Mangowood Restaurant at the Lincoln Inn
2709 West Woodstock Rd
US Rte. 4 West
Woodstock, VT 05091Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Mangowood Restaurant at the Lincoln Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mangowood.com/
- Phone: 8024573312
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Teresa Tan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Weddings, Receptions, Corporate Events
- Private Party Contact: Amy Martsolf (802) 457-3312
A word from Mangowood Restaurant at the Lincoln Inn
Mangowood Restaurant is typically open to the public Tuesday-Saturday evenings from 6:00-9:00. Nights are limited during November and April. Please check for availability or visit our website for a complete schedule. We offer casual fine dining in our main dining room. Our secondary dining room is ideal for larger parties up to 15.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mangowood Restaurant at the Lincoln Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
- A great findJerseyjoeDined on 2/1/2014Mangowood was enthusiastically recommended by one of the staff at the Woodstock Inn, where my wife and I were staying. Our dinner at Mangowood was a wonderfully relaxed and memorable experience. Service was efficient yet not obtrusive. The dishes were obviously very much cooked to order. My fish and my wife's meat were perfectly done according to our expressed wishes. And all courses were simply creatively delicious and served with care personally by Chef Teresa. When we return to Woodstock, we will eagerly dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mangowood good surpriseSavorflavorDined on 12/31/2013We visited on New Years Eve with a Prefix menu, there were great selections and variety for our party of three. The first bite of every choice was as delicious as the last. I am not really a steak lover but that was my choice for the main entree, and it was the best tasting steak and perfectly prepared. I finished everything on my plate. I had the goat cheese quesadillas and they were so tasty and a bit if an Asian zing, I also finished every bite. My husband got the full snapper, not only was it delicious it was a sight to behold. We ate in the top four restaurants in the area and the Mangowood definitely had the best food...creative, varied and perfectly executed...I would give it my highest recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful flavors!JessidooDined on 12/14/2013What a charming restaurant set in a small town Woodstock, VT bed and breakfast. You get great service and wonderful asian fusion flavors. Butternut quinoa cakes, spinach fritters, sesame salmon, bbq pork, sticky toffee pudding and Iced Wine Martini - we thoroughly enjoyed our meal and would recommend it to anyone in the area. We felt lucky to be staying at the bed and breakfast (Lincoln Inn) so we got the chefs tasty cooking for breakfast everyday too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was decent BUTPaix22Dined on 11/22/2013Upon arrival we were not greeted in a timely fashion. Upon leaving we were not greeted or thanked. Our coats were not taken. Upon asking what we wanted for dessert we also were not asked if we might like coffee or tea...this is restaurant management 101..so no excuses. If it is not busy in November then close the restaurant for that month like many other BArnard-Woodstock restaurant owners do. The food was good . We will not return which is too bad as the food was decent .
- Almost exquisiteNYCdinerDined on 10/26/2013The food was simply delicious. The value for the good was wonderful. But the service and ambiance left just a little something to be desired. Never mind though, because once your good arrives, you won't care about the fact that they forgot to bring you more bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the acoustics in the roomresrvationsVIPDined on 10/26/2013the acoustics in the room when full of people all talking at the same time gets very loud. The windows are drafty if you are sitting in front of them. Perhaps remove the AC for the winter or close the shades at night.
- Hype no follow throughOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2013The restaurant had been hyped as great Asian fusion. It was over priced and under deliver. Food was OK, I make better at home. Would not recommend. At $100 per couple including tip and tax without wine it be excellent, it was fair at best. Recommend good pizza over this.Special Features:
- Delicious, creative foodFirsttimethereDined on 10/18/2013Just ate at Mangowood this weekend. I got the four course prix fixe menu, and my wife took the a la carte option (salad, entrée). We both liked the little amuse-bouche -- a spinach mushroom croquette. My appetizer (butternut parmesan quinoa cakes with spicy tomato jam) was delicious -- a nice crunchy texture and a very pleasant combination of flavors. My tiny cup of soup (with matching tiny spoon) was very tasty, as was my wife's salad. Both our entrées were great -- Chinese barbecue pork sirloin (hers) and oven roasted black sesame salmon (mine), cooked perfectly and seasoned nicely with good sides. We shared my dessert - a sticky toffee pudding that was perfect. The atmosphere is relaxed, not stuffy at all, and the food is the focus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the food however DiningMayaDined on 10/8/2013Enjoyed the food however Dining room felt cold and sterile. Service was slow. Server was new and inexperienced.
- a bit oddVeghead1Dined on 10/4/2013we are vegetarians and they did have soup and an entree that we could eat which was very nice. the soup was outstanding. the entree was fairly boring. the prix fix menu was a pain, we had a young child with us who could not eat all those courses and still we had to pay the prix fix price. actually none of us wanted 4 courses, so that would make me stay away in future.
- Applebutter GuestsbarbellDined on 10/3/2013The Group of 6 from the Applebutter Inn LOVED their dinner! Couldn't say enough about Teresa's cuisine. If they come back to Woodstock, they will return to Mangowood!Special Features:
- An expensive treatleafwatcherDined on 10/2/2013The Lincoln Inn is a typical B&B in a quaint, fairly comfortable old New England house. Right beside the highway several miles west of Woodstock, with access to the river and the old covered bridge. Mangowoods is its in-house restaurant serving evening meals only. Food is outstanding. Their fall menu is a four-course, fixed(sort of)-price offering; "sort of" because at least half the entrée items and several of the appetizers had surcharges, some as much as $12 above the "fixed" price of $37. That being said, the food was memorable and the service pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence at it's BestralphDined on 9/21/2013The food, service and ambiance was delectable, sumptous and down right and absolutely wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal!AnneandDrewDined on 9/13/2013We came back for the Chinese bbq pork but were thrilled with the new appetizer - duck and mango quesadillas. A large portion and quite delicious! Hope it stays on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot in Woodstock VTLumpyDined on 9/13/2013We went with the four course price fixed menu. Holy smokes what a treat, but also be prepared for a lot of food! Of note the quinoa stir fry and the Chinese BBQ pork were fantastic. We also stayed here. The combination of the two made for a great weekend, would recommend to allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You should get there early,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2013You should get there early, order a mangorita and sit out back by the river for a minute or two. Food is excellent.Special Features:
- Interesting Menu Wonderful FlavorsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2013We enjoyed our meal here. The food was really good and the flavors the chef used were unusual and excellent. It is a pretty restaurant and we had a sampling of many of the foods on the menu. The prix fixe is a good deal and all 8 of us chose the four course dinner.Special Features:
- Another great meal....AnneandDrewDined on 8/3/2013Tis time we tried the shrimp and salmon cakes for an appetizer and we were hooked! The special that evening was lamb chops and they were some of th e best we'd ever had.Special Features:
- Creative, delicious Asian cuisineAnneandDrewDined on 7/30/2013Quiet and quaint dining good for a date night. We love the salmon and the BBQ porkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a snapper. Outstanding,BowtieDined on 7/13/2013Had a snapper. Outstanding, beats all previous. From the appetizer to desert, my wife's and my Dishes were superb and what a value; for $38 Four course dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Asian Fusion in Central VermontMikeVIPDined on 7/6/2013We ate here while on vacation in beautiful Woodstock. After viewing the menu we decided to try this less than authentic Vermont meal. It was fabulous. Chef Tan is extremely creative and inventive from the Asian BBQ cheesburger spring rolls to the honey fig creme brulee. It was a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Charming surpriseCre8ovDined on 7/4/2013Right in the middle of VT is this really good restaurant that has California cuisine flair. The asparagus soup with Thai curry & coconut was fabulous as were the lamb chops and salmon. Worth going out of your way to find.Special Features:
- The reviews are over the top, but?FloridamangoDined on 6/21/2013My son and his family have read terrific reviews of Mangowood. We went there and, admittedly it was early in the evening, but there were a total of seven people there. The food was interesting - my husband had coconut, ginger and asparagus soup, which was spicy. He had the Chicken Schntizel which was also interesting. I had a good salad with fruit and nuts and a steak. It had a vacant feeling and there was no one to welcome us as we arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NorthshorersAnnabelleDined on 5/25/2013Fabulous presentation and delicious snap fish. Picture taking worthy with a taste to match. All our dishes were great. Loved the appetizers and tasting the Chet's new spinach ball creation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experience - 1st time hereOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/24/2013The service was excellent, and I liked the feel of the room. As is the case at many restaurants which are on the small and intimate side, the menu is limited; in this case, since there is an Asian influence to some of the preparations, and several of the selections are fried, I can see how some customers might feel that there were only one or two things which appealed to them; this was an issue for some of the people in my party. But the dishes we had were very good, and I would recommend Mangowood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celiac FriendlyKOB1Dined on 5/18/2013My wife and I had dinner here on a Saturday night of our weekend getaway. The staff was friendly and very laid back. My wife has celiac and found their menu to have several options. She had the tomato bisque and the salmon for an entree. I would definitely recommend this place as a casual intimate option for the Woodstock area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we were originally told noOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/2/2013we were originally told no reservations for 7-7:30, we came for our 6 reservation and were the only ones present, we noticed later that the restaurant was not even half full. The server was loud and unprofessional; almost everything on the prix fixe was an up charge.my lamb chope were sent back as they were cooked well done and were ordered medium rare. The desserts were dull and soggy.
- EXCELLENT ASIAN FUSION RESTAURANTOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/17/2013EXCELLENT ASIAN FUSION RESTAURANT IN THE MOST UNLIKELY PLACE - CENTRAL VERMONT. PRICE FIXED MENUE IS A VERY GOOD VALUE. ALL DISHES WERE UNIQUE IN THEIR OWN WAY.Special Features:
- Delicious food with an AsianOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/6/2013Delicious food with an Asian twist. Great music and even better service! Will definitely return next time we're visiting the Woodstock area!Special Features:
- I made reservations becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013I made reservations because of how others had reviewed it on Trip Adviser. I was underwhelmed. The "unique" interesting flavors that so many had wrote about was not present. I found the food bland, the portions small and the price high for what we had. I also had requested a candle in my husband's dessert because we were celebrating his birthday. I had expected them to light the candle, which they did not. I was disappointed.
- Words for the wise.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/19/2013Saturday, January 19, 2013 6:00 - 8:30 p.m. Party of two (guests at the inn for the holiday weekend) Prix fixe four course dinner at $38 is an extraordinary value. Quality of the food, its preparation and presentation met or exceeded our highest rating standards. Staff provided proper visual attention to service. Soft music background encouraged quiet conversations at the table. Ambiance of the old Vermont farmhouse building sang repeatedly "Over the river and through the woods-" Mr. and Mrs. John Lawrence Open Table VIP statusSpecial Features:
- The food was outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/4/2013The food was outstanding. We had lamb shoulder that was cooked perfectly and flavored beautifully. The carrot soup was rich in very interesting flavors. The sticky toffee pudding dessert was amazing. The servers were very friendly and helpful. This gem should not be missed if you are in the Woodstock, VT area.Special Features:
- Great food, drink, service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/27/2012Great food, drink, service. The gluten-free shrimp/salmon cakes were a treat! The steak was flavorful and so tender you could cut it w/ a fork! The flavors of the food were matched w/ perfection. Thank you chef Tan for a delicious dinner!Special Features:
- The food here is absolutelyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/20/2012The food here is absolutely incredible! My wife and I read glowing reviews of this place on Yelp and were at first dubious that a restaurant in the middle of Vermont could have great Asian fusion food. However, we decided on a whim to try it and were wonderfully surprised. We both opted for their prix fix menu and literally everything we tasted was outstanding. The dessert in particular was out of this world. Mangowood is a must visit for anyone in the mood for top notch Asian fusion at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- As local folk, we save MangowoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012As local folk, we save Mangowood for special occasions. The food is imaginative, well-prepared, beautifully presented without being ostentatious, and delicious.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/8/2012An exceptional meal with warm, friendly service. Will be back and have already recommended it to two people!!Special Features:
- We wanted to try somethingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/19/2012We wanted to try something different while visiting Woodstock and were very glad we made the short trek out of town. The service was excellent and the food was wonderful. You can tell the chef cares about the quality and blend of flavors throughout the Prix Fixe menu. Would highly recommend the duck/mango quesadilla, the calamari salad (light and flavorful), the soup (ours was a tomato/butternut squash/coconut) and the sirloin. I had the tandoori chicken which was lovely but unfortunately didn't come out very hot. And do not pass on the sticky toffee pudding in caramel sauce- it was sublime.Special Features:
- We were so pleased with ourOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/19/2012We were so pleased with our dining experience! The Prix Fixe menu is a gem. There are so many choices and each one of us absolutely loved our selections. The duck quesadilla is so flavorful and fresh. I have to say that the steak was one of the best I have ever eaten. Each dish was freshly prepared with quality ingredients and so artistically presented that we hated to eat it! The chef sent a complimentary appetizer of fried spinach balls that were delicious. Our server was friendly and attentive without being obtrusive. We thoroughly enjoyed the Mangowood Grill and heartily recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- This is a gem in a small innKC19Dined on 10/10/2012This is a gem in a small inn on the outskirts of Woodstock. The duck was done perfectly and everything else tasted fresh and delicious. You must try their sticky toffee pudding for dessert - it is to die for!Special Features:
- Somewhat disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/7/2012After reading all the great reviews I was somewhat disappointed. The food was good but not exceptional. The Inn itself is tired.