755 San Pablo Ave.
Albany, CA 94706Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.miamangiamangia.net/
- Phone: (510) 526-9700
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Soraya Ghaemi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Wheelchair access to restaurant but no restroom wheelchair access.
A word from Mangia Mangia
Mangia Mangia offers wonderful Italian cuisine derived from authentic recipes from the Northern and Southern Regions of Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mangia Mangia reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (36)fit for foodies (26)special occasion (20)good for groups (13)romantic (11)notable wine list (10)kid-friendly (9)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Mangia, Mangia Hiding in Plain SightmarTniLovDined on 11/23/2014Mangia, Mangia is one of the best Italian restaurants in the East Bay. It looks like nothing from the street, but once you are inside the warmth of the staff and the quality of the food are unbeatable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the food here!Route66Dined on 11/8/2014I've eaten here half a dozen times over the past year, and I've been consistently very happy with the food and the service. The place is small, so sometimes it can be loud, but for the most part it is comfortable, friendly, and formal enough to be special, but not so formal that it's stuffy or pompous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/8/2014We love this restaurant but we wish the menu would change from time to time, perhaps with the seasons. It has been the same menu for years. That said, the food overall is very good (though sometimes heavy on the salt). Service is excellent, and the ambience is lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We're regularsSandrabeeDined on 11/2/2014We go to Mangia Mangia once every week or two and always enjoy the relaxed atmosphere, good food and friendly, helpful staff. It's definitely a neighborhood gem - good for couples, small groups, families. All the food is fresh tasting and well prepared; the chocolate soufflé and zabaione for dessert are wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud, but goodGoodyDined on 11/1/2014The service was a bit slow, but they were busy that night. Because it is a small place, it's very loud. The food was good, but the bill added up fast. Almost $400 for a group of 7 people and two were kids.
- Don't goDinealotVIPDined on 10/25/2014We made a reservation for 9:15 and arrived to an empty restaurant. The waiter came over twice to take our order within two minutes of sitting down. The second time I asked if they were closing soon and he said not till you eat. At which point we left.
- Love this placemargaretocDined on 10/25/2014Great food and service. It makes me feel like I'm in a real Italian restaurant. Much prefer it to "fancier" options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Neighborhood RestaurantDaisyDined on 10/18/2014From the warm welcome on arrival to cheery thank yous on departure, a meal here is a true delight. Wonderful selection of appetizers, pastas, desserts and an excellent and unusual wine list (particularly for by the glass offerings). Meal was excellent. Wait staff efficient but warm and pleasant. Not a place you would chose if you prefer a cold, sterile, snobbish environment. Noise level not bad- can actually hold a conversation without shouting! Highly recommended.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014Once again, Mangia Mangia delivered. The food, wine. service, and ambience were outstanding. We had friends from WA visiting, and they loved it. Thanks!Special Features:
- poppaDined on 10/11/2014An excellent Italian restaurant. I love to take out of towners there. Easy parking. LovelyownersSpecial Features:
- An East Bay gemSherwoodDined on 10/10/2014We dine here often, as a couple and en famille, and the experience is always wonderful: great food, very friendly and accommodating staff. We highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Excellent dinner!nipnellDined on 10/4/2014I brought my daughter and her husband there for her 32nd birthday. the food and the service was excellent. looking forward to going back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely personal dining experienceBerkeleyadventurer3Dined on 10/4/2014Delicious Italian food, much like you would expect at a family home with an experienced chef...not pretentious but fresh ingredients and lovingly prepared. Attentive and friendly staff, always a pleasure to enter the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeanDined on 9/25/2014Mangia Mangia is one of my favorite restaurants . The owners are warm and friendly and the food is great ! The sea food specials are always my favorite.Special Features:
- Mangia Mangia VisitEastBayGourmandVIPDined on 9/13/2014The food and service were outstanding as usual. Our only complaint was the raucous noise level generated by a large group at a nearby table. Apparently it was due to a birthday celebration accompanied by a highly tanked crowd.Special Features:
- Reliably good to great foodAnonVIPDined on 9/4/2014The Iranian owner-chefs of this smallish place have contrived to make this a believable Italian restaurant you will never find in Italy, at least not as a tourist. The meat sauces, pastas and entrees all bear the spices and style of the Levant in subtle ways, making this a unique experience. The wine list isn't bad, either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- visitors from out of townalanmarinDined on 9/2/2014Took out of town visitors with two young children. Friendly, efficient service. food arrived promptly for hungry children. Well prepared, tasty food. Good reasonable wine listSpecial Features:
- One of our favoritesDanoDined on 8/30/2014We've been coming to Mangia Mangia for several years and have always been very pleased. Just the place to go when you are in the mood for Italian cuisine and ambiance.Special Features:
- Friendly staff and good foodfoodie747VIPDined on 8/30/2014I always have a good meal at this North Berkeley neighborhood gem, especially the risottos. And the owners and staff are a delight. One of my regular Berkeley haunts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Party of 10 had a great timeDFreemanDined on 8/28/2014We picked Mangia Mangia because they open at 5 p.m. and a group of 10 had to be at an event down the street at 7 p.m. To check it out, I ate there with a friend a week before the big event, and liked it. The night before, I confirmed the reservation for 10, and everything went very smoothly. Food was great, especially considering how fast the kitchen had to crank it out (this is just a little place). I'm going back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Nice variety to the menu; everything is very carefully and tastefully done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I guarantee it!FoodistaDined on 8/13/2014We warmed up with wine & the antipasti platter. Then Hubby had a wonderful halibut special (I know! How do you make halibut exciting?), our friends had the gamberetti (still amazing) & scallopini (delish) and I had the penne ala Norma - divine except I would have preferred the chicken shredded instead of cut into tiny cubes (strictly a tactile in-the-mouth-thing). We all tasted each dish so we knew what to order next time and then proceeded to join the clean plate club. A shared Chocolate soufflé was just the right amount of mmmm & left us all wanting 1 more bite. Our picky friends raved and we got all the kudos. Not really fair to the wonderful Mangia Mangia team. We've eaten in places with Michelin stars that weren't as good as this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chocoladVIPDined on 8/9/2014A friend took a group of us here over 10 years ago and each time i return it is a memorable meal. I had the soup of the day and my friend had the Minestrone which we both enjoyed. We each selected one of the specials which consisted of three meats served over mashed potatoes with a wine sauce. A tasty combination of flavours. The meal was wonderfully prepared and the staff very attentive without being overbearing.Special Features:
- Consistently lovely!RubyRVIPDined on 8/8/2014Everybody at Mangia Mangia always make us feel so welcome. The food and wine are always delicious, and we never feel rushed. The pace of the world slows down! Try it...Special Features:
- The following 409 reviews are from the Mangia Mangia reviews archive.
- Italian home cooking gemBerkeleyadventurer3Dined on 7/24/2014Mangia Mangia reminds me of having dinner at a good friend's house, one who happens to be a super cook. Service was friendly and spot on, each course arrived in a leisurely fashion on a very warm evening and the food was delicious. We especially enjoyed the soft stuffed fresh mozzarella appetizer and the seafood linguini although we would have liked to see a few extra scallops and mussels along with salmon pieces on the linguini. The wine creamy sauce on the linguini was perfect. A neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing "new" restaurant!FoodistaDined on 7/23/2014Started with bruschetta special and antipasti salad platter, then two orders of grilled giant prawn and lamb kebabs served over the mushroom risotto with veg, an order of shrimp in white wine and lemon herb sauce (you're thinking boring but you are soooo wrong) served with orzo and veg and an order of manicotti with a divinely light crepe filled with roast chicken and served with two tasty sauces. We couldn't keep our forks to ourselves and it was a "mmmmm taste this" fest. DO NOT MISS THIS or the chocolate soufflé we all shared for dessert! Oh, one bad thing--this place has been here for 19 years and we never knew! We've eaten great Italian food in Sicily, Italy mainland, SF, Berkeley and Oakland--this is a top competitor.Special Features:
- Mangia was unexpected find2pastaloversDined on 7/19/2014Happened to be in Albany & needed to find a restaurant for dinner for 3 adults & one youngster. Found Mangia on Open Table. Food: salad, pasta, veal was all excellent, exceeding our expectations. Service was outstanding. No problem in making changes or variations to menu items to fit our needs, preferences. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- not as good as last timerachelDined on 6/15/2014Over the years we have eaten here several time and our memories were of very tasty food, well prepared. This time, the veal scallopini was cut thick and very dry. The pasta with duck (one of my past favorites) was overly sweet, with the flavor getting overwhelming halfway through the dish. I was wanting to add lemon or something tart to counter the cloying sweetness. We will go again some time, but there are so many interesting restaurants in the area now...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Mangia Mangia fanOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014We went to Mangia Mangia last Saturday evening at 7:30 to celebrate our son's high school graduation. We loved the food (linguini de mari, veal, cornish game hen, prawns, Caesar salad) and even though we were all very full, we got the chocolate souffle dessert that many previous reviewers had raved about. The service was very good -- attentive without being hovering. There were families with young children dining there as well as couples, friends, and small groups. Parking was easy (plenty of empty lots and neighborhood on-street parking). Reservations were easy through Open Table (if your preferred time is not available, write what time you want in the Comments). We highly recommend this restaurant and will definitely come bac.Special Features:
- Our favorite little placepssstDined on 5/20/2014We love this little restaurant. We've been eating there for years - and we are clearly not the only ones who feel like part of the family when we arrive. The family who run it are wonderful, the food is delicious, the wine is good and the chocolate soufflé (order it as you are sopping up the delicious sauce cause it takes a few minutes to bake) is to die for.Special Features:
- Friendly Local SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014We had just moved to Albany and were looking for a local restaurant at which to celebrate our daughter's graduation from college. A long time friend and resident of Albany recommended Mangia Mangia. It was exactly what we were looking for. The food was good to very good - everyone had a pasta dish and all were satisfied. The atmosphere was just urban enough for us and the service was outstanding. We will be back.Special Features:
- Wonderful neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/13/2014Mangia Mangia is a wonderful neighborhood restaurant, but worth the trip across the bridge if you live in SF. The pasta dishes are wonderful, especially the seafood pasta. The waiter we had was very knowledgable about both the food and the wine, and was friendly, professional and personable. We had a wonderful dinner there and will be returning again and again.Special Features:
- Mother's Day Night OutTeslaTasterDined on 5/9/2014I invited my friend and Godmother here for Mother's Day, and the service was fantastic. They were friendly, hospitable, and fast. The food was delicious, and they even helped pair up wine with dinner! The prices were normal for the location, and the types of ingredients in each meal. Everyone with me was pleased.Special Features:
- Grossly overratedGabyVIPDined on 5/6/2014I can make way better food at home. I don't understand what makes people with this restaurant think that it's ok to serve HUGE pieces of under-seasoned steamed vegetables on a dish named after the restaurant (Pasta Mangia Mangia), charge an arm and a leg for an unappetizing brown/green dish, give you the evil eye when you add salt and pepper to it, NEVER refill your wine glass, make a face when you ask for a bucket of ice for your white wine to stay cold and forget every other thing you order so you have to remind the waiter about it. I also don't understand the 4.3 rating for this place, what??? I will not be going back.
- A new meaning to mangiaColbyDined on 4/25/2014Honestly this restraunt is a hidden gem!! The raviolis were devine. For the price its one of my top 10 italian spots!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's always...RubyRVIPDined on 4/19/2014...an absolute pleasure! The service is so friendly, the food and wine is great. What more could you want?Special Features:
- Wonderful LambOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014The lamb was excellent! It is my favorite dish at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Savory freshness!simpleasuresDined on 4/10/2014Never had lentils taste so good or complement the food so well! Roast salmon with fresh tomato gremolata on a bed of the most savory lentil/spinach mixture I've ever had! Every bite a delight! This is our go-to spot and is always special!Special Features:
- Mangia mangiaOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/6/2014We go to this restaurant quite often. It is one of our favorites because of the great food, and super friendly service. they really make you feel as if you were at home dining with friends. If you go there you must have the chocolate soufflé for dessert. it is simply divine.Special Features:
- Reliably great food and serviceGataConBotasDined on 3/29/2014I've actually been coming to Mangia Mangia for many years and I am never disappointed. Every dish delivers great flavor, the portions are generous and the service fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.