1142 Manhattan Ave
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266Neighborhood:
Manhattan Beach / Hermosa Beach
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Manhattan Beach Post
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eatmbpost.com/
- Phone: 3105455405
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm-10:00pm,
Friday: 11:30am-10:30pm (Nooner Menu 11:30-5pm, Dinner Menu 5pm-10:30pm),
Saturday: 10am-10:30pm (Brunch Menu 10am-2pm, Nooner Menu 2pm-5pm, Dinner Menu 5pm-10:30pm),
Sunday: 10am-10:00pm (Brunch Menu 10am-2pm, Nooner Menu 2pm-5pm, Dinner Menu 5pm-10pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: David Lefevre
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wine
M.B. Post is the culmination of 15 years of work, travel, and finely honed technique in the world's most vibrant culinary communities by Michelin-stared chef, David LeFevre. Renowned for his fine-dining experience and seafood mastery at Water Grill, LeFevre returns to his culinary roots with a more rustic menu, built to be shared and served in a gracious and welcoming environment.
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
- great food,tight seatingfoodieDined on 9/28/2014Not really private seating. Hard to have a private conversation. Get to know your neighbors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch a PostBarbDined on 9/28/2014Great service. Delicious food. BUT the flies! Had to throw a napkin over everything after cpntinuously swatting them away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itAhansonDined on 9/26/2014Every time I visit the Los Angeles area I visit Manhattan Beach Post. I love it there. Unbelievably tasty food and drinks, different from anything I have ever tasted. Such a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerNectarine24Dined on 9/24/2014We went to MB Post for my birthday dinner and it was just as good as I wanted it to be. We went for the food and the cocktails. Definitely a bit on the pricey side because you order several small plates, but great for special occasions if you want to do something with one or two other people. It can get a little bit loud at night, but we went earlier so it was a much more manageable noise level. We got the Maryland Blue Crab, Brussel Sprouts, Skirt Steak, and the Orecchiette and the Bacon Cheddar Buttermilk Biscuits. I would recommend all of these dishes! They are definitely rich and my diet went out the window for the night but it was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always dependablepabloDined on 9/20/2014Always delicious. When I'm in the mood for brunch or any other meal when this place is open and I don't want to risk terrible service or inadequate food at a new or unfamiliar place, I go here. The menu keeps the popular dishes but always changes things up depending on the what is available seasonally. The chef is always friendly when he's not busy making fantastic food, (and his place next door Fishing With Dynamite isn't too shabby either). This place is worth a visit to Manhattan Beach. You can walk to the pier afterwards and look at the ocean. For as hip and popular as this place is, you never feel its status with the staff who are consistently friendly and accommodating. I hope it is open for many years to come.Special Features:
- Good, not greatLADinerDined on 9/20/2014The food here is always spectacular, but something about this last visit was underwhelming. The eggs benedict (my usual favorite) was luke warm at best and the biscuits were hard... as if under a heat lamp for too long. This was by no means a bad meal... the flavors were incredible and we enjoyed the food and our crafty bloody marys, it just wasn't as great as other times I've been.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even better than anticipatedRevBDined on 9/19/2014Everything was terrific...and while not quiet, one could carry on a conversation (sometimes rare in restaurants these days). And we are still talking about the food days later...including those incredible biscuits, the amazing green beans, and the terrific soft shell crabs (and the other things we ordered were excellent as well). Looking forward to going back soon...perhaps for brunch.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/18/2014Food was interesting and pretty good. Noise was overwhelming to the point of being uncomfortable.
- The Place to Be in Manhattan Beach.DoggyDined on 9/16/2014Great food. Great ambience, superior service. Just 1 block from the beach.. Parking behind the restaurant.Special Features:
- Very Nice!AlanTDined on 9/14/2014Met some friends here last Sunday. First visit. Great small plates, interesting wine list. Quite noisy, so not a place for intimate conversation. But the food is very good! Parking at the beach can be a problem.Special Features:
- Just okOutalotDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I were really surprised this place gets just great reviews. Granted we are both spoiled with opportunities to go to great restaurants all over the country. But this place was so well reviewed we am expected it to be amazing. We had the brussel sprouts, kale salad, squid and mussels to start and all but the squid were mediocre at best and the portion on the squid, although good, was laughably small. Our server was surprised we were done after 4 dishes but that with 2 drinks was already $100 and we just thought it wasn't worth it, we left and ended up getting appetizers at another place around the corner. Maybe it was an off night, but it just wasn't that good. So sad, because we live within walking distance.Special Features:
- Third time is the charmandroid612Dined on 9/10/2014This is our our third consecutive anniversary we've spent at MB Post and it has been a great experience each time. Our server was attentive, knowledgable and very friendly. The food was delicious and unusual. It is always busy, but that makes it an energetic evening. Looking forward to next year!Special Features:
- Great Food But...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/9/2014Our anniversary dinner at MB Post was disappointing, not because of the food, which was innovative and very good, but because the waiter all but ignored us. He was very very attentive to two nearby tables with four undeniably attractive young ladies. He was fauning to the point where they were rolling their eyes and commenting about how embarassing it was becoming. meanwhile... Our drinks were never refreshed. We had to cancel an item that never arrived. The manager finally brought us our desserts along with an apology. We have been to MB before and had a lovely time. That is the reason we chose it for our special evening. And that is why we were so put off! Sigh.Special Features:
- SoftrakDined on 9/9/2014Soft shelled crab, seared scallops, kale salad, and scones were awesome.Special Features:
- sparkyDined on 9/9/2014Food was great. We felt rushed through dinner. We had to take an early reservation & that may be the reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- creative, well-prepared menum12x12Dined on 9/8/2014The wonderful array of imaginative "small plates" makes for a varied, delicious choice of treats perfect for sharing with a group. Lots of superb vegetarian options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Post TimeDanicolexDined on 9/6/2014We were group of six celebrating a birthday on a busy Saturday Night. We were seated at a great table right on time. Our waiter was helpful with the drinks and the small plates menu. The one thing I have learned to appreciate in a waiter is to cut you off when they know it is plenty and he did. The food was great ,the biscuits should not be missed. Other noteables were the soft shell crab, lamb belly and green beans. Yum. It was a hungry group so we had a lot and there was not a bad dish. The meal was paced just right and dishes came out at a nice pace and you never felt rushed. I would recommend MBP and I would go back again. It is a little tough to hear at times, but, that seemed to ebb and flow with the number of people in the bar.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Good food, too noisy, tables somewhat tightly squeezed together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much louder than usualTiffVIPDined on 9/6/2014What's with the loud loud music? Seems the music/speakers get louder every time. Not sure ill return as it really impacts dining experience Food was not as good as usual - couscous salad was blandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- to loudcharDined on 9/4/2014This is my 4th time coming to Manhattan Beach Post. Not a good place for an anniversary dinner. We were seated next to the kitchen and could not hear each other talk. I heard the table next to me and all their conversation not my spouses. We wanted to leave so badly that we order desert to go. Our check came quickly but the desert was another 10 minutes. We waited outside for it.Special Features:
- Great mealJeriopwalkDined on 8/31/2014We had a delicious meal of biscuits, sea scallops, Brussels sprouts, steak and the most awesome desert, the Elvis! The taste of every bite was heaven. It was a little noisy, but the food made it with it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MB Postgreengirl75Dined on 8/31/2014Great decor. No outdoor area, but open front doors create flow of air. Outdoor/indoor feel. High ceilings. The fad these days is "small plates" to share. But, i think it is a clever marketing scheme to get you to spend more money per plate. Many restaurants do this these days. We went for the french toast we saw being made on First Look and were really underwhelmed. The french toast looked like a slightly upgraded sandwich I could have made WAY better myself. The hash plate was really good and flavorful. The chimichunga was OK. The biscuits were good. Didn't try the cocktails, which looked interesting, but was trying to keep it to under $100 for two for brunch, including tip. Good mixed crowd.Special Features:
- Absolutely the best !!Chiens4everDined on 8/31/2014EVERY SINGLE THING we ordered was outstanding. We went for brunch. The server was friendly. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a meal this much. Cheddar-bacon biscuits to die for. We had a stone fruit salad, eggs Benedict(biscuit--see above, w/ arugula, prosciutto & hollandaise) the fried chicken breast over kohlrabi salad.& an order of Nueske bacon w/rosemary, brown sugar and chili. THIS IS A WINNER!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative foodFoodieDined on 8/28/2014The dishes at MB Post are extraordinary combinations of food. Their plantain dish, brussell sprouts, shrimp, mussels, and on and on are filled with unexpected flavors. Never too spicy, always just enough to not overwhelm or underwhelm. Portions run from tapas size to full entree. You can't go wrong with anything on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Front Desk excellence,BGISRQDined on 8/24/2014We made a mistake and booked 2 instead of 4 persons. The smiling young lady at the front desk was professional giving us a 20-30 window for seating. She was kind to find a chair for my husband to sit. The manager appeared & we found he focused on our mistake with Open Table and not focused on helping us secure a 4 top. He said "the wait would be 45-60 minutes". The impression left "we are to busy to handle this problem". We waited and ordered an excellent Pino. The front desk staff were terrific finding us a communal table within 20 min. Excellent meal with really good service. For us, the food sophisticated for the decor, the music louder then needed & the manager...he needs to work on his people skills. Kudos to the front desk.Special Features:
- fantastic food!rcsfDined on 8/24/2014The environment was nice but at the same time relaxed and the food was outstanding!Special Features:
- All Around YumVeggieFoodieDined on 8/24/2014We had a group of 6 and made reservations a few weeks in advance as the weekends fill up very, very fast. We shared almost every dish on the menu and enjoyed every single bite. You don't leave super full for how much each dish costs, but just to get a taste of everything is worth it. We were lucky to get the table by the open front and got to soak in the last of Manhattan Beach summer. Service was great, plates came out just at the right times, I hate when they rush the food out and you don't have time to enjoy, but that wasn't the case. Can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- Love this place!Marsee3VIPDined on 8/24/2014Our server Paul was fantastic! He explained everything perfectly about the menu. We select 4 items for brunch. One dish was better than the next. We celebrated my husband's birthday there.He loved everything and had the best time!Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Food was very good and the presentation was great. The table placement in the dining area gave the feeling of privacy, even though it was very loud. The only complaint was the service from both the hostess and the primary server. The hostess told me she had a table for me, then I think she forgot I was there and sat every other party that came after me until I made sure she saw me(30 min later). Primary server really only took our order and our money but no one asked how everything was and all our glasses were empty before someone else came to ask us if we wanted anything else. I had ordered coffee too, but only got the initial cup, no refill.Special Features:
- AS AWESOME AS EVER...DinahDined on 8/22/2014so THIS time I brought a friend for a birthday lunch, as she had never been there. I made the reservation for 11:30, but then realized we couldn't possibly get there until 12:30. I tried to call between 11 and 11:30 but of course they weren't open, and after that, I knew I wouldn't be able to call. So we just showed up at 12:30. They were SO NICE, SO UNDERSTANDING, SO ACCOMMODATING! We were still able to get a lovely table and our waiter, Joseph, was everything you'd want in a waiter: informative, helpful, attentive and efficient. As usual, the food was marvelous. We HAD to have the cheese/bacon biscuits, and then split a chopped salad with an amazing dressing and a tasty burrata and red pepper sandwich. This place never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MBP Never Disappointscliententertainer1Dined on 8/18/2014It was my 4th time eating at MB Post and as usual, the food was outstanding. The menu changes frequently so there's always something new to try but they also continue to offer their tried and true dishes like the bacon, cheddar, buttermilk biscuits, fresh herb ricotta and blistered string beans, which are three must haves every time I go. We ordered several dishes and shared among the table. Their potato, leek & truffle ravioli that was especially good. Super flavorful yet balanced so you tasted all of the individual elements. Service is always friendly prompt which rounds out the overall experience. Make reservations well in advance if you're not flexible on time.Special Features:
- Great for foodiesKellyFDined on 8/18/2014I learned some out of town visitors are foodies so we brought them here because of the inventive menu. We shared and loved everything, the skirt steak was fantastic and the summer corn dish was also memorable. Overall a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Entertaining FriendsEnglishFoodieDined on 8/15/2014This one of my favourite places, so decided to bring our English visitors here for dinner and it did not disappoint as always the food was flavoursome, fully of textures and every dish delivered. The WOW's were the steak, fries, biscuit and the green beans. Our guests were very impressed.Special Features:
- Awesome foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Food was vibrant and fresh. Loved all the different ingredients used.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodTx1234Dined on 8/14/2014Have never been disappointed at MBP. We always try to get a few of the written in options on the menu and they are always fantastic and uniqueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manhattan Beach favorite!MissBDined on 8/14/2014From the open to the outdoors indoor seating area, to the communal or private table options, to the extensive wine and cocktail list, to the yummy bacon cheddar biscuits with honey butter, to the charcuterie options, to the tapas galore of veggies, meats, seafood to the music selection, this place has it down pat! Transparent kitchen, warm atmosphere, great service, just a lovely place. Make your reservations ahead of time for any day of the week because this place is the place to be!Special Features:
- service lacking. Mgr superb!linnardDined on 8/13/2014At night, if you don't have 20/20 vision, it may hard to read the menu without a flashlight as the lighting goes from dim to very dim. Unfortunately, my guest and I were seated in a very dimly lit area. I asked her if they had a flashlight I could use to read the menu. She said no. I asked if she would ask someone. Still the answer was no. Thanks to another diner loaning me a phone light, I placed my order with the server but my guest still hadn't decided. Our server said she would give him "a couple more minutes". 10mins later she came back. The meal was delicious! However, upon leaving I decided to suggest to the mgr of getting a flashlight. He informed me a flashlight is available and deeply apologized for my experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousMDMADined on 8/13/2014best charcuterie in l.a. friendly, unpretentious service - well done!Special Features:
- Fabulous Food No ConversationLuginVIPDined on 8/12/2014The food was absolutely delicious. The biscuits were even better than the reviews. That is the first time I have had squid and truly enjoyed it. There was a fresh corn dish that had delightfully mysterious taste and textures. My husband enjoyed a steak and we also shared a mushroom pasta. Portions are small and fun to share with around the table so you can enjoy so many great flavors. Our only issue was the extremely loud noise level. We noticed in the very brief intervals between songs that we could hear a bit better. A suggestion would be to tune the volume down just a bit. Our guests thought the food was wonderful but said they would not return because of the noise level.Special Features:
- A pleasant eveningfoodalwaysDined on 8/11/2014Food was delicious, nicely seasoned and at the same time a lot went into the dishes. It was pretty darn good! Nothing overly salty or sweet, (only the broccoflower was quite lemony) It was reasonably priced with good portions. Perfect for sharing. You're able to try some meat dishes you don't normally find. Our waiter was sooo nice and accommodating, great service. Make reservations way ahead of your occasion or you'll end up with some later hour choices if you can even get it in time.Special Features: