3295 Village Dr.
Jackson Hole, WY 83025Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mangymoose.com/
- Phone: 3077334913
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: Jeff Rettig
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Mangy Moose is pleased to design private parties to fit your vision and budget.
- Private Party Contact: Ari Borshel 3077334913
- Entertainment: Rated one of the top ten ski bars in the world by Forbes Traveller, the famous Mangy Moose Saloon offers good times, hand muddled margaritas, deck seating and live music.
A word from Mangy Moose
The Mangy Moose Restaurant and Saloon showcases the best of Jackson Hole with an eclectic vibe, reasonable prices, and locally sourced, seasonally fresh food. Since 1967, the Mangy Moose continues to be a must stop on any to visit in Jackson Hole. Enjoy a hearty and affordable breakfast or lunch in our RMO Cafe. Visit the Mangy Moose Saloon for a Spicy Margarita while listening to live music on our stage. Share a delicious dinner with your family in the Mangy Moose Restaurant or outside on our covered deck. Stop by our Market and Cellars where you will find all your grocery and travel needs, a large selection of wines and even the NY Times.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mangy Moose reviews from OpenTable diners
- Very Disappointed!RedRoxDined on 10/31/2013We went to the Mangy Moose expecting a good dinner of buffalo meatloaf, an appetizer of baked brie and our favorite beer Moose Drool. Drove through a snowstorm to find the place practically empty. The hostess/waitress/bus person was polite and explained that the restaurant was getting ready to close for a month and re-open for ski season. The first disappointment was no beer of any kind then there was no brie and no buffalo meatloaf. We wound up with a burger - not what we came for. While I understand closing to prep for the big season, why run the restaurant with almost no staff and very little food? Why don't you just shut it down and not risk ruining a good rep because you want to clean out what is left in the refrigerator?Special Features:
- October MooseTimothyDined on 10/24/2013The food and service were excellent. The manager and waitress good not be better. The place was not as busy as it is normally so, the business and fun that is normally there was missing during the off season. The menu was shorter but, the food was tp of the line! Bring back the Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich on the evening menu. When I was a kid this was listed on the menu for those who could not decide what to eat. it was priced the same as a higher priced item and was a "Chef's Choice" We would be served the PBJ with a garnish and then the main dish would come out and it was normally a nice meal, chef's choice with an extra helping of something like a vegetable or desert. It was fun and one of the things that made the meal memorable.
- Surprisingly Great Food!ZbuzzVIPDined on 10/8/2013We weren't expecting to enjoy the food as much as we did given the name of the Restaurant. It is one of the best meatloaf dinners we have had and the Chicken breast with the sweet corn hash was cooked perfectly and very tasty. Our waitress was very good and knew the menu. Will definitely return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentradiosbDined on 9/20/2013We picked this place based upon reviews and we were all pleasantly surprised! The food was amazing (bison meatloaf, bison burger and filet). Our waitress was so friendly and we even saw he out and about the folkowing day..still super friendly! They had great live music in the saloon, but is fills up fast. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fun and FoodmudderbearDined on 9/13/2013The food the ambience and service were all top notch! would go againSpecial Features:
- A favorite placeTomRDined on 9/9/2013We eat here whenever we travel to Teton Village and have never been disappointed with the food or the service.Special Features:
- Not great food but a fun place.SandiDined on 8/31/2013The food was salty and over cooked. Truffle fries were pretty good.Special Features:
- Mangy MooseMargeDined on 8/30/2013Good varied menu, we prefer the prime rib. Nice deck on a warm summer evening in the Tetons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must go...GolferSADined on 8/20/2013Not sure what all the negativity was about in the reviews I have read... perhaps you sat in the bar and not the restaurant? We arrived 5 minutes later than our reservation, were welcomed and taken to a great table. The server was awesome and friendly, the food was well prepared, and we got exactly what we ordered. Highly recommended, try the buffalo meatloaf.Special Features:
- Extraordinary Foodie ExperienceMAGGIEVIPDined on 8/18/2013We've eaten great food all over the world, but didn't expect world-class cuisine in this tiny town. There is a real chef in the kitchen! The Spicy Marguerita shrimp cocktail had me moaning, but I shared a few bites with my husband who agreed that it was extraordinary and worthy of having again and again. His appetizer was the Baked Brie ( and he didn't share at all!) Just when I thought I couldn't get any happier, the waiter brought the entrees, Idaho fresh rainbow trout for me and a very generous prime rib for my husband. Trust me, we're talking perfection on a plate. The place has a fun, casual decor, but serious cooking is coming out of the VERY talented chef's kitchen. We're definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over pricedfishrrDined on 8/18/2013Our meal was average in taste and very expensive for a burger and meatloaf. Waitstaff was excellent.Special Features:
- Enjoyable Group DinnerTrooperDined on 8/9/2013After a day of hiking and outdoor activities in the Tetons area, our group of 11 enjoyed a delightful dinner meal at the Mangy Moose. Seated in the main dining room upstairs mezzanine, we were served by two pleasant and attentive waitresses. The appetizers and meals were delicious, and served in ample quantities. The location and ambiance is terrific. Overall, a very enjoyable visit to the Mangy Moose.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodEKZooVIPDined on 7/31/2013I had the trout and it was delicious wit arugula & vinaigrette . My husband had steak which he enjoyed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected touristy got qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2013We wanted somewhere fun to eat and knew we were picking a restaurant based on location and decor. So we didn't expect the high quality of food and service we received. The chefs do an amazing job of preparation and presentation. Each of our dinners was delicious! The waitstaff was so friendly and we had a great time! Definitely on our list of places to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have dined here severalOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/24/2013We have dined here several times during the winter and enjoyed the food & the atmosphere. No so this summer; the dining room was full of children and very noisy. My husband's steak was over cooked, but my fish was very good.Special Features:
- Mangy Moose is a winnerUltimatedinerfinderDined on 7/12/2013Great atmosphere. Loved the decor! The service was outstanding!! Food was really really Good!! The Brie and berry appetizer was awesome! I definitely recommend the trout!! Bar was fun with live entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun decor, good service, andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/5/2013Fun decor, good service, and good solid food. The Mangy Moose is located right in the middle of the Teton Village ski resort, which does great year-round business. Reservations seem to be necessary (it was very busy at 7pm on a Friday night). Portions are large, drinks are solid but nothing special, and parking is very convenient. All-in-all, a solid "B".Special Features:
- Mangy MooseJimG3Dined on 6/22/2013There were 3 people; two had the elk, one filet. All said their meal was excellent, the meat properly cooked. Service was very good. The wine list is not huge, but we found a very good syrah at a reasonable price. The reservation system worked fine and we were seated immediately when we arrived. We would all recommend the Mangy Moose to anyone in the Jackson Hole area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MenuPakaDined on 5/26/2013I realize we visited in the off season, but I felt the menu was limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and fun.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013Enjoyed dinner here with our group. The ribs were great. The service friendly. Handy location and a great bar next door.Special Features:
- We had dinner twice at theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/15/2013We had dinner twice at the Moose during our ski vacation this week, love decor and the food.
- Fun, casual place with a variedDuckyVIPDined on 3/2/2013Fun, casual place with a varied menu for different people's food tastes. Food was prepared nicely for each of our group members' selections.Special Features:
- Good place for a steak. GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/5/2013Good place for a steak. Good service as well. Been there before and will go back.Special Features:
- The food was good but pricey.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/29/2012The food was good but pricey. The waitress was in a hurry and was not friendly.Special Features:
- Good value , good food withOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2012Good value , good food with a nice friendly wait staff.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere. Good, honestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012Great atmosphere. Good, honest local food. No airs or graces.Special Features:
- We had our Christmas dinnerlamcatsDined on 12/25/2012We had our Christmas dinner at the Mangy Moose. We were a large party and they were able to seat us in a cozy corner. The food was fun and good and everyone had a great time. The meatloaf seemed to be a favorite!Special Features:
- Moderate crowd for a ChristmasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/21/2012Moderate crowd for a Christmas season Friday night. Subdued, no buzz.
- We were crushed to find outOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012We were crushed to find out that the salad bar is no longer a fixture at the Mangy Moose! We had talked this up to our kids (half our our foursome) and everyone was disappointed by its absence. Still, the food was prepared exceptionally well and we had a great time. Bring back the salad bar!Special Features:
- I love the Mangy Moose andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/26/2012I love the Mangy Moose and go there every year when I am in town for my annual convention. It has become a much anticipated tradition. The food and ambience are the very best in the area!Special Features:
- Spent the weekend in Jackson.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012Spent the weekend in Jackson. A friend recommend the MM, and we weren't disappointed, it was great. Fun times, great people, and an overall pleasant experience. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- We had our 20th wedding anniveraryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2012We had our 20th wedding anniverary dinner there as part of our out west trip. It was quiet, not crowded and the food was good. Nothing really popped out at us as it being an extra special place accept for the animal heads hanging on the wall. The view was beautiful outside as it is located at the base of the Grand Tetons.Special Features:
- I had prime rib & my husbandjeanyDined on 8/31/2012I had prime rib & my husband had trout - both were quite good. The sides were not great & the bread, although good, was not served warm. The prices are reasonable for the Jackson area. With the ambiance being neat, it was a very enjoyable dinner.
- Good food - liked my chickenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2012Good food - liked my chicken pasta with sherry sauce better than my husband's entree (ribs). Friendly waitress and enjoyed our conversation with the bus person from South America.Special Features:
- The atmosphere at the MangyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2012The atmosphere at the Mangy Moose was very nice. The friend I was with wanted to revisit his experience at this restaurant from about 30 years ago, so we went for dinner. I had the Mead burger, which I found to be very dry. The truffle fries were very good. My friend had the flank steak, which was not sliced properly and he said it was OK. Other than that, service was good, atmosphere was good, but the food, while not awful, just didn't come quite up my expectations.Special Features:
- Good gone blandOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012Haven't been back for a number of years. Sad to say it was not what it used to be; limited menu, prime rib tasted like corned beef at a higher than typical cost.Special Features:
- Food was fair. Wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/7/2012Food was fair. Wait staff seemed capable, but kitchen was clearly struggling, and lacked management overall. 50% occupied on a Saturday night told the whole story. They need Gordon Ramsey before they loose the rest of their business.Special Features:
- Very casual with great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/7/2012Very casual with great food and fantastic service.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2012The ribs were terrible and no one noticed that we sent back almost thee racks of ribs untouhed? We ordered take out pizza one night an it was excellent. Burgers were good. Location is convenient if you're staying at Teton Village but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat here.Special Features:
- this dining experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 6/6/2012this dining experience was good. nothing outstanding but a good meal and good service.Special Features: