Mangia E Bevi
2222 Marine Drive
West Vancouver, BC V7V 1K4Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Mangia E Bevi
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mangiaebevi.ca/
- Phone: 6049228333x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Rob Parrott
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let us create a memorable menu for your next event in your home, office or anywhere else you would like!
- Private Party Facilities: Antonio and Doug would love to help you plan your next party. We have several options to host your party at Mangia E Bevi.
- Private Party Contact: Antonio Sauro 6049228333x
A word from Mangia E Bevi
Now open in West Vancouver, Mangia E Bevi offers a classic Italian inspired menu with fresh local ingredients, a warm and inviting ambience and the passion of owners Antonio Sauro, Robert Parrott and Doug Grisdale to provide a memorable dining experience. Executive Chef, Rob Parrott, presents an outstanding selection of main entrees, with choices ranging from Ravioli Capesante – scallop and apple ravioli with champagne sauce and a grilled jumbo scallop to Anatra Ciliegino – roasted duck breast with dried cherries and cassis as well as Merluzzo Alla Crosta – pistachio crusted Alaskan black cod with roasted red pepper sauce. Dessert includes a full selection of après dinner liqueurs and specialty coffees along with finishing touches like Torta Al Limone & Pinoli – Lemon zabaione, pine nut tart with honeyed mascarpone cream.Continued
Parking Details: Plenty of free parking in the rear under the building with easy access to the front of the restaurant.
Parking Details: Plenty of free parking in the rear under the building with easy access to the front of the restaurant.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Mangia E Bevi - Best Restaurants in West Vancouver ›
Mangia E Bevi reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)special occasion (14)great for outdoor dining (14)fit for foodies (12)romantic (7)notable wine list (7)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- fav "little Italian restaurant"OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014Great specials, and italian dishes with new world flair. I have never been disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute placeBashVIPDined on 8/7/2014Great food and service .but lacking some music! Extremely quiet outsideSpecial Features:
- amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/1/2014Summer pasta special awesome, The halobut specialalso recommended beautiful evening on patioSpecial Features:
- Summer eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2014We live within walking distance and seldom go here but I think we will change that, especially on summer evenings after a hot day. Service and food were very good, all round a pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant diningBaspenDined on 7/24/2014This was a good find while we were driving between Whistler and Vancouver. Extensive menu with lots of good choices.Special Features:
- Family placenumero1Dined on 7/1/2014We've been going to this place for years and know the staff well. Foods always terrific but we tried things we never tried before. This was the first time we used on line booking, which was very convenient,as they had our table ready and were waiting for us. I usually order a pasta dish but tasted the veal marsala, which is a favorite of mine and it was superb. As we were a group of five we shared a few antipasti plates. My wife had the ravioli which was excellent and our kids had entrees of black cod, duck confit and a beef striploin. (a meat and potatoes man from the American midwest). To my chagrin, no one would join me in desert, but we had a ton of Italian gelato at home. We sat indoors, nut the out door patio was packed..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014Always a good night... Food is always excellent, staff always attentive, just an all round good restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attention to detailRomyRDined on 6/14/2014Food was as always well presented and tasty. All 4 plates (we where with another couple) arrived at the same time which is important to me. The plates were heated and the food hot - very important. Good menu choices and the desserts were outstanding too. Our favorite restaurant in West Vancouver.Special Features:
- Will returnMyoungDined on 6/12/2014The baked goat cheese salad, rack of lamb and Trim cab sav was excellent. Friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Star Birthday Choice!SageChoicesDined on 6/6/2014My family dined at Bangia E Bevi for my birthday this week. It was a new restaurant experience -- I wanted something new and different, never tried before. We were absolutely delighted at the quality of food, service and ambience. We discovered 3 tables of friends/acquaintances at the restaurant at the same time as our party! We will endorse to all we are able to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice dinnerGiacomoDined on 5/31/2014restaurant was busy but still able to cope and service was excellent. We sat outside and the weather was warm and the heaters added just enough heat as the sun went down. Food was nicely presented good portion sizes and very tasty. Will definately make this a regular spot for dinner. Unlike some restaurants , we did not feel rushed and the food was delivered with a nice pacing to make for a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Terrific West Van GemlovethesunDined on 5/29/2014Our family had a great experience. Food, wine and service were all very good. This is one of the best restaurants on the North Shore. Among us our favourites included the Rack of Lamb and a wonderful pasta with wild boar Bolognese. When the weather is nice the patio is an added bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overcooked Spot PrawnsCFoodLoverDined on 5/28/2014Hello folks: a bit disappointed this time; 3 of our party had the spot prawn pasta special and the spot prawns were overcooked and mushy. Considering this was a special, we were all very surprised. The other members of our party were satisfied (2 steaks and 1 pasta dish.) All salads were wonderful. Provided a baby chair for our grandson and treated him extremely well. Server was pleasant and attentive. The only disappointment was the spotted prawns.Special Features:
- Still goodLeylandVIPDined on 5/18/2014MB is still a good restaurant, and we have been many times and will certainly return. We just felt that the menu is getting a little tired - same dishes for a LONG time, and the specials werent that appealing either. Time for a menu update!Special Features:
- off night?foodieDined on 5/12/2014My friend recommended this restaurant cuz he has been here a few times. The particular Monday night we went the mushroom soup was extremely salty, the asparagus that is with my halibut fish is also very salty. Must be the chef's day off.Special Features:
- Almost But Not Quite...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/3/2014I have a number of friends who love this place and I keep wanting to love it -- but I find the food is only fair to good. I've been maybe 5 or 6 times and the service is always delightful, as is the ambience. But the food often disappoints. The Caesar Salad was good but my Pasta with Prawns was so-so. My friend didn't finish her Lamb and said that her Green Salad had too much lemon in the dressing. To be fair it was a special request to substitute lemon for their standard vinegar, but the balance was way off and I would have expected them to be able to handle this. I would say this experience is fairly typical for me.Special Features:
- The following 212 reviews are from the Mangia E Bevi reviews archive.
- Wonderful Restaurant!CarolDined on 4/19/2014Incredibly accommodating for large groups. They arranged a side room that was separate but not detached from the ambience of the restaurant. The service was seamless from wine pouring to menu questions. The food was beautifully plated and cooked perfectly with interesting menu options. The pacing of food delivery was perfect and the assistance with coats etc (it was a party of 17!!) was flawless. Definetely return visits !! Doug the manager went beyond to find space for a few extra people at the last minute. Wonderful experience!! Thank-youSpecial Features:
- RomyRDined on 4/18/2014Our food was outstanding and was prepared = attention to detail = I had ordered a few days ahead "Veal al Limone" and they did a fine job all the food came at the same time - was hot and well prepared All in all a most delightful experience - especially the attention of the waiters and other personalSpecial Features:
- King Peter Black speaks..luv2dineDined on 4/8/2014We had a wonderful night..food,especially the rack of lamb was top notch, and quality. The friendliness of the operation was what should be for other resturants...Mr. Grisdale and sister Debra are part of the charm of Mangio..we will recommend the place to all that we meet..and will return again...Peter and Helen BlackSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousrubyDined on 3/31/2014Great food and service. Terrific variety on the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely fabulous food andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/28/2014Absolutely fabulous food and service. This is our favourite restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous except for the music...SeymourlouDined on 3/9/2014We've enjoyed Mangia e Bevi for many years, & have found it flawless with wonderful food, friendly professional service, & until recently, a diverse mix of relaxing & enjoyable dinner music. Sadly, our last 3 visits over a 3 week period have been tarnished by a background of lifeless, repetitious elevator piano music in the key of C :( If the restaurant is busy, it's camouflaged by the chatter of happy patrons. However, we tend to dine later, so well before the end of our meal, the plinking has begun to irritate rather than relax. We've brought this to their attention, both in person & through OpenTable, but sadly it's not a concern to them at this time. For us though, dining out is about the WHOLE experience, & this spoils it for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceFoodisgoodDined on 3/8/2014Our first time at Mania E Bevi this weekend, and we enjoyed it. Food was wonderful and service was timely but unobtrusive. Ambience is fine - it's not heavily decorated but it is comfortable. We both had appetizers off the menu, and specials for entrees. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Italian Cuisine at its BestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/2/2014Great food, great wine, great ambiance, great experience served in a warm friendly and knowledgeable way. The parking undercover at the back is a big plus with Vancouver weatherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodWonitaVIPDined on 2/15/2014We had dinner for my Aunt's 90th Birthday and the restaurant did a great job to accommodate our special requests. The food was exceptional and the service was top notch! We have been many times and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the service was wonderfulcatjamDined on 2/15/2014the service was wonderful and the food was great too. Have been before and have been impressed with the food both times. My husband's only comment other than that the food was really good was that the décor needed updating. Happy place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mangia E BeviKenBDined on 2/9/2014Good food and good service. Restaurant was also nice and quiet although fullSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpeccableTheGoodDoctorVIPDined on 2/4/2014Superb service--timely, competent, courteous, friendly-but-not-intrusive--plus simply excellent food. In another city, this place would be packed every night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MANGIA E BEVIADAMDined on 1/31/2014I needed 'the best' restaurant in west van / north van because we had another engagment over there and needed to stay on that side of the bridge - I think we found certainly a contender at Mangia E Bevi. There are a few others near that I've tried in West Van that are well loved and hyped but I think mangia e bevi was better than both others that come to mind. This is not a seafood place, lots of other good seafood restaurants to choose from. But the pasta here was incredible, the appetizer beet salad was inventive, desert was amazing, recommended wine amazing, service outstanding. i would recommend. I had the mushroom ravioli btw- wow. great.Special Features:
- Fine Dining2foodiesDined on 1/25/2014This is a lovely restaurant that we have been returning to many, many times. It's not just the staff that are great but the ambience is perfect and the noise level is low. We had the 3 course cancer fundraiser meal. A lovely small green salad with fresh flavourful tomatoes, excellent veal scallopini followed by a delicious bread pudding for dessert. There is a very good wine selection list and we chose our favourite Villa Antinori. A lovely evening with a fabulous meal! And for a good cause for the month of January!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall experience was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/24/2014Overall experience was very good, but did not like the table location that we sat at as it was very close (in between) 2 other tables. We had a reservation and were seated at a small table for 2, other regulars came in after us and seated at better tables, no big deal but I don't like to be crowed while eating!Special Features:
- A great night out.LomaDined on 1/22/2014We have been to this restaurant a number of times and it never fails to impress. We were there this week for Bacio, MB's commendable charitable undertaking where a portion of the meal is donated to cancer causes. The three course meal was innovative and delicious. We love this spot for its reliability and fantastic Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What an enjoyable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/9/2014What an enjoyable evening - good food, good wine, good service. Thanks!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great way to celebrate!lovetoeatoutDined on 1/4/2014We had a family dinner for our son's 22nd birthday and our evening was wonderful! The food was excellent as was the service. We eat out frequently, and it is a treat to have such a great dining experience....highly recommended!Special Features:
- Simply SuperbTheGoodDoctorVIPDined on 1/2/2014Mangia e Bevi is still not as widely known as it ought to be--and that's good, because one can still get a table there most of the time. Recent visits featured a superb caesar salad (I swear they mix cocaine in with the dressing), a substantial and subtle cauliflower soup, and a pasta dish with braised duck and truffles that was simply outstanding. Home-made gelati outshine many gelato shops in the city--much creamier and tastier than most. Selection of Italian wines is discriminating. Tell only your good friends about it...so you can still get a table when you want one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dinnerLandTDined on 12/31/2013We thoroughly enjoyed an outstanding New Years Eve meal from the "specials" menu. The food and service here is always great and this evening was no exception. We are so lucky to have such a great restaurant in the neighbourhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a wonderful evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/19/2013We had a wonderful evening. The food was outstanding, our special dietary needs were met without a quibble, and the service was attentive and warm. Just a perfect restaurant for a group...you can hear one another, and the staff are very accommodating, and generous.Special Features:
- Almost always a perfect night out..SeymourlouDined on 12/8/2013We've eaten at Mangi e Bevi many times, and the food is always exceptional, the service generally excellent, and the ambience warm and friendly with a hum of happy diners always present. However, this last experience didn't quite meet the mark simply because the freezing outdoor temperatures seemed to be seeping through the floors & windows, making it difficult to sit comfortably and enjoy the delicious food. Several diners had left their winter coats on to eat, and we were forced to tuck our long coats around our bottoms and ankles to cut the icy air that seemed to be wisping around our lower extremities …. brrr! We didn't even stay for dessert as we knew hot coffee would not have reached the chill of our numbing toes :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overlooked for LunchTheGoodDoctorVIPDined on 11/27/2013Enjoyed another superb lunch the other day in a restaurant that was scandalously half-empty. Extraordinary caesar salad (I think they must put cocaine in the dressing), then a chicken+cream sauce+mushrooms that was far from routine matched with (as requested) a fettuccine alfredo that was one of the best versions of that classic I've ever had. Wine suggestion was dead-on: perfect minerality to cut gently through all that sauce. Would have had dessert, too, if I hadn't had the second glass of that wine! The North Shore seems not to value high-quality restaurants. C'mon, folks: I like earls & Cactus Club, too, but for a civilized meal (without servers looking like call girls) in a blissfully quiet place, get over here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of balance!IluvItalyDined on 11/22/2013With all the good reviews, I was looking forward to have a nice dinner on a Friday night at Mangia E Bevi. The staff is friendly, service & ambiance are good but the food was lacking the “wow this is delicious” factor. I started with the Insalata Con Le Noci. The portion was plentiful but the salad was not balanced at all! The amount of walnuts & cranberries on my plate felt more like eating trail-mix. For the main course I had Tagliolini Della Maiella. Tagliolini pasta with the smoked duck, wild mushrooms and sage-truffle oil. The pasta was drenched in oil and because of that I could not taste any of the other flavors. At least, the Tiramisu for dessert was the best part of the meal!Special Features: