Mandile's Italian Ristorante
2160 Lake Cook Rd
Algonquin, IL 60102Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Mandile's Italian Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mandilesrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8474584000x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 4:00pm – 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: G. Castillo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Mandile’s catering will dazzle you & your guests with a captivating experience you won’t soon forget.We approach your special occasion not as a one time event, but as the start of a long term relationship. Mandile’s provides full service catering for corporate event’s galas, fundraisers, picnics, wedding receptions, parties, & much more! We work with our clients to create the perfect occasion from theme to décor to service to staffing.Mandiles caters the following area: Barrington Barrington HIlls Cary Kildeer Huntley Crystal Lake Palatine Deer Park Schaumburg Elgin Hoffman Estates etc.
- Private Party Facilities: Thank you for considering Mandile’s Italian Restaurant Banquets & Catering for the event you are planning.
Mandile’s banquet facility specializes in wedding receptions, bridal showers, baptisms corporate events, fundraisers, birthday parties, holiday parties and much more. Every party is unique which is why our team of experienced event coordinators will work with you to create a menu that will have your guests asking for more.
Three private rooms are available which accommodate 20 to 200 guests for grand receptions, private dinners, lunches, and afternoon buffets with access to our outdoor Tuscan veranda. Because we understand the importance of a successful event, we have a list of unique and affordable menu options. It is our mission to provide you with the utmost quality and service that will exceed all your expectations, which is why we can personalize any Wedding or Event according to your needs.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Mandile 8474584000x
- Entertainment: Tony Ocean, The Neverly Brothers, The Moods.
- Special Events: At Mandile's Italian Ristorante Banquets & Catering in Algonquin , we are inspired by tradition. Any occasion you bring to us is an occasion we want you to remember. Buffet and Family Style Luncheons or Dinners bring together all the ingredients for special memories.Our goal is to give you something memorable, something fulfilling, an event that is exactly as it should be.
We serve your party needs with all the essentials: great food, fantastic service and attention to every detail.
Are you looking for something different, something special? Let us prepare a theme party for you. Mandile’s party specialists can provide everything you need, on or off-site, to make your event memorable.
A word from Mandile's Italian Ristorante
Mandile's Italian Invites you to indulge yourself in a truly unique dining experience whether it is for two, a business or social event, or large celebration. Our menu captures the unique flavors of traditional Italian recipes that we bring back from the old country and blend with the new; a cuisine that is sure to leave you satisfied. Choose from our traditional menu selection including traditional entrees such as homemade gnocchi, lasagna, classic pasta dishes, fresh seafood & chicken entrees,& of course, homemade desserts.Mandile's Italian Ristorante Banquets & Catering also offers a menu for Family Style Dining, a perfect suggestion for large groups.Mandile's Italian features an extensive wine list but our welcoming bar atmosphere is where friends get together.Our experienced bartenders are always there to accommodate you and your guests. For a change of pace try our outdoor patio. Dine under the stars on our patio making for a romantic evening with that special someone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Mandile's Italian Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Algonquin ›
Mandile's Italian Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (25)romantic (23)neighborhood gem (19)great for outdoor dining (19)good for groups (16)fit for foodies (15)notable wine list (12)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Supper Club feelOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Tony Ocean was playng in the bar when we visited. It is so hard to find a place to dance AND actually carry on a conversation at the same time. This is not a club or a singles bar scene...or at least when we were there. Most older couples looking for a resonably price meal and also a place to dance a bit too! It could of also been an older crowd there to see Tony as he plays a lot of ld music from the Rat Pack era as well as 70's and 80's and it was my first time there. If you are a Rod Stewart fan...this is your guy!! The meal was good as well. I wouldn' say it was anything special, but you can get a huge meal and salad and bread for $15.00 with live music so it is a great deal. Would go again for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nummieOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2014The appetizer was great. The food was mediocur. We really enjoyed the calamai, but the rest was just ok. Drinks were good and well served, but the ad ons to the drinks were non existant.
- Lovely evening!RoniDined on 8/23/2014I picked this restaurant to meet a friend whom I haven't seem in almost a year. We were given a table in a corner which was great. Our waiter, who was a delightful Italian gentleman made sure we knew we could stay as long as we wanted. We slowly ordered our meals which was the fried calamari, Caesar salads and eggplant parmigiana and the Mandile's ravioli. Everything was delicious. If I had one complaint, I thought my ravioli was slightly undercooked, but the sauce was delicious. It was a great find and the service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceLucyDined on 8/8/2014I love that most of the waiters speak Italian, you truly feel it is truly an Italian restaurant. The service abundant and always pleasant, not rushed. And the food is varied.Special Features:
- Very happy birthdayLuv4pastaDined on 8/2/2014It was my daughter's birthday and my and husband and I were never there but we enjoyed the food very much. The table that we sat at was very nice and private but was a little dark. The server was very nice and took great care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent Food, Excellent Waiter.Art6288Dined on 7/19/2014My date and I were seated on the patio on a Saturday night. This turned out well because a live band started playing about half-way through our dinner. Though they were good and fun to hear, conversation would have been difficult indoors. The staff was short on help that evening. So our waiter worked extra hard to service tables on the patio. Well aware of the delay we had in getting our entrees, he made up for it with complimentary wine and cocktails, dessert, and even an after-dinner liquor. We appreciated his effort to make the best of the situation. He turned what might have been a mediocre dining experience into one that we really enjoyed. The food was good but unremarkable, and the portions were generous. I would return there.Special Features:
- CWalkDined on 7/19/2014This restaurant has potential to be good. The ambience is very nice. The salads and main courses tasted wonderful. However, our waiter hovered to the point of irritating, I was served the wrong main course and then had to wait for the correct dish to be prepared. Needless to say, everyone else was nearly finished by the time I was served. The desserts were awful. My creme brûlée was soupy and my wife's gelato was gritty. I don't think we'll be back.Special Features:
- 7142013TitoDined on 7/13/2014Mandile's was fantastic, food was outstanding. We will for sure be back.Special Features:
- TEAMFOODIEDined on 7/12/2014Very Romantic, delightful authentic Italian dishes, & service. We enjoyed dinner & some of the best martinis I have had outside on the patio, it was quite the treat! We will be back with friends!Special Features:
- Great Experience!luvgoodfoodDined on 7/12/2014My husband and father in law took me here for my birthday, and what a wonderful night it was! Our waiter, Nunzio, was the absolute best! The food was great and the ambience was very nice. The only thing I would have changed would be to not seat everyone on one side of the room, leaving the other side empty. It would have had a better feel if people were spread out. Other than that, it was a perfect evening, and I will definitely be a return customer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group Loved It.MmnsDined on 7/8/2014The whole group loved everything about our dinner @ Mandile's! Nuncio was an outstanding server, and the cuisine was fabulous! The seafood ravioli, was made fresh in house.. The best I have had. Be sure to save room for dessert, the Italian gelato list was plentiful!Special Features:
- Fantastic All Around.GreatEatsDined on 7/6/2014Wonderful food, wonderful service, wonderful wine list, wonderful atmosphere. Some truly authentic Italian, we had a wonderful experience all around & we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014We love Mandile's. We have never had a bad meal there. All of our friends love the food. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/28/2014Unfortunately, this was not a good experience. There was a table of 22 which threw the whole kitchen off. My wife and I waited 1:45 for our entrée. All of the courses were delayed. The food is good and we'll be back but this was a disappointing dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014The food was delicious the service was AWEFUL!! When you see the busboy more than your server and the first thing your server tells you is that she has swimmers ear and can't hear anything so you have to point to everything you know your in for a long night. Not to mentions it took 45 minutes! To get our food for 2 people.Special Features:
- Great Food!IpickbadlinesMTBerDined on 6/28/2014We went on Sat. at 6 PM. The restaurant was buzzing due to a wine tasting event that was happening that day. It was extremely busy but we didn't wait long for our table. The food was exceptional. I had the swordfish with gorgonzola topper on a risotto bed. Great! It was a bit loud and busy on this particular day but the staff handled it nicely. Good vegetarian options as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Returning guestChianti4twoDined on 6/26/2014We have enjoyed dining at Mandile's in the past, so we decided to celebrate our 43rd anniversary there. We started with a cocktail outdoors on a nice summer evening and then went indoors for dinner. We had a starter, a bottle of wine, a delicious entrée and left just enough room (kinda) for dessert. The food was delicious and the staff were fantastic. This is a very special family owned Italian restaurant and we will be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!!Jonto2255Dined on 6/21/2014It was our first time and it was wonderful. Food was great as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful servicebuonissimoDined on 6/17/2014Our service staff was professional, prompt and efficient. Food was delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- weirdOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/10/2014the service was friendly and helpful, but it took forever to remove dirty plates, in fact our appetizer plates were still on the table when we left. we had soup and were not offered salt or pepper and none was on the table. we were given bread but not offered any more. the food was bland at best, tasteless at worst. the pasta was over cooked. we had one dish replaced due to no flavor at all, the replacement was better. we will not returnSpecial Features:
- Great restaurantEeeeeeDined on 6/7/2014This is a great restaurant. Plenty of food for a reasonable price. Service is excellent. Definitely worth trying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Al Fresco DiningitalianromanticDined on 5/31/2014Lovely spot to dine al fresco in the early evening before the live band starts up on a weekend night. Food is fair to good, priced reasonably, though I find wines and cocktails expensive.Special Features:
- cindysue61Dined on 5/31/2014we had 9 people and Nancy was our waitress. We asked for separate checks for the couples, but she said we could only have 4 separate checks because of your system. The last time we were there with a group, there wasn't a problem with getting separate checks. She may have had a bad night, but her service wasn't very good. We had to keep asking her for things, she would get someone something, but not ask everyone, so she had to keep coming back to us. One couple waited a long time just to get the check. But otherwise, everyone enjoyed the evening, had a good time and good food. Definitely will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GF disappointmentCeliacMommaDined on 5/23/2014I had been trying to get to Mandile's and was drawn there by the extensive list of Gluten Free items on the menu on the restaurant's website. I booked through OpenTable and my husband and I, along with 2 boys finally made it there! Upon arrival we were handed a menu that didn't resemble the online version at all. After asking, I discovered that the only GF choices were 2 pasta variations with a few sauces. I knew the boys would've enjoyed the pizza or at least some meatballs (when I asked I was told they weren't GF). Overall, the dining experience was pleasant and the place was nice, but I was just let down by the choices I had in comparison to what I thought were there. I would still recommend it and will likely go back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014We were at Mandile's for a mini reunion. Service was excellent. Our server was sensitive to the fact that we hadn't been together for a while and gave us plenty of time, but plenty of attention as well. Food is delicious!! Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- rogerVIPDined on 5/17/2014Mandile's is our favorite neighborhood restaurant. The food is wonderful and the service is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be backStevenBHillsDined on 5/14/2014Was all around excellent from start to finish ! We cannot wait to return again!
- Mother's Day BrunchfamilyniteoutDined on 5/11/2014As much as I enjoyed the brunch, I have to say the main menu is much better.I would recommend this to a friend.
- unpleasantly surprisedImnotapicky1Dined on 5/11/2014My wife and I have dined here a handful of times, and always enjoyed our experience. We had family come in town for mothers day, and choose to be here instead of pt. Edwards for mothers day brunch. The food quality was significantly Worse than typical for the restaurant. Our reservation was for 1130 and they were already out of cannolis. Mind you, brunch reservations ran until 2pm. How can you explain that you run out of one of the most popular Italian desserts less than half way through the reservation seating time period. The whole experience was bad, and I wish I would have treated my family somewhere else.
- The following 284 reviews are from the Mandile's Italian Ristorante reviews archive.
- Always a pleasure!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/2/2014We discovered this gem during the winter, and we can't wait until the patio opens to enjoy great food and service and nice weather! They even made my husband's birthday special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Its NOT all about the foodw2clDined on 4/26/2014my husband and i eat out every weekend from five star restraunts to the local bar and grill. Never have we had such poor service, althouigh the food was excelent We will not be returning tp Mandiles Restaurant. Our server seemed to have her own agenda. (example)= My husband had coffee after dinner Not only was he not offored a second cup, before he even finished the first cup our waitress swiped the cup from the table immediately followd by the bill.
- We Will Be Back.StevenBHillsDined on 4/24/2014All around Fantastic, we look forward to coming back in the near future.Special Features:
- Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2014The pasta dishes were excellent. The eggs good, the rest of breakfast poor. Our waiter couldn't have been nicer and more helpful. The hostess was overwhelmed by the crowd and we were there at the endSpecial Features:
- disappointing brunchdinheDined on 4/20/2014We've been to Mandile's several times for dinner & have enjoyed it. Easter brunch should be something special but this was far from that. While they said there would be 50 items, I think there was half that amount. First cup of coffee served was cold. Then server brought out a leaking coffee pitcher that made a mess of the table. Most of the hot items on the buffet were not even warm. On a second trip to the buffet, they were out of plates. Really? Mandile's should not offer brunch.
- Just okSandim25VIPDined on 4/12/2014The food was OK. If we lived close by, we might go on occasion, mostly because of the outdoor patio. Noise level was high. The server had trouble hearing us. They were setting up for some evening entertainment, that might have been enjoyable but certainly would add to the noise level. We hadn't seen our friends in a month and were looking forward to catching up. Fortunately, we finished dinner before the music started.Special Features:
- Outstanding dining experienceroarmanDined on 4/11/2014We had dinner for two, with one entree each from the regular and specials menus. The food was excellent from the appetizers on, and service was very attentive and helpful. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- A little bit of Italy in IllinoisOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/10/2014I've been to Italy, several places... tortellini tasted EXACTLY as it did in Venice.!! My husbands chicken marsala was to die for... and my son's veal parmesan was equally fabulous. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a true Italian taste!Special Features:
- Good EatsCheaperbycouponDined on 4/8/2014The food was tasty and portion size was plenty. The staff was gracious and the service was good. We will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Group PleaserJenPDined on 4/6/2014We went to Mandile to celebrate my birthday and all 9 of us were very pleased. We're an Italian family with some picky people and everyone left there happy and full. The wait staff was attentive and pleasant. This is a new family favorite and we will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Italian RestaurantluvNitelifeVIPDined on 4/5/2014We were here on a night when they didn't have entertainment so therefore it was quite. We love music and will have to come back on an evening when we can dance.....perhaps when "The Moods" are performing. Mandile's is very beautiful ..... we had a marvelous waiter, Matt, who was very attentive to our needs. The food was excellent. We really enjoyed the Oysters Rockefeller. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.