105 St-Paul O
Montreal, QC H2Y1Z5Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mangiafoco.ca/
- Phone: (514) 419-8380
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 2:00 pm;
Dinner: Daily: 5:00: pm - 11:59 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jean-Cedric Morency
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Mangiafoco
Mangiafoco is located in The Old Montreal and serves Italian CuisineContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Mangiafoco - Best Restaurants in Montreal ›
Mangiafoco reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (29)hot spot (26)notable wine list (19)special occasion (13)neighborhood gem (10)good for groups (10)romantic (10)great for lunch (8)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- annieDined on 11/13/2014Excellent service par la serveur. Excellente mozarralla!!Special Features:
- simply tastygouetnatDined on 10/31/2014Bonne bouffe simple mais oh combien délicieuse! À retourner souvent! Mozza et prosciutto avec salade de tomates MIAM! Pizza directe d'Italie et tiramisu décomposé une belle surprise délectable! Service agréable et respectueux du client!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensivel007VIPDined on 10/26/2014Too expensive for the food you get; 200.00 $ for 4, without drinks, for pizza? The place itself is beautiful,; well restore old Montreal location.
- Excellent!!DepindDined on 10/24/2014Ambiance très agréable, serveuse compétente qui connaît son menu et sait nous guider, nourriture de qualité, pizzas délicieuses et originales et, que dire du bar à Mozzarella!! Super idée!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecevantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/20/2014J'avais très hate d'essayer ce restaurant mais ce fut très décevant. Arancini bon au goût mais le riz était trop cuit. Pizza bons ingrédients mais la pâte ne goûte rien. Salade roquette très bonne vinaigrette et parmigiano en abondance. Portions tres généreuses, demi-portions seraient appréciées. Sièges tres inconfortables dont le dossier arrive au niveau des reins. On sert du pain, huile d'olive et balsamique avec l'entrée et on repart avec. C'est la première fois que je vois cette pratique. Celui qui veut du pain avec son plat principal devra s'en passer ou en redemander... bonne suggestion de vin. Vers 18 h le bruit est normal mais 2 heures à lus tard c'est trop bruyant. Pas de Perrier en petite bouteille ni au verre.Special Features:
- Good Food, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/18/2014I've been to Mangiafoco several times. The food is excellent, the wine list extensive. The setting has an industrial, lounge feel. It's a fun place to meet friends and share an antipasto dish of delicious fresh mozzarella and a bottle of wine, and choose among a nice variety of pizzas. The service is always impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu changesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Was good but unfurtunatly their was no Burratina for which we came for.Special Features:
- KalahariDined on 9/29/2014I eat the better mozzarella and tomato salad ever!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was deliciousAlexfoodieDined on 9/26/2014The bufala was fresh, the pizza was simple yet a success, and the mignardises were full of flavor. It was a sensational dinner. No wonder everyone in Montreal is talking about this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodGirlsdateDined on 9/22/2014I went there with my friend and it was good. The lasagna is delicious. Drinks? Not so much. The desserts were okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Nous avons passé une belle soirée, le serveur était de bon conseil, et les pizzas sont parmi les meilleures que j'ai mangées jusquà maintenant.Special Features:
- Plein de saveurs !MellyDined on 9/10/2014Le service était impécable, l'ambiance feutrée très agréable. Nous étions capable de se parler sans problème. La mozzarella était délicieuse et mariée dans tout plein de plats différents et savoureux. Très bon quand on veut un plat savoureux et abordable !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mozzarella BarAliCatVIPDined on 8/29/2014We decided to try this restaurant during a recent visit to Montreal after reading about the mozzarella bar. The mozzarella was good, though they were a little heavy-handed with the salt, and there were many sides to choose from to accompany the cheese. The tomatoes and the truffled peaches (kind of like olives) were our favorites. We ordered the Hawaiian-style pizza, and it was good. While the experience could not fairly be described as fantastic (the hostess reminded us not to linger too long into the evening rush), it was a positive overall. We would go back again.
- Very goodGirlsdateDined on 8/16/2014I went there on a date and it was awesome. The service was good and the food was delicious! I defo recommend the mozzarella bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JulesDined on 8/6/2014Great food and service. The set-up of the restaurant makes it feel quiet even thought it was full. I will definitely recommend the restaurant to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wednesday nightMtlfoodyDined on 8/6/2014Amazing food experience. Build your own plate to share with mozzarella di buffalo, tomato salad, speck, etc. mozzarella is a must to try. Was full at 6:30 on a Wednesday night. You should reserve if you don't want to arrive at a full place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite an experience!ForcheeseloversDined on 7/29/2014Dining at Mangiafoco is a very different experience. The food is very original (based on Mozzarella di buff alone) the pizzas are thin and very tasty. The service is friendly and very helpful because the menu can be challenging. The wine list is great but the prices match its originality. Situated in the heart of Old Montreal, its what's dining out means.Special Features:
- The following 85 reviews are from the Mangiafoco reviews archive.
- New conceptloubelle57Dined on 7/5/2014Food was great, nicely presented, definitely worth trying again !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!!OsadanDined on 7/5/2014Best mozarella bar!! Pizza is really good. Loved the local beerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La bouffe 4 - Le service 2CaroleDined on 7/1/2014La bouffe est toujours exceptionnelle mais à cette 2ème visite le service manquait lamentablement d'attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for pizza loversMymiDined on 6/30/2014I've been there for lunch with coworkers the first time i discovered this restaurant. This time i came with my boyfriend. Great place for a romantic dinner or to celebrate a special life event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/28/2014The food and service was amazing. The Mozzarella is melt-in-your-mouth incredible. The lobster on the Lobster Bacon pizza was a little tough. Im guessing it was cooked and then baked on top of the pizza as well. Other than that, everything was great.Special Features:
- Will never go there againDaniVDined on 6/19/2014I was called at 4 pm for my 6pm reservation to tell me I would have to be out of there by 8:30 pm. If you know how to manage your room and tables, you don't call up your clients to tell them they will have to leave if they don't eat fast enough. I ordered a drink when I came in and the drink arrived 20 minutes later. Appetizers were good. Ordered pizza for our meal. Apparently, there was a mistake somewhere (???) and it took an hour to get the 3 pizza: one was hot (the mistake I guest) and 2 were cold (waiting for the mistake to be fixed). The music was so loud, that the 4 of us had to yell at one another the whole time we were there. All and all, not a fun experience. Will not return and will warn others who want to go.
- Good lunchmathieuhuotVIPDined on 6/13/2014This is a good place for business lunch during the week, simple and high quality food.Special Features:
- Quick meal before a show!RealLDined on 6/12/2014We enjoy the restaurant and food. At our arrival, we said that we had to leave quickly because we had a show. However, it took a long time after the meal to get the bill, even after many attempts. Therefore, we were almost late for the show. We were frustrated.Special Features:
- Noisy Mozzarella BarThursdayDined on 5/6/2014Excellent cheeses, alive well trained staff, loud bad musicSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CorrectJP27Dined on 4/25/2014Les entrées de mozzarella sont bonne mais on peut faire tout aussi bien à la maison avec des produits trouvés dans les marchés de Montréal. Il manquait déffinitivement d'herbe dans la notre. Les pizza que l'on a prise était bonne mais manquait de "oumf!". Service excellent. Bel endroit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/24/2014Un pas dans le restaurent, la jeune dame à l'entrée nous demande si nous avons une réservation et nous demande de quitter à 20:30. Nous sommes même pas dans le restaurent qu'on nous dit déjà quand quitter. J'en ai donc glissé un mot au serveur et celui-ci, sans écoute, sans empathie nous dit que ça marche comme ça ( avec le ton qui va avec). Vraiment, nous aurions dû quitter. Alors, si vous voulez un accueil chaleureux… il y à d'autres resto beaucoup plus sympathiques dans le coin.
- Mon restaurant italien préféréStephDined on 4/16/2014Les pizzas sont excellentes surtout la Uomo et la Guanciale! Super ambiance! La mozzarella est exquise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Très très bonNalaDined on 4/12/2014La nourriture était parfaite et le vin succulent, rien à redire j'y retournerai des que possibleSpecial Features:
- Great fun fresh foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/26/2014My husband and I loved Mangiafoco and will definitely be back. The make your own antipasto platter featuring mozzarella as the star is a must, but the prices are a bit steep. $18 for the cheese alone, then all the add-ons. I wouldn't order a $40.00 Antopasto platter for two so not sure why I would create one. However, the food was great and the deconstructed tiramisu for dessert was fantastic (and we are not dessert people). People of all ages, families with kids (for the yummy pizza) and couples, it's good for everyone.Special Features:
- Excellent dinner!GaudiDined on 3/16/2014Had a great dinner! Shared a plate of appetizers (cured meats,vegetables and 2 types of Mozzarella di buffala cheeses) and some pizzas, everything was very good with excellent service! Would not hesitate to recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, very trendyEg67Dined on 3/12/2014Everything we had, a group of 30-40s women, was amazingly good, and fresh and original. This was my third visit and have never been dissapointed by the quality of the food and the busy/trendy ambiance. This service is extremely cordial, if a bit self important, like strongly recommending the appetizer which is the most expensive (19$), excellent, but tiny...really tiny. Which is my overall negative comment: expensive. I have systematically left hungry, not starving, but always with the feeling that I ate great but paid too much (because out-of-this-world modern italian can be found at a number great places). So if you're in the area, you will not regret it. By choice I would prefer spending the same money, say, at the Bottega!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot in Old MontrealOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/8/2014MF is a great spot for great food and wine. The service is very good and the staff is very knowledgeable! Their burrata and pizza are divine!Try the truffled peaches they are so tasty!!Special Features:
- Go mainly for mozzarella barfabulousDined on 3/5/2014Go mainly for mozzarella bar (bit pricey if you pick a few sides). We had a Burratina with 3 sides (tomato salad, speck and truffled peaches). Pizza crust is really good, thin at the bottom, but crust is moist and thicker.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurant in the Old MontrealJujugourmetDined on 3/4/2014Great for fancy pizza but the highlight is the mozzarella dishes. What a great idea! Nothing too complicated but every ingredient is super fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pizza in the old port!maresDined on 2/28/2014Delicious pizza and also gluten free options - great service and good vibe. We have been a few times now and will go back when in Montreal - consistently good - but book ahead!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/28/2014Tout etait excellent, mise à part l'attitude de la serveuse. Nous savons qu'il y a 2 services le soir, mais la serveuse mettait énormément de pression pour qu'on ai quitté pour 20h30. C'était tres désagréable de sentir la pression aux 10 min sans blague...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Selection of Lunch OptionsThikaDined on 2/20/2014I like it when a restaurant does not try to offer too many options. I really prefer smaller menus and great execution and that is what I found here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very uniqueDebbieDined on 2/16/2014Great mozzarella and accompaniments menu, very fresh and great for sharing and paring with good wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.