Mangia Italiano the Usual Place
2157 Siesta drive
Sarasota, FL 34239Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Mangia Italiano the Usual Place
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theusualplacerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9419529106x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Happy Hour 4:00pm - 6:00pm Everyday!!!
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Sara Menichelli 9412842477x
A word from Mangia Italiano the Usual Place
Mangia Italiano is family owned and operated dedicated to bringing you the highet quality of food and service. Our desire is to provide our guests an experience of classic Italian tastes in an elegant dining atmosphereContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mangia Italiano the Usual Place reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (8)fit for foodies (6)special occasion (4)good for groups (3)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/13/2014The BEST lasagna and THE BEST cannoli I have ever had....ever! I took my husband for his birthday, and was rewarded with lovely extras including a candle on the cannoli presentation! The owners and wait staff are all from Italy and it is so charming to hear the Italian authentic accent and eat homemade REAL authentic Italian food. I HIGHLY recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real Italian CuisineLovetoeatDined on 6/5/2014Sara was great and married to the Chef. The food was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedsrqdinersVIPDined on 5/17/2014We absolutely disagree with the other reviewers. There were only 2 other tables occupied, but it took over 1/2 hour to get our appetizers , which required no cooking. Then, our main courses came much too fast. Pizza with porcinis & truffle had lots of mushrooms, but cheap ones - NOT porcini. Truffle oil was barely recognizable. Wild boar ragu was tasty, but only 2 or 3 tiny pieces of boar - mostly sauce. Wine list overpriced. A couple of tiny pieces of bread provided, with tasteless olive oil. One of our worst Sarasota meals.
- Great food in open concept dinning.lovetoeatDined on 5/14/2014This was a place for real good Italian but there was only one server using new technology ordering with tablet. We had a good time talking to each other and enjoying the food. I would recommend additional servers but understand it is hard to predict how busy the night will be.Special Features:
- The following 2 reviews are from the Mangia Italiano the Usual Place reviews archive.
- Worst Restaurant in Sarasotadiner8selectiveVIPDined on 4/29/2014The appetizer muscles no taste- the bread was stale -the main course of fish should have stayed in the ocean.They informed me that my Open Table Credit Card to pay with was unacceptable. I could ONLY pay with another type of personal credit card.They took my reservation through Open Table -then an Open Table Card should be accepted. They told me, they were going to call the police, if I didn't use my personal American Express Card.It concluded with me giving them the $100.00 Open Table Card for a $65.00 meal. I was given no change or credit in return. This restaurant does not honor Open Table. If you want arrogant ownership and wait staff coupled with tasteless food and a long wait for your meal-then this is your restaurant foodies !
- Hidden Gem right before your eyesBcs443VIPDined on 4/11/2014Directly across from the SOUTHGATE Mall, this is a don't miss restaurant. Wood burning pizza oven, homemade pasta, super fresh, creative entrees amazing desserts, friendly caring staff all combined to make a great evening fit for foodiesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.