1142 Manhattan Ave
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266Neighborhood:
Manhattan Beach / Hermosa Beach
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Manhattan Beach Post
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eatmbpost.com/
- Phone: 3105455405
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm-10:00pm,
Friday: 11:30am-10:30pm (Nooner Menu 11:30-5pm, Dinner Menu 5pm-10:30pm),
Saturday: 10am-10:30pm (Brunch Menu 10am-2pm, Nooner Menu 2pm-5pm, Dinner Menu 5pm-10:30pm),
Sunday: 10am-10:00pm (Brunch Menu 10am-2pm, Nooner Menu 2pm-5pm, Dinner Menu 5pm-10pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: David Lefevre
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wine
M.B. Post is the culmination of 15 years of work, travel, and finely honed technique in the world's most vibrant culinary communities by Michelin-stared chef, David LeFevre. Renowned for his fine-dining experience and seafood mastery at Water Grill, LeFevre returns to his culinary roots with a more rustic menu, built to be shared and served in a gracious and welcoming environment.
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
- Great mealJeriopwalkDined on 8/31/2014We had a delicious meal of biscuits, sea scallops, Brussels sprouts, steak and the most awesome desert, the Elvis! The taste of every bite was heaven. It was a little noisy, but the food made it with it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MB PostOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014Great decor. No outdoor area, but open front doors create flow of air. Outdoor/indoor feel. High ceilings. The fad these days is "small plates" to share. But, i think it is a clever marketing scheme to get you to spend more money per plate. Many restaurants do this these days. We went for the french toast we saw being made on First Look and were really underwhelmed. The french toast looked like a slightly upgraded sandwich I could have made WAY better myself. The hash plate was really good and flavorful. The chimichunga was OK. The biscuits were good. Didn't try the cocktails, which looked interesting, but was trying to keep it to under $100 for two for brunch, including tip. Good mixed crowd.Special Features:
- Absolutely the best !!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014EVERY SINGLE THING we ordered was outstanding. We went for brunch. The server was friendly. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a meal this much. Cheddar-bacon biscuits to die for. We had a stone fruit salad, eggs Benedict(biscuit--see above, w/ arugula, prosciutto & hollandaise) the fried chicken breast over kohlrabi salad.& an order of Nueske bacon w/rosemary, brown sugar and chili. THIS IS A WINNER!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/28/2014The dishes at MB Post are extraordinary combinations of food. Their plantain dish, brussell sprouts, shrimp, mussels, and on and on are filled with unexpected flavors. Never too spicy, always just enough to not overwhelm or underwhelm. Portions run from tapas size to full entree. You can't go wrong with anything on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Front Desk excellence,BGISRQDined on 8/24/2014We made a mistake and booked 2 instead of 4 persons. The smiling young lady at the front desk was professional giving us a 20-30 window for seating. She was kind to find a chair for my husband to sit. The manager appeared & we found he focused on our mistake with Open Table and not focused on helping us secure a 4 top. He said "the wait would be 45-60 minutes". The impression left "we are to busy to handle this problem". We waited and ordered an excellent Pino. The front desk staff were terrific finding us a communal table within 20 min. Excellent meal with really good service. For us, the food sophisticated for the decor, the music louder then needed & the manager...he needs to work on his people skills. Kudos to the front desk.Special Features:
- fantastic food!rcsfDined on 8/24/2014The environment was nice but at the same time relaxed and the food was outstanding!Special Features:
- All Around YumVeggieFoodieDined on 8/24/2014We had a group of 6 and made reservations a few weeks in advance as the weekends fill up very, very fast. We shared almost every dish on the menu and enjoyed every single bite. You don't leave super full for how much each dish costs, but just to get a taste of everything is worth it. We were lucky to get the table by the open front and got to soak in the last of Manhattan Beach summer. Service was great, plates came out just at the right times, I hate when they rush the food out and you don't have time to enjoy, but that wasn't the case. Can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- Love this place!Marsee3VIPDined on 8/24/2014Our server Paul was fantastic! He explained everything perfectly about the menu. We select 4 items for brunch. One dish was better than the next. We celebrated my husband's birthday there.He loved everything and had the best time!Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Food was very good and the presentation was great. The table placement in the dining area gave the feeling of privacy, even though it was very loud. The only complaint was the service from both the hostess and the primary server. The hostess told me she had a table for me, then I think she forgot I was there and sat every other party that came after me until I made sure she saw me(30 min later). Primary server really only took our order and our money but no one asked how everything was and all our glasses were empty before someone else came to ask us if we wanted anything else. I had ordered coffee too, but only got the initial cup, no refill.Special Features:
- AS AWESOME AS EVER...DinahDined on 8/22/2014so THIS time I brought a friend for a birthday lunch, as she had never been there. I made the reservation for 11:30, but then realized we couldn't possibly get there until 12:30. I tried to call between 11 and 11:30 but of course they weren't open, and after that, I knew I wouldn't be able to call. So we just showed up at 12:30. They were SO NICE, SO UNDERSTANDING, SO ACCOMMODATING! We were still able to get a lovely table and our waiter, Joseph, was everything you'd want in a waiter: informative, helpful, attentive and efficient. As usual, the food was marvelous. We HAD to have the cheese/bacon biscuits, and then split a chopped salad with an amazing dressing and a tasty burrata and red pepper sandwich. This place never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MBP Never Disappointscliententertainer1Dined on 8/18/2014It was my 4th time eating at MB Post and as usual, the food was outstanding. The menu changes frequently so there's always something new to try but they also continue to offer their tried and true dishes like the bacon, cheddar, buttermilk biscuits, fresh herb ricotta and blistered string beans, which are three must haves every time I go. We ordered several dishes and shared among the table. Their potato, leek & truffle ravioli that was especially good. Super flavorful yet balanced so you tasted all of the individual elements. Service is always friendly prompt which rounds out the overall experience. Make reservations well in advance if you're not flexible on time.Special Features:
- Great for foodiesKellyFDined on 8/18/2014I learned some out of town visitors are foodies so we brought them here because of the inventive menu. We shared and loved everything, the skirt steak was fantastic and the summer corn dish was also memorable. Overall a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Entertaining FriendsEnglishFoodieDined on 8/15/2014This one of my favourite places, so decided to bring our English visitors here for dinner and it did not disappoint as always the food was flavoursome, fully of textures and every dish delivered. The WOW's were the steak, fries, biscuit and the green beans. Our guests were very impressed.Special Features:
- Awesome foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Food was vibrant and fresh. Loved all the different ingredients used.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodTx1234Dined on 8/14/2014Have never been disappointed at MBP. We always try to get a few of the written in options on the menu and they are always fantastic and uniqueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manhattan Beach favorite!MissBDined on 8/14/2014From the open to the outdoors indoor seating area, to the communal or private table options, to the extensive wine and cocktail list, to the yummy bacon cheddar biscuits with honey butter, to the charcuterie options, to the tapas galore of veggies, meats, seafood to the music selection, this place has it down pat! Transparent kitchen, warm atmosphere, great service, just a lovely place. Make your reservations ahead of time for any day of the week because this place is the place to be!Special Features:
- service lacking. Mgr superb!linnardDined on 8/13/2014At night, if you don't have 20/20 vision, it may hard to read the menu without a flashlight as the lighting goes from dim to very dim. Unfortunately, my guest and I were seated in a very dimly lit area. I asked her if they had a flashlight I could use to read the menu. She said no. I asked if she would ask someone. Still the answer was no. Thanks to another diner loaning me a phone light, I placed my order with the server but my guest still hadn't decided. Our server said she would give him "a couple more minutes". 10mins later she came back. The meal was delicious! However, upon leaving I decided to suggest to the mgr of getting a flashlight. He informed me a flashlight is available and deeply apologized for my experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousMDMADined on 8/13/2014best charcuterie in l.a. friendly, unpretentious service - well done!Special Features:
- Fabulous Food No ConversationLuginVIPDined on 8/12/2014The food was absolutely delicious. The biscuits were even better than the reviews. That is the first time I have had squid and truly enjoyed it. There was a fresh corn dish that had delightfully mysterious taste and textures. My husband enjoyed a steak and we also shared a mushroom pasta. Portions are small and fun to share with around the table so you can enjoy so many great flavors. Our only issue was the extremely loud noise level. We noticed in the very brief intervals between songs that we could hear a bit better. A suggestion would be to tune the volume down just a bit. Our guests thought the food was wonderful but said they would not return because of the noise level.Special Features:
- A pleasant eveningfoodalwaysDined on 8/11/2014Food was delicious, nicely seasoned and at the same time a lot went into the dishes. It was pretty darn good! Nothing overly salty or sweet, (only the broccoflower was quite lemony) It was reasonably priced with good portions. Perfect for sharing. You're able to try some meat dishes you don't normally find. Our waiter was sooo nice and accommodating, great service. Make reservations way ahead of your occasion or you'll end up with some later hour choices if you can even get it in time.Special Features:
- One of my favorite placesAllywithaYDined on 8/10/2014For many reasons. The food is amazing - everything has the perfect flavor to it. Bacon cheddar biscuits with the maple butter is a must and then I love, love the weiser farm potatoes that are the perfect mix of soft and crispy with a delightful buttermilk sauce that is light, yet rich. Can't explain it. The decor has a farm chic, beach comfort to it that lets you feel like you're on a ranch somewhere with that mix of weathered wood and bright, bohemian flower arrangement in the center. And the staff is very pleasant and knowledgeable. It's rare that you meet a place that has this level of comfort combined with delicious food and great service. This is my go-to for any visitors or friends.Special Features:
- Awesome BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014We have dined at MB Post many times for amazing dinner experiences. We tried the Brunch on Saturday and it was excellent. The entrees were reasonably priced, fresh interesting ingredients and we had the usual top of the line service. Love the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and DeliciousBruinOBDined on 8/6/2014Great for a relaxed and fun dinner. Sharing food compels interaction and, likely, you will be talking about how good everything tastes. It is pretty loud in there but my girlfriend and I did not have trouble hearing each other despite being toward the middle of the restaurant. Be sure to make a reservation (but of course you are already on open table, so you knew that). Cured meats!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsSBProudDined on 8/5/2014MB Post is a class act. The service is outstanding and the food sublime in a way that's unique for the South Bay. I'd go much more often if it weren't so loud. I leave with a sore throat from shouting over the music. I don't get it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always impressesDawnzDishVIPDined on 8/3/2014We love going to MB Post! The food is consistently great whether we order our usual favorites or try something new. The service is spot on and Orit always ensures we are well taken care of!Special Features:
- Great meal...OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/1/2014...once you finally get a reservation. Lots of "belly" on the menu - tasty but rich.Special Features:
- Pricey for portion sizesrese4673Dined on 8/1/2014I must start by saying that the buttermilk cheddar bacon biscuits were great. However, for $6.00 for only two, I do not know if it was worth it. Our bill was over $130.00 (2 people) and we left hungry and stopped to get a burger. $18.00 for 3 scallops. a la carte and so on! We dine out a lot and fine dine twice a month, so prices do not scare us away, but I strongly feel that you are paying for location and the trendiness of the place more than the food. They feature a strict tapas only menu, that is not good if you are looking for something sustainable. If you need some food with your alcohol, then this is okay.Special Features:
- EAT HERE!!!kwaffleDined on 7/30/2014This is one of the best dinners I have had in LA... We ate: bacon cheddar biscuits, pretzel bread, diver scallops, brussel sprouts, LAMB BELLY, truffle rib eye. I wanted to keep eating. If there is one restaurant to go to in Manhattan Beach, this is it!Special Features:
- First timeGlennVIPDined on 7/29/2014The cheese bacon biscuits were excellent and the diver scallops we had were done perfectly. Definitely coming back with friendsSpecial Features:
- Really want to Like this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2014The setting, service, and ambiance were all fine and made for an positive dining setting. The problem was the food. We tried six dishes (for $100+) and except for the signature bacon-cheddar biscuits, which were cold but good, the remaining dishes were disappointing. Couscous -too minty and confusing, pork jowl-tough, macncheese- salty, crab-terrible with little edible, and green beans-heavy. We left more than half the food, and all of the beans. Maybe it was a bad night, or our tastes didn't match those of the chef. Still it was disappointing to be in an enjoyable setting and feel cheated by the food. We're not food snobs, but we dine out 5-6 nights a week and know what works. Too bad..
- AnniversarysweeteatsDined on 7/28/2014It was a perfect place to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary. Great food and service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/27/2014The biscuits were amazing, but everything else was a bit lacklustre or poorly executed
- Good food - fun atmosphereALFM2082VIPDined on 7/25/2014Good for groups. Good food and cocktails. Only negative was that it was very noisy - hard to hear the conversation at our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Evening!shoeprincessDined on 7/18/2014MB Post does not disappoint. Been here several times and the food and service is always superb. The lamb belly, rib-eye, kale salad, brussel sprouts and of course, my FAVORITE...bacon cheddar biscuits! To die for. It was my birthday so they comped a delicious chocolate tart. A great night as always. I will ALWAYS come back!Special Features:
- Loved the experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014I had an amazing experience at Manhattan Beach Post. The server was helpful and very friendly, coming by every now and then to check and make sure we were okay. The chef pulled the dish we wanted from the menu but we were recommended another item that did not disappoint. I highly recommend reservations on busy weekends. The crowd waiting to be seated was overwhelming, but having a table reserved meant that we were expected and ready to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Excellent Meal @ MB PostHermosaFoodieDined on 7/17/2014This has become one of my favorite restaurants in Manhattan Beach even though it is hard to really have a conversation due to the noise level. The must for every visit include bacon-cheese biscuits, Brussels sprouts and the blistering green beans. They have an excellent variety of meat dishes and this time we had the rib-eye, lamb belly, and off the added items, chicken meatballs and chicken thighs with hush puppies. All delicious and different! My favorite was probably the lamb belly which is much leaner than pork belly. This was another excellent meal at MB Post.Special Features:
- Never disappointsFanclubDined on 7/16/2014Excellent food and delish cocktails as usual. Super attentive server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ambience and foodhsannaDined on 7/12/2014This is a place for a foodie with a big wallet. :) The tapas are small portioned so if you are up for trying different food and paying for it, then this is for you. Or, you can go with a group of friends, order different things and share the cost. Overall, the food and service was good, but personally I am glad I went here when I wasn't too hungry. Otherwise, I would have been very unsatisfied with the portions. It also seemed like their handmade cocktails and drinks were good. I would like to go back with a different group to try drinks and other food on the menu. Their menu changes every month (if not week) and that is very refreshing. Parking was a bit of a challenge, but it's near Manhattan Beach, so you would expect that.Special Features:
- xxxxVIPDined on 7/9/2014i think that the food is very tasty. love the bisquits. i think the bar gets backed up or the server can't go over to the bar often enough because my drink (martini) wasnt cold and there was a little wait to get our drinks. but i have never waited for more than a couple of minutes to get my table even on a busy night. MB Post understands how to book and not overbook tables. it makes me feel like they know my time is important tooSpecial Features:
- You have to like high deciblesSandyVIPDined on 7/6/2014Innovative food but very loud music detracts from your meal. Our throats were sore from shouting after the main course, skipped dessert and fled.Special Features: