208 S. Howard Ave.
Tampa, FL 33606Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mangroves-restaurants.com/default.htm
- Phone: 8132583302
- Hours of Operation:
Pre-Fix Dinner Daily: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Mangroves is the perfect setting for any occasion and we will cater to your every need. Whether you are planning a holiday party to a small sit down dinner, Mangroves will make your event spectacular.
A word from Mangroves
Mangroves is one of South Tampa’s best kept secrets, one you will want to discover. With fresh seafood, beef, poultry and lamb cooked to mouth –watering perfection and beautifully presented. Mangroves is located in the trendy SO-HO District of Hyde Park in South Tampa, just minutes from downtown.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mangroves reviews from OpenTable diners
- Go for Brunch!gatorjulesVIPDined on 10/6/2013The brunch at Mangrove's is outstanding! It's a secret that needs to be shared and they need to get more people to go. They have $5 mimosa's and bloody mary's. The menu options all sounded amazing. I had the chicken and bacon waffles with spicy syrup. The waffles had bacon baked right in and they were fluffy in the outside and crispy on the inside. The best and most original waffles I've ever had. I also wanted to try the french toast, which sounded amazing, so I'll get that next time.Special Features:
- I Do Not ReccommendFoodie2Dined on 6/21/2013Mangroves is a club that happens to serve food before 10pm. The ombiance is very 1970s crack house and the food is very over priced and not very good. The waiters were not concerned with serving but rather gossip and it took quite some time just to get a glass of water. When they found out we weren't buying a bottle of wine, they were much less friendly too.
- Everything was good exceptSunshineInTampaDined on 4/6/2013Everything was good except having had a reservation we were seated in the bar.Special Features:
- Mangroves was fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/19/2013Mangroves was fantastic! We started with a truffled beef tartar appetizer that was to die for. My bronzed grouper had just the right ammount of spice and the special of the day "monkfish" was outstanding. I am returning soon to try their new Sunday brunch.Special Features:
- As always, food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/16/2013As always, food and service was outstanding. This is one of my favorite restaurants in South Tampa. If you enjoy the night life, as well, the restaurant turns into a night venue with great drinks and music.Special Features:
- Loved it!! Food was Amazing!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/12/2013Loved it!! Food was Amazing!!! Service was Great!! Can't wait to come for Late Night Dancing and a Sunday Brunch the Server and Bartender told us about... I will absolutely recommend this place to ALL my friends!!Special Features:
- Will never return, ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/17/2012Will never return, ambience is very deteriorated, food was disappointing, and service very slacking.
- As always, the food here wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/6/2012As always, the food here was excellent. Interesting, and prepared perfectly. The service was top notch. Always a pleasure!Special Features:
- Mangroves has very good food,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/5/2012Mangroves has very good food, artfully presented, but a very limited menu. The decor is quite modern, done mainly in black and silver. We enjoyed our meals.
- Unexpected ExcellenceOccasionalDinerDined on 9/20/2012Mangroves is deceptive. From the exterior, it's unremarkable, but once you pass through the doors it is a very different (and positive) experience. Food is very good and layout and service are both quite nice. Other reviews list this as undiscovered and that seems to be very much accurate ... I'm just hoping enough others discover this gem soon so it stays around for a long time.Special Features:
- Exquisite Dinig ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2012Food was exceptional. Great presentation and exquisitely tasty with generous proportions for gourmet dining. I had the pesto grouper that was fantastic.Special Features:
- I have been to Mangroves nearlyLocalsVIPDined on 5/18/2012I have been to Mangroves nearly 10 times over the years and have never been disappointed. Ty was our waiter and was outstanding, the food was unique compared to the usual fare you find at other restaurants. If you want to try something different with an owner/chef inspired menu, go to Mangroves.
- It was awesome. There wereChucklynDined on 5/13/2012It was awesome. There were only three tables of people so it was very quiet. Food outstanding.Special Features:
- One of my favorite restaurants,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2012One of my favorite restaurants, always great food and great service!Special Features:
- I took a friend to MangrovesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/6/2012I took a friend to Mangroves for her birthday and I must admit we both were pleasantly surprised at the decor, ambiance and overall unique look of the restaurant. I highly recommend Mangroves for a romantic or special evening. The food was absolutely delicious...their customer service is world class.Special Features:
- We were there on a MondayDiner1435VIPDined on 3/5/2012We were there on a Monday evening - it was exceptionally quiet, but the service was great and the food was, too.Special Features:
- Great, Liked the re-decorating.JackVIPDined on 2/26/2012Great, Liked the re-decorating. I come ~1 time /year when in Tampa.Special Features:
- I was surprised that duringOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/25/2012I was surprised that during the week this is not a lounge but a real restaurant. It is lovely inside and the food is quite good. It is a little over priced though with an main course around $40.Special Features:
- I love everything on the menuOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/17/2012I love everything on the menu and always have a hard time picking what to eat.Special Features:
- Great food...held up for secondJoeBVIPDined on 1/13/2012Great food...held up for second visit. Music a little loud to speak over. Pricey but worth it.Special Features:
- The food was delicious startingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/30/2011The food was delicious starting with the dip for the warm bread right through the main meal and sides. Unfortunately we were full and could not try dessert. Service was great as well. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- There was a extremly noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/20/2011There was a extremly noisy chrismes party (with "hells bells") going on, without having a notice by the reservation. Not worth of having a quite eavening.
- Great food and fab setting.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/25/2011Great food and fab setting. The service was adequate at first but became bad after our main course was cleared. We waited nearly half an hour before finding a waiter ourselves to get the desert menu. Would go again though.Special Features:
- My wife and I enjoyed theEToddDined on 9/17/2011My wife and I enjoyed the evening...very impressive!Special Features:
- This was my first time havinglovetoeatDined on 7/30/2011This was my first time having dinner @ Mangroes. It was exceptional. My guests also felt the same. One was a 75 year old woman who wanted to know the name of the room we were seated so she could ask for it the next time we return :) Overall it was a very pleasant experience starting with cocktails in the bar to the amazing cheese cake to finish it all off. The mushroom soup was the best we ever had. Will definetly recommend and return. Thank you, LiviaSpecial Features:
- Will definitely eat here again!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/21/2011My girlfriend and I really liked this restaurant. The food was awesome. The service was a bit slow; however, there was a large private party occurring while we were dining.Special Features:
- Portions were large, my server,HappyHungerVIPDined on 7/21/2011Portions were large, my server, Melissa, was awesome and the steak cooked to perfectionSpecial Features:
- I really liked this restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/14/2011I really liked this restaurant. Me and my girlfriend went there for a romantic dinner. At first, we drove there and it was in a strange part of town, but as soon as you walked in, it was very nice. The lights were dim, them music was nice and the food amazing. If you are looking for a basic meal, this is not the place. The food outstanding! from the prime rib, the coconut crab cakes, and truffle mac and cheese!!Special Features:
- We were greeted promptly andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/18/2011We were greeted promptly and our waiter was at our table within minutes. He was very knowledgable about options and made recommendations. They took great care with my vegetarian meal and made sure everything was okay.Special Features:
- Went to an early dinner andFrequentDinerVIPDined on 4/10/2011Went to an early dinner and had to wait for table even though there were no customers. White wine was warm when it arrived at the table. Food was great and rest of service was satisfactory. This could be a great restaurant with some refinement.Special Features:
- Delicious and comfortable!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/2/2011Our dinner was at 7:30pm, and we figured that Mangroves must be a late night dinner spot, because the place was relatively empty. Although it was quiet, the food, as always was excellent and the wine and creative martini selections were nice. Our waiter was very attentive and helpful. We hadn't been to Mangroves for about a year, but it is back on our short list of south Tampa places to go to for a great dinner experience.Special Features:
- The restaurant was very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/5/2011The restaurant was very nice and the staff was very attentive. The food was nicely presented and tasted fantasatic. We went there to celebrate a birthday and really enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- Small table, a bit crowdedRosaDined on 2/14/2011Small table, a bit crowded for valentines but otherwise perfect! my new favorite place.Special Features:
- My husband & I celebratedlovespurpleDined on 2/14/2011My husband & I celebrated Valentines at Mangroves. We had a lovely time. Our servers were attentive, but didn't crowd us with constant presence. We both had steaks that were perfect. Overall, a perfect evening.Special Features:
- Perfect Valentines DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2011We love the relaxed and romantic atmosphere - dim, open and cozy – like a comfortable living room. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The Macaroni and Cheese was perfect and the short rib melted in our mouths. The Lobster Bisque was delicious, smooth the added squash made it stand out. The waitress was phenomenal attentive without interrupting the experience. The wines were affordable and the recommendations were delicious.Special Features:
- Overall ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/12/2011The evening started off very nice. Greeted at the door immediatley by a smiling Front House Manager who showed us right to our table. Chatted for a few and then left. Our server was good, but a little short when we would ask a question he would immediately leave without barely waiting for our answer or further commenting. Server waited along time to take our dinner order which made the wait between our appetizer and dinner very long. The Front of House Manager was very nice, stopped by to chat as well as the what we assumed may have been the Owner of the restaurant. Very professional and apologetic for the delay in receiving our food. Food was perfect when received. Would definitely visit again, but probably ask for another server.Special Features:
- Mangroves Plant Seeds Of Good TasteKevinDined on 2/12/2011I decided to try a pork tenderloin dish that was the special for that evening. I don't recall the name of it, but it was tasty. It had a nice crust on it from the japanese spice rub and was served with some wasabi mashed potatoes and a vegetable stir fry. The potatoes were just right -- a bit of wasabi taste to them but not in an overpowering sort of way. There was also some sort of reduction sauce that was absolutely perfect for the pork. I'm not sure what was in it, but it was really good. I also got the pan-seared Hudson Valley foie gras. It was served with french toast, toasted pine nuts and poached pears... and that was all on top of some fig glaze. It was very sweet and savory and I really enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Good food and good service.FrequentDinerVIPDined on 2/5/2011Good food and good service. Music was a bit loud. Table was unsteady and pitched to the side a couple of times during dinner detracting from the meal. Cappuccino arrived to the table tepid. Rest of the service was quite good. We plan to return and sit at a different table.Special Features:
- I was in Tampa on businessguitarbobsdDined on 1/31/2011I was in Tampa on business - Saw this recommended and had dinner. The seafood is well prepared and creative. the waiter was good but he seemed to push the more expensive items as his "personal likes". The one thing I wish was different is the music. They play tecno-rhythm music. The kind that goes forever on a beat pattern and gets on your nerves. I would go back the next time I am in Tampa however.Special Features:
- One of the best finds in Tampa.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/13/2011One of the best finds in Tampa. An awesome menu with incredible food.Special Features: