46-35 Vernon Boulevard
Long Island City, NY 11101Neighborhood:
Long Island City
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.manducatisrustica.com/
- Phone: 7189371312
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Sunday: 8:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Catering: Catering is available
- Cross Street: 46th Ave
- Public Transit: Take the 7 train one stop into Queens to Vernon-Jackson Blvd, take the G to 21st St/Jackson Ave, take the E to 23rd St/Court Sq, or take the East River Ferry to Long Island City! We are on Vernon Blvd between 47th Ave and 46th Ave (don't be confused by 47th Rd!).
- Parking: Street Parking
A word from Manducatis Rustica
Manducatis Rustica began in September 2008. Gianna Cerbone-Teoli opened the daughter restaurant to Manducatis Restaurant est. 1978, a local legend. Rustica is a rustic rendition of the mother restaurant. It brings local products together with old world flavors to produce a modern day flare on classic Italian favorites. Rustica specializes in a variety of homemade pastas, fresh fishes, sourced meats, and a mix of diverse salads. In addition, a café and gelateria lines the front of the restaurant, providing a variety of decadent sweets all made on premise.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Manducatis Rustica reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (6)great for lunch (4)special occasion (4)fit for foodies (3)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (2)romantic (1)Show More
- Sublime & Authentic Cuisine!MovieStarDined on 8/26/2014Rustic charm with a splash of chic would describe the atmosphere. Excellent top shelf bar. And the food!! The cheeses, the meats, the seafood, the fresh, homemade pasta, the gelato, and the homemade desserts --just too delicious to describe with words. If you're a foodie (or just like to eat) you must try this place. The grilled octopus was so ridiculously delicious -- tender, seasoned and practically melted in your mouth. The salted caramel cake puts you over the edge. All this complemented by excellent wine selection. What a neighborhood gem and just one stop on the 7 from Grand Central. Hope the tourists go to Italy and allow the authentic New Yorkers to enjoy this authentic Long Island City Italian-food treasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- basic food for the ultimate foodieMarlaPilatesVIPDined on 8/22/2014classic Italian, down home warm welcome--Mangia! I would totally recommend the schelp to QueensSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!toghersVIPDined on 8/21/2014Food was fresh, well prepared and delicious. We had buffalo mozzarella salad with peppers. Smoothest, softest mozzarella I have ever had. Eggplant rollatini was delicious. Very good ricotta filling. Flounder Livornese was delicious. Fish portion was big. Another dish was chicken piccata. Very light sauce and the coating on the chicken was light. Great for lunch. Can't wait to get back there. I want to try it for dinner soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SizzVIPDined on 8/1/2014Great pizza, accommodating staff. The lighting needs to be changed to make ambiance warmer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 18 reviews are from the Manducatis Rustica reviews archive.
- Good Good GoodOperamavenDined on 6/7/2014Food was very good Prices were good Noise level was good Service was good What is there to say bad Nothing Deserts like superb gelato a plus plusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UncleAlDined on 5/31/2014THis neighborhood gem has two rooms(make sure you sit in the larger room)THe food is very good but oddly the portion size varies from small to very big. My friend had rigatoni with two very small meatballs while my pork chops were too much to eat and i took one home with me. The pizzas are outstanding and most entrees are served with pasta or vegetables for around $20.You pick out your desert by visiting the small bakery and gelato bar in the small room. Overall, a really wonderful dining experience and we will be returning often.Special Features:
- A dining treatCandy229Dined on 5/15/2014Wonderful food and a varied menu. Italian fare with a nice selection of options in every category. My husband had the spinach pappardelle which was heavenly and I had grouper with escarole which I loved. Flavorful and perfectly prepared. Dessert was divine with a chocolate, chocolate cake not to be missed and a freshly stuffed cannoli. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Waiter AWOLOneTwoThreeDined on 4/27/2014Had dinner in party of 4. Server put the "wait" in waiter despite place being only half full most of the time (we started at 6; it was nearly fill by the end). Gone for long-long-long periods of time. Food for most of us was good to very good but my fish was nearly cold and one person really disliked taste of her wild salmon. Much to his credit, the same waiter asked her about it and when told her opinion, had it removed from tab. But the wait for every simple step of a dinner from beginning to end was excruciating. And the large kiddie birthday party in each of the two rooms gave this otherwise lovely, homey place the ambience of a Chuck E. Cheeze.Special Features:
- Well worth the trip to QueensWallStreetLawyerVIPDined on 3/16/2014Hidden to all but locals this is an absolutely terrific Italian restaurant. Excellent pizza, tasty pasta, wonderfully prepared fish, wine not overpriced. A can't miss choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FamilyLouieDelVIPDined on 3/16/2014There is no place better for a Sunday family dinner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal, great staff, A+ in LICJohnVIPDined on 3/7/2014My wife and I stayed in Long Island City during our NYC vacation and wanted to sample the food in our neighborhood. Manducatis Rustica looked very appealing so we made plans to eat on a Friday night. From the time we stepped in and to the time we left, the staff made sure we were taken care of. The owner, Gianna, came over to speak with us about the menu. She asked where we were from and took interest in us. The food was outstanding and the portions were fantastic. There isn't anything I wouldn't recommend. It's a super spot for a romantic Italian dinner that has a lot of value for what you pay. If I lived in Manhattan, it would be nothing to take the E train and walk a few blocks to the restaurant. It's that good and we will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Service were very good!JillAnnYVIPDined on 2/19/2014My husband and I recently had dinner at Manducatis Rustica and really enjoyed our meal. We had a very nice salad to start, split a pasta and we each had an entree. He had pork chops, I had fish. My fish was wonderful, but my husband's pork chops were a bit overdone and tough. He really liked the sauce they were in though. Our server was excellent. Attentive and helpful without being overbearing. The only downside...the atmosphere. This restaurant sorely needs some updating. Terrible décor, from the dingy-looking floor to the strange alcoves with weird "sculptures" to the odd chandeliers that seemed to small and weirdly placed. That being said, atmosphere isn't too important to me if the food is good. We'd probably go back.Special Features:
- What a joke!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Canceled my reservation 2 hours before on Valentines Day. Offered no accommodation of any kind. Ruined the holiday.
- outstandingPaulieDined on 2/9/2014The atmosphere is family oriented, the service is great, the food outstanding. I did not miss a single course. I went to bed dreaming of the food and planning my next visit.Special Features:
- An authentic neighborhood restauranArcherVIPDined on 2/8/2014My husband and I decided to explore Atlantic City on a cold Saturday evening and read about Manducatis in a blog and then read reviews on Open Table. This place is the real deal. There is an italian bakery that is part of the restaurant with all sorts of tempting desserts and gelato--save room for dessert. We had a great meal. I ordered the branzino and out came a very large and beautifully grilled fish. My husband had the veal chop which was large and delicious. A neighboring table ordered pizza which also looked awesome. The service is not stellar and there is a bit of a wait for the food, but dining here is an experience and if you are willing to go with the flow and aren't impatient, I highly recommend this place and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/2/2014We've been eating here since it opened a few years ago. We have never been disappointed. For appetizers love the arugala pear salad and the calamari in a red sauce. All the pastas are excellent. A friend particularly loved the raviolis. We were too full for deserts but the coffee was good. And to me a sign of a good restaurant is great bread. That they have and it is offered with a wonderful olive oil.Special Features:
- mamma knows bestgdfdmavineVIPDined on 12/27/2013Giana really knows how to do Italian food right. The combinations of ingredients are superb for all dishes. It is the best choice for Italian food in LIC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood restaurantbarbarachangDined on 12/7/2013We came on a Saturday night and the restaurant was moderately crowded - just what we were hoping. We wanted to have a quiet dinner with good food and didn't want to be rushed and we got just that. When it came time to get the check the waiter asked if we wanted the check then or did we want him to wait to give it to us. When do you get that kind of courtesy in Manhattan where they typically put the check down before you even ask for it? Nice place. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites ruinedChuckVIPDined on 11/22/2013This had been one of our favorite restaurants and we frequented it about twice a month until a few years ago. A friend was visiting from out of town and we met several of her friends for dinner. We knew there might be an issue so we requested separate checks for one group of 4 and a separate group of 6. Our regular waiter (and son of owner) refused our request and sure enough there were major issues between the two parties. We could not comprehend the refusal of management to accommodate us and my spouse refuses to return to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Service, Poor FoodRobertVIPDined on 11/3/2013We were a small group of 4 on Sunday evening, the place was about 20% full! we never received bread! we ordered 2 salads , they never came but we were charged for them on our bill, and the meals came 45 mins after we ordered, and everyone's food was warm at best.
- A lovely time with friends.Cather123VIPDined on 11/2/2013We were a group of 6 on a Saturday night. Round table was perfect for conversation. Calamari appetizer was great. Crab cake was not good,, rest of appetizers were just o.k. Pasta with sausage and broccolli rabe was terrific, as was the red snapper special. Desserts that evening were a bit disappointing, as the place has its own bakery. The staff aimed to please, and we had a great time. Stick with the standards and you can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great restaurant, the foodMetfanDined on 10/23/2013a great restaurant, the food is fantastic. you would never know that a great restaurant like this is actually there. hard to find but definately worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.