014Perfect setting that drew ahh's when folks came over the crest of the hill and saw the ocean, followed up by great food, good wine and wait staff who were game to have fun with us. Would recommend again and again for something 'different' where all could share a taste of many great dishes.Special Features:
- phillynladudeVIPDined on 10/12/2014I love this place but it's slipped slightly. drinks took forever (10-12 min) and much of our food lacked seasoning. We will come back for sure but wasn't as sharp as usual.
- Date NightWeekendawayDined on 10/11/2014Great food. Loved the naan bread. Green beans were amazing! And so was the steak!Special Features:
- what a placeTomDoriDined on 10/11/20145:30 on Saturday night and the place was packed. However we had early reservations to beat the crowd and were seated promptly. Bar service was a little slow. The food is quite rich and is centered around sharing different plates. We thought the food quality has gone slightly down hill in the past year, but it is still an excellent option in the Beach Cities.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerAH10210Dined on 10/10/2014Came here for my anniversary. The food here is amazing and the drinks are great too! If you like red meat, I highly recommend the ribeye. It is melt in your mouth delicious. The broccoflower and bacon cheddar biscuits are also a great way to indulge. Needless to say, we ate way too much and look forward to doing it again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbTheInsiderVIPDined on 10/9/2014My wife and I are jealous we can't take this place home with us to San Francisco!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aussie's in ManhattanglennDined on 10/9/2014The food here is good. The place is lively and tables are pretty close but all in all the experience was great.Special Features:
- Fantastic ServicemercuryDined on 10/9/2014The food here is amazing, the dishes are seasoned to perfection, paired with veggies I'd never think to order at a restaurant. The service was incredible, our party arrived late and even though it was a busy night, the hostess and servers were kind and polite. We were celebrating two birthdays and they brought us some desserts, on the house. I introduced my friends to this place and I cannot get over how perfect this first dinner was for us all. Way to make a first impression! Thanks to all the staff & management. You're doing it right!Special Features:
- lewaDined on 10/5/2014The string beans and lamb belly are too salty. Cheddar biscuits and brussels sprouts are great as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritesRyanDined on 10/5/2014Super creative food and cocktails, small plates to share with the table, I can't recommend this place enough.Special Features:
- CacaDined on 10/4/2014Great place for brunch in Manhatan Beach. Great food, great service. The biscuits and sticky bun were my favorites, the eggs Benedict were also delicious! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- First TimerBengalBobDined on 9/30/2014I went as a party of four on a Tuesday night and the place was packed.....really liked the menu and assortment of choices. The wine list was really good. I liked MB Post and would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- DonaldDined on 9/29/2014Yes, a gem. Each of our food choices was both excellent......and an adventure! Our experience with both food and service was outstanding.Special Features:
- great food,tight seatingfoodieDined on 9/28/2014Not really private seating. Hard to have a private conversation. Get to know your neighbors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch a PostBarbDined on 9/28/2014Great service. Delicious food. BUT the flies! Had to throw a napkin over everything after cpntinuously swatting them away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.