Mangia & Bevi Resto Bar
260 King St. East, unit A103
Toronto, ON M5A 4L5Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Mangia & Bevi Resto Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mbresto.com/
- Phone: 4162031635
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 10:00 am - 10:45 am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 am - 3:45 pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Eleonora Caldato & Jeremy McRoberts
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Genuine Urban Italian, Private or corporate, lunch, dinner or special events, staffing, rentals
A word from Mangia & Bevi Resto Bar
Genuine Urban Italian; great fresh pastas, best thin crust pizza, grilled sandwiches (lunch only); wonderful loft/cozy atmosphere; Lunch Monday to Friday & Dinner 7 days a week; kids friendly; free parking after 6pm and weekendContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mangia & Bevi Resto Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (32)good for groups (19)great for lunch (17)fit for foodies (15)kid-friendly (11)great for outdoor dining (8)romantic (7)notable wine list (5)special occasion (4)hot spot (4)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Love this placeScubapatDined on 9/11/2014Every time. Great food. Great service. Amazing pizza.Special Features:
- Good range of pizzas for the patiostagemanagerDined on 8/31/2014Good legit thin-crust pizzas, nice salads. This is a valuable spot in a neighbourhood without too many options. It's probably busier for lunch than dinner. It's a bit tucked-away on a side street, but the wood patio is a good identifier. Was very quiet on Sunday evening of the Labour Day long weekend.Special Features:
- Happy experiencestoobiedoodDined on 8/23/2014Three of us reserved for Saturday dinner at 5:00. A good table at the back had been selected for us. Service was attentive, not intrusive. Server knew the menu and wine list well. Salads were generous, beautifully fresh, and perfectly, lightly dressed. Thin-crust Capri pizza, Comunista pizza, and pizza-of-the day were all excellent. For desserts, we chose from the list of tiny ice cream treats -- they look like chocolates out of a box but are in fact chocolate shells filled with gelato. A great idea for a light sweet at the end of the meal, and only $1.50 each. Music was in the background where it belongs, although we did notice as we left that the volume had started to creep up. A very good experience, and we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing PlaceegreeDined on 8/15/2014Amazing pizza, great service. Mangia E Bevi is an amazing hidden gem!Special Features:
- Good authentic Italian foodLouieDizzyDined on 8/9/2014Mangi e Bevi is a great place to have a good honest authentic Italian meal. One of the best places for pizza in Toronto.Special Features:
- Delicious PizzayumyumDined on 8/8/2014The pizza was fantastic! Perfectly cooked with amazing toppings. The only minor setback to the evening was the height of the chairs as I felt like I was reaching up to the table, however in terms of the meal I have no complaints. Definitely will head back there for anotherSpecial Features:
- Hard to find!eateatandeatDined on 7/25/2014This place was hiding at the back of a building. It was hard to find even if we knew the address and we are living in the neighbourhood. They have a great variety of pizzas to choose from. The crust is crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. The fresh pasta was really good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service but food just okmarketchickDined on 7/20/2014We've been coming here for the past 4 years since moving to the neighbourhood. Food and service have always been great but the last couple of times, the food has only been passable. We both ordered pasta dishes the last couple of times so perhaps we'll be sticking with their pizzas from now on (which are still great).Special Features:
- Great pre theatre placeCrumbDined on 6/25/2014We were off to the Berkeley Theatre and this restaurant worked out perfectly. Great selection of pastas and pizza. Good selection for vegetarians too.Special Features:
- Soupy Pasta CarbonaraCarbonaramanDined on 6/13/2014Suggest you start with the Antipasto Misto or the Insalata di Polipo - both excellent. Wine is reasonably priced so no need to order by the glass. However, I did not expect a soupy pasta carbonara. Not terrible mind you but not what I ordered. Perhaps the Chef needs to take a bit more care in the preparation and serving of the food and less time going for a smoke break and discussing Italy's chances of winning the World cup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good.DeanDined on 6/12/2014I always enjoy my lunches at Mangia & Bevi. The food is terrific and the service attentive. It's sometimes a little busy -- which is a good thing -- so getting there early for lunch, or making a reservation is a good idea. I go often, frequently take clients, and am never disappointed.Special Features:
- another great mealmytake39Dined on 5/31/2014My partner and I took first timers and it was a complete success! Again, I suggest the pizza is the best in the city. The pasta special was loaded with seafood and was scrumptious and my salad with peaches and pears was amazing. Fresh. Tasty. We have introduced at least 6 peeps to the resto this year and they all continue to frequent! Thanks for a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MiniacDined on 5/30/2014It's a hideaway, not in the busiest part of the City, but, the Pasta is AMAZING! I go back all the time, just for the Pasta!Special Features:
- Home feelJeffVIPDined on 5/24/2014Great spot, feels like eating in an Italian Kitchen, Pizza outstanding as was the Lasagne, and home made Tiramisu and CannoliSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 138 reviews are from the Mangia & Bevi Resto Bar reviews archive.
- A Gem of a RestaurantBaanoDined on 5/14/2014I never want to say goodbye to this restaurant. The food is incredible, the atmosphere is relaxed but with a "chic diner" feel. Rustic wood choices in the decor makes it feel "homey" We were there to surprise a friend for their birthday, and the restaurant remembered the special requests for the surprise I had written int he special notes section and helped keep up the rouse. They really cared to make the experience a great one. Amongst my top 5 favourite restaurants in Toronto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findNanookDined on 5/10/2014This was a great find thanks to open table it was a wonderful place to eat that has that homey feeling to it. The only issue was sitting near the kitchen.Special Features:
- Italian simplicityCsilNicoDined on 5/9/2014Great italian style pizza: thin crispy crest. Good selection of Italian wines, and particularly good desserts! The home-made tiramisu is amazing!Special Features:
- Authenticity without the pomposityFork2MouthDined on 5/1/2014There are few places that truly invest their focus on delivering authentic and quality food with each and every dish they serve. Don't get me wrong, aesthetic and service haven't been left by the wayside by any means, but after your first bite there is no mistaking that their passion and their pride is their food. And that's why I keep finding excuses to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family-friendlyEllieDined on 4/25/2014The pasta is very good, and special effort had been made to buy in gluten-free pasta for one of us. Good home-made soup (cabbage and bean). I had wild-mushroom stuffed ravioli, which was very good. A bit noisy with little children towards 7.30pm, but very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/24/2014The pizza is excellent here. Best in Toronto (and I know my pizza).Special Features:
- Lunch serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/24/2014It's a nice place to have lunch but the service was very slow. It took way too long for us to get our three salads.Special Features:
- We keep coming back!sarahDined on 4/23/2014One of our favourite pizza/pasta restaurants; unfortunately far from home. Have eaten here many times over the past few years, and have never had a meal we didn't enjoy. Thin-crusted,crispy pizzas, with delicious fillings; tasty innovative salads; friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the pizza!CyninthecityVIPDined on 4/21/2014Great friendly service. Pizza tasted authentic from Italy. Wine wasn't greatest (had Valpolicella) but ambiance was cool and will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good pizzafguerra024Dined on 4/17/2014Really good pizza. The bread starter with olive oil and balsamic was a nice touch. Steam whistle on tap was the proverbial icing on the cake. Or pie. Pizza pie. Recommending this spot to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pizza!msmangiaDined on 4/12/2014Pizza was awesome!. Ravioli was quite disappointing and therefore quite over pricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely recommend it. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/1/2014Definitely recommend it. The pizza and salads were great! Great topping choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimePurdMDined on 3/29/2014Great food, friendly staff, welcoming atmosphere. What more do you want! Will definitely be back. I went in as a couple but there were some really good group tables in another room. RSVP recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love the food at Mangia!MaxineDined on 3/20/2014Lots of choices and the salads are amazing. Great Italian food. Very fresh. I would eat there every day if I could.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- before theatrecarol4Dined on 3/13/2014We chose the restaurant because it was close to the Berkley Theatre and were very pleasantly surprised. the menu though limited is well prepared. great service. we would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, very casualBmanVIPDined on 2/22/2014We had a good dinner here but a bit disappointed. I had emailed ahead and asked if there were gluten free options for one of the people in our group: I was told "yes,' but in fact they don't. The food was good but more casual than we expected - salads were a highlight for sure. Felt more like a good lunch place
- ExcellentNeoMatDined on 2/17/2014After reading reviews on Yelp I chose this restaurant for my birthday dinner. The food was amazing! The pizza and pasta were all delicious. Since we were a big group I got to try several of the dishes and everything was excellent. The service was impecable as well. The server recommended several popular dishes and the kitchen was able to accommodate vegetarian requests.Special Features:
- Great food, but...CarnivoreDined on 2/14/2014The food really was great. No complaint there, the smell of the place matched the food too. But they lost my reservation on Valentines day... They called to confirm earlier that day and when I got there to feel all cool by saying I have a reservation at 730 for two and then being seated, they said there was nothing. Only had to wait 15 min before being seated but I was not impressed. Oh and no one apologized or they didn't give us anything to say they were sorry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow Service !!Diner55555Dined on 1/16/2014Food is good but you need to go on a day when you have lots of time for lunch. Service is very slow. I've been here about six times because it's close to my office. I stopped going for a while, but went again this week for a colleagues bday and it was painfully slow. Pizza and salads are really yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decline of qualityrosimiliDined on 1/4/2014I know this place for over 10 years now, and I always were happy to introduce it to people as a true authentic pizza place. But last week experience tarnish all that. I am not sure, it was a single incident of poor quality or the new norm. The buffalo mazzorala were right out of freezer, so not creamy at all and pizza dough was tough and nothing like before. I will definitely try the food one more time alone to make sure.Special Features:
- Great Choice!achooseyeaterDined on 12/30/2013Restaurant is small but nice. Service was excellent. Food was superb. Definitely would recommend this restaurant.......try the Montepulciano (red wine) - very pleasant and smooth. A great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Friendly Neighbourhood RestoRestlessinRiversideDined on 12/29/2013Had a dinner our with my boyfriend on a Sunday night. Restaurant did not have the wine or the salad we chose off the menu but were good at giving up alternatives. Restaurant was fairly busy for a Sunday night especially with not much around it. Lots of families with kids. Pretty good food for the prices. Has a good neighbourhood, local feel. Probably a place I would bring my family, not so much a special occasion.Special Features:
- One of my favorite places in TOHuggieBearDined on 12/27/2013Post holiday and ice storm aftermath left the restaurant less busy than usual but we didn't mind this at all. We got to chat with our waitress in a more relaxed manner and received amazing service. We had the entire restaurant to ourselves and felt very much like VIP! We shared the beets salad and the mushroom salad, then I had the amatriciana pasta while my friend had the shrimp pasta in rose vodka sauce. Enjoyed this all while sipping on some red wine. Always a memorable dining experience at this hidden neighbourhood spot. Molto bene!Special Features:
- Reservations mean nothingelRonconVIPDined on 12/20/2013Been going here for years and love the menu and wine list. Generally always a good meal, but this visit it wasn't. Even with a reservation from Opentable for 7:30, we were immediately greeted by a waitress that told us there was an 8:30 booking and if we weren't finished our meal, they'd move us to the bar. NEVER BEFORE HAVE I BEEN TOLD THAT I WOULD BE MOVED FROM THE MIDDLE OF MY MEAL TO ACCOMODATE SOMEONE ELSE! Not the way to treat a paying client, nevermind a neighborhood regular. Hope this was a one-off experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our neighboursOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/15/2013There are numerous Resto Bars in this neighbourhood, but if you want simple, but excellent, Italian food and place where you can exchange few words with one, or group of your friends, this is the right spot. Our favourite spot in a walking distance from where we live.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food & servicehoneybeeVIPDined on 12/15/2013tucked away on a little side street, just off King St, this is a great place for pizza/pasta before going to theatre in the neighbourhood lots of choices, good size portions, very tasty, & good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.