1601 17th street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.denveritalianrestaurants.net/
- Phone: 3032971229
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 7:00AM - 9:00PM
Saturday: 9:00AM - 9:00PM
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Mangiamo Pronto
Mangiamo Pronto opened in the Fall of 2009 and is the big sister of the original Santa Fe store. Located in the heart of LoDo, just 1 block off the 16th Street Mall, 1 block from Union Station, and 3 blocks from Coors Field, makes us an ideal destination for in- and out-of-towners. Enjoy breakfast and lunch Italian style throughout the day along with espresso drinks and gelato. At night, Mangiamo Pronto transitions to a full-service dining experience which includes antipasti, bruschette, small plates and house made pasta. Dining al fresco is available on our sidewalk patio. We also have a full service bar focusing on Italian wines and liquors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mangiamo Pronto reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (11)neighborhood gem (7)great for outdoor dining (6)romantic (5)great for lunch (5)good for groups (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Has Potential!foodies4sureVIPDined on 10/11/2014This restaurant felt like a deli. Of course the table had cloths, and the service was at table. The food was above average by all measure, but more goes into an evening out that just food -- there needs to be ambience and that something extra. Seems there needs to be some magic wand waved here between lunch/deli and dinner/table service before this feels like a real evening restaurant. We were disappointed. The food had potential but the restaurant was mostly empty and the waiter stood watch from the kitchen entry watching us -- just felt like we were insignificant not like we were part of a thriving restaurant. Like I said this restaurant has potential. It just needs to figure out what it wants to be.Special Features:
- Best non-Italian ItalianAnLDesVIPDined on 10/3/2014Glass of Syrah, Caprese Salad with extra pesto and an Affogato... perfectly fabulous meal! Homemade pasta is amazing! It's great to come back to a restaurant that we havent' been to in 2 months and they still remember us. BTW... best Caprese Salad I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mangiamo Pronto Magnifico!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014This was my wife and my second visit to Mangiamo Pronto, and we were not disappointed again! In an area of LoDo that seems to be over saturated with restaurants, Mangiamo Pronto is a quaint little gem! Wonderful food, with larger than average portions, at very reasonable prices compared to some of their neighbors. Whoever hires the wait staff must be complemented. Even when busy, we were treated like we were the only patrons in the entire establishment! I believe we've found a new favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food in a quiet placegot2eatDined on 9/20/2014Really enjoyed my pays with clam sauce and my friends enjoyed their pasta seafood dishes. Mostly I valued the quiet that allowed us to have a fabulous conversation over dinner. Wine selection was primarily Italian so had to do some reasons since I am mostly a California girl, but was happy with a chianti in the end. The tira misu was yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JSMayDined on 9/19/2014Have visited Mangiamo several times and have always had a great experience. Salads and main courses are creative and excellent. Great value for cost.Special Features:
- Good food - service okHowardDined on 9/13/2014We went in for dinner before a show on a Sat. night at 6:00. When we entered there was no employee visible. We took a seat in a booth and about 5 minutes later, just as we were discussing leaving, a server came out. No explanation of where he had been. it turned out he was the only front end person working on a Sat. night. The food however was excellent. Large portions and reasonable price. We will try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mehcarolinablue04Dined on 9/12/2014This restaurant was OK. The bill ended up being pretty expensive, and none of the food was standout. I had goat cheese pasta and shared some appetizers and a caprese salad with my coworkers. The pasta was fine, but not great - the tomato sauce on top wasn't flavored very much, so the dish ended up being fairly plain. The caprese salad was a bit better, but the mozzarella wasn't super high quality. The addition of pine nuts with the pesto added a nice crunch though. The tomatoes are poached. The biggest complaint I have is that they really don't describe the dishes on the menu at all so everything came out a bit fancier than expected and with ingredients that weren't mentioned on the menu at all.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/28/2014Who knew that this little corner restaurant was so awesome! Sooo glad we tried it! We were craving Italian food and, imo, picked the best place east of I25. Our cheese plate was full of generous portions (at happy hour, no less!) and our main dishes rocked! Goat cheese ravioli with pesto - yes, super yum. My partner had an Italian-style paella, which he just loved - said it was tasty and nice to have a choice that was unique. Recommended to all meat lovers. We did order the tiramisu and I have to say that it was perfect! It's not my favorite dessert ever, but that's probably because I've never had a great one. All the textures and flavors were spot on!Special Features:
- fun spotsjblivDined on 8/21/2014Mangiamo Pronto has evolved into a great little spot. Used to be a morning coffee place, late night nosh--but the menu and increased outdoor area has made this a wonderful place worth seeking out. The busy street is fun to watch and it's quieter outside--even at rush hour--than inside. Not crazy crowded (yet) and our waiter was very friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs up for Mangiamo ProntoOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/21/2014Mangiamo Pronto was a great experience for our pre-theater group of 14 diners. We don't see each other as a group very often and were pleasantly surprised to be able to converse, dine on fresh well prepared Italian food and get to the theater on time. The waiter and staff were very attentive and accommodating to our requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Caprese Salad & PastaAnLDesVIPDined on 8/15/2014I don't think I've ever had a better Caprese salad... their FRESH pesto is beyond amazing and their hand cut pasta is super yummy!Special Features:
- Unprofessional Wait StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/26/2014Had a reservation for dinner on a weekend night prior to touring Union Station. When we arrived, our table wasn't ready so they pulled two tables together for us. Place settings were plopped down in front of us with paper napkins (not so nice for dinner). As far as the food goes, it was decent. Loved the homemade pasta! The service, on the other hand, was lacking. Our waiter was not professional and lacked common wait staff courtesy. Felt like maybe the restaurant caters to a weekday lunch crowd and not dinner so much.
- Not for Dinnergud2goDined on 7/25/2014The food is good, though not outstanding. The atmosphere is that of a lunch deli, not a great spot for a relaxing dinner. Only one server for the entire room. Overall, we were disappointed.Special Features:
- Amazing foodJaromirBloggerDined on 7/25/2014This is some of the best Italian food I've had in Denver. Their Cotto pizza really does live up to all the hype and is worthy of the press it's received. The staff was friendly and the atmosphere is very relaxed; nothing pretentious or stuffy about it. Very highly recommended.Special Features:
- The following 59 reviews are from the Mangiamo Pronto reviews archive.
- Very Good FooddeboVIPDined on 6/21/2014Don't be in a hurry as the food is cooked to order. Worth the wait.Special Features:
- Its name does not mean Eat FastFrequentDynerVIPDined on 5/23/2014We have had several meals here when downtown. Easy to get to using the Mall Shuttle. Simple dining environment - shares space with an Italian deli. But the quality of food is what distinguishes this eatery. Affordable and delicious. That is why we keep coming back.Special Features:
- EnjoyableMealHungryPlaygoerVIPDined on 5/17/2014This restaurant is conveniently located in Lodo, just a couple of blocks from Union station. The menu offers a good variety of choices, well prepared and with a flair...example: eggplant parmesan...but made with goat cheese. Service was very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and locationNancyVIPDined on 5/5/2014We had a wonderful bithday ceebration. The food was great. We especially loved the Caprese salad and the Pollo pasta. This has become my favorite Italian restaurant.Special Features:
- A Good FindNoOneVIPDined on 4/26/2014This restaurant was solid. They did not do anything either execellently or poorly. I was the only diner, but I had to call for service a couple times. My pizza was good, but I have had much better. It was decently priced. The ambience was a little bland. In the middle of the NHL and NBA playoffs, I walked in on Jeopardy. Overall, a good place with some solid food and service.
- Mangiamo Pronto is becomingTheaterLoverVIPDined on 3/27/2014Mangiamo Pronto is becoming one of our go to spots when we eat before hockey games. Great food, really friendly people what more could you ask for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingAdamDined on 3/15/2014We were looking for a good Italian joint close to the Pepsi Center and it was 1000 OT points so we'd thought we'd try it. It's 1000 points for a reason. We came in and said we had a reservation and clearly we were the only ones because they didn't take our name. The service was just okay. Even though the place was less than half full, our food took about 15 minutes longer than I'd expect. The Caesar salad was decent, but they didn't have any anchovies (sad for an Italian restaurant). The appetizer of fried calamari came after my salad and was serviceable but nothing to write home about. We both had the spaghetti carbonara which came with regular bacon and pancetta that wasn't crisped very well. Just an okay overall - wouldn't go back.
- Quiet dinnerFoodieCoupleDined on 3/10/2014I met a friend at Mangiamo Pronto for a nice dinner. It was very quiet and we had a great time chatting. The food was delicious and the service was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very AccommodatingDLEGDined on 3/8/2014There wasn't much of a need for a reservation on this particular Friday night. I was a bit concerned at first as the restaurant was mostly empty when we arrived at 6pm [on a Friday night]. The staff was really friendly and we felt very comfortable. We asked for a few minor changes to their menu and they delivered in fine fashion. The food was very, very good and I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. Moderately priced with a respectable wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mangiamo is suitable for anBillVIPDined on 3/4/2014Mangiamo is suitable for an average quality dinner at a reasonable price; nothing special about this restaurant.
- Very cool little place. IOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/1/2014Very cool little place. I can see how it would have more of a Deli atmosphere during the day but they do a good job of creating a more formal dining experience for dinner. Good food, good service. Wait time was a little long but we got in right behind a big party so it was understandable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before the TheaterLoneTreeCoopDined on 1/31/2014My family and I really enjoyed eating here before Mamma Mia! The Paella Italiano was fantastic. The vibe was jovial and positive as the after work crowd lent a great sound bed to this downtown corner joint. Would recommend for a great meal before a ball game or show!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodADinerDined on 1/25/2014One ordinarily does not find excellent food and reasonable prices at the same restaurant but at Mangiamo we were pleasantly surprised. We tried the the fetticcini alfredo and pulled pork sandwich and both were delicious. Wait staff was wonderful. We will visit again and highly recommend Mangiamo.Special Features:
- Cute little place23rdStudiosVIPDined on 1/24/2014When we walked in there was no one to great us and really just seat yourself even though Made a reservation. The happy hour cheese and meats are awesome and the food was pretty damn good. We split a pizza and the honey glazed salmon which was smoked also. Worth a try for sure. Though the Restaurant itself could use a little help with greeting people and also making the place feel like a place you go for coffee and pastries.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal.FrequentDynerVIPDined on 1/24/2014This deli-restaurant does it right with fresh ingredients prepared to please. We have dined here twice and tired new items to explore the menu. Home-made pasta was a treat - wonderful presentations, all delicious so far. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingCaseyDined on 1/18/2014Mangiamo Pronto received good reviews from most prior patrons, but I'm not sure why. They did have a great happy hour price on a very nice red wine, and the server was very pleasant and helpful, but the food was uniformly mediocre. We all ordered "house-made" pasta, but it tasted like what you would find in a grocer's freezer. Two of us ordered "goat cheese" ravioli, but they tasted like they were filled with bland, unseasoned ricotta.. The tomato sauce was similarly bland and under-seasoned, with no discernible herbs, garlic, or tomato pulp. The pesto, in a small decorative spot in the middle, was the high point of the dish. The other pasta dish, which had a bolognese sauce, was similarly underwhelming. A disappointing dinner.
- this is the second time we'veTheaterLoverVIPDined on 1/16/2014this is the second time we've eaten at Mangiamo Pronto and once again the food is wonderful. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuprisingLaceyVIPDined on 1/3/2014When we arrived the place was empty and that always makes one question an eatery. We were wowed the special as well as the salmon and risotto were great with huge portions we couldn't even finish. We would come back and may try happy hour.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best kept secret in DenverBruceDined on 12/21/2013A great little restaurant near Coors Field and Union Station. The food was incredible, and the service was wonderful. This is truly a gem in the heart of LoDo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I absolutely love findingTheaterLoverVIPDined on 11/16/2013I absolutely love finding new places on Open Table and this one will become one of our favorites. From the first welcome to the meal this was a great experience. Can't wait for another excuse to be in LoDo for the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some of the best Italian.Denver3VIPDined on 11/9/2013Some of the best Italian. Small menu but what they have is great.Special Features:
- Atmosphere a bit oversoldSterlingArcherVIPDined on 11/8/2013The food was good, although I did take a chance on a dish and found myself disappointed (my fault). Everyone in the party had a pasta dish and all the pasta was great. Services was friendly and attentive. The biggest issue for me was it didn't feel like a nice dinner out (but the bill was pretty close) - the ambience was more casual, like a converted deli, probably a hybrid in this case since they do sell cheese and curred meats by the pound. Perhaps I looked past too much on the Open Table Photos. The gellato was fantastic - so I'd consider this a great lunch or dessert stop. It would be good for dinner too if your looking for a casual atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superb valueUWEFDined on 10/25/2013We had dinner at Mangiamo Pronto on a Friday evening, and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The food was good, the ambience is pleasant, the service was good. Best of all, the whole thing cost less than $30 per head. We did arrive during happy hour, which is worth making an effort to do: for $6.50 one gets a good-sized glass of wine and a plate with 3 bruschetta; both were very good. The main course was also quite tasty, and very reasonably priced. All in all, a great experience. We will certainly return!Special Features:
- Great food!Denver3VIPDined on 10/19/2013We keep coming back. Hard to decide our favorites. Had the Pollo with pasta. Fantastic. Great place to go before a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem in LoDoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2013Freshly prepared Italian cuisine, assorted selection of cheese and salumiSpecial Features:
- The restaurant was less thanTBearVIPDined on 9/28/2013The restaurant was less than half full, but the kitchen was still very slow. The stuffed figs were dry and the entrees were smothered in sauce and cheese. The server seemed inexperienced, but was very attentive. The only ambiance was a Vespa parking in the dining room. Otherwise sterile. Also, it took them days to notify Open Table that we were there.