Mangia Italiano the Usual Place
2157 Siesta drive
Sarasota, FL 34239Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Mangia Italiano the Usual Place
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theusualplacerestaurant.com/
- Phone: (941) 952-9106
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Happy Hour 4:00pm - 6:00pm Everyday!!!
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Sara Menichelli 9412842477x
A word from Mangia Italiano the Usual Place
Mangia Italiano is family owned and operated dedicated to bringing you the highet quality of food and service. Our desire is to provide our guests an experience of classic Italian tastes in an elegant dining atmosphereContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mangia Italiano the Usual Place reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (7)neighborhood gem (6)good for groups (5)romantic (3)special occasion (3)notable wine list (3)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014We thought it was very good......there was not very many people there this evening, though.Special Features:
- MCMMVIPDined on 10/29/2014We have been to this restaurant several times and it never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseDrSteveVIPDined on 10/24/2014Have driven by many times and never given it a thought. We will be back. Menu is enticing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HFoodDined on 10/23/2014Wonderful real Italian food served by family from Rome. A gem not just for the neighborhood, but for Sarasota.Special Features:
- CustomerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Went for some home feel Italian pizza but the oven was turned off since it wasn't season, booo, and no meatballsSpecial Features:
- Awesome!!!SrqITALIANDined on 9/19/2014Thank you Chef Guisseppe for a wonderful evening at your resturant. The food was awesome, reminiscent of our honeymoon this past March in Rome. Sarah was so nice and matilda was so sweet. We are returning with my parents and a couple of friends to Mangia. Daniel, thank you for your excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014Delicious linguini with clams, mussels, shrimp! Generous portion, delicious pasta!Special Features:
- The following 6 reviews are from the Mangia Italiano the Usual Place reviews archive.
- Superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/13/2014The BEST lasagna and THE BEST cannoli I have ever had....ever! I took my husband for his birthday, and was rewarded with lovely extras including a candle on the cannoli presentation! The owners and wait staff are all from Italy and it is so charming to hear the Italian authentic accent and eat homemade REAL authentic Italian food. I HIGHLY recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real Italian CuisineLovetoeatDined on 6/5/2014Sara was great and married to the Chef. The food was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedsrqdinersVIPDined on 5/17/2014We absolutely disagree with the other reviewers. There were only 2 other tables occupied, but it took over 1/2 hour to get our appetizers , which required no cooking. Then, our main courses came much too fast. Pizza with porcinis & truffle had lots of mushrooms, but cheap ones - NOT porcini. Truffle oil was barely recognizable. Wild boar ragu was tasty, but only 2 or 3 tiny pieces of boar - mostly sauce. Wine list overpriced. A couple of tiny pieces of bread provided, with tasteless olive oil. One of our worst Sarasota meals.
- Great food in open concept dinning.lovetoeatDined on 5/14/2014This was a place for real good Italian but there was only one server using new technology ordering with tablet. We had a good time talking to each other and enjoying the food. I would recommend additional servers but understand it is hard to predict how busy the night will be.Special Features:
- Worst Restaurant in Sarasotadiner8selectiveVIPDined on 4/29/2014The appetizer muscles no taste- the bread was stale -the main course of fish should have stayed in the ocean.They informed me that my Open Table Credit Card to pay with was unacceptable. I could ONLY pay with another type of personal credit card.They took my reservation through Open Table -then an Open Table Card should be accepted. They told me, they were going to call the police, if I didn't use my personal American Express Card.It concluded with me giving them the $100.00 Open Table Card for a $65.00 meal. I was given no change or credit in return. This restaurant does not honor Open Table. If you want arrogant ownership and wait staff coupled with tasteless food and a long wait for your meal-then this is your restaurant foodies !
- Hidden Gem right before your eyesBcs443VIPDined on 4/11/2014Directly across from the SOUTHGATE Mall, this is a don't miss restaurant. Wood burning pizza oven, homemade pasta, super fresh, creative entrees amazing desserts, friendly caring staff all combined to make a great evening fit for foodiesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.