635 Clay St.
San Francisco, CA 94111Neighborhood:
Financial District / Embarcadero
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mangiatuttisf.com/
- Phone: 4157882088
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Raul Hernandez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Delivery, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Raul Hernandez 4157882088
A word from Mangia Tutti
Mangia Tutti has been serving great Italian food for over 8 years. Entrees include fresh local seafood, handmade pastas and pizza. Come and experience Italy in the heart of the Financial District.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mangia Tutti reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (7)fit for foodies (6)great for lunch (5)special occasion (4)romantic (3)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- WelcomingDianaVIPDined on 9/13/2014We split the house salad, big enough to do so. Assorted greens with walnuts, sun-dried tomatoes and crumbled Gorgonzola. Husband had the veal scallopine and sautéed spinach with garlic, toasted pine nuts & reconstituted raisins. I had the homemade ravioli with minced duck. It was topped with red & yellow diced tomatoes with herbs. The bread was delicious, just like cake. The owner said they bake it twice a day. It came with olive oil infused with herbs and a tomato based sauce. Both were great. We split the New York style cheesecake, a good-sized serving. It came with raspberry sauce and freshly sliced peaches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeterVIPDined on 8/22/2014Good food, but had some issues this time. New waitress was not good. bummer.
- Authentic Italian cuisineRMFisherVIPDined on 7/30/2014This place is the real deal. The best veal preparations in San Francisco; superb pastas; warm and intimate service and ambiance. You could be at a better restaurant anywhere in Italy. This place attracts a large hardcore of San Franciscans who seek the real deal, not this year's fad. Try Mangia Tutti and you'll become part of their fan base.Special Features:
- Overwhelmed restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014We showed up for our 7:00 reservation. After waiting for 10 min with no one at the host table, and observing that only one table in the entire restaurant had food, we left. There was a sizable line of patrons that also had reservations. The restaurant wasn't at capacity, and the manager just seemed to be walking around trying to avoid eye contact with the impatient line of customers. The bartender who wasn't doing anything didn't step in to help out either, it reminded me of an episode of kitchen nightmare.
- Very disappointingCaptainDougDined on 7/12/2014I have eaten at Mangia Tutti before but last night was very disappointing. Both of our meals were over cooked and mine was nearly unedible. When the issue was raised they suggested some red source over it. And then they still charged me for the meal. We will not be back.
- Delicious!!!greatDined on 7/10/2014We ate here for the first time and really loved it. The food was great and so was the wine. In particular we loved the minestrone soup and ravioli. The owner and waitress were very attentive and ready to meet our every need. The wine was great too!! We will definitely go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Neighborhood GemDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 7/10/2014I was introduced to Mangia Tutti in 1999 and every meal has been wonderful. The moment you step into the restaurant, you feel as though you've walked through a portal that transports you to Italy, from the decor to the warm welcome from the owner, Raoul, and his staff, who treat you like family. The food and service are consistently excellent. Shhhhh, this is one of San Francisco's best kept secrets!Special Features:
- SusanDined on 6/25/2014I had the Rigatoni con Salsiccia and it was delicious. There was just the right amount of sausage/peas/pepper to pasta and the tomato sauce was rich and creamy but not heavy. I would definitely have this dish again after I try some of the other dishes. I normally do not have room for dessert, but I tried the Tiramisu and it was so good that I wanted another piece.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing SpecialVcatDined on 6/13/2014We went to Mangia Tutti on our 33rd anniversary because of the four star rating it received on Open Table. This was not a four star restaurant. It is not located in a very vibrant area of SF. We had a pleasant waiter, but he was very hard to understand. The restaurant was clean and not busy at all. We were there early on a Friday evening trying to get dinner in before a Giants game. When we left at 6:30 there was not a soul there other than the staff. The food was prepared as though I had cooked it at home, nothing special. This restaurant would be good for a local just looking for an Italian meal and not trying to be impressed.
- Another great mealFredDined on 6/4/2014We love this place. We have been here several times and try to put it on our agenda whenever we visit SF. We took some friends this time and had a wonderful meal, with great wine, and superb service. Nothing fancy but always fresh, seasonal, and tasty. We shall be back.Special Features:
- Welcome Home!BiggieDined on 5/26/2014What a great special place. We discovered this quiet small neighborhood restaurant just up the street from our hotel. So glad we did as the experience was very special. The food was great, but the service was impeccable and I felt as though we had entered someone's home. Great food, great service, and the prices are extremely reasonable. What a find!Special Features:
- The following 221 reviews are from the Mangia Tutti reviews archive.
- Great group dinnerFoodExplorerDined on 5/17/2014We dined here with a group of 14 the night before Bay to Breakers. For a Saturday night, we were really happy to get a reservation for a large group. The food was excellent and the service was friendly and attentive. One minor challenge was the check was all written in Italian and in shorthand so we couldn't really decipher what each person owed. It was fine because we ended up splitting the bill evenly but it would have been nice to have a printed out or legible receipt. Everyone really enjoyed the food and wine. Overall a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014As a visitor to SF we always make it a point to visit Mangia Tutti. Never disappointed with food quality and service. When I need my Italian food fix, this is it. Very authentic and good portion size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerMSAnneDined on 4/26/2014We were in town to celebrate with our son and chose this quiet restuaruant. We arrived just after one large group and just before a second large group (it was prom season in SF). Service was great up until the large groups dinners were cooking and served and so we saw a little lag in our table service. The food was delicious, and and fine touch for our celebration.Special Features:
- Best meal so far in San FranciscodonnahuVIPDined on 3/26/2014We were a little surprised to find this restaurant almost completely empty when we arrived for our reservation at 6:30 and after our experience there, can't understand why this place isn't packed all the time. The server was very attentive and helpful and the food was outstanding. My husband and I both had the salmon on a bed of garlicky spinach and a delicious red sauce. All very simply done, but perfectly cooked and scrumptious. After dining out in other places with overly complicated menus and too many calories, this meal was exactly what we wanted. We'll definitely come back on our next visit to the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last minute large group for lunchSpecificaVIPDined on 3/17/2014They did a great job, 10 people asked for reservations with an hour to find a place - I booked Mangia Tutti and everyone very much enjoyed the experience. Good food, good service; I would recommend this to anyone. The italian dishes seemed authentic and well made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food as usual!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/5/2014Had a lovely dinner with my husband and his friend. We've been going to Mangia Tutti for years and we keep going back. We even live outside of SF now, but we try to make time to go to Mangia Tutti at least once while we're visiting. The food is excellent. I had their seafood spaghetti and it was delicious with a lot of seafood in it. Our friend had the duck ravioli and really enjoyed it. I highly recommend the restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines DayValentinesDined on 2/14/2014Get the rigatoni. My husband ended up proposing to me here after we got bumped from our flight to Mexico. Last minute table. Hostess seats people quickly up to 30 min before your reservation. Food good. Rigatoni is easily the best in SF. Lights are a little bright. Get the rigatoni.Special Features:
- The food is always great.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014This is a pleasant and relaxing restaurant near the Transamerica building. The service is always wonderful as is the food. I would recommend trying this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic and delicious ItalianRMFisherVIPDined on 2/7/2014Truly exceptional cuisine at reasonable prices, excellent service, lovely ambiance, authentic. A restaurant that wins loyal returnees and that can thrive indefinitely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & serviceInSFonBusDined on 1/28/2014Great food and service. Go. Our group of 8 had excellent service. Some people at the next table liked it so much they came 2 nights in a row.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what we were looking forMediumrareallday1VIPDined on 1/24/2014Nice relaxed atmosphere and solid Italian food at reasonable prices. It was the perfect spot to dine after catching an early evening movie at Embarcadero. We had pasta dishes and they were both very good. We will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- InconsistentJanieoaklyDined on 1/18/2014We've been three times- it's a convenient location to walk from our apartment- and it's been 1) really pretty good, 2) just fine but not great and the last time 3) not that great but ok In a pinch we will return and hope for our first experience again
- Good food, good service, good valueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014This restaurant is not fancy, but it has a very nice feel to it. It is not at all pretentious, and stays true to what it does, serving very good Italian food in a nice atmosphere with very nice warm service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exactly what I wantedVincentDined on 12/31/2013Title says it all. This place was exactly what I wanted. Nice NYE dinner with my wife.Special Features:
- Terrible Restaurant ManagementOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2013We had reservations for 7:45pm and did not get sat until 8:45pm. We HAD reservations mind you, and we were not the only ones...
- Took a reservation on ChristmasMbattttDined on 12/25/2013Took a reservation on Christmas Day, and was told it would be a 45 minute wait.
- Maybe we hit them on a bad dayBiggerEyesVIPDined on 12/25/2013I had high hopes here, but on Christmas day they failed to meet that expectation. First, inspite of reservations, tables were on a first-come basis - Our 6:35 check-in got us a table at 7:30 (reservation was for 7:15, we got there early), while a 7:00 PM reservation got seated at around 8:00.!! They need to fix this system! Since it was standing room only, the ambiance was 'hectic'. I would guess otherwise it would be a great place. Our waiter was excellent, as we were all the staff I could observe. Since it was hectic, I am sure the kitchen was hurried - the gnocchi was under-seasoned, as was my steak, which was also overcooked. The Tiramisu was very good. We will go back and try once again, and I will update this review!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/25/2013Very good service and food -- it was Christmas night and everyone was very busy - but always VERY friendly - service was fast - food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chrustmas lightsNeemaDined on 12/21/2013We had a party of 10 and had a great time with great food and wonderful service. Will go again. It is a hidden gem.Special Features:
- Good spot for a business orScooterVIPDined on 12/18/2013Good spot for a business or personal lunch. Quality Italian food at reasonable prices in the FIDi. Don't expect fancy surroundings - simple old school charm. Good service....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyable!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/9/2013Went there for a comforting Italian meal and was not disappointed. Service was friendly and prompt, food was delicious, atmosphere was relaxed.Special Features:
- Great Authentic Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/7/2013Good neighborhood spot for dining with friends or family. The Italian food was authentic with my favorite "homemade pasta"! Waiter was friendly and service very attentive. Great find in San Francisco.Special Features:
- Great job serving a largeBillDined on 11/9/2013Great job serving a large group! The food was excellent and the price was very reasonable. The Gnocchi is outstanding and don't miss the tiramisuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- undiscovered ItalyIndiefoodieVIPDined on 11/9/2013This is one of my favorite Italian restaurantsand I appreciate the fact that its not well known and I can always get a table. Owned and run by Italians. You will want to do it Tuscan style, which is to start with the appetizer, then go to the pasta course which you can share and end with the main course. This isn't Aquarello or Perbacco but there are times when you want to have a great meal and not worry about whether your credit card is going to get rejected. Its also authentic traditional Italian, fabulous pastas, great carpaccio, everything you would expect in a trattoria in Tuscany. The only complaint I had is that the dessert was shown as a chocolate soufle, and although it was yummy, it strongly resembled a brownie and icecream!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and WinetheswanDined on 10/22/2013The menu had the traditional favorites such as carbonara and lasagna but there was also some originality with duck ravioli. The wine list is extensive and the decor is cute.Special Features:
- Nice placeSpeechladyDined on 10/18/2013Came across this place as we were walking back to the Hilton on Kearny. Nice place, good food. Rigatoni special priced right, duck ravioli nice change. OK wine selection. Would return if in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Kept Secret for FoodiesRTomDined on 9/18/2013I'm hesitant always to write about this fabulous restaurant for fear of the public's discovery of it, I will lose the distinction of knowing the best-kept secret in restaurant circles.The relaxing atmosphere created by the welcoming and attentive supporting staff of the gracious proprietor of this fabulous restaurant is something to treasure by the business folks that make up the majority of the patrons when I dined there for lunch. Everything is freshly prepared, made of the finest of ingredients and served in most well-trained art of the service provider in a restaurant. I can't say enough good things about this restaurant, other than to encourage you to learn of the "secret" by visiting for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will return to Mangia TuttiFoodieVIPDined on 8/24/2013Dined at Monja before a show. Impressive wine list and reasonable prices. We ate the beautiful Antipasto platter for two and everything was so fresh and so delicious. Duck ravioli was outstanding and the pasta was obviously fresh. The wait staff is friendly and very attentive. They poured all the wine for us. Will definitely return to sample more dishes. A feal neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was poor, portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/16/2013Service was poor, portions were very small, and they charged $5 for a sad little portion of bread.