1142 Manhattan Ave
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266Neighborhood:
Manhattan Beach / Hermosa Beach
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Manhattan Beach Post
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eatmbpost.com/
- Phone: 3105455405
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm-10:00pm,
Friday: 11:30am-10:30pm (Nooner Menu 11:30-5pm, Dinner Menu 5pm-10:30pm),
Saturday: 10am-10:30pm (Brunch Menu 10am-2pm, Nooner Menu 2pm-5pm, Dinner Menu 5pm-10:30pm),
Sunday: 10am-10:00pm (Brunch Menu 10am-2pm, Nooner Menu 2pm-5pm, Dinner Menu 5pm-10pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: David Lefevre
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wine
M.B. Post is the culmination of 15 years of work, travel, and finely honed technique in the world's most vibrant culinary communities by Michelin-stared chef, David LeFevre. Renowned for his fine-dining experience and seafood mastery at Water Grill, LeFevre returns to his culinary roots with a more rustic menu, built to be shared and served in a gracious and welcoming environment.
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
- Solid choiceMBdancerDined on 10/19/2014This place never disappoints! I love trying new dishes and being mind blown every. single. time. Great service and fun atmosphere. I will continue to recommend.Special Features:
- Biscuits are to die for!FoodloverDined on 10/18/2014The biscuits were just amazing!! W/ the butter it comes w/, it was the perfect combo of not too salty or sweet. Got a taste of the steak & eggs, chimichanga & fried chicken. They were all so yummy! Wish they served Brussels sprouts at brunch, too. I'd skip the pumpkin cake tho. Bland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a first dateltodadDined on 10/17/2014I flew in from Las Vegas just for a first date with an LA woman who researched Google for the perfect venue and found multiple listings for Manhattan Beach Post that led us to choose this spot. Great energy, bar scene and dynamic seating concept. The small plates menu was ideal for sharing and eating as much or as little as we wanted. I recommend it for anyone except someone who is uncomfortable with family-style tables or is looking for a quiet romantic spot. The conversation sound level was on the high side, but that made for great energy.Special Features:
- Amazing FoodeatsDined on 10/17/2014Totally worth it! It was a bit pricey for an everyday lunch/dinner place. I do with there was a bit more room between the tables. The server recommended several great things to us. She knew EVERYTHING.Special Features:
- Girls night outbindygrlDined on 10/16/2014Perfect setting that drew ahh's when folks came over the crest of the hill and saw the ocean, followed up by great food, good wine and wait staff who were game to have fun with us. Would recommend again and again for something 'different' where all could share a taste of many great dishes.Special Features:
- phillynladudeVIPDined on 10/12/2014I love this place but it's slipped slightly. drinks took forever (10-12 min) and much of our food lacked seasoning. We will come back for sure but wasn't as sharp as usual.
- Date NightWeekendawayDined on 10/11/2014Great food. Loved the naan bread. Green beans were amazing! And so was the steak!Special Features:
- what a placeTomDoriDined on 10/11/20145:30 on Saturday night and the place was packed. However we had early reservations to beat the crowd and were seated promptly. Bar service was a little slow. The food is quite rich and is centered around sharing different plates. We thought the food quality has gone slightly down hill in the past year, but it is still an excellent option in the Beach Cities.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerAH10210Dined on 10/10/2014Came here for my anniversary. The food here is amazing and the drinks are great too! If you like red meat, I highly recommend the ribeye. It is melt in your mouth delicious. The broccoflower and bacon cheddar biscuits are also a great way to indulge. Needless to say, we ate way too much and look forward to doing it again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbTheInsiderVIPDined on 10/9/2014My wife and I are jealous we can't take this place home with us to San Francisco!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aussie's in ManhattanglennDined on 10/9/2014The food here is good. The place is lively and tables are pretty close but all in all the experience was great.Special Features:
- Fantastic ServicemercuryDined on 10/9/2014The food here is amazing, the dishes are seasoned to perfection, paired with veggies I'd never think to order at a restaurant. The service was incredible, our party arrived late and even though it was a busy night, the hostess and servers were kind and polite. We were celebrating two birthdays and they brought us some desserts, on the house. I introduced my friends to this place and I cannot get over how perfect this first dinner was for us all. Way to make a first impression! Thanks to all the staff & management. You're doing it right!Special Features:
- lewaDined on 10/5/2014The string beans and lamb belly are too salty. Cheddar biscuits and brussels sprouts are great as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritesRyanDined on 10/5/2014Super creative food and cocktails, small plates to share with the table, I can't recommend this place enough.Special Features:
- CacaDined on 10/4/2014Great place for brunch in Manhatan Beach. Great food, great service. The biscuits and sticky bun were my favorites, the eggs Benedict were also delicious! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- First TimerBengalBobDined on 9/30/2014I went as a party of four on a Tuesday night and the place was packed.....really liked the menu and assortment of choices. The wine list was really good. I liked MB Post and would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- DonaldDined on 9/29/2014Yes, a gem. Each of our food choices was both excellent......and an adventure! Our experience with both food and service was outstanding.Special Features:
- great food,tight seatingfoodieDined on 9/28/2014Not really private seating. Hard to have a private conversation. Get to know your neighbors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch a PostBarbDined on 9/28/2014Great service. Delicious food. BUT the flies! Had to throw a napkin over everything after cpntinuously swatting them away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itAhansonDined on 9/26/2014Every time I visit the Los Angeles area I visit Manhattan Beach Post. I love it there. Unbelievably tasty food and drinks, different from anything I have ever tasted. Such a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerNectarine24Dined on 9/24/2014We went to MB Post for my birthday dinner and it was just as good as I wanted it to be. We went for the food and the cocktails. Definitely a bit on the pricey side because you order several small plates, but great for special occasions if you want to do something with one or two other people. It can get a little bit loud at night, but we went earlier so it was a much more manageable noise level. We got the Maryland Blue Crab, Brussel Sprouts, Skirt Steak, and the Orecchiette and the Bacon Cheddar Buttermilk Biscuits. I would recommend all of these dishes! They are definitely rich and my diet went out the window for the night but it was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always dependablepabloDined on 9/20/2014Always delicious. When I'm in the mood for brunch or any other meal when this place is open and I don't want to risk terrible service or inadequate food at a new or unfamiliar place, I go here. The menu keeps the popular dishes but always changes things up depending on the what is available seasonally. The chef is always friendly when he's not busy making fantastic food, (and his place next door Fishing With Dynamite isn't too shabby either). This place is worth a visit to Manhattan Beach. You can walk to the pier afterwards and look at the ocean. For as hip and popular as this place is, you never feel its status with the staff who are consistently friendly and accommodating. I hope it is open for many years to come.Special Features:
- Good, not greatLADinerDined on 9/20/2014The food here is always spectacular, but something about this last visit was underwhelming. The eggs benedict (my usual favorite) was luke warm at best and the biscuits were hard... as if under a heat lamp for too long. This was by no means a bad meal... the flavors were incredible and we enjoyed the food and our crafty bloody marys, it just wasn't as great as other times I've been.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even better than anticipatedRevBDined on 9/19/2014Everything was terrific...and while not quiet, one could carry on a conversation (sometimes rare in restaurants these days). And we are still talking about the food days later...including those incredible biscuits, the amazing green beans, and the terrific soft shell crabs (and the other things we ordered were excellent as well). Looking forward to going back soon...perhaps for brunch.Special Features:
- booking meant nothingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/18/2014i booked for 9:30 and by 10pm they still didn't have a table. that kind of thing just destroys a meal.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/18/2014Food was interesting and pretty good. Noise was overwhelming to the point of being uncomfortable.
- The Place to Be in Manhattan Beach.DoggyDined on 9/16/2014Great food. Great ambience, superior service. Just 1 block from the beach.. Parking behind the restaurant.Special Features:
- Very Nice!AlanTDined on 9/14/2014Met some friends here last Sunday. First visit. Great small plates, interesting wine list. Quite noisy, so not a place for intimate conversation. But the food is very good! Parking at the beach can be a problem.Special Features:
- Just okOutalotDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I were really surprised this place gets just great reviews. Granted we are both spoiled with opportunities to go to great restaurants all over the country. But this place was so well reviewed we am expected it to be amazing. We had the brussel sprouts, kale salad, squid and mussels to start and all but the squid were mediocre at best and the portion on the squid, although good, was laughably small. Our server was surprised we were done after 4 dishes but that with 2 drinks was already $100 and we just thought it wasn't worth it, we left and ended up getting appetizers at another place around the corner. Maybe it was an off night, but it just wasn't that good. So sad, because we live within walking distance.Special Features:
- Third time is the charmandroid612Dined on 9/10/2014This is our our third consecutive anniversary we've spent at MB Post and it has been a great experience each time. Our server was attentive, knowledgable and very friendly. The food was delicious and unusual. It is always busy, but that makes it an energetic evening. Looking forward to next year!Special Features:
- Great Food But...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/9/2014Our anniversary dinner at MB Post was disappointing, not because of the food, which was innovative and very good, but because the waiter all but ignored us. He was very very attentive to two nearby tables with four undeniably attractive young ladies. He was fauning to the point where they were rolling their eyes and commenting about how embarassing it was becoming. meanwhile... Our drinks were never refreshed. We had to cancel an item that never arrived. The manager finally brought us our desserts along with an apology. We have been to MB before and had a lovely time. That is the reason we chose it for our special evening. And that is why we were so put off! Sigh.Special Features:
- SoftrakDined on 9/9/2014Soft shelled crab, seared scallops, kale salad, and scones were awesome.Special Features:
- sparkyDined on 9/9/2014Food was great. We felt rushed through dinner. We had to take an early reservation & that may be the reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- creative, well-prepared menum12x12Dined on 9/8/2014The wonderful array of imaginative "small plates" makes for a varied, delicious choice of treats perfect for sharing with a group. Lots of superb vegetarian options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Post TimeDanicolexDined on 9/6/2014We were group of six celebrating a birthday on a busy Saturday Night. We were seated at a great table right on time. Our waiter was helpful with the drinks and the small plates menu. The one thing I have learned to appreciate in a waiter is to cut you off when they know it is plenty and he did. The food was great ,the biscuits should not be missed. Other noteables were the soft shell crab, lamb belly and green beans. Yum. It was a hungry group so we had a lot and there was not a bad dish. The meal was paced just right and dishes came out at a nice pace and you never felt rushed. I would recommend MBP and I would go back again. It is a little tough to hear at times, but, that seemed to ebb and flow with the number of people in the bar.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Good food, too noisy, tables somewhat tightly squeezed together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much louder than usualTiffVIPDined on 9/6/2014What's with the loud loud music? Seems the music/speakers get louder every time. Not sure ill return as it really impacts dining experience Food was not as good as usual - couscous salad was blandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- to loudcharDined on 9/4/2014This is my 4th time coming to Manhattan Beach Post. Not a good place for an anniversary dinner. We were seated next to the kitchen and could not hear each other talk. I heard the table next to me and all their conversation not my spouses. We wanted to leave so badly that we order desert to go. Our check came quickly but the desert was another 10 minutes. We waited outside for it.Special Features:
- Great mealJeriopwalkDined on 8/31/2014We had a delicious meal of biscuits, sea scallops, Brussels sprouts, steak and the most awesome desert, the Elvis! The taste of every bite was heaven. It was a little noisy, but the food made it with it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MB Postgreengirl75Dined on 8/31/2014Great decor. No outdoor area, but open front doors create flow of air. Outdoor/indoor feel. High ceilings. The fad these days is "small plates" to share. But, i think it is a clever marketing scheme to get you to spend more money per plate. Many restaurants do this these days. We went for the french toast we saw being made on First Look and were really underwhelmed. The french toast looked like a slightly upgraded sandwich I could have made WAY better myself. The hash plate was really good and flavorful. The chimichunga was OK. The biscuits were good. Didn't try the cocktails, which looked interesting, but was trying to keep it to under $100 for two for brunch, including tip. Good mixed crowd.Special Features: