Mangia E Bevi
2222 Marine Drive
West Vancouver, BC V7V 1K4Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Mangia E Bevi
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mangiaebevi.ca/
- Phone: (604) 922-8333
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Rob Parrott
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let us create a memorable menu for your next event in your home, office or anywhere else you would like!
- Private Party Facilities: Antonio and Doug would love to help you plan your next party. We have several options to host your party at Mangia E Bevi.
- Private Party Contact: Antonio Sauro 6049228333x
A word from Mangia E Bevi
Now open in West Vancouver, Mangia E Bevi offers a classic Italian inspired menu with fresh local ingredients, a warm and inviting ambience and the passion of owners Antonio Sauro, Robert Parrott and Doug Grisdale to provide a memorable dining experience. Executive Chef, Rob Parrott, presents an outstanding selection of main entrees, with choices ranging from Ravioli Capesante – scallop and apple ravioli with champagne sauce and a grilled jumbo scallop to Anatra Ciliegino – roasted duck breast with dried cherries and cassis as well as Merluzzo Alla Crosta – pistachio crusted Alaskan black cod with roasted red pepper sauce. Dessert includes a full selection of après dinner liqueurs and specialty coffees along with finishing touches like Torta Al Limone & Pinoli – Lemon zabaione, pine nut tart with honeyed mascarpone cream.Continued
Parking Details: Plenty of free parking in the rear under the building with easy access to the front of the restaurant.
Parking Details: Plenty of free parking in the rear under the building with easy access to the front of the restaurant.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Mangia E Bevi - Best Restaurants in West Vancouver ›
Mangia E Bevi reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)fit for foodies (26)special occasion (20)romantic (15)good for groups (12)great for outdoor dining (11)notable wine list (10)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (1)Show More
- Too much kid noise for mesuevDined on 11/9/2014I know, the Italian family restaurant is a nice scene - but Mangia e Bevi is a high end restaurant and I chose it thinking I would avoid the family dining scene. The opposite occurred the evening I was there. Adjacent to us was a group - probably 3 couples with at least 10 children between them and the kids ran rampant through the restaurant and their screams of delight got louder as the evening progressed. This restaurant's acoustics make it loud to start with so the added screaming I found quite annoying. Honestly, it ruined my dining experience even though I did try to keep a positive attitude. I will be reluctant to return even though I really like this restaurant. We have always considered it a restaurant for special occasions.Special Features:
- New findreadpDined on 11/8/2014Tried this place because it was close. Had a primi and a secondi. both were excellent as was the service. will be taking my wife there soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodChataboutfoodDined on 11/7/2014We have been here several times over the years and have always been impressed. The menu is varied and there is something for everyone. The food is fantastic. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/5/2014This was my third visit to Mangia - and i can honestly say that i believe it to serve the best Italian food in Vancouver. i cannot wait to go back. Staff are welcoming and attentive - but the star remains the food.Special Features:
- dine42Dined on 10/20/2014excellent service and food. mussels and alaskan cod in particular were spectacular... will return againSpecial Features:
- Great foodsheedDined on 10/10/2014My wife and I went to Mangia E Bevi on a Friday night for dinner with my parents who were visiting from out of town. We usually go to another local spot but thought that we'd try M&B out. I'd taken the time to make a reservation but it seemed irrelevant because we were seated by the door, between the incoming traffic and the waiter station (meh). The service was good, but not spectacular, and the waitress seemed lovely, but not engaging. The ambiance seemed typical West Vancouver, not very modern but comfortable and a decent use of restaurant space. The food was the highlight of the experience. The food was cooked to perfection and as ordered, the appetisers were well displayed and the main course was both filling and delicious.Special Features:
- Special Occasion - Great MealWhistlerXDined on 10/10/2014My wife and I and our 11-year old had a wonderful evening at Mangia et Bevi. Gordon, our waiter, was very attentive anticipating our needs and ensuring that the evening went well - a credit to him! The restaurant was more than willing to cater to young children; Gordon brought this to our attention as we perused the menu casually, offering to prepare half portions of pasta. The wine list was good with a fairly broad range of prices. We settled on a 2009 Ripasso which was outstanding - wonderful on the nose with strength on the palate. The wine complemented our meals perfectly - veal scallopine and crusted halibut. The menu is fairly complete. We will definitely return to sample other dishes and winesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- minor quibbleimmimiDined on 9/27/2014Busy night and busboys were kept hopping. However, refilling water glasses and replacing essential cutlery should be an automatic procedure.Special Features:
- Real Italian in West VanChrisHDined on 9/25/2014Fantastic food and service. Truffle mushroom ravioli are worth a visit on their own. Excellent service.Special Features:
- LoriDined on 9/23/2014We visit this restaurant a few times a year and the staff is very welcoming and remember us. We love the room to the right side of the entrance. It feels warm and cozy. Excellent food and wine choices.Special Features:
- FANTASTIC!!JPBCDined on 9/17/2014Some of the best Italian cuisine we have ever had. Really enjoyed sharing our 4 courses so that we could have a broader taste of what they have to offer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner a deuxlotus7Dined on 9/17/2014Very friendly arrival and well seated in pleasant table by window - no hurry over anything all evening. good food -italian wines - very nice experience .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mangia E Bevi Always GoodNotblueVIPDined on 9/13/2014This is a restaurant we like to come to - the food is always good and the service is great.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experience!QuilterDined on 9/9/2014The food was absolutely fabulous! The service was excellent as well. We were celebrating our anniversary and had requested a private table. There was a large table of 11 people nearby, which made the noise level a little higher than usual, but it was not a problem for us.Special Features:
- fav "little Italian restaurant"cbortoluDined on 8/24/2014Great specials, and italian dishes with new world flair. I have never been disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute placeBashVIPDined on 8/7/2014Great food and service .but lacking some music! Extremely quiet outsideSpecial Features:
- amazing foodMangiarebenissimoVIPDined on 8/1/2014Summer pasta special awesome, The halobut specialalso recommended beautiful evening on patioSpecial Features:
- The following 226 reviews are from the Mangia E Bevi reviews archive.
- Summer eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2014We live within walking distance and seldom go here but I think we will change that, especially on summer evenings after a hot day. Service and food were very good, all round a pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant diningBaspenDined on 7/24/2014This was a good find while we were driving between Whistler and Vancouver. Extensive menu with lots of good choices.Special Features:
- Family placenumero1Dined on 7/1/2014We've been going to this place for years and know the staff well. Foods always terrific but we tried things we never tried before. This was the first time we used on line booking, which was very convenient,as they had our table ready and were waiting for us. I usually order a pasta dish but tasted the veal marsala, which is a favorite of mine and it was superb. As we were a group of five we shared a few antipasti plates. My wife had the ravioli which was excellent and our kids had entrees of black cod, duck confit and a beef striploin. (a meat and potatoes man from the American midwest). To my chagrin, no one would join me in desert, but we had a ton of Italian gelato at home. We sat indoors, nut the out door patio was packed..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014Always a good night... Food is always excellent, staff always attentive, just an all round good restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attention to detailRomyRDined on 6/14/2014Food was as always well presented and tasty. All 4 plates (we where with another couple) arrived at the same time which is important to me. The plates were heated and the food hot - very important. Good menu choices and the desserts were outstanding too. Our favorite restaurant in West Vancouver.Special Features:
- Will returnMyoungDined on 6/12/2014The baked goat cheese salad, rack of lamb and Trim cab sav was excellent. Friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Star Birthday Choice!SageChoicesDined on 6/6/2014My family dined at Bangia E Bevi for my birthday this week. It was a new restaurant experience -- I wanted something new and different, never tried before. We were absolutely delighted at the quality of food, service and ambience. We discovered 3 tables of friends/acquaintances at the restaurant at the same time as our party! We will endorse to all we are able to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice dinnerGiacomoDined on 5/31/2014restaurant was busy but still able to cope and service was excellent. We sat outside and the weather was warm and the heaters added just enough heat as the sun went down. Food was nicely presented good portion sizes and very tasty. Will definately make this a regular spot for dinner. Unlike some restaurants , we did not feel rushed and the food was delivered with a nice pacing to make for a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Terrific West Van GemlovethesunDined on 5/29/2014Our family had a great experience. Food, wine and service were all very good. This is one of the best restaurants on the North Shore. Among us our favourites included the Rack of Lamb and a wonderful pasta with wild boar Bolognese. When the weather is nice the patio is an added bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overcooked Spot PrawnsCFoodLoverDined on 5/28/2014Hello folks: a bit disappointed this time; 3 of our party had the spot prawn pasta special and the spot prawns were overcooked and mushy. Considering this was a special, we were all very surprised. The other members of our party were satisfied (2 steaks and 1 pasta dish.) All salads were wonderful. Provided a baby chair for our grandson and treated him extremely well. Server was pleasant and attentive. The only disappointment was the spotted prawns.Special Features:
- Still goodLeylandVIPDined on 5/18/2014MB is still a good restaurant, and we have been many times and will certainly return. We just felt that the menu is getting a little tired - same dishes for a LONG time, and the specials werent that appealing either. Time for a menu update!Special Features:
- off night?foodieDined on 5/12/2014My friend recommended this restaurant cuz he has been here a few times. The particular Monday night we went the mushroom soup was extremely salty, the asparagus that is with my halibut fish is also very salty. Must be the chef's day off.Special Features:
- Almost But Not Quite...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/3/2014I have a number of friends who love this place and I keep wanting to love it -- but I find the food is only fair to good. I've been maybe 5 or 6 times and the service is always delightful, as is the ambience. But the food often disappoints. The Caesar Salad was good but my Pasta with Prawns was so-so. My friend didn't finish her Lamb and said that her Green Salad had too much lemon in the dressing. To be fair it was a special request to substitute lemon for their standard vinegar, but the balance was way off and I would have expected them to be able to handle this. I would say this experience is fairly typical for me.Special Features:
- Wonderful Restaurant!CarolDined on 4/19/2014Incredibly accommodating for large groups. They arranged a side room that was separate but not detached from the ambience of the restaurant. The service was seamless from wine pouring to menu questions. The food was beautifully plated and cooked perfectly with interesting menu options. The pacing of food delivery was perfect and the assistance with coats etc (it was a party of 17!!) was flawless. Definetely return visits !! Doug the manager went beyond to find space for a few extra people at the last minute. Wonderful experience!! Thank-youSpecial Features:
- RomyRDined on 4/18/2014Our food was outstanding and was prepared = attention to detail = I had ordered a few days ahead "Veal al Limone" and they did a fine job all the food came at the same time - was hot and well prepared All in all a most delightful experience - especially the attention of the waiters and other personalSpecial Features:
- King Peter Black speaks..luv2dineDined on 4/8/2014We had a wonderful night..food,especially the rack of lamb was top notch, and quality. The friendliness of the operation was what should be for other resturants...Mr. Grisdale and sister Debra are part of the charm of Mangio..we will recommend the place to all that we meet..and will return again...Peter and Helen BlackSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousrubyDined on 3/31/2014Great food and service. Terrific variety on the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely fabulous food andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/28/2014Absolutely fabulous food and service. This is our favourite restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous except for the music...SeymourlouVIPDined on 3/9/2014We've enjoyed Mangia e Bevi for many years, & have found it flawless with wonderful food, friendly professional service, & until recently, a diverse mix of relaxing & enjoyable dinner music. Sadly, our last 3 visits over a 3 week period have been tarnished by a background of lifeless, repetitious elevator piano music in the key of C :( If the restaurant is busy, it's camouflaged by the chatter of happy patrons. However, we tend to dine later, so well before the end of our meal, the plinking has begun to irritate rather than relax. We've brought this to their attention, both in person & through OpenTable, but sadly it's not a concern to them at this time. For us though, dining out is about the WHOLE experience, & this spoils it for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceFoodisgoodDined on 3/8/2014Our first time at Mania E Bevi this weekend, and we enjoyed it. Food was wonderful and service was timely but unobtrusive. Ambience is fine - it's not heavily decorated but it is comfortable. We both had appetizers off the menu, and specials for entrees. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Italian Cuisine at its BestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/2/2014Great food, great wine, great ambiance, great experience served in a warm friendly and knowledgeable way. The parking undercover at the back is a big plus with Vancouver weatherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodWonitaVIPDined on 2/15/2014We had dinner for my Aunt's 90th Birthday and the restaurant did a great job to accommodate our special requests. The food was exceptional and the service was top notch! We have been many times and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the service was wonderfulcatjamDined on 2/15/2014the service was wonderful and the food was great too. Have been before and have been impressed with the food both times. My husband's only comment other than that the food was really good was that the décor needed updating. Happy place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.