2021 Broadway St
Redwood City, CA 94063Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mandaloun.biz/
- Phone: 6503677974
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm Dinner: Friday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm Dinner: Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Dinner: Sunday 4:30 - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: David Mann
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have large tables in the dining room which can be arranged to seat up to 80 guests. Two Semi-private front of the restaurant seating areas that could be arranged to accommodate up to 24 guests each that feature a fireplace or a running fountain. Patio seating is available for large groups of 40-55 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Basim Nimri 6503677974
- Special Events: Happy hour at the bar; 4:30 - 6:30PM.
- Cross Street: between Main and Jefferson
- Public Transit: Caltrans Train stops at Sequoia station and we are just a brief walk in the southeast direction.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Metered parking in all downtown areas. There is a parking garage located across the street along with a large parking lot located behind Mandaloun.
A word from Mandaloun
With a casual, warm, friendly and inviting atmosphere, Mandaloun brings to the peninsula ethnically diverse flavors of the Mediterranean. Our Chef's passion for his food is well represented in all of the dishes on the menu both in his small plates as well as his entrees. Every dish on the menu is exceptional in its presentation as only the freshest and finest products are used to prepare each dish. Mandaloun believes in supporting the local trade as we works directly to bring to the restaurant outstanding sustainable products. Our unique wine list prepared by LeeAnn Kaufman is the perfect complement to the unique food. A full bar with specialty drinks, a warm fireplace to gather around, Mandaloun is the place to come home to. Connect with Mandaloun community on FaceBook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mandaloun/145622346229Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mandaloun reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (10)fit for foodies (10)neighborhood gem (9)great for outdoor dining (7)special occasion (7)romantic (6)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Flexible for plant strong eaterPlantStrongEaterDined on 9/8/2014Mandaloun offered great meat options for my dining companions, but I really appreciated that they were responsive to my menu request via OpenTable reservation. The food was EXCELLENT. It was the best meal out that I had in my 5 day trip to the area. I recommend it.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceBinrahVIPDined on 8/31/2014Good food, nice wine list, noise level is is such that conversation is easy. Ask for a seat next to the window; the breeze and outside scenery add to the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good CelebrationplaceexplorerDined on 8/22/2014It was my first time at this restaurant, but I've enjoyed the service and the food very much. In addition the drinks they prepared were great. I've chosen this spot to celebrate my birthday and we had a great time. I would definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RonnieDined on 8/16/2014Beautiful Tuscan like interior. Very good service. Cocktails were well made. Food was reasonabally priced and very tasty.Special Features:
- Not so goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2014Sorry to say that on the night we went to Mandaloun it must have been an off night for them. Food was so so at best and they were out of several items listed on the menu even though it was early (6:45PM).
- Ok food, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Restaurant was not at all busy, yet out drinks sat so long on the bar we had to get up and get them ourselves. Waitress was not at all attentive. Food was fine, one of our party ordered their steak rare and it was completely overlooked.Special Features:
- luvgdfoodDined on 7/16/2014The place is beautiful and the food is quite good. The patio is messy and not inviting. The noise in the main restaurant is beyond noise, it is horrible. They need to do something the reduce the noise, drape material on the ceiling or something..... I will not go back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/3/2014Pleasant spot. Thought it had outdoor dining but it didn't. Too bad. Saganaki was so so. Whole fish excellent. Meatballs disappointing
- Authentic Middle Eastern FooddvnoneVIPDined on 7/2/2014If you want delicious Middle Eastern food, this is the only place to go! Service was great, the drinks were strong, and the food had my taste buds dancing!!! The restaurant is beautifully designed and close to the movie theaters, and the Fox Club.Special Features:
- Mediocre at BestESelphDined on 6/21/2014Mandaloun seems to be going through the motions and the lack of a Saturday night crowd is one of the results. The food was unexceptional, the service (admittedly inexperienced) was barely present and staff seemed bored and ready to go home. I'm guessing that they'll get their wish soon. It's too bad as the location is good and the interior is beautiful.Special Features:
- KathieLove2eatDined on 6/20/2014We truly enjoyed our evening. The wait staff were very accommodating, we sat outside and they moved heaters closer to us to keep us toastie warm, even though we were late for our reservation. They food was very good and the presentation was nice. Would try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 295 reviews are from the Mandaloun reviews archive.
- New Fav!jlu1616VIPDined on 4/10/2014Great food and friendly service - will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to stop byRobNDined on 3/22/2014Met friends there for dinner. Did our usual thing of ordering several appetizers and wine and sharing all around. The hummus plate, and grilled lamb are always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticJessDined on 2/14/2014My husband and I came here for Valentine's day, which was our second time at Mandaloun. Since they were so busy, service was a tiny bit slower than usual but still good. The interior of the restaurant is very romantic and impressive, with huge vaulter ceilings, beautiful archways and faux stone work. The food is excellent. We have had the hummus and mussels appetizer, which were both delicious. We have also had two pasta dishes, the paella and bistro steak and all were excellent. Drinks and desserts are wonderful as well. I don't think you can go wrong here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!eatsDined on 2/14/2014Food is very good. Can eat from appetizers and little plates or full entree. Great bar and wine list. Can be a little noisy but well worth a visit.Special Features:
- Enjoyed Valentine's Day DinnermikkidwDined on 2/14/2014We shared several small plates, which were all delicious. The flavors spanned a variety of places along the mediterranean coast from Morocco to Spain to Italy. Felt like a mini vacation! They handled a busy Valentine's Day night well.Special Features:
- Fresh food - great paellaamheyDined on 2/14/2014We had a great French waiter for Valentine's Day. The dishes were all excellent. My main dish was a paella. It had plenty of seafood, a few veggies - peas & celery, and rice perfectly done. The only change I'd have made (and this might have been expensive) was to add a few more peas and a few slices of sweet red pepper to make it more colorful and use saffron (very expensive though) in the rice. This was the best paella I've had in California (where many of them have greasy sausage on greasy rice). The food here was not greasy, the vegetables were fresh. For dessert we shared an ice cream bomba. It was a sorbet that included mango, encased in white chocolate with drizzled dark chocolate - enough for 2. Restaurant has cozy fireplace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Give it a try!WordbirdDined on 1/23/20144 of us went to dinner before a concert at the Fox. The food was delicious, but they were understaffed. Don't go if you're rushed, but do go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch in Redwood CityJohnMartinVIPDined on 1/23/2014Karen and I had a delightful lunch at Mandaloun in Redwood City. Menu variety was excellent as was the delicious food. Service impeccable as well. Truly a most enjoyable dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Happy HourMollybeeDined on 1/22/2014We had a great experience at the bar area at Mandaloun. Good happy hour menu and yummy champagne. I took a friend there to celebrate a resignation and it was a great atmosphere. Service was quite attentive and genuine. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!DuffysmomDined on 12/31/2013We had heard about Mandaloun from a couple of friends so decided to give it a try. All four of us enjoyed the food and while it was already a lively New Year's eve at 7:30pm, the staff took good care of us. We felt very welcome and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great MealPanebVIPDined on 12/10/2013We were celebrating an end of an era (sale of a business). We had everything from appetizers to dessert. Food is Mediterranean in nature. We had the Middle Eastern/Greek platter of hummus, baba ghanoush, and Tzatziki and pita (always a hit), entrees included linguine with clams, fried calamari, beef skewers. The bomba (mango and raspberry sorbet inside a white chocolate shell is the bomb! They make a really great Mojito at the bar. The staff is always friendly and efficient. One of favorite places in downtown Redwood City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Sunday evening choiceshellbellDined on 11/10/2013We started looking mid Sunday afternoon on Yelp for a good restaurant to meet up with another couple for dinner and a movie in Redwood City. We considered a few other places but two were closed on Sundays and the others didn't sound good to all of us. I found Mandaloun with decent reviews and it was open on Sunday evening. The menu sounded wonderful. We sat at a window table near the entrance with no other guests around us. The place didn't seem very busy. The lighting was romantically dim. I didn't pay much attention to the decor as I was excited to visit with our friends. We ordered several of the "Small Plates" to share and all were awesomely good! The servers were attentive and knowledgeable about the food and wine. Will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Service, and AmbianceJillCDined on 11/9/2013With a small but diverse menu, there's something to please everyone. I always peruse the entire menu, but come back to my longtime favorite - the funghi pizza with caramelized onions. The pizza is generous-sized enough to feed 2 for a light meal, but I always bring home half for my lunch the next day. The ambiance, particularly in winter if you sit near the cheerful fireplace, is quite warm and inviting. Mandaloun is a neighborhood gem, contributing to the revitalization of downtown Redwood City. Take a stroll after dinner to see what is happening in the vibrant downtown area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tony's Birthday TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2013I phoned Mandaloun and a lovely young lady invited us to come in on such short notice. We arrived, the hostess welcomed us with a beautiful smile and seated us promptly. Our server was Cassandra-very pleasant to work with and another great smile. Our water guy was kind and had an upbeat attitude. I would say this is a restaurant that where employees enjoy what they do because in addition to the service, the food was fantastic-FRESH! We'll be back for dessert, soon.Special Features:
- Terrible serviceAndreaVIPDined on 11/2/2013Just terrible service. Only two servers for a huge room of diners, and they seemed disinterested in serving as well. Too bad because that area needs some better rated restaurants and this has a nice atmosphere. Will never return.
- Hidden JemLeoskiDined on 10/5/2013What a great place to have a romantic dinner before a theater show. The staff was great to recommend special dishes and the food was outstanding. We will definately be revisiting Mandaloun in the future.Special Features:
- Nice Pre-Theatre Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/21/2013We had tickets to a play at the Dragon Theatre which is a few steps down Broadway from Mandaloun. It was easy to get a same-day reservation, we were greeted by friendly hosts and servers and got great service throughout the meal. We opted for small plates and appetizers - it was a little early for dinner for some of us. The gigantes bean dish was terrific - really tasty bean and tomato small plate. Margarita pizza was perfect. The prawns wrapped in pancetta were a little bit dull and dry and the dipping sauce was not to my taste. Salads were tasty, though, and the Mediterranean sampler platter was good. All in all a really pleasant meal in a very convenient location for the Dragon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!VikasVIPDined on 8/19/2013Great service, and even better food. Our server was very helpful and friendly. I ordered a drink that had an aftertaste from an liqueur that I have never tried before and ordered a different drink, not expecting it to be comped. He was kind enough to do so. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad foodrichatdDined on 8/3/2013The chips with the cervuche were soggy. The whole fish was not cridpy on the outside and not flakey on the inside. Thecwaitress was grouchy when separate checks requested.Special Features:
- A pleasant meal early on a weekdayJenLDDined on 7/15/2013A first-time visit was satisfactory. We got there quite early so it was nice and quiet and were seated near the window. The rest of the restaurant looked too dark for my taste. The menu was pretty diverse and appealing. We enjoyed our heirloom tomato salad and kefta kebab.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mandaloun is beautifully designedetlrVIPDined on 7/12/2013Mandaloun is beautifully designed & is worth a look inside, whether you're dining or not. Two of us had the same dinner, sharing the hummus as a starter. The portion was very generous & extremely tasty. Next came the salmon in parchment with artichokes, olives, a delicious sauce & cooked to perfection. My husband began with the mussels which he rated as "fair", followed by the sousaka(?) which, again, he considered "fair" since the pieces of filet mignon were slightly tough. Service was excellent! Our waitress, Cassandra, added enormously to our enjoyment. She's bubbly, fun, knowledgeable, helpful & obviously knows how to make her customers feel special. Note to management: Be sure to keep Cassandra happy. She's a great asset to Mandaloun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed ...MooneydriverVIPDined on 7/5/2013Fourth visit to Mandaloun, and it might be the last. The restaurant was fairly empty on a Friday evening. Service was OK - perhaps a bit on the slow side. The Greek salad was good. The chicken skewers (small plate) tasted gamy - previously frozen and reheated, perhaps? Pizza was nothing to write home about. The grilled branzino was quite disappointing. It did not taste fresh, and it was possibly frozen and reheated as well. The veggies that came with the bronzino were the only good thing on the plate. Overall, it was not a memorable dining experience and we probably won't visit Mandaloun again.
- very good serviceOpentableFanVIPDined on 7/2/2013It's not fair I comment on the food, because the kind of food they serve isn't my favorite. I was taking a friend to a "thank you" dinner, and the restaurant was her choice. She enjoyed her food very much, and mine was tasty enough. As for the service, I was very impressed. The server suggested a cocktail (at my request), it arrived, I tasted it. He waited while I tasted and asked me if I liked it, insisted that I be truthful. When I hesitated he insisted again! When I said I didn't care for it very much, he took it back, asked what I'd like instead and brought me the second drink - all without hesitation, and with a big smile. Very good service in general, and even more impressed with that.
- pleasingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/29/2013much better than the usual mediterranean restaurant. some off-the-beaten-path items that are done nicely (fried smelts....i'm looking at you!). waiters very pleasant and personable, waterboys keep your glasses full. only fault was that the baba ganoush didn't have much flavor...needs some of those great middle-eastern spices! very reasonably priced. strongly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Found the table service attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/22/2013Found the table service attentive and very pleasant. The salads are delicious and meal in themselves. The Santa Barbara Pinot is simply the best. The atmosphere is casual, romantic, spacious, and you have no trouble having a conversation here - very comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looked great from the outsideOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2013First impression, hostesses too young, very unprofessional. Our waitress forgot to put our order in. She was friendly but the service was terrible. The bus boys never refilled our water, waitress never asked if we wanted refills on our drinks. Food was good, but not worth going back for. Nice looking place though!
- Mandaloun: over the Moon!adbcampbellDined on 6/15/2013What a FABULOUS FIND in Redwood City! Wood-burning oven makes everything taste better. Attentive but unobtrusive service with dishes perfectly timed, generous portions and the freshest ingredients. The back patio is an absolute gem with a gurgling fountain and vibe covered walls We could have been in Southern Europe but everyone spoke English! Close-by parking, validated at several nearby businesses make visiting Mandaloun a piece if cake instead of a hassle. Can't wait to return to try more dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique and Good!LamboVIPDined on 6/10/2013Well done, 4 of us went to dinner at Mandaloun and really enjoyed the food and atmosphere. The food was not your everyday meal and had many interesting flavors. My only complaint was the chairs were uncomfortable. Try it! MarkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent but not GreatFoodee13Dined on 6/7/2013Our server was fantastic and really energetic. The food was however college level. For what they charge you, you would expect the flavor to be better. The pita was really chewy and i've eaten at many restaurants that cook their pita in a wood oven and this not up to par. The baba ganoush and chicken skewers (small plates) were most flavorful. The tabouleh kept you wanting more. It was more of Parsely sprinkled with tabouleh. Let's be honest you buy the grain in bulk - why not actually have more of it in your dish?! Overall way to overpriced for what you get. If this is your first foray into Greek/Meaditerranean food save your $$ and take a real trip to out there dont go here bc you wont get anything authentic!Special Features: