1601 17th street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.denveritalianrestaurants.net/
- Phone: 3032971229
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 7:00AM - 9:00PM
Saturday: 9:00AM - 9:00PM
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Mangiamo Pronto
Mangiamo Pronto opened in the Fall of 2009 and is the big sister of the original Santa Fe store. Located in the heart of LoDo, just 1 block off the 16th Street Mall, 1 block from Union Station, and 3 blocks from Coors Field, makes us an ideal destination for in- and out-of-towners. Enjoy breakfast and lunch Italian style throughout the day along with espresso drinks and gelato. At night, Mangiamo Pronto transitions to a full-service dining experience which includes antipasti, bruschette, small plates and house made pasta. Dining al fresco is available on our sidewalk patio. We also have a full service bar focusing on Italian wines and liquors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mangiamo Pronto reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (7)great for outdoor dining (6)romantic (6)neighborhood gem (6)good for groups (4)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)special occasion (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- fun spotOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/21/2014Mangiamo Pronto has evolved into a great little spot. Used to be a morning coffee place, late night nosh--but the menu and increased outdoor area has made this a wonderful place worth seeking out. The busy street is fun to watch and it's quieter outside--even at rush hour--than inside. Not crazy crowded (yet) and our waiter was very friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs up for Mangiamo ProntoOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/21/2014Mangiamo Pronto was a great experience for our pre-theater group of 14 diners. We don't see each other as a group very often and were pleasantly surprised to be able to converse, dine on fresh well prepared Italian food and get to the theater on time. The waiter and staff were very attentive and accommodating to our requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Caprese Salad & PastaAnLDesVIPDined on 8/15/2014I don't think I've ever had a better Caprese salad... their FRESH pesto is beyond amazing and their hand cut pasta is super yummy!Special Features:
- Unprofessional Wait StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/26/2014Had a reservation for dinner on a weekend night prior to touring Union Station. When we arrived, our table wasn't ready so they pulled two tables together for us. Place settings were plopped down in front of us with paper napkins (not so nice for dinner). As far as the food goes, it was decent. Loved the homemade pasta! The service, on the other hand, was lacking. Our waiter was not professional and lacked common wait staff courtesy. Felt like maybe the restaurant caters to a weekday lunch crowd and not dinner so much.
- Not for Dinnergud2goDined on 7/25/2014The food is good, though not outstanding. The atmosphere is that of a lunch deli, not a great spot for a relaxing dinner. Only one server for the entire room. Overall, we were disappointed.Special Features:
- Amazing foodJaromirBloggerDined on 7/25/2014This is some of the best Italian food I've had in Denver. Their Cotto pizza really does live up to all the hype and is worthy of the press it's received. The staff was friendly and the atmosphere is very relaxed; nothing pretentious or stuffy about it. Very highly recommended.Special Features:
- Very Good FooddeboVIPDined on 6/21/2014Don't be in a hurry as the food is cooked to order. Worth the wait.Special Features:
- EnjoyableMealHungryPlaygoerDined on 5/17/2014This restaurant is conveniently located in Lodo, just a couple of blocks from Union station. The menu offers a good variety of choices, well prepared and with a flair...example: eggplant parmesan...but made with goat cheese. Service was very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and locationNancyVIPDined on 5/5/2014We had a wonderful bithday ceebration. The food was great. We especially loved the Caprese salad and the Pollo pasta. This has become my favorite Italian restaurant.Special Features:
- The following 55 reviews are from the Mangiamo Pronto reviews archive.
- A Good FindNoOneVIPDined on 4/26/2014This restaurant was solid. They did not do anything either execellently or poorly. I was the only diner, but I had to call for service a couple times. My pizza was good, but I have had much better. It was decently priced. The ambience was a little bland. In the middle of the NHL and NBA playoffs, I walked in on Jeopardy. Overall, a good place with some solid food and service.
- Mangiamo Pronto is becomingTheaterLoverVIPDined on 3/27/2014Mangiamo Pronto is becoming one of our go to spots when we eat before hockey games. Great food, really friendly people what more could you ask for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingAdamDined on 3/15/2014We were looking for a good Italian joint close to the Pepsi Center and it was 1000 OT points so we'd thought we'd try it. It's 1000 points for a reason. We came in and said we had a reservation and clearly we were the only ones because they didn't take our name. The service was just okay. Even though the place was less than half full, our food took about 15 minutes longer than I'd expect. The Caesar salad was decent, but they didn't have any anchovies (sad for an Italian restaurant). The appetizer of fried calamari came after my salad and was serviceable but nothing to write home about. We both had the spaghetti carbonara which came with regular bacon and pancetta that wasn't crisped very well. Just an okay overall - wouldn't go back.
- Quiet dinnerFoodieCoupleDined on 3/10/2014I met a friend at Mangiamo Pronto for a nice dinner. It was very quiet and we had a great time chatting. The food was delicious and the service was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very AccommodatingDLEGDined on 3/8/2014There wasn't much of a need for a reservation on this particular Friday night. I was a bit concerned at first as the restaurant was mostly empty when we arrived at 6pm [on a Friday night]. The staff was really friendly and we felt very comfortable. We asked for a few minor changes to their menu and they delivered in fine fashion. The food was very, very good and I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. Moderately priced with a respectable wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mangiamo is suitable for anBillVIPDined on 3/4/2014Mangiamo is suitable for an average quality dinner at a reasonable price; nothing special about this restaurant.
- Very cool little place. IOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/1/2014Very cool little place. I can see how it would have more of a Deli atmosphere during the day but they do a good job of creating a more formal dining experience for dinner. Good food, good service. Wait time was a little long but we got in right behind a big party so it was understandable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before the TheaterLoneTreeCoopDined on 1/31/2014My family and I really enjoyed eating here before Mamma Mia! The Paella Italiano was fantastic. The vibe was jovial and positive as the after work crowd lent a great sound bed to this downtown corner joint. Would recommend for a great meal before a ball game or show!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodADinerDined on 1/25/2014One ordinarily does not find excellent food and reasonable prices at the same restaurant but at Mangiamo we were pleasantly surprised. We tried the the fetticcini alfredo and pulled pork sandwich and both were delicious. Wait staff was wonderful. We will visit again and highly recommend Mangiamo.Special Features:
- Cute little place23rdStudiosVIPDined on 1/24/2014When we walked in there was no one to great us and really just seat yourself even though Made a reservation. The happy hour cheese and meats are awesome and the food was pretty damn good. We split a pizza and the honey glazed salmon which was smoked also. Worth a try for sure. Though the Restaurant itself could use a little help with greeting people and also making the place feel like a place you go for coffee and pastries.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal.FrequentDynerVIPDined on 1/24/2014This deli-restaurant does it right with fresh ingredients prepared to please. We have dined here twice and tired new items to explore the menu. Home-made pasta was a treat - wonderful presentations, all delicious so far. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingCaseyDined on 1/18/2014Mangiamo Pronto received good reviews from most prior patrons, but I'm not sure why. They did have a great happy hour price on a very nice red wine, and the server was very pleasant and helpful, but the food was uniformly mediocre. We all ordered "house-made" pasta, but it tasted like what you would find in a grocer's freezer. Two of us ordered "goat cheese" ravioli, but they tasted like they were filled with bland, unseasoned ricotta.. The tomato sauce was similarly bland and under-seasoned, with no discernible herbs, garlic, or tomato pulp. The pesto, in a small decorative spot in the middle, was the high point of the dish. The other pasta dish, which had a bolognese sauce, was similarly underwhelming. A disappointing dinner.
- this is the second time we'veTheaterLoverVIPDined on 1/16/2014this is the second time we've eaten at Mangiamo Pronto and once again the food is wonderful. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuprisingLaceyVIPDined on 1/3/2014When we arrived the place was empty and that always makes one question an eatery. We were wowed the special as well as the salmon and risotto were great with huge portions we couldn't even finish. We would come back and may try happy hour.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best kept secret in DenverBruceDined on 12/21/2013A great little restaurant near Coors Field and Union Station. The food was incredible, and the service was wonderful. This is truly a gem in the heart of LoDo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I absolutely love findingTheaterLoverVIPDined on 11/16/2013I absolutely love finding new places on Open Table and this one will become one of our favorites. From the first welcome to the meal this was a great experience. Can't wait for another excuse to be in LoDo for the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some of the best Italian.Denver3VIPDined on 11/9/2013Some of the best Italian. Small menu but what they have is great.Special Features:
- Atmosphere a bit oversoldSterlingArcherVIPDined on 11/8/2013The food was good, although I did take a chance on a dish and found myself disappointed (my fault). Everyone in the party had a pasta dish and all the pasta was great. Services was friendly and attentive. The biggest issue for me was it didn't feel like a nice dinner out (but the bill was pretty close) - the ambience was more casual, like a converted deli, probably a hybrid in this case since they do sell cheese and curred meats by the pound. Perhaps I looked past too much on the Open Table Photos. The gellato was fantastic - so I'd consider this a great lunch or dessert stop. It would be good for dinner too if your looking for a casual atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superb valueUWEFDined on 10/25/2013We had dinner at Mangiamo Pronto on a Friday evening, and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The food was good, the ambience is pleasant, the service was good. Best of all, the whole thing cost less than $30 per head. We did arrive during happy hour, which is worth making an effort to do: for $6.50 one gets a good-sized glass of wine and a plate with 3 bruschetta; both were very good. The main course was also quite tasty, and very reasonably priced. All in all, a great experience. We will certainly return!Special Features:
- Great food!Denver3VIPDined on 10/19/2013We keep coming back. Hard to decide our favorites. Had the Pollo with pasta. Fantastic. Great place to go before a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem in LoDoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2013Freshly prepared Italian cuisine, assorted selection of cheese and salumiSpecial Features:
- The restaurant was less thanTBearVIPDined on 9/28/2013The restaurant was less than half full, but the kitchen was still very slow. The stuffed figs were dry and the entrees were smothered in sauce and cheese. The server seemed inexperienced, but was very attentive. The only ambiance was a Vespa parking in the dining room. Otherwise sterile. Also, it took them days to notify Open Table that we were there.
- A really pleasant experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/29/2013First time in the restaurant which is located in a great part of Denver. Bright and clean with a utilitarian décor that was comfortable. Service was good, pleasant and personable (only misstep was a request for bread went unfulfilled). A great "featured list" of drink specialties started us off with a "Bulleit and Ginger" and a glass of wine. Fig and Prosciutto Appetizer was excellent in quality and preparation. Main course selections were Egg Plant Parmesan and a white wine sauce, chicken, mushroom . . . both were nicely prepared and ample. We were there for a birthday . . . and the complimentary gelato (an intriguing selection - coconut, tiramisu, salted carmel, oreo cookie etc) was a great finish. At $57 before tip - a real value.Special Features:
- Mangiamo Pronto has some ofdalsvaVIPDined on 8/23/2013Mangiamo Pronto has some of THE BEST if not the best, pasta dishes in Denver. My wife and I love Italian food and Mangiamo Pronto fills our need every time. It's a great place to eat fabulous Italian food in Denver!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden dinner gemLive2eatDined on 8/16/2013Eight of us ate here @ 5:30 on a Friday before a show at the Pepsi Center. I believe this place is more geared to the lunch crowd, but it was wonderful for dinner. The pesto bruschetta app was a little small, but the calamari was plentiful. We ordered our appetizers and dinner meals at the same time, Dinner took a little longer to get out than I would have liked, but the food was good. The Milanese chicken was fantastic. Panini had a lot of meat, which my friend wasn't totally fond of. The eggplant Parmesan was all cheese with a very thin film of eggplant around it. That was a disappointment if you like eggplant, but a highlight for my husband who loves cheese. Final words: Stay For The Gelato! The cookies and cream gelato is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first visit was so good,ALHJVIPDined on 8/13/2013Our first visit was so good, and we were hoping for the same. This visit, our second, we were not as satisfied. I did not like my entrée as much as the first time. I also felt the service was a bit too slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Homeade pasta!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/29/2013Great food in a non-typical restaurant atmosphere. You must give it a try -- the food is some of the best Italian in Denver!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationTangoWhiskey67Dined on 6/11/2013We drove from the mountians enroute to our home in Colorado Springs, and decided to try Mangiano Pronto because of the reviews I found on line. This was our first visit and we were very very pleased. We were greeted by the firiendly proprietor and although they were not serving on the patio, I asked if it would be possible to eat outside. "Of course she replied" we would be happy to set up a table for you. The waitress was helpful in suggesting and very receptive to our request to split meals in our group of four. The house speicail of a flatiron steak was the best and the egg plant italian dish wss worth the 100 mile drive. The dinner concluded with a complimentary piece of tiramasu. Mangiano's is a place I will mark for a future drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We recently had dinner andOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/8/2013We recently had dinner and really enjoyed the food at this restaurant. The service was very good. It was a little noisy, but overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delightful surpriseDrrucksVIPDined on 5/25/2013We thought the food was very good , plentiful, and very reasonably priced. They split our salad and entree at no extra cost!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Quiet TableOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/17/2013I have often been here for a casual lunch so decided to try it for dinner. We were not disappointed. The food and the table service were tops. Great food and a nice atmosphere!Special Features: