757a Flatbush Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11226Neighborhood:
CaribbeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mangoseedrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3475291080
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Closed
Tuesday - Thursday - 4pm - 12am
Friday - 4pm - 1am
Saturday - 2pm - 1am
Sunday - 11am - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean
- Executive Chef: Paul Burrowes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from MangoSeed Restaurant
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
MangoSeed Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (7)neighborhood gem (7)great for outdoor dining (6)great for lunch (5)fit for foodies (4)good for groups (4)romantic (3)hot spot (3)special occasion (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014The food was good. The oxtail with Parmesan cheese was a bit much. I was only able to eat a quarter of the portion prior to bring bored of the taste. All other food ordered was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunchlileb48Dined on 10/12/2014The food was excellent and the flavored Mamosas were awesome. Word of advice of advice for brunch get there early if you don't want to be rushed. They close at 4:30 to prepare for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I usually love anything w/ mangoesr1o4n5it8Dined on 8/24/2014But this is one mango I'd be willing to drop. The menu says one thing and the food does another, and not in a good way. :( The jerk chicken was not spicy. The buffalo bleu cheese was spicier than the jerk - there's a huge problem there!Special Features:
- MangoSeed needs a little upgrade2damesassyDined on 8/14/2014Food was OK. I barely got the vibe that this was a west indian restaurant. The ambiance was very generic ( not vibrant like a west indian restaurant is ) and the service was not all that great. My friend and I asked for standard water by flagging someone down twice, only to be presented with tepid water nearly 10 minutes later. I don't think I would return
- Black-Owned and LovelyNayMarieDined on 8/3/2014From the beginning the staff was very friendly and personable! The food came in a timely manner and was REALLY tasty. There weren't too many vegan/vegetarian items, but they catered my meal to my liking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GooddineawayDined on 8/3/2014Been here a few times and both the drinks and food are good. I have tried the fish tacos, jerk wings, coconut fried chicken and waffle, and jerk salmon and waffle. During brunch on Sundays they offer $20 carafes of mimosa. We ordered two carafes but they were both served at room temperature. They should be served cold, we had to ask for ice which waters it downSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerbrooklynbajanDined on 7/25/2014The oxtail I give 100 stars..the wings were too ooooo oo hot need an additional milder version..service was excellent from start to finish..need a dessert menu!! I love the experience will be back soon..oh and the fish taco I give a hundred stars too..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchfreeloadazDined on 7/16/2014This is definitely an awesome place amazing food Highly recommend the mac and ChineseSpecial Features:
- The following 41 reviews are from the MangoSeed Restaurant reviews archive.
- Absolutely delishCatzDined on 6/22/2014Went to brunch this weekend with my dad and daughter. Food was delish. I ordered the waffles and jerk chicken with sorrell. My dad ordered the omlette with plaintains. My daughter had the trio Mac. Everything was served quick and was delicious! This is my 3rd time visiting and brunch is always fabulous. I went once for dinner and they were out of a lot of items so not the best. Highly recommended for brunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but...chyna2855Dined on 6/21/2014Needs a bigger menu. Not many options to choose from. On a good not the red fish tacos r great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So accommodatingUnbiasedQuesaDined on 6/15/2014My party of 8 played musical chairs but the hostess was so accommodating to sit us all together even though we didn't arrive at the same time. The food is always great. It gets busy quite often so the servers help each table even if it's not theirs.Special Features:
- The secret small stopAvseptDined on 5/23/2014You must go during the night when they have D.J. Not too loud to hear yourself to your friend. If u choose what u wanted then the order comes quick. They are always checking to see if u are good. Everything Irie Man!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mother's dayFoodieDined on 5/11/2014I decided to take my mother-in-law to mango seed for mother's day because I read great reviews and my coworkers swore by their food and strong drinks. Our reservations was at 5:30pm but when we got there, we were informed that brunch was real hectic that they are still preparing the kitchen for dinner. I was even told that they sent me a text which I didn't see because I was driving to the restaurant. Nonetheless we were told that they would begin seating people at 6pm. My mother-in-law was able to sit at a table due to her bad leg which was nice of them. Appetizers: jerk wings, mac n' cheese and their house salad. Dinner: jerk salmon and coconut chicken. Food and drinks were awesome however I would have liked the jerk hotter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's dayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014I live in the neighborhood and mangoseed has been my sunday ritual when I'm not working to spend time with my 2 year old daughter. .. the staff are amazing and very nice , tho the kitchen takes a little time with the food but I suspect that with a small restaurant comes a small kitchen???.... understandable.... recommend this this place to any and everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brooklyn GemluvfoodDined on 5/11/2014I've been here three times for brunch and the food was good every single time. Very small space but I think that's what makes this place intimate. Sat in the outdoor area for Mother's day, the only negative I would say was that the back area was very hot as it was a sunny day and they only had one door open. There was a slight breeze, but me and my kids were sweating and very hot. It looked like they had two small air units but they weren't running. Also need more than one bathroom, at least two. Planning to try their dinner next.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Caribbean and Soul FoodMarlsDined on 5/11/2014Good caribbean and soul food at Mangoseed Rest., friendly and attentive staff. Wait time for food a little long, but worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jerk Fish TacosMsEater2014Dined on 5/10/2014The jerk fish tacos are amazing, the sauce and the red tortilla is like no other!Special Features:
- Brooklyn OutingEmpress1Dined on 5/9/2014Hi, A client of mine who moved back to Brooklyn recommended Mangoseed for my girlfriends n I. we absolutely loved it.Good service , excellent food and most important early eve arrival was an opportunity for Happy Hour ;))Special Features:
- Nice spotSugababyDined on 4/24/2014Menu not too extensive, but delicious . Great for happy hourSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/15/2014This was my second time at MangoSeed and it was awesome as usual. I took out my mom for her Birthday and she loved the food, the staff and had an overall great great time!Special Features:
- Good food but lacking in serviceaspiringfoodieDined on 4/5/2014Our group of 5 had a reservation for a Saturday night at 10:30. We arrived at 10:31 and they told us to wait 5 minutes for our table. We waited over 30 minutes to get our table (which we had a reservation for!!) and there was not enough space inside to stand so we had to wait outside. This is was very annoying but the food, drink, and music saved the night. Mango seed is a West Indian gem. The food was very good. Those jerk wings were amazing!! the mac and cheese on point. Fish tacos were good also. The burger . . . wow!!! The drinks were also very good. The place is very small and i understand that but they really do need to work on honoring the reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkJuicyJDined on 4/5/2014Oxtail was three big pieces full of fat. Small tight spaces our food almost got knocked over everytime the ppl next to us got upSpecial Features:
- Excellent Customer Service!CheriDined on 4/5/2014Many shout outs to "La La" for helping to host my best friends bachelorette party dinner on Saturday evening, 4/5/14! Even though I was told the probability of Mango Seed being able to host such a large party would probably not happen, she definitely made it happen!! So, many thanks for coming through! Also, the staff was very friendly! Attentive! and assisted a everyone in my group with no problem! I truly do appreciate you all for making it happen for us! Respect! ~CheriSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible Dining Experiencemandie2014Dined on 3/8/2014I made a 10 O'clock reservation for a party of six. At 10:30 I asked the waitress what was the hold-up, she informed me that the party sitting at our table just asked for the check; it will be ready in 10 minutes. At 10:45pm, I noticed additional people had arrived. I went over to the waitress and asked her what's the point of making a reservation if I still have to wait. She explained to me that their reservation is more a "flexible reservation". A flexible reservation "I asked." She said yes, we try to accommodate you for the time you reserve, but it' s not guarantee. Let me just say, this place is extremely small. The hostess table is almost out the front door. Plus, it's more grab and go place, then a restaurant. Will NEVER GO BACK!!!
- Held my birthday brunch hereCatzDined on 2/23/2014Held my birthday brunch here on 2/23/14. Was excited but weary because I'd never eaten at the restaurant. Called to push reservations for party of 8 because friends were running late. Restaurant was very accommodating. The food was delicious and great portions! price was great as well! The only negative is the waitress allowed us to order appetizers off the menu and then 20 minutes later returned to tell us that we could not order appetizers during brunch. Also the food took a long time to come out (30 - 40 minutes). Lastly, this restaurant does nothing for birthdays so dont expect anything extra. Overall the food was great, sat in the back in an indoor/outdoor space which was nice, and staff was friendly. Made reservations for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Worth tryingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014While the prices are a bit much for the neighborhood, the food and staff compensate for it. The food was delelicious and truly a delight to savor. The staff was friendly and accommodating! I will return to this restaurant and encourage others to trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy!melbspeaksDined on 2/16/2014Had a great experience at the space. Great food, great service. They had a Valentine's Day special and it was great and affordable.Special Features:
- Really nice Caribbean foodTomNYCVIPDined on 2/15/2014If you crave jerk chicken and plantains, then this is the place for you. Yummy food, served in a very friendly and fast way. We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- had a great v-day!luv2eatDined on 2/14/2014I always enjoy coming here. The food is always great. Best jerk fish taco ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's okNikaylaSDined on 2/14/2014Cute little restaurant. Went on valentines day and it was super crowded (obviously) but there were only 2 waiters so we had to wait forever for everything. Food was good. Drinks were not. Kind of pricey for the serving size. Would not make it a regular spot but I would go back to try other things on the menu and give it another chance when it it isn't so crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Night out at Mango SeedHello1KittyDined on 2/14/2014The ambiance was nice and I felt well relaxed as thought I was at home. The service was outstanding. My guest and I had the oxtail short ribs, mash potatoes with crunchy asparagus. It was a well balance meal and tasted delicious. This restaurant is one of my favorite spots. I definitely will return and also recommend it to my other friendsSpecial Features:
- Great flavor and reasonable priceeat4dayzDined on 2/14/2014The food was perfectly flavored, the mac and cheese was absolutely perfect. The only downside I can say is the portion size can be a little small. I ordered jerk salmon and was a little underwhelmed with the amount of food on my plate, nevertheless was still tasty and juicy. Def would return and recommend. Decent happy hour as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual- awesome foodLadySavvyDined on 1/19/2014My girlfriend and I met her for a New Year's toast. It was her first time here and she loved it. The bill was a little pricey I think, but overall, always a lovely experience. The appetizers are so awesome.Special Features:
- wonderful food, great vibesgam295Dined on 1/19/2014i've ate here twice now and have never been dissapointed. wonderful place to eat brunch! really lovely music and waitresses. the food is really delicious and authentic.Special Features:
- I <3 JAFoodie324VIPDined on 1/12/2014Food was delish & service was great. Came here for brunch and will definitely be returning for brunch/lunch/dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!PauzeVIPDined on 1/3/2014Mangoseed is one of my go to restaurants in Brooklyn. The food is expertly prepared with seasonal changes to the menu that are always AMAZING! The servers are very welcoming and attentive. Their happy hour is great with lots of choices. It's the first place I suggest when I get asked to make a restaurant recommendation. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service!! My entireLilcherry2Dined on 12/27/2013Excellent service!! My entire party wasn't there yet, but we were still seated and offered drinks and appetizers while we waited. Great ambiance and great music. The in house DJ did his thing!! Will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experiencetaz351Dined on 12/21/2013My first time experience wan't the best i was there to celebrate my birthday at first everything was fine then we ordered drinks it took forever i even thought they forgot about us one of my party member who was late ordered drinks after us but got her drink before us. Then we ordered appetizers and wanted to try thr Flatbush wings but was told they were out of it then later we say to tables getting Flatbush wings after we were told they were out. I don't know if my friends and i will be eating at Mango Seed again. My overall experience was not the best especially for celebrating my special day.Special Features:
- Birthday BrunchKerriDined on 11/24/2013I had my birthday brunch with a small group of 4 of us, at Mango Seed. The food was delicious and the Mimosas were amazing! Love the Sorrel :) Overall a gem of a spot in the Brooklyn area. Will be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebratory diningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/21/2013The service was excellent. Our servers were friendly and had great personality. The ambience was very nice. It was the perfect scene for an intimate celebration dinner. I will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.